Sainsbury's parking tickets

Sneckiejambo

Francis Albert

Hey I've contributed plenty to the thread, I even provided a link to the Scottish Citizens Advice Bureaus advice page for exactly this issue.

Meanwhile, you've been judgemental, preachy, called people entitled arseholes and acted like an anal wee bowling club president who's found someone having two biscuits - "hey, he's breaking a rule!"

The particular post you quoted though, I was just laughing at you to be fair

another telling contribution.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bridge of Djoum

Scummy thing to do IMO.

Why not just find somewhere else to park?

Embarrassingly lazy.

You're beginning to come across as a hopeless troll mate.

Bridge of Djoum

Agreed. Some people's sense of entitlement is embarrassing.

I think every now and then sending someone around to let down tyres or key scratch offending cars would do the trick. After all as some have said there is no CCTV and there would be no practical come back for the "victims".

Ah, so parking in Sainsbury's is ''scummy'', but keying a car is fine.

Another world class post.

Bridge of Djoum

If the car park for the Hearts museum is heavily used by shoppers and residents around Gorgie Road, to the detriment of visitors and visitor numbers, presumably we'll be OK with that?

Define ''we''.

Bridge of Djoum

God don't get him started again mate, we've only just started gently putting the toys back in

Ha!

Fair point.

Desperately scummy? :rofl:

How sad and pathetic are you ffs

I'm sad and pathetic for pointing out how selfish and lazy people are? Okay.

Bridge of Djoum

Ok i get it. Giving a **** for anyone else but yourself is out of favour. Thatcher won.

You're just coming across as holier than thou, as if you've never inconvenienced or wronged a soul in yer puff.

Personally I'm more concerned about the poor, inconvenienced Hearts fans, having to dodge inconsiderate arsehole drivers on their way to Sainsbury's on a match day.

Francis Albert

You're just coming across as holier than thou, as if you've never inconvenienced or wronged a soul in yer puff.

Personally I'm more concerned about the poor, inconvenienced Hearts fans, having to dodge inconsiderate arsehole drivers on their way to Sainsbury's on a match day.

bizarre.i' ve driven to tynie and parked legally for 50 years without any problem from sainsbury shoppers or ottherwise.

Bridge of Djoum

bizarre.i' ve driven to tynie and parked legally for 50 years without any problem from sainsbury shoppers or ottherwise.

Could've taken a bus....

Bridge of Djoum

I went to Tynecastle for 30 something years, never once took the car. Always bus or walked.

I'm quite clearly better than you.

Why use Sainsburys? there's plenty of empty private drive ways on Stevensons drive, just park your car there ? Owners of these private properties won't be able to do anything will they?

Oh, if when you get back to your homes surrounds ? in Dunfemline/Livingstone etc, to find some group of people having a barbecue in your very nice garden, remember how you STOLE a companies private property space.

I have no affiliation to any companies car parks, but a deep dislike for ignorant and inconsiderate drivers, half the clowns who bring their cars in town on a Sunday, never having learned how to park before.

Park and Ride we have is excellent, USE it

Fantastic post, especially the barbaque part :)

Bridge of Djoum

yes i've done that too. And a tram.your point?

Oh, it's just you didn't mention public transport in your 50 years with no problems.

I went to Tynecastle for 30 something years, never once took the car. Always bus or walked.

I'm quite clearly better than you.

I've never parked inappropriately, becer broken a speed limit and never even gone through a red by accident.

If anyone deserves a shot of the moral high horse around here it's me!

Bridge of Djoum

I've never parked inappropriately, becer broken a speed limit and never even gone through a red by accident.

If anyone deserves a shot of the moral high horse around here it's me!

Who invited Mother ****** Theresa?

Who invited Mother ****** Theresa?

She just gets out on Gorgie Road, leaving the jag in a bus stop. She's the real arsehole here

Bridge of Djoum

She just gets out on Gorgie Road, leaving the jag in a bus stop. She's the real arsehole here

Was she ever keyed?

Was she ever keyed?

Once, they caught him on the CCTV running toward the Wheatfield but he was never apprehended.

s-l300.jpg

You should check out Mother T's YouTube channel by the way, "**** the Gorgie Community" it's called, she's brazen

Bridge of Djoum

Once, they caught him on the CCTV running toward the Wheatfield but he was never apprehended.

s-l300.jpg

You should check out Mother T's YouTube channel by the way, "**** the Gorgie Community" it's called, she's brazen

Non-Thatcherite's beware.

Francis Albert

Oh, it's just you didn't mention public transport in your 50 years with no problems.

sorry i did not see the relevance. The no 26, from clerry to roseburn for 50 years on and off.

I do hope Sainsbury's can recover from the loss of earnings due to the inconsiderate arsehole parking of some Hearts fans.

:sob: Puts it all into perspective :sob:

Okay, seeing as I'm not from Edinburgh, where could I park that's near the stadium at 2:45pm?

Matalan up at slateford road has shut down plenty parking there.

Many contracts in the world aren't valid. An unenforceable contract is one which a court deems as valid but will not enforce for a particular reason e.g a contract to buy controlled drugs.

Parroting that parking charge contracts are unenforceable is wrong because they are no different to any other contracts the difference is it a very hard if not impossible to prove the parking company entered in to a valid contract with a particular individual. That doesn't mean that if you confirm you were the driver and that you entered in to a contract with the company and it went to court the court would not enforce it.

Where the contract contains a "penalty" rather than a charge the contract is unenforceable. Where a fraud (use of words such as fine, penalty or misrepresentation) is committed a private parking contract is also unenforceable. Both of these have been tested in courts many times. We can go into detail if you want but its the general principles that are important for those reading this thread - they just want to know if they will get away with it or not - I suspect no ones really interested in the remedies available to them / the law

If anyone is really into it, they can go on PePiPoo to read the case studies and discuss with lawyers to their hearts content.

Civilisation as we know it about to collapse because someone parked in Sainsburys

Said no one ever. No on this thread at least.

Strange post.

Would someone be scum if they did their weekly shop, popped into the dry cleaners and then had a bite to eat in the caf? which took them over the two hour threshold?

Would someone be scum if they did their weekly shop, popped into the dry cleaners and then had a bite to eat in the caf? which took them over the two hour threshold?

'Fraid so. Using a supermarket cafe = scummy

:toff:

In the grand scheme of things - its clearly not something which is crime of  the century, but that doesn't mean its not worthy of debate.

Sadly, we now live in a society where these 'just park where you want and ignore the fines' type posts have become culture.

Maybe i'm just getting old and have old fashioned beliefs, but i'm very much of the thought that if a land owner sets out a set of conditions they wish to be met in order for me to use their facility - i'll either meet those conditions and use their facility, or decide that I don't like the conditions and choose not to use them.

If I decide to use their facility and breach their conditions - Im also of the opinion that any penalty they have declared prior to my use of their facility should be enforceable.

'I'LL PARK WHERE I WANT FOR HOWEVER LONG I WANT AND THROW YOUR TICKET IN THE BIN LOLOLOLOLOLOL' - i'm not sure how anyone can even try and argue that that's anything other than selfish behaviour.

Its Sainsbury's car park. It should be entirely up to them how they regulate its use. If they say for customers only and for a maximum of 2 hours - that's THEIR call to make, not yours. The argument over 'no one lost out' is a daft one. If even one person decided 'awk theres football on - I might not get parked, i'll nip to asda instead' - then that is a loss. Granted, its not going to sink Sainsburys, but i'm not sure why that would make it alright - if I walk in and shoplift a bottle of vodka, that wont sink them either....... that doesn't make it right though.

I don't think I've EVER driven to Tynecastle, even on a 'big' match day, and had to park any further away than the Jenners Depository - which is a 15 minute walk tops.

No. They would be in the wrong though. The 2 hours is given to do your shopping. Then you leave and allow others to use the space.

That would be low level abuse of the system as opposed to people using the space with no intention of using the store who are totally in the wrong and approaching "scummy".

In the grand scheme of things - its clearly not something which is crime of the century, but that doesn't mean its not worthy of debate.

Sadly, we now live in a society where these 'just park where you want and ignore the fines' type posts have become culture.

Maybe i'm just getting old and have old fashioned beliefs, but i'm very much of the thought that if a land owner sets out a set of conditions they wish to be met in order for me to use their facility - i'll either meet those conditions and use their facility, or decide that I don't like the conditions and choose not to use them.

If I decide to use their facility and breach their conditions - Im also of the opinion that any penalty they have declared prior to my use of their facility should be enforceable.

'I'LL PARK WHERE I WANT FOR HOWEVER LONG I WANT AND THROW YOUR TICKET IN THE BIN LOLOLOLOLOLOL' - i'm not sure how anyone can even try and argue that that's anything other than selfish behaviour.

Its Sainsbury's car park. It should be entirely up to them how they regulate its use. If they say for customers only and for a maximum of 2 hours - that's THEIR call to make, not yours. The argument over 'no one lost out' is a daft one. If even one person decided 'awk theres football on - I might not get parked, i'll nip to asda instead' - then that is a loss. Granted, its not going to sink Sainsburys, but i'm not sure why that would make it alright - if I walk in and shoplift a bottle of vodka, that wont sink them either....... that doesn't make it right though.

I don't think I've EVER driven to Tynecastle, even on a 'big' match day, and had to park any further away than the Jenners Depository - which is a 15 minute walk tops.

No it's not, it's completely relevant to the point.

No one lost out so the angry tits who demand vengeance are doing so out of nothing more than a self-righteous, holier than thou stance.

It's great you wouldn't do it, neither would I, but all that means is people have a different view. It's definitely not a sign that Thatcher won or that you're somehow morally superior to someone who parked their car in a free car park.

No. They would be in the wrong though. The 2 hours is given to do your shopping. Then you leave and allow others to use the space.

That would be low level abuse of the system as opposed to people using the space with no intention of using the store who are totally in the wrong and approaching "scummy".

:laugh: Aye right, scum because they don't see it the same way you do.

What if someone nipped out, drove in and out the car park to start their 2 hours all over again?

No it's not, it's completely relevant to the point.

No one lost out so the angry tits who demand vengeance are doing so out of nothing more than a self-righteous, holier than thou stance.

It's great you wouldn't do it, neither would I, but all that means is people have a different view. It's definitely not a sign that Thatcher won or that you're somehow morally superior to someone who parked their car in a free car park.

Firstly - you cannot prove no loss. That's a fact. LIke I say, if so much as one person decided against going shopping because of football traffic in the car park - that is a loss for Sainsburys.

Secondly, I've not demanded any sort of vengeance and would also join in in condoning ever scratching someones car. If you've an issue with someone, take it up with them, not their car.

Thirdly, I've never claimed Thatcher won.

Fourthly - its not a 'free car park' as such. There are conditions which go with it. The use of the car park is only 'free' when those conditions are met.

Dunno why you've decided to try and tar my post using points such as vandalism or thatcher when they have absolutely nothing to do with anything I said or even hinted at.

Firstly - you cannot prove no loss. That's a fact. LIke I say, if so much as one person decided against going shopping because of football traffic in the car park - that is a loss for Sainsburys.

Secondly, I've not demanded any sort of vengeance and would also join in in condoning ever scratching someones car. If you've an issue with someone, take it up with them, not their car.

Thirdly, I've never claimed Thatcher won.

Fourthly - its not a 'free car park' as such. There are conditions which go with it. The use of the car park is only 'free' when those conditions are met.

Dunno why you've decided to try and tar my post using points such as vandalism or thatcher when they have absolutely nothing to do with anything I said or even hinted at.

If you count yourself as an angry tit then you were included, I certainly didn't say that though. It's not me calling people scum while claiming the moral high ground.

The original claim that the Gorgie community had been inconvenienced was from friend Francis, the burden of proof is his. I keep saying it's bollocks, because he can't prove it. And let's face it, technicalities aside, we all know it's bollocks, the Gorgie community slept soundly on Saturday night.

Also the car park IS free. There's no hourly rate, there's no pay desk, there's no income generated from that car park's use. It's free.

*EDIT In case it's not obvious, I'm not saying you called anyone scum btw

Heard from a pretty reliable source that Saturdays display of action by the car parking company came as a result of Sainsbury's management becoming angry at the volume of cars being parked in their car park by folk going to the game. They have been giving the Parking Company stick for their non action over this.

If you count yourself as an angry tit then you were included, I certainly didn't say that though. It's not me calling people scum while claiming the moral high ground.

The original claim that the Gorgie community had been inconvenienced was from friend Francis, the burden of proof is his. I keep saying it's bollocks, because he can't prove it. And let's face it, technicalities aside, we all know it's bollocks, the Gorgie community slept soundly on Saturday night.

Also the car park IS free. There's no hourly rate, there's no pay desk, there's no income generated from that car park's use. It's free.

*EDIT In case it's not obvious, I'm not saying you called anyone scum btw

Like I say, its is 'free' when the conditions laid out regarding its use are met.

Its lazy and its selfish. As I said originally, i'm not sure how anyone could even argue otherwise.

I suspect there is a name for folk who repeatedly flaunt the 'rules' set out in these private parking situations - what that word is, i'm undecided on. Perhaps scum is too strong. Twat is probably a better word.

Like I say, its is 'free' when the conditions laid out regarding its use are met.

Its lazy and its selfish. As I said originally, i'm not sure how anyone could even argue otherwise.

I suspect there is a name for folk who repeatedly flaunt the 'rules' set out in these private parking situations - what that word is, i'm undecided on. Perhaps scum is too strong. Twat is probably a better word.

Fair do's, meanwhile I think is an appropriate term for people who get all self righteous about minor infringements that don't affect them or theirs' one little iota.

Archived