Scotland's Game

Maroon Sailor

Thanks.

Care to elaborate it is that it?

It was your labelling of anyone who was/is anti Pressley was a moron. That's 100% not the case, and you probably know it.

Re the chest thump. You say it wasn't aimed at us Hearts fans. And I tend to agree with you. But it was a telling insight into Elvis nonetheless. He knew the derision it would cause, he knew it would be unpopular, he knew it could potentially fracture a great relationship he had with the Hearts support...but he didn't give a ****.

Pressleys need to GIRU Vlad that day was far stronger than his respect for the Hearts fans. He KNEW coming back in a Sellick tap and thumping his chest would be an antagonistic thing to do, and yet he done it. He chose to do that. He made a conscious decision to gesture in a way that would upset Hearts fans. That says a lot to me.

And before someone cries 'diddums', I didn't particularly upset me at the time. I just thought "what a massive you are mate".

Anyway, there's my tuppenceworth. Your insinuation that anyone anti Elvis is a moron is wrong.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

What is that Hibs ***** raving on about?

Maybe he should take a look in the ****ing mirror, spending thousands to stay in the Championship

You think that all the Hearts fans insulted that day by Pressley's pathetic antics had all "crawled out the woodwork" just because we were playing Celtic?? :conf11:

Glad you found it all a "laugh" - very strange sense of humour there, but each to there own.

strange sense of humour i'll take, way better than being so fragile and delusional as to think pressley was pointing at me amongst 16k people despite what happened between him and romanov and the fact he was aiming at the directors box, that really makes me laugh, oh precious one.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It was your labelling of anyone who was/is anti Pressley was a moron. That's 100% not the case, and you probably know it.

Re the chest thump. You say it wasn't aimed at us Hearts fans. And I tend to agree with you. But it was a telling insight into Elvis nonetheless. He knew the derision it would cause, he knew it would be unpopular, he knew it could potentially fracture a great relationship he had with the Hearts support...but he didn't give a ****.

Pressleys need to GIRU Vlad that day was far stronger than his respect for the Hearts fans. He KNEW coming back in a Sellick tap and thumping his chest would be an antagonistic thing to do, and yet he done it. He chose to do that. He made a conscious decision to gesture in a way that would upset Hearts fans. That says a lot to me.

And before someone cries 'diddums', I didn't particularly upset me at the time. I just thought "what a massive ###### you are mate".

Anyway, there's my tuppenceworth. Your insinuation that anyone anti Elvis is a moron is wrong.

Well assesed. Because Steven loves Steven dearly

Placid Casual

I actually felt sorry for chris Robinson at the agm. The personal abuse was shocking.

Don't feel too sorry for him ? he was an arrogant *****.

Also, he himself called our fans parasites (if I remember correctly).

strange sense of humour i'll take, way better than being so fragile and delusional as to think pressley was pointing at me amongst 16k people despite what happened between him and romanov and the fact he was aiming at the directors box, that really makes me laugh, oh precious one.

"oh precious one"

:qqb006:

Have a look at Sifter's post on #455.  Even if you go with the opinion that Pressley's antics were not aimed at Hearts fans, it confirms what an absolute dick he was that day.

I actually felt sorry for chris Robinson at the agm. The personal abuse was shocking.

In any dealings I had with him I found him to be a nasty shifty type.

And before someone cries 'diddums', I didn't particularly upset me at the time. I just thought "what a massive ###### you are mate".

Firstly I didn't state every person anti SP is moronic. But it's readily evident that a pro VR anti SP correlation exists within our support and on JKB.

I base my assessment of SP on how he was as a player and a captain of HMFC. I'm of the view he was excellent in both capacities.

I would suggest there are few employees better placed to assess the VR era (it's earliest days at least) than SP given his role as club captain.

Such views aren't popular with the VR lovers on here.

Did he overcharge you a pound for 6 rolls and 3 pies at Wheatsheaf Catering?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Firstly I didn't state every person anti SP is moronic. But it's readily evident that a pro VR anti SP correlation exists within our support and on JKB.

I base my assessment of SP on how he was as a player and a captain of HMFC. I'm of the view he was excellent in both capacities.

I would suggest there are few employees better placed to assess the VR era (it's earliest days at least) than SP given his role as club captain.

The best person to assess the Vlad era is David Southern. I always said he should write a book on the Vlad era.

The problem is the confrontational language you used in your post.

I am no VR lover - I still think Pressley was an absolute dick that day, and it totally soured my opinion of him - many non VR loving Hearts fans feel the same!

scott herbertson

Odd

I always thought he did that chest thump whenever something good happened for the team he was player for - can't be bothered to trawl back through youtube but I was under the misapprehension, it seems that it was his normal way of celebrating.

scott herbertson

Odd

I always thought he did that chest thump whenever something good happened for the team he was playing for - can't be bothered to trawl back through youtube but I was under the misapprehension, it seems, that it was his normal way of celebrating.

Did he overcharge you a pound for 6 rolls and 3 pies at Wheatsheaf Catering?

No various dealings I had with him when my Company had a table in the old Willie Bauld restaurant.

Odd

I always thought he did that chest thump whenever something good happened for the team he was player for - can't be bothered to trawl back through youtube but I was under the misapprehension, it seems that it was his normal way of celebrating.

Without getting into another massive Pressley thread, you should be well aware that his childish antics that day were just not isolated to a chest thump - but then I think you already know that eh.

Fitzroy Pointon

Met him at the open day in 1996, he asked my name and then addressed my dad; "mmhmm, and has he got his season ticket for next year dad?".  Fat, arrogant w**k. 

The best person to assess the Vlad era is David Southern. I always said he should write a book on the Vlad era.

With help from Charlie Mann.

scott herbertson

Without getting into another massive Pressley thread, you should be well aware that his childish antics that day were just not isolated to a chest thump - but then I think you already know that eh.

I do - and didn't like the pointy thing - the chest thump I just thought was what he always did and doesn't bother me as a result. Mr Sifter was implying that was aimed at the Hearts fans and I was disagreeing with him.

edit reread Mr sifter's posts and he didn't say aimed at Hearts fans, but said SP knew what reaction it would cause. i would disagree. However the Pressley thing is not worth going over again.

Agree with this, seen every little detail you'd think, would give decent account of the whole thing. Such a rollercoaster.

I know. Silly me. In the annals of hearts history he's not one who will be remembered fondly.

It's almost admirable tbh. I pride myself on being able to show a bit of empathy the majority of the time, but I wish that man nothing but misery. A wee bit of verbal abuse for taking steps to kill off the club? Not even going to get a second thought from me.

SectionDJambo

My recollection of Steven Pressley that day is that he was in front of, and facing, the Celtic fans when he thumped his chest. He was not facing the area of the main stand where any of Romanov's lot would have been.

It was a clear attempt, in my view, solely to try to gain favour with a support who had complete contempt for him, due him previously playing for Rangers and Hearts, and, in their eyes, not condemning, or reacting to, the tackle that ended John Kennedy's career, whilst he partnered him in defence, for Scotland.

He cared not one bit about the Hearts fans in the stadium who had idolised him as our captain.

Strachan was a sneaky wee trouble maker as well, by making him Celtic captain for the day.

A great pity all round. None of the people involved, including Pressley, came out of it looking good.

I have exact the same amount of hatred for CPR as I do VR.

Both absolute ***** who treated the club, its employees and the supporters disgracefully towards the end of their respective reigns and showed no absolutely remorse for the extraordinarily bad decisions that put the club on the brink of disastrous times. The lies told by both men was unforgivable.

If VR lived in Barnton he would have received the same treatment as CPR.

I have exact the same amount of hatred for CPR as I do VR.

Both absolute ***** who treated the club, its employees and the supporters disgracefully towards the end of their respective reigns and showed no absolutely remorse for the extraordinarily bad decisions that put the club on the brink of disastrous times. The lies told by both men was unforgivable.

If VR lived in Barnton he would have received the same treatment as CPR.

This and your earlier post about there effectively not being much difference in between pieman and vr in where they left us are spot on DH..

The fact is that Nae Nookie and his mates on hibs.net haven't taken the time to adequately look at all the propositions and decisions that have been made with regard to future fan ownership and in the immediate, the new stand.

Otherwise, they wouldn't come out with fantasist bullshit like that.

He's chosen to paint an inaccurate picture of what's going on at Hearts because it's uncomfortable for him to accept the truth.

You have to remember that it's only a number of months since they believed the place was going down the tubes and that Tynecastle would be a housing scheme.

It must really pain them to accept the facts.

:pleasing:

Carl Fredrickson

Don't feel too sorry for him ? he was an arrogant *****.

Also, he himself called our fans parasites (if I remember correctly).

I agree with this. IIRC it was a youth cup game at Tynie. All season anyone with a season ticket got in to reserve & youth games for free but this changed for a youth cup game. It may be that it was required to share the gate with the away team but when fans confronted him about it, he called them parasites.

When he took over with Deans, I mind the early days he would wander round the Wheatfield and Roseburn (before the Gorgie was built), shaking hands, singing autographs etc. That didnt last long. 

I do not think I have ever disliked anyone connected with Hearts so much in my whole life. His mismanagement of us not only left us nearly selling Tynie but also prevented us from owning our own academy at Riccarton. IIRC (FF will no doubt correct me), a large portion of the SMG money (mind that?) was to be ring fenced to build the academy but Robinson spunked that away to.

I am shaking with rage just thinking about him! 

Footballfirst

I agree with this. IIRC it was a youth cup game at Tynie. All season anyone with a season ticket got in to reserve & youth games for free but this changed for a youth cup game. It may be that it was required to share the gate with the away team but when fans confronted him about it, he called them parasites.

When he took over with Deans, I mind the early days he would wander round the Wheatfield and Roseburn (before the Gorgie was built), shaking hands, singing autographs etc. That didnt last long. 

I do not think I have ever disliked anyone connected with Hearts so much in my whole life. His mismanagement of us not only left us nearly selling Tynie but also prevented us from owning our own academy at Riccarton. IIRC (FF will no doubt correct me), a large portion of the SMG money (mind that?) was to be ring fenced to build the academy but Robinson spunked that away to.

From a BBC article of the day:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/439517.stm

The Scottish Media Group has confirmed it is buying a 20% stake in Scottish Premier League football club Heart of Midlothian for ?8m.

SMG aims to raise Hearts' media profile and increase revenues from merchandising and other brand-related areas.

The deal is similar to recent ones in England which have seen Granada buy a stake in Liverpool and BskyB purchase a shares of Leeds United.

Hearts Chief Executive Chris Robinson told BBC Scotland: "There's certainly going to be investment particularly in the playing squad.

"We're going to look to build a first-class youth academy and we will put some money into continuing to develop the stadium.

"It's an investment in the club by a strong partner who we believe is the right partner for Hearts Football Club in the medium term."

I was sitting behind the directors box at our first euro game and the pieman was in there, sitting himself!

Re Romanov, he bought us with ?20m of debt and effectively sold us for ?3 or ?4m. Ukio seemed fairly easy to deal with in those negotiations. We had some great times during his tenure, especially 2005/06. We have written off pretty much most of our debt. We're still at tynie. He stood up to the sfa, the old firm and Scottish football in general so I'm in the "he was good for us" camp. Mad as a box of frogs but so what

In relation to your latter points - SMG monies and Academy, one of the biggest problems CPR had was controlling JJ.

Ultimately he couldn't. JJ isn't blameless in what went on during that period either. It's frankly a disgrace that CPR allowed JJ to bully him but he did

tartofmidlothian

Funniest interview last night was with George Burley. He commented on how Ibrahim Tall arrived to train with the squad on trial, but Burley didn't think he was good enough. A few days later Vlad signs him for Hearts and he turns up for photos with Burley who had no idea what was going on.

Was preposterous at the time and even more so looking back.

That one stood out for me. That was new info, I think.

tartofmidlothian

Burley was wrong then - Tall finally got the opportunity to prove that he WAS good enough!

He was decent. We would probably sign him now, to be fair.

I might be wrong here, but I get the impression that Spencer isn't too keen on our Vlad?

I won't be starting the campaign for a Vlad statue if that's what you mean.

He's an absolute parasite

Hows he getting away with that?Everyone else paying their way.No having a go at you mate just asking.

Some shite about all ex directors get in for nout.

As an ex Chairman, Robinson is entitled to free entry and access to the directors lounge. 

While he still accesses the directors box (I believe) he pays for a season ticket.

Where I have a (many) problem with him is he tried to ban Mercer, an ex chairman, but still uses the privilege himself.

Maroon Sailor

As an ex Chairman, Robinson is entitled to free entry and access to the directors lounge. 

While he still accesses the directors box (I believe) he pays for a season ticket.

Where I have a (many) problem with him is he tried to ban Mercer, an ex chairman, but still uses the privilege himself.

A hypocrite and a parasite

Still not sure what side of the fence your on. Need to see evidence of some hat kicking to be totally convinced.

Francis Albert

The fact is that Nae Nookie and his mates on hibs.net haven't taken the time to adequately look at all the propositions and decisions that have been made with regard to future fan ownership and in the immediate, the new stand.

Otherwise, they wouldn't come out with fantasist bullshit like that.

He's chosen to paint an inaccurate picture of what's going on at Hearts because it's uncomfortable for him to accept the truth.

You have to remember that it's only a number of months since they believed the place was going down the tubes and that Tynecastle would be a housing scheme.

It must really pain them to accept the facts.

:pleasing:

Apart from the future they also show little knowledge of the past and present. Hearts fans don't own a single share or a lightbulb? As a result of the November 2012 share offering over 4000 Hearts fans own in aggregate about 5% of the club (IIRC) - a decent number of lightbulbs. That was achieved by raising ?1m in about a month - I wonder how Hibs fans share purchases compare in money and rate of sale terms.

Of course at the time ?1m seemed a ludicrous price for 5%, but it was about keeping the club going to the end of that season, eventually allowing time for administration rather than a winding up and for the FoH and Budge to take us out of administration.

But I suspect that on paper and in theory (if the club was ever up for sale) in a few years the value of 5% will not be that far off ?1m.

Francis Albert

A parasite feeds off its host. During the greater part of the Vlad era it was Hearts who fed off Vlad, to the tune of tens of millions of pounds (however misspent a lot of it).

Whatever Vlad  was he was not a parasite, at least not in relation to HMFC..

Who was the Kickbackers giving it the lightbulb chat again? More importantly, has the sad wee Hibby mess been launched yet? :)

Archived