Clerry Jambo

New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

jake

or possibly i just have my own opinion

Roker Park for your info is what it was called.

Have your own opinion but surely you get the attachment to Tynecastle?

The contempt you have posted is very suspicious.

Very.

Mr Sifter

Of course.

Had a Season Ticket up the back in the 90's. Great memories although it was at the end of it's time back then.

When I was a bairn me and my mates always thought that anyone that sat in the main stand was, well, a bit posh!!

On the odd occasion one of the boys said he was sittin in the main stand, it would always be met with a raised eyebrow and an "aye?". Always thought the main stand had a classier type of person than us scum in the shed lol.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

D&B, in my experience, is where a client will ask 3 parties to come up with a design for, let's say a school, and a cost to build it. This is done speculatively by those asked to tender. They will then go and source an architect and various consultants to pull it all together and then provide the aforementioned design and cost. The client will then decide who to appoint based on design and best value. This is how the new Kilmarnock College was procured.

A traditional build is where the client directly employs the architect and consultants to deliver a design. They will then ask, usually between 3-5, main contractors to tender for the works and will appoint who is usually the cheapest. Edinburgh Council are finding out to their detriment that wasn't a good decision to employ the cheapest contractor on Boroughmuir High.

Almost every project my company is involved in we are sub-contracted to the main contractor.

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-16/1604/south-park-s16e04c01-cartman-learns-about-passover-16x9.jpg?

maroonlegions

In some respects I agree but sitting opposite it with a full moon above it I knew even if everything else had changed this was MY beloved Tynecastle. OK times change, everything changes mostly for the better, but allow people who stood at this ground and loved Tynecastle as it was and loved the great Hearts players and the great and not so great Hearts teams who played there to have their regrets. I do.

This is what he just does not get, the emotional bond to the old stand, that is what he attacked the OP of this tread for.

He comes on acting like billy big b**** telling all and sundry about how the old stand is not fit for purpose , well feck me we all agree on that ffs.

We get it ,the old stand is passed it, but attacking  someone for simply  sharing their memories of the old stand is fecking arrogant and embarrassing.   FTH. 

Mr Sifter

Think you spoke too soon Sifter.

maxresdefault.jpg

With each passing post he makes, I think you might be onto somethin Disco ;-)

farin

Thats what happens once certain posters appear . Gives me the colly wobbles it does.

[emoji1]

Beat me to it.. this thread should be used to track the completion of the stand.. instead it's decended into the usual JKB farce..

Hopefully short lived as the thread could be a real cracker as the build progresses .

Boab

When I was a bairn me and my mates always thought that anyone that sat in the main stand was, well, a bit posh!!

On the odd occasion one of the boys said he was sittin in the main stand, it would always be met with a raised eyebrow and an "aye?". Always thought the main stand had a classier type of person than us scum in the shed lol.

The Shed was long gone by the time we moved up there. In saying that, we were School End connoisseurs !

Mr Sifter

The Shed was long gone by the time we moved up there. In saying that, we were School End connoisseurs !

Ahhh right, so you must be Ronnie Barker to my Ronnie Corbett. I know my place....unlike you who tried to get a bit John Cleesy as ye got aulder :-)

maroonlegions

Have your own opinion but surely you get the attachment to Tynecastle?

The contempt you have posted is very suspicious.

Very.

Bingo.  :2thumbsup:

The weeding out could be interesting. :laugh4: 

Mars plastic

So which one seems like the likely scenario here?

The club appointed James Clydesdale to design the new stand as he did the previous 3. I assumed the club would then appoint a MC to carry out the build. Like I said, I'd find it strange if they didn't, however, I can only base that on my previous experience.

Sir Gio

The club appointed James Clydesdale to design the new stand as he did the previous 3. I assumed the club would then appoint a MC to carry out the build. Like I said, I'd find it strange if they didn't, however, I can only base that on my previous experience.

I think it was Thomaso who pointed out that the COMPANY quite often these days do not like the VO the CONTRACTOR raise. More work in house but it can be done with the correct set of people and importantly control measures

Bad Religion

So the other posters who you said were spouting "utter nonsense" and have "probably never wired more than a plug in yer puff" were probably right?

PresleyJenks

I'm really excited to see the new stand finished. My first ever Hearts game was 1985-86 season against Aberdeen and we won with a late Levein header. I was sitting in the main stand as a little boy. I will miss it too but a new chapter is coming...

Mars plastic

So the other posters who you said were spouting "utter nonsense" and have "probably never wired more than a plug in yer puff" were probably right?

nope.

We were actually debating your post as you were slavering a load of tom kite.

Edited by mars plastic

Mikey1874

Just one Hibs fan infecting at the moment

He's funny but slightly pathetic

Bad Religion

nope.

We were actually debating your post as you were slavering a load of tom kite.

I think my work here is done. I'm out.

Mikey1874

Mars Plastic is Hibs

100%

Sir Gio

I'm really excited to see the new stand finished. My first ever Hearts game was 1985-86 season against Aberdeen and we won with a late Levein header. I was sitting in the main stand as a little boy. I will miss it too but a new chapter is coming...

Going to be pedantic :) Was sitting in my grannies that night, I thought we scored early. One of them funny lingering memories from childhood

Sir Gio

Mars Plastic is Hibs

100%

Fancies himself as Francis Begbie but provides mild entertainment

luckydug

Thats how I recall it as well. When it was 2/- to get in the Terracing it was dearer to get in the enclosure and a whole 5/- for the wing stand and 7/6d for the centre stand so you had to be a toff to afford it. No boys gate for the stand either, so used to love going to the reserve games as the stand was cheap to get in then.

My earliest memories are getting introduced to the Hearts through going to reserve matches. Most of the first team used to turn up and watch the reserves and just sat with their pals and other supporters. After about a season I was allowed to go to the first team games and always thought how great it would be to sit in the stand for a big match instead of being crushed on the terracing with 30000 others more if a Derby or OF match.

Floodlight matches with the glow of light coming from the main stand with folk lighting up their pipes and fags. The Edinburgh City brass band that used to seem to play exclusively for people in the Stand and enclosure. The stamping of feet when the game was exciting. The wee drinking fountain with the metal cups at both ends of the stand.

As time passed and our crowds dwindled to a few thousand diehards I watched most matches from the main stand. I must admit we had gone so far down I thought we were going under . The old lady has seen the best of times and the worst of times from Championships to relegation to Championships again . She has hosted some of the top teams in world football and some great players and some great matches. If that old corrugated,asbestos ridden,heap of junk could talk she would have some story to tell. Tears will be shed when the time comes and I am not ashamed to admit it. 

Sir Gio

I'm really excited to see the new stand finished. My first ever Hearts game was 1985-86 season against Aberdeen and we won with a late Levein header. I was sitting in the main stand as a little boy. I will miss it too

The report is available with a quick Google

Edited by Sir Gio

corryjambo

To be honest most places in the world had a classier type  :toff:  :toff:  :toff:  than us scum in the shed.

jonnothejambo

Why does every thread where the news is nothing but positive end up in a bitching session?

I beggars belief. Its really does!

Mars plastic

Fancies himself as Francis Begbie but provides mild entertainment

Nope, I don't fancy myself as Francis Begbie or anyone else for that matter.

I am, however, 100% hibs. Well, according to your pal.

maroonlegions

Why does every thread where the news is nothing but positive end up in a bitching session?

Trolls and undercover vermin??

luckydug

It doesn't really. For TWO very good reasons.

BRUCEM63

Hearts, Hearts glorious Hearts

Chaps

From a positive thread to a complete car crash

Only KB eh

:facepalm:

Icon of Symmetry

Only KB eh

It is something that happens frequently. Maybe there is a pattern? I'm sure someone must be looking in to it to see if there is something in common every time it happens.

Boab

Ahhh right, so you must be Ronnie Barker to my Ronnie Corbett. I know my place....unlike you who tried to get a bit John Cleesy as ye got aulder :-)

Perfect analogy.

tian447

Incredibly annoying that yet another thread has been ruined by a handful of complete and utter roasters.

There's some cracking posts in here hidden amongst the shite.

WorldChampions1902

It is something that happens frequently. Maybe there is a pattern? I'm sure someone must be looking in to it to see if there is something in common every time it happens.

Rentokil required.

kimosavi

This place is consumed by plums

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Notts1874

Rentokil required.

I'm afraid that most are actually Hearts supporters.

WorldChampions1902

I'm afraid that most are actually Hearts supporters.

Depressing.

WorldChampions1902

Was it called "The Ace of Hearts Social Club"?

I remember at the time this was built on land owned by Hearts and it was going to raise big revenue for the Football Club.  Not sure what actually happened but there was talk of dodgy management, fingers in the till, and the place ultimately financially crashed.

The Football Club then cashed in their chips and sold the land and building to the Council for buttons I believe.

post-850-0-95398200-1479248416_thumb.jpg

zoltan socrates

The company I work for has been sub-contracted to every main contractor that you can think of. Well, apart from Brookfield Multiplex, which is mildly irritating.I've also been on enough building sites in my time to understand how a contraction project works.

If this is the way the club are doing it then I'd be vey surprised as I can't recall of any decent sized stadium re-development, or any large building project for that matter, that wouldn't have a MC on board to pull everything together. That's what they are set up for. If it was that easy, or chicken feed as somebody else said, then they wouldn't be a need for them.

I thought brookefield only used mercury? Keep the circle tight and all that, do you work in m&e or elctrical or what? Fwiw i agree without an mc, on larger projects at least, its asking for issues Edited by zoltan socrates

farin

I remember at the time this was built on land owned by Hearts and it was going to raise big revenue for the Football Club. Not sure what actually happened but there was talk of dodgy management, fingers in the till, and the place ultimately financially crashed.

The Football Club then cashed in their chips and sold the land and building to the Council for buttons I believe.

fae9c67f7f62559bd5c129a9046e8c22.jpg

Icon of Symmetry

I remember at the time this was built on land owned by Hearts and it was going to raise big revenue for the Football Club. Not sure what actually happened but there was talk of dodgy management, fingers in the till, and the place ultimately financially crashed.

It'll be nice to see our footprint in the area growing again.

Just joe

Sad day when the old girl goes but at the same time looking forward to the clubs progression, wonder if the club will take a time lapse film of the demolition and of the new stand being built that would be a great way to say farewell.

Also hope we are able to buy some of the old stand as memorable objects we can pass on to our Jambo kids and grandchildren.

Mr Sifter

When did that place close? I've got no recollection of that wee Hearts badge being on the wall at all.

farin

It'll be nice to see our footprint in the area growing again.

Hopefully the new stands facilities will do just that & generate a good income for the club into the bargain. [emoji4]

farin

When did that place close? I've got no recollection of that wee Hearts badge being on the wall at all.

Early 70's,

Icon of Symmetry

Hopefully the new stands facilities will do just that & generate a good income for the club into the bargain. [emoji4]

Hope so. We are what the area is synonymous with, and we should have the physical presence to match. It feels as though we have been pushed further in to a corner as our money problems worsened, but now we are growing again. Did we not sell off the ownership of the club's in your photo to service debt/losses?

farin

Hope so. We are what the area is synonymous with, and we should have the physical presence to match. It feels as though we have been pushed further in to a corner as our money problems worsened, but now we are growing again. Did we not sell off the ownership of the club's in your photo to service debt/losses?

Yes, the club we're in dire straights for years before Waldo bought us tbh.

Mr Sifter

Early 70's,

Ahh cheers. Well before my time :-)

Olly Lee's left boot

I guarantee I've personally wired more plugs than you've built main stands.

Lol

Olly Lee's left boot

Only KB eh

Happens all the time.

farin

Ahh cheers. Well before my time :-)

d666616ab22c37fbe923ddc62ab17f4d.jpg

Opened in 1969 at a cost of ?200k. Strongest thing I had in it was a bottle of Coca Cola bought by my old man as I was far to young to drink. [emoji1]

Ski Nae

I have enjoyed reading about the Weir derby. I was in the main stand that day. Oh, my F.G. when that 4th goal went in.

I had a mini tape recorder with me and somewhere I've got a recording of the pandemonium.

Huck the fibs.