Scottish Clubs In Europe Thread

Bauld

Signed today

On the bench tonight

Came on and scored

Aberdeen must have done something to make sure it was okay

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I came on to exactly ask about this.. The guy signed yesterday and went straight into the squad however we are told that players must be registered before a certain date..

I'm curious how they managed to get away with this.. Is it due to possibly registering him before signing him (how would that work?) or is it because he is young enough not to require registration for European games?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came on to exactly ask about this.. The guy signed yesterday and went straight into the squad however we are told that players must be registered before a certain date..

I'm curious how they managed to get away with this.. Is it due to possibly registering him before signing him (how would that work?) or is it because he is young enough not to require registration for European games?

In the qualifying rounds, clubs are allowed to register one extra player after the deadline, providing it is done before midnight on the day of the match.

Heartsmad1874

If Hibs can turn it round against Brondby they will play either Genk/Buducnost Podgorica,Rapid Vienna,Hertha Berlin,Rijeka,Arouca,Mlada Boleslav. Aberdeen's possible opponents are Lille,Maribor/Levski Sofia,Austria Vienna/Kukesi,Panathinaikos,Maccabi Haifa/Nomme Kaliju,Hajduk Split/CMS Iasi

Heartsmad1874

Looking very tough for Celtic also, Rosenborg (NOR) 12.850 or IFK Norrk?ping (SWE)

Astana (KAZ) 12.575 or ?algiris Vilnius (LTU)

Sheriff (MDA) 10.575 or Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)

Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) 5.875 or Alashkert (ARM)

Tren??n (SVK) 5.400 or Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN)

HeartOfWestLothian

Celtic likely facing Astana FC in the next round who were in the group stages of the champions league last season, managed 4 points through draws at home with Atletico Madrid, Benfica and home and away to Galatasary.

Hard ask for them tbh. It's good for us if they are knocked out at that stage though, too much money available for simply competing in the champions league!

Also I hope they're coming to Tynecastle for the first game of the season on the back of a trip home from Kazakhstan with their heads down!

Heartsmad1874

Looking very tough for the Scottish clubs should we all progress. Celtic v Astana, Aberdeen v Maribor, Hearts v Krasnodar, Hibs v Hertha Berlin

IveSeenTheLight

Celtic likely facing Astana FC in the next round who were in the group stages of the champions league last season, managed 4 points through draws at home with Atletico Madrid, Benfica and home and away to Galatasary.

Hard ask for them tbh. It's good for us if they are knocked out at that stage though, too much money available for simply competing in the champions league!

Also I hope they're coming to Tynecastle for the first game of the season on the back of a trip home from Kazakhstan with their heads down!

The shhit thing is, if Celtic go through against the Imps and are knocked out at the CL 3rd round, they drop into the Europa League Play Off (4th round)

Celtic are effectively going to hold the record for being knocked out of European Competitions.

Especially in the modern era

HeartOfWestLothian

Looking very tough for the Scottish clubs should we all progress. Celtic v Astana, Aberdeen v Maribor, Hearts v Krasnodar, Hibs v Hertha Berlin

I see Levski Sofia drew 0-0 with Maribor away so it may well be them that face Aberdeen. Aberdeen probably have the greatest chance of qualifying out of all the Scottish teams imo. 

The shhit thing is, if Celtic go through against the Imps and are knocked out at the CL 3rd round, they drop into the Europa League Play Off (4th round)

Celtic are effectively going to hold the record for being knocked out of European Competitions.

True. 

Although I wouldn't mind celtic getting into the group stages of the Europa League as there will be more chance of them dropping points in the league with the extra games. 

Maribor or Sofia for the Dons with the first leg being 0-0 and the second leg in Sofia.

'mon the Bulgarians! Winnable game.

IveSeenTheLight

Maribor or Sofia for the Dons with the first leg being 0-0 and the second leg in Sofia.

'mon the Bulgarians! Winnable game.

I agree, would rather get Lefski.

Looking at Maribor's clips against Lefski, they seem very comfortable and composed in an attacking sense.

Would not be confident of going through if it is Maribor.

Hearts have a tough draw against the Russians, would be an exceptional result to beat them, but you never know.

As for Celtic, I do hope they get Astana if they go through.

Long trip to Kazakstan but not as far as we had against Kairat Alamaty.

Only saving grace for them would be they're away forst and then a home game before they play Hearts in the League opener.

add in their recent domestic cup record it's pretty sorry record

20 mins in and still no Celtic equaliser............they had a penalty awarded then the decision was changed to give them a free kick on the edge of the box after the linesperson intervened

Of course it's one way traffic and the  Red Imps goalkeeper has already made a couple of decent saves

Edit...Goal Celtic

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Miko, Zal and Linus Pilibatis all played for Vilnius tonight. They got knocked out in the 90th minute.

As a wee aside noticed Saulius Mikoliunas and big Zal have had their European adventures come to an end this evening playing for VMFD Zalgiris. Pilibitas an unused sub

Always going to happen. Celtic much like us against Infonet were just not ready for a first competitive match but with one game and a weeks training they are up to speed.

Astana will be a step up next week. The side from Kazakhstan have done well in Euope in recent seasons and qualified for the Champions League group stages last season.....drew all 3 of their home matches though were not quite as good away from home. They did draw with Atletico Madrid at home in the group stages.

I think Celtic will need to make a signing or two before then but it is a tie they can win with a bit of strengthening of the side..........but by no means a gimmie.

In the qualifying rounds, clubs are allowed to register one extra player after the deadline, providing it is done before midnight on the day of the match.

so Watt should be ok for Thursday then ??

so Watt should be ok for Thursday then ??

Sadly not

Has to be done by midnight of 1st leg

Guess who.......the flair !!...it's all about the flair !!!

He added: ?Brondby are a typically Scandinavian team. They are big and strong with a good mindset and difficult to break down, but there?s no flair, really, although they are still a very competent side.

?It?s the toughest draw any Scottish teams has been given so far, but we?re ready for whatever they throw at us. I?ll imagine they?ll try to finish things early so we must be tuned in from the start.

?We?re waiting on Fraser Fyvie, he?s touch and go. I have players going into an away tie in Europe for the first time so they have to acclimatise quickly.

?However, they?re confident without being over confident. There?s no arrogance about the bunch. I?m pleased with the character in the team- it?s better than I thought and we?re going to have to show it in the second leg.

?They must prove they want it more than Brondby, which I think they do - and then let their talent take over."

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-promises-8457278#OSCZcshEJQ9Csd1m.99

Guess who.......the flair !!...it's all about the flair !!!

He added: ?Brondby are a typically Scandinavian team. They are big and strong with a good mindset and difficult to break down, but there?s no flair, really, although they are still a very competent side.

?It?s the toughest draw any Scottish teams has been given so far, but we?re ready for whatever they throw at us. I?ll imagine they?ll try to finish things early so we must be tuned in from the start.

?We?re waiting on Fraser Fyvie, he?s touch and go. I have players going into an away tie in Europe for the first time so they have to acclimatise quickly.

?However, they?re confident without being over confident. There?s no arrogance about the bunch. I?m pleased with the character in the team- it?s better than I thought and we?re going to have to show it in the second leg.

?They must prove they want it more than Brondby, which I think they do - and then let their talent take over."

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-promises-8457278#OSCZcshEJQ9Csd1m.99

The manager of a lower league Scottish team :lol:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

That has to be a record for a new Hibs manager playing the flair card. :lol:

HeartOfWestLothian

The Latvian side Aberdeen are facing just missed a penalty. Good save tbf

Watt-Zeefuik

Hibs under pressure already 2 minutes gone still 0_0

From UEFA's site it looks like they're sitting in a 5-3-2 and looking to hit on the break.

alicante jambo

Yes guy called laidlaw.Nearly half time bronby been better team couple chances.Cummings moaning like feck at the ref and linesman.Hubs will be happy with that.Im off to hearts tv lads.Mon the jts.

Hibs take the lead with a nice finish and 27 minutes left.

Also looked like a few of them were trying to get on the pitch !

Bellends.

Hibs game into extra time.

David Gray is a very decent captain, you can see he'll run through brick walls to win and has popped up with some crucial goals. I like Oz but never entirely convinced he's the leader we need.

IveSeenTheLight

The Latvian side Aberdeen are facing just missed a penalty. Good save tbf

It was a great double save, he's starting to settle in well now.

COME ON HEARTS, you can score a couple yet.

Get some good set pieces like last week.

Footballfirst

Celtic losing :pleasing:

Gordon comes for a cross and doesn't get there (again).  Not helped by his defenders not challenging for the ball either.

Harvey Specter

From the BBC - 

Oh Efe! It's another error from Ambrose as he completely misjudges a high ball allowing Azat Nurgaliev to go through but Craig Gordon brilliantly turns his attempted lob round the post.

After a promising start Celtic are rocking here.

:vrface: How does he still get a game?

The next one for Astana is coming soon.The manky mob might beat everyone here but Europe give me strength !

Sorry if it annoys folk but I'm getting a bit pissed of with mr know all,Michael Stewart.Got the audacity to criticise Graig Gordon

BBC Home Page has this picture up:

33fdes9.jpg

He really is an attractive fella, isn't he :lol:

:pleasing:

Sorry if it annoys folk but I'm getting a bit pissed of with mr know all,Michael Stewart.Got the audacity to criticise Graig Gordon

Did Gordon **** up?

He's not exactly the keeper he was 6-7 years ago. I've seen him make some really poor decisions with celtic.

Archived