Sainsbury's parking tickets

Sneckiejambo

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair do's, meanwhile I think ###### is an appropriate term for people who get all self righteous about minor infringements that don't affect them or theirs' one little iota.

Not sure what your sweary was there - but as someone who lives in a flat with limited parking spaces which are monitored by such a scheme and flaunted by many who aren't entitled to park there knowing that 'THEY CANT DO ME - I'LL JUST BIN IT LOLOLOLOL' to the point where I cant get a space myself on occasions........ it DOES affect me. I pay for the upkeep of the car park as part of the monthly factoring costs, i'm entitled to a space as part of the sale of my flat.......

Not sure what your sweary was there - but as someone who lives in a flat with limited parking spaces which are monitored by such a scheme and flaunted by many who aren't entitled to park there knowing that 'THEY CANT DO ME - I'LL JUST BIN IT LOLOLOLOL' to the point where I cant get a space myself on occasions........ it DOES affect me. I pay for the upkeep of the car park as part of the monthly factoring costs, i'm entitled to a space as part of the sale of my flat.......

Entirely different situation, of course as it does affect you. I'd call them twats myself

Fair do's, meanwhile I think ###### is an appropriate term for people who get all self righteous about minor infringements that don't affect them or theirs' one little iota.

You ok? You seem really upset.

Sorry if this has been posted before, what's the crack with this, there was 4 guys going round Sainsburys car park today with there pads taking photos of number plates, we got a ?60 ticket for staying more than 2 hours.

1 guy tells me that if it's a print out from a ANPR machine that's a maximum time car park and could be legit.

Another chap tells me that only council ones and NOT private ones count.

I would rather pay the ?30 in the next 2 weeks rather than paying whatever 2 months down the line, Cheers for any help in this and sorry if it's been posted before.

Had one o they tics at the car park , Scotmid, Dalry road, picture of car, had spent 15 mins over the 2 hours

in an empty car park.

Tried to phone them to kick up a fuss, but only number they had was for payment.

Ended up ignoring it, never heard a thing, was about 4 years ago.

Desperately scummy? :rofl:

How sad and pathetic are you ffs

He's not at all.

I'm in the same situation, a parking space in the courtyard of flats. Quite often I'll get home and every space is taken. I have to sit in the car to wait on one these people to come back until I can get back into MY space.

I missed a train recently because I was waiting on some Ahole.

He's not at all.

I'm in the same situation, a parking space in the courtyard of flats. Quite often I'll get home and every space is taken. I have to sit in the car to wait on one these people to come back until I can get back into MY space.

Ahole yes. Desperately scummy though? Rapists, murderers and people traffickers are scum, people who park inappropriately are not

:laugh: Aye right, scum because they don't see it the same way you do.

Didn't say they were scum. You're focusing on the word because you cannot argue your point well enough.

If you are not using the car park to use the shop and therefore take longer than two hours you are in the wrong...

If you go in then out you would avoid the fine I think Homme.

Didn't say they were scum. You're focusing on the word because you cannot argue your point well enough.

If you are not using the car park to use the shop and therefore take longer than two hours you are in the wrong...

If you go in then out you would avoid the fine I think Homme.

I think I've been pretty clear actually. If anyone can't understand what I've been saying, I'd suggest possible comprehension issues.

Allow me to amend my post to satisfy your nit picking though, I aim to please;

:laugh: Aye right, approaching "scummy" because they don't see it the same way you do.

Bridge of Djoum

Would someone be scum if they did their weekly shop, popped into the dry cleaners and then had a bite to eat in the caf? which took them over the two hour threshold?

Scum, and deserves to be keyed.

Probably a Hibby too.

Where the contract contains a "penalty" rather than a charge the contract is unenforceable. Where a fraud (use of words such as fine, penalty or misrepresentation) is committed a private parking contract is also unenforceable. Both of these have been tested in courts many times. We can go into detail if you want but its the general principles that are important for those reading this thread - they just want to know if they will get away with it or not - I suspect no ones really interested in the remedies available to them / the law

If anyone is really into it, they can go on PePiPoo to read the case studies and discuss with lawyers to their hearts content.

You need to go and read what uneforceable means in terms of contract law. It does not mean the same as invalid and you seem to be using the two terms as interchangeable. A misrepresentation in a contract can make any contract invalid.

Misusing the terminology and the term "uneforceable" to mean what you think it means as opposed what it actually means is unhelpful to those that just "want to know whether they will get away with it" because it may lead to some people replying to the company confirming that they were the driver and that they were aware of the signs but there's nothing the parking company can do because they are "unenforceable" when this is wrong. They are treated the same as any other contract in court if they are deemed as a valid contract they are enforceable. The fact that it is very hard to prove for them that they entered in to a valid contract with a particular individual does not change that or mean they are not enforceable if the person has provided them with the evidence to assist in proving they were the driver of the vehicle.

Like I say, its is 'free' when the conditions laid out regarding its use are met.

Its lazy and its selfish. As I said originally, i'm not sure how anyone could even argue otherwise.

I suspect there is a name for folk who repeatedly flaunt the 'rules' set out in these private parking situations - what that word is, i'm undecided on. Perhaps scum is too strong. Twat is probably a better word.

I forgot to address this point. There's a ferry that goes from the back of Centraal station in amsterdam across the river Ij, backwards and forwards all day.

It costs nothing to use, there's no cashier, no tickets, no mechanism for charging. But if you break the rules, for example by smoking, you can be fined.

That's a free ferry though, right? You don't get charged for using it, that's not why it's there.

(I'm not saying this makes any difference to the debate as a whole, but I do disagree if you say it isn't a free car park)

Francis Albert

Thanks to the few who understood what i was getting at. Not really about sainsbury's parking and certainly not about sainsbury's revenue. It's about an attitude that says causing others inconvenience is fine a long as its convenient for you. I mentioned another example - bus stops. Instead of the civilised queue i grew up with we now have mobs where someone just arriving when the bus does has as much chance (actually with right level of selfishness more) than someone who has been waiting 20 minutes of getting on an overcrowded bus. I said thatcher has won because the "every man for himself" and "it's ok if you can get away with it" and "there is no such thing as society" philosophy rules. Of course we all do anti-social things but some of us would not be offended when it was pointed out to us.

Thanks to the few who understood what i was getting at. Not really about sainsbury's parking and certainly not about sainsbury's revenue. It's about an attitude that says causing others inconvenience is fine a long as its convenient for you. I mentioned another example - bus stops. Instead of the civilised queue i grew up with we now have mobs where someone just arriving when the bus does has as much chance (actually with right level of selfishness more) than someone who has been waiting 20 minutes of getting on an overcrowded bus. I said thatcher has won because the "every man for himself" and "it's ok if you can get away with it" and "there is no such thing as society" philosophy rules. Of course we all do anti-social things but some of us would not be offended when it was pointed out to us.

well said

Car parking in spaces which are supposed to be used for those in the flats concerned is simply bad manners and deserves a fine. (flat owners are paying or have paid for that right to a space)

People walking over/cutting across the gardens of a block of flats just to try and save 20 yards walking is again bad manners and laziness or letting their dogs foul the grass

Dumping an old mattress at places where there are communal bins when they can simply make an arrangement for a free pick up or take it to a tip is bad manners and laziness...same with those who dump fridges or old cookers in the street.

Too many are simply lazy in mind and body thinking only of their own convenience and what's worse when this is pointed out to them dare to take offence.

I think this is getting a wee bit out of hand.

Did we murder someone. No we parked in a car park.

Did we park outside someone's house or flat. No we parked in a car park.

Did we throw mattresses or fridges down a bank. No we parked in a car park.

Are we scum or twats. No and neither is the guy that hands out the tickets.

Do we deserve the car tyres let down or car scratched. No shocking statement that.

Thank you for ALL posts they have been taken on board.

We will not be back at Sainsbury's again. HHGH

Do we deserve the car tyres let down or car scratched. No shocking statement that.

Perspective left the building long ago buddy!

I think i've cracked it as to why people are buggering off with 10/15 mins to go..they're jogging down to Sainsburys to miss the 2hr limit.

Or has someone mentioned this already ?

Still scum though mate. Pretty much a rapist.

He's not at all.

And do you confront these scummy people for parking in YOUR space, or just vent on here?

And do you confront these scummy people for parking in YOUR space, or just vent on here?

Yes I do, although the description 'scummy' isn't mine. Thoughtless, lazy and with a misplaced sense of entitlement I'd say.

A couple of days after one incident I noticed damage to my car. Can't prove anything, but I have my suspicions

(Previous poster is bang on about bus queues in Edinburgh too)

Yes I do, although the description 'scummy' isn't mine. Thoughtless, lazy and with a misplaced sense of entitlement I'd say.

A couple of days after one incident I noticed damage to my car. Can't prove anything, but I have my suspicions

(Previous poster is bang on about bus queues in Edinburgh too)

See you guys that are complaining about this - have you ever lived abroad?

As far as I can tell, only Britain is obsessed by orderly queues - free for all is a good description for where I live, yet crime rates are lower than in the uk.

I don't think it's really evidence of the decline and fall of western civilisation myself!

When the new gymn opens shortly at Sainsbury's it will be very difficult to even try to enforce any parking restrictions as it will be 24 hour opening and not subject to 2 hour visits.

The Real Maroonblood

As far as I can tell, only Britain is obsessed by orderly queues - free for all is a good description for where I live, yet crime rates are lower than in the uk.

I don't think it's really evidence of the decline and fall of western civilisation myself!

Free for all sounds great.

Good manners are for whimps.

Never lived abroad, but whenever I have been on a city break, I have noticed queuing simply does not happen, certainly when it comes to train, bus or tram stops.

...a bit disco

Pretty much this.

When I was working in Spain I spent the first couple of days in a state of rage (shaking) at their bus stop free-for-all antics.

Little Britain right enough.

I live quite near a major supermarket.

My street is zonal parking permit only for periods of the day mon-fri.

I have never bought a permit in my life. If I finish work early, I park at the supermarket and move it to my front door later in the day. Free parking at weekends on street.

I don't shop at that supermarket.

:pleasing: :winning:

I live quite near a major supermarket.

My street is zonal parking permit only for periods of the day mon-fri.

I have never bought a permit in my life. If I finish work early, I park at the supermarket and move it to my front door later in the day. Free parking at weekends on street.

I don't shop at that supermarket.

:pleasing: :winning:

Not really impressed, if you cannot afford to pay to live in the centre of a town, but see it as being clever not to, away and live in Livingston, naebody pays for parking there.

Not really impressed, if you cannot afford to pay to live in the centre of a town, but see it as being clever not to, away and live in Livingston, naebody pays for parking there.

Oh, I can afford it.

:verysmug:

Oh, I can afford it.

Living in a street with zonal parking only from Monday to Friday sounds distinctly scaffy.

Living in a street with zonal parking only from Monday to Friday sounds distinctly scaffy.

If most of Edinburgh is scaffy, so be it. Still don't pay for parking.

Or my TV licence.

If most of Edinburgh is scaffy, so be it. Still don't pay for parking.

Or my TV licence.

You need to get your arse over to the 'Finding Money' thread and help me fight my corner :lol:

Matalan up at slateford road has shut down plenty parking there.

Maybe best to ignore this. They appear to be in the proceas of building a large fence around it.

Way to go kickback.  Four pages of car-parking fun.  I normally park in Chesser.  I take care not to block anyone's driveway.  I also car share, so only drive every other home game.  Am I doing fine?

And, do snakes cast shadows?

You need to get your arse over to the 'Finding Money' thread and help me fight my corner :lol:

No way, you cretin. :jj:

Way to go kickback.  Four pages of car-parking fun.  I normally park in Chesser.  I take care not to block anyone's driveway.  I also car share, so only drive every other home game.  Am I doing fine?

And, do snakes cast shadows?

Cast no Snakes :lol:

Solid point :thumb:

Francis Albert

For those who think ony the British are obsessed by queuing (really??) I passed a bus queue outside Grand Central in the rush hour last night. About 30 people stood in an orderly queue at the side of the road, leaving space for pedestrians to pass easily. A refreshing sight. Who would have thought New Yorkers could be more considerate than most people elsewhere?

Queuing is not an obsession. It's a simple courtesy and consideration for others.

For those who think ony the British are obsessed by queuing (really??) I passed a bus queue outside Grand Central in the rush hour last night. About 30 people stood in an orderly queue at the side of the road, leaving space for pedestrians to pass easily. A refreshing sight. Who would have thought New Yorkers could be more considerate than most people elsewhere?

Queuing is not an obsession. It's a simple courtesy and consideration for others.

I agree. It is one that not all seem to adopt though.

The Real Maroonblood

You are right.

Unfortunately some people have been brought up properly others just dragged up.

Some of the posts prove this.

Bet some of you clowns(mutley etc) would like to see clamping in Scotland .

It was a terrible move banning clamping on private land in England. I'd have it back in a heartbeat. If you don't park like a ***** it was an irrelevance.

...a bit disco

It was a terrible move banning clamping on private land in England. I'd have it back in a heartbeat. If you don't park like a ***** it was an irrelevance.

Saw a boy getting clamped at the Sighthill Centre a few years back.

The clampers barely escaped with their lives when the entire cast of villains from the Dodger came out to see what was going on.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

So you can't be clamped on private land in England?

Interesting.

The Real Maroonblood

Saw a boy getting clamped at the Sighthill Centre a few years back.

The clampers barely escaped with their lives when the entire cast of villains from the Dodger came out to see what was going on.

Is that pub still there?

So you can't be clamped on private land in England?

Interesting.

Not since October 2012 or so. I used to live in an apartment in London (07-15) and the factor messed up with the parking company contract. The street was insane, it was like a big carpark for all sorts that had no business being there. Some arse was even parking limo's there (2 a night). After a fortnight's notice via signage the new company came in and clamped 17 vehicles in a space of around 400 yards. They then came back and started to tow them. We didn't have parking issues again.

I live somewhere else now and it's ridiculous the amount of people that abuse the street and park in stupid places. The parking companies aren't as active now that they can't clamp and tow. The double yellow lines will be welcome when the road gets handed over to the council.

...a bit disco

Is that pub still there?

Apparently so.

Never been near the place in years.

Archived