Sainsbury's parking tickets

Sneckiejambo

Bridge of Djoum

Oh, I can afford it.

:verysmug:

People that can afford it, have private parking and driveways, not on street parking, with zonal permits.

You just get away with it, big difference.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not since October 2012 or so. I used to live in an apartment in London (07-15) and the factor messed up with the parking company contract. The street was insane, it was like a big carpark for all sorts that had no business being there. Some arse was even parking limo's there (2 a night). After a fortnight's notice via signage the new company came in and clamped 17 vehicles in a space of around 400 yards. They then came back and started to tow them. We didn't have parking issues again.

I live somewhere else now and it's ridiculous the amount of people that abuse the street and park in stupid places. The parking companies aren't as active now that they can't clamp and tow. The double yellow lines will be welcome when the road gets handed over to the council.

I don't get what the clamping added to the situation. They shouldn't have been there so they got towed away - fine.

Now that clamping's been banned, what's different? Wouldn't the goal of getting rid of those cars have been reached with or without clamping?

(Believe it or not, I'm not following you around disagreeing! Well not deliberately anyway)

People that can afford it, have private parking and driveways, not on street parking, with zonal permits.

You just get away with it, big difference.

u mad bro?

I don't get what the clamping added to the situation. They shouldn't have been there so they got towed away - fine.

Now that clamping's been banned, what's different? Wouldn't the goal of getting rid of those cars have been reached with or without clamping?

(Believe it or not, I'm not following you around disagreeing! Well not deliberately anyway)

It changed a few things. The private parking companies don't charge factors to control the parking. The parking company makes its money from the fines. So to the naked eye nothing's changed then eh?

Except they never used to ticket cars, they would just automatically clamp and the 'ticket' was just an invoice telling them who to call. Pay it in two hours (?60/?70 or so) and the clamp was removed. After two hours the car would be towed and then released for closer to ?200+ daily charges. Quite a big incentive not to park like a prick and guaranteed money for the parking company.

So now the car just gets a ticket/invoice. No clamp, and the driver can just drive home. I'd imagine like in Scotland that many won't pay, certainly not without being chased and threatened. This means much less revenue. This is noticeable with the very infrequent visits that they make to the car parks they control. This is probably because they had to lay off loads of staff in 2012 rather than laziness.

The result is that private parking has become a free for all for ***** as there's no real way to control it anymore.

Don't worry, I know you're not trolling me. And I really don't mind, reasoned discussion is always welcome.

It changed a few things. The private parking companies don't charge factors to control the parking. The parking company makes its money from the fines. So to the naked eye nothing's changed then eh?

Except they never used to ticket cars, they would just automatically clamp and the 'ticket' was just an invoice telling them who to call. Pay it in two hours (?60/?70 or so) and the clamp was removed. After two hours the car would be towed and then released for closer to ?200+ daily charges. Quite a big incentive not to park like a prick and guaranteed money for the parking company.

So now the car just gets a ticket/invoice. No clamp, and the driver can just drive home. I'd imagine like in Scotland that many won't pay, certainly not without being chased and threatened. This means much less revenue. This is noticeable with the very infrequent visits that they make to the car parks they control. This is probably because they had to lay off loads of staff in 2012 rather than laziness.

The result is that private parking has become a free for all for ***** as there's no real way to control it anymore.

Don't worry, I know you're not trolling me. And I really don't mind, reasoned discussion is always welcome.

Good, cheers for clarifying :thumbsup:

By The Light..

The council really need to adjust the traffic lights at sainsbos, especially at 5pm on Sats, sometimes i have to sit their for 10 minutes. Had a ticket once 3 or 4 years ago, ignored it, same at wickes.

...a bit disco

Got ticketed a couple of weeks ago at the new builds at Westfield even though I was displaying a permit and their signage was inadequate.

They can ram it as far as I'm concerned.

Francis Albert

The council really need to adjust the traffic lights at sainsbos, especially at 5pm on Sats, sometimes i have to sit their for 10 minutes. Had a ticket once 3 or 4 years ago, ignored it, same at wickes.

Wait a minute. People have repeatedly said no-one is inconvenienced by football fans stealing parking spaces in Sainsbury's.

Wait a minute. People have repeatedly said no-one is inconvenienced by football fans stealing parking spaces in Sainsbury's.

I said no one was inconvenienced by that one guy, I don't remember anyone repeatedly saying no-one is inconvenienced by football fans stealing parking spaces in Sainsbury's.

Got any quotes?

O well no problems this week home game v Caley, and plenty parking for Hearts fans at The Tulloch Stadium, have a safe journey guys and just think we do this every 2 weeks. Happiness is being a Jambo. HHGH

Walter Payton

Yep- there's 3 sets of lights in close vicinity of each other if you're going from the roundabout at Saughton to the approach road (4 if you count the ones just after the roundabout). Even at times when the traffic's pretty light, you can get caught by 2 or 3 different red lights- doesn't make much sense. Going in the opposite direction, the lights outside Sainsbury's also seem to go through 2 green stages for the pedestrians before the traffic's allowed to go. Surely that's not right?

Francis Albert

I said no one was inconvenienced by that one guy, I don't remember anyone repeatedly saying no-one is inconvenienced by football fans stealing parking spaces in Sainsbury's.

Got any quotes?

Posts # 46,56,70,42,147,150,153.

May have missed some but I think that's enough for "repeatedly".

#46 I was saying no one was inconvenienced by that one guy

#56 same

#70 yep

etc

I certainly haven't "repeatedly said no-one is inconvenienced by football fans stealing parking spaces in Sainsbury's"

Francis Albert

#46 I was saying no one was inconvenienced by that one guy

#56 same

#70 yep

etc

I certainly haven't "repeatedly said no-one is inconvenienced by football fans stealing parking spaces in Sainsbury's"

Of course no-one is inconvenienced by that "one guy"!

Still we have the solution.

Now just a matter of selecting the one guy.

Of course no-one is inconvenienced by that "one guy"!

Still we have the solution.

Now just a matter of selecting the one guy.

You said;

People have repeatedly said no-one is inconvenienced by football fans stealing parking spaces in Sainsbury's.

I'm just saying you're wrong.

People haven't repeatedly said that. I certainly haven't, and you know fine the difference between what's actually been said and how you're representing it.

Currently been sitting in the car outside O'Towers to make sure a parking warden wouldn't ticket me in permit bay as I got back 15mins earlier than the cut-off time today.

Bitter sweet free parking. :jj:

The Real Maroonblood

Currently been sitting in the car outside O'Towers to make sure a parking warden wouldn't ticket me in permit bay as I got back 15mins earlier than the cut-off time today.

Bitter sweet free parking. :jj:

That's absolutely amazing.

Archived