Scottish Clubs In Europe Thread

Bauld

Sorry if it annoys folk but I'm getting a bit pissed of with mr know all,Michael Stewart.Got the audacity to criticise Graig Gordon

He isn't immune from criticism. From what I've read it was deserved.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Gordon **** up?

He's not exactly the keeper he was 6-7 years ago. I've seen him make some really poor decisions with celtic.

I didn't think so mate defence was shite and he made a great save to stop them going 2 down

I didn't think so mate defence was shite and he made a great save to stop them going 2 down

Defender was ball watching but Craig came out like Superman for a ball he was never going to get.

Nothing new here. Roberts & Griffiths are the dangermen, Ambrose is a bombscare and Celtic are vulnerable to set pieces.

Pretty much the same as last season.

Henderson is a better player than McGregor imo - I would ask why his face doesnt fit but that would be insensitive

Mask_1985-468.jpg

Defender was ball watching but Craig came out like Superman for a ball he was never going to get.

Nothing new here. Roberts & Griffiths are the dangermen, Ambrose is a bombscare and Celtic are vulnerable to set pieces.

Pretty much the same as last season.

Pretty fair summation so far though Celtic do have an injury crisis at centre back at present

Roberts looks a player of great potential, Dembele needs to step up but it is still very early in the season.

Celtic would be happy with 1-0 before the next leg based on the opening 55 minutes

Every season Celtic seem to want to get to the group stages before they spend money on players when there are times they need to spend first in order to qualify for those group stages.

I thought with the new manager that might change but so far the pattern is repeating itself.

We_are_the_Hearts

Pretty fair summation so far though Celtic do have an injury crisis at centre back at present

Roberts looks a player of great potential, Dembele needs to step up but it is still very early in the season.

Celtic would be happy with 1-0 before the next leg based on the opening 55 minutes

Every season Celtic seem to want to get to the group stages before they spend money on players when there are times they need to spend first in order to qualify for those group stages.

I thought with the new manager that might change but so far the pattern is repeating itself.

Folk were raving about Dembele on here and saying he would easily be the best player in Scotland and was an unreal signing. I have watched them a few times and would rather have Griffiths

Folk were raving about Dembele on here and saying he would easily be the best player in Scotland and was an unreal signing. I have watched them a few times and would rather have Griffiths

Neither of them have done anything in this match although I'd expect both to feature more prominently at Parkhead.

Griffiths just scored.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

1-1. Good result tbf.

Scotland's had enough embarrassment already this summer. :lol:

That was a real chance to restore Astana's lead

Brown booked and no shock involved in a pushing and shoving match

1-1 full time

The Internet

Aye? Wonder if he'll do something good in this game then.

Only watched the first half but he looked a class above everyone else though his final ball was just lacking. Got a feeling he will give Rherras an absolute beasting next week.

Only watched the first half but he looked a class above everyone else though his final ball was just lacking. Got a feeling he will give Rherras an absolute beasting next week.

Roberts set up the winner for Griffiths by refusing to give up on a ball the defender was trying to shepherd out. Jose Goncalves has nothing to worry about.

Well done Rogers and Celtic

seems they got away with it

but early games are tough so you need a bit of good fortune

Goes without saying unfortunately.

Astana 'release' video of Griffiths 'punch'...........I wonder why, it couldn't be they are looking to get him banned from the second leg.......could it ?

Heartsmad1874

Not Scottish club related but West Ham have just gone one nil down to Domzale

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Heartsmad1874

2 penalties already in the West Ham game, West Ham make it 1-1 through Noble.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Krosnador 1 up against Birkirkara :)

72 minutes the pub team holding their own against a decent European outfit

2 0 75 min pen

Krosnador 1 up against Birkirkara :)

2-0 now. Penalty...russian guy just did a panenka! 

2 nil Krasnodar :pleasing:

Was hoping Birkirkara would get through. Having been in their supporters club a couple of weeks ago, they were brilliant with us Hearts fans. 

I do hope Prince was watching ;)

Who is co-commentating on the Sheep game on Radio Scotland? Just said you'd fancy Hayes against any right-back in Europe :D

...a bit disco

The Russians having  no problems with the heat then?

Heartsmad1874

Who is co-commentating on the Sheep game on Radio Scotland? Just said you'd fancy Hayes against any right-back in Europe :D

Has to be Willie Miller guys a tool when it comes to commentating on Aberdeen

Has to be Willie Miller guys a tool when it comes to commentating on Aberdeen

Nah, he is one of them. I think it might be Stewart Duff though...can't quite work out the voice.

Randy Marsh

A solid professional performance by Krasnodar barely getting out of 1st gear.  Looks like they rested a few players as well.  Expect them to demolish that pub team 6 or 7-0 next week.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A solid professional performance by Krasnodar barely getting out of 1st gear. Looks like they rested a few players as well. Expect them to demolish that pub team 6 or 7-0 next week.

At the game?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Funny. Just over half of Hearts fans praying for Birkirkara to give a good account of themselves and just under half of Hearts fans hoping Krasnodar absolutely smash them. :lol:

Funny. Just over half of Hearts fans praying for Birkirkara to give a good account of themselves and just under half of Hearts fans hoping Krasnodar absolutely smash them. :lol:

Fans who were in their supporters club in Malta will probably be wanting them to do well. The Birkirkara fans will remember us fondly, just as we will them. A night never to be forgotten.  :2thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

5857bcb1f8124ea504a9c96092bd65a4.jpg

Robbie getting some scouting work done

Freeloader!!

Hope it works!

portobellojambo1

Fans who were in their supporters club in Malta will probably be wanting them to do well. The Birkirkara fans will remember us fondly, just as we will them. A night never to be forgotten.  :2thumbsup:

They were a decent bunch of guys when over here as well. They ended up in the Merchiston after being refused entry to a pub much nearer to Tynecastle because they were wearing away tops. but in football terms there was only going to be one winner over the two legs of this tie. Somebody above posed a question about the Russians, and clearly not being impacted by the heat in Malta. It is actually warmer in Krasnodar at the moment than it is in Malta, and has been most of this month

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Watching a bit of it via my gambling account mate.

Krasnodar playing with the slippers on aye?

Randy Marsh

Krasnodar playing with the slippers on aye?

They didn't look like they were trying and still thumped them.  You would expect that though.  Krasnodor have a team full of internationals so 3-0 is quite a good score for a pub team like Birkirkara.

Archived