Scottish Clubs In Europe Thread

Bauld

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only Scottish clubs could take penalties............at this moment all of the Europa League clubs from Scotland are going out and missed penalties are a major reason.

The one club in Scotland that scores a penalty awarded to them is through

Talk all we want but those are mistakes made by players and not a hard luck story......and that is frustrating

Chambie1993

Referee is having a nightmare tonight. But I am getting some amusement from Michael Stewart's commentary...he is not holding back about his judgment of the ref's performance.

Bazzas right boot

If only Scottish clubs could take penalties............at this moment all of the Europa League clubs from Scotland are going out and missed penalties are a major reason.

Talk all we want but those are mistakes made by players and not a hard luck story......and that is frustrating

Good catch.

Chambie1993

I may be mistaken but we play Aberdeen on 13th August so why would it be changed to a Sunday if Aberdeen were to win tonight? The play-off first leg isn't until 18th August according to Wikipedia

Surrey Jambo

Perhaps taking penalties could be included in training? We were good at them once upon a time - 2006? Have designated penalty taker but have several reliable back-ups, just in case of injuries, suspensions or shoot-outs. Just a thought.........

thehibsareintheirbeds

Cant stand aberdeen but theyve been a wee bit shafted tonight. Ref horrific.

I'm sure i'll get over it though.

Lincon Premier

Shafted by the ref but it's Aberdeen so feck them. Pass back far too strong and within the posts, two things a pass back should never be. Once again a crap penalty has cost a Scottish team.

A defending player, in the box, is only allowed to escape a red card if he makes a genuine effort to play the ball.  I don't think the keeper's boot on Rooney's achilles was an attempt to play the ball. I think he should have walked.

A defending player, in the box, is only allowed to escape a red card if he makes a genuine effort to play the ball.  I don't think the keeper's boot on Rooney's achilles was an attempt to play the ball. I think he should have walked.

I think it's a debatable one. His leg/foot move in the direction of the ball. Could he have got the ball? Up to the ref. We still don't have enough clarity around these decisions.

I think it's a debatable one. His leg/foot move in the direction of the ball. Could he have got the ball? Up to the ref. We still don't have enough clarity around these decisions.

Needed time to think about it!!!!!!

Horrendous bobble....can't blame the GK.

I actually think he had a very decent game and looks pretty good. Alexander won't get much game time in front of this guy.

alicante jambo

Sheep done ok.Ref was a joke but sums up refs in football nowadays.Keeper was unlucky couldnt help that.lol nae luck

Horrendous bobble....can't blame the GK.

I actually think he had a very decent game and looks pretty good. Alexander won't get much game time in front of this guy.

Aberdeen were out anyway before this goal

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mcinnes ushered away by Maribor players on the pitch. Assume he was trying to approach ref

:pleasing:

We_are_the_Hearts

If Celtic get Ludogaretz they will get absolutely trashed.

Our man Johnsen scored a hat-trick against that mob...........well no quite our man yet!

Tynecastle Valhalla

Can't blame the keeper for that - massive bobble right before he tries to kick it

Aberdeen were heading out on away goals anyway

Maybe time to change the thread title?

Scottish Club In Europe?

Scottish Clubs No Longer In Europe?

Another embarrassing European 'campaign' in general. Really have to question why we spend all year sighting euro qualification as the season's goal / aim. Its a somewhat pointless exercise.

thought the rule had been changed this season. If a penalty is awarded then no red card, unless it is a 2nd booking

Scottish Club In Europe?

Another embarrassing European 'campaign' in general. Really have to question why we spend all year sighting euro qualification as the season's goal / aim. Its a somewhat pointless exercise.

Agree it's another embarrassing Scottish campaign

But qualifying for Europe remains a target for players and clubs. Tough competition but has to be an aim.

They will probably get Dundalk

More than likely. But Ludogaretz are something else here in Bulgaria. Seriously lethal. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Scottish Club In Europe?

Absolutely which made our own hysterical reaction out of context with Scottish club's current status in Europe. Mince

The Treasurer

West Ham 3-0 up and almost certainly through to the play off round

54k at the London Stadium for a qualifier match.

Very impressive

KineticBeat

54k at the London Stadium for a qualifier match.

Very impressive

It was their first ever game in the stadium, same game in a couple of years probably wouldn't attract the same crowd. 

We_are_the_Hearts

It was their first ever game in the stadium, same game in a couple of years probably wouldn't attract the same crowd. 

Yip it's a shame West Ham is going to become another plastic club. English footy losing it's soul bit by bit

Easier draw for Celtic there compared with Dinamo Zagreb or Ludogorets. They really should be making it through to the group stages.

Ryan Jarman

Just been made: 

Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria) v FC Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic)

Celtic (Scotland) v Hapoel Beer-Sheva (Israel)

FC Copenhagen (Denmark) v Apoel Nicosia (Cyprus)

Dundalk (Republic of Ireland) v Legia Warsaw (Poland)

Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) v FC Salzburg (Austria)

Steaua Bucharest (Romania) v Manchester City (England)

FC Porto (Portugal) v Roma (Italy)

Ajax (Netherlands) v Rostov (Russia)

Young Boys (Switzerland) v Borussia Monchengladbach (Germany)

Villarreal (Spain) v Monaco (France)

The first legs will take place on 16/17 August with the second legs on 23/24 August.

Archived