Scottish Clubs In Europe Thread

Bauld

...a bit disco

Looking at the slo-mo he actually started his take off before the tackle came in.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is looking like a replay of the last time Celtic played a side from this country.....late winner coming soon perhaps

Correct

Lincon Premier

For me their first penalty was a foul the other way for high feet and a tackle from behind. The thug Johansen gets away with murder every game as does Brown. It's going to be a long season with the bigot twins getting the decisions.

I think we will find Celtic make at least one if not two signings before Friday if that is the cut off point for the play off round signings

They may as a result be registered for this weekend.

Thanks kila no a disaster then

They're guaranteed Europa League though even if they lose the playoff.

Footballfirst
From Bert Kassies site (provisional seedings)Seeded teams                   coef.              Unseeded teams                 coef.------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------Olympiakos Piraeus *3    Gre  70.940              Legia Warsaw **          Pol  28.000Viktoria Plzen *3        Cze  44.585              Dinamo Zagreb **         Cro  25.775FC Salzburg **           Aut  42.520              Ludogorets Razgrad **    Bul  25.625Celtic **                Sco  40.460              FC K?benhavn **          Den  24.720APOEL Nicosia **         Cyp  35.935              Dundalk **               Irl   2.590

Edit: Olympiakos went out to Hapoel Beer Sheva. so Legia will be one of the seeded sides.

The Internet

Could face Irish league side Dundalk

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Knowing Celtic's luck in Europe that's exactly who they'll get.

Olympiakos out...Fenerbahce out .. Anderlecht out and Shaktar into extra time

Remember the draw is split between countries champions and those who qualified from a league position so Celtic cannot play the team who finished 4th in England for example

Heartsmad1874

Knowing Celtic's luck in Europe that's exactly who they'll get.

If they get either Copenhagen,Dinamo Zagreb or Ludogorets they will be in trouble. Think they could deal with Dundalk or the Israeli side

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

From Bert Kassies site (provisional seedings)Seeded teams                   coef.              Unseeded teams                 coef.------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------Olympiakos Piraeus *3    Gre  70.940              Legia Warsaw **          Pol  28.000Viktoria Plzen *3        Cze  44.585              Dinamo Zagreb **         Cro  25.775FC Salzburg **           Aut  42.520              Ludogorets Razgrad **    Bul  25.625Celtic **                Sco  40.460              FC K?benhavn **          Den  24.720APOEL Nicosia **         Cyp  35.935              Dundalk **               Irl   2.590

Edit: Olympiakos went out to Hapoel Beer Sheva. so Legia will be one of the seeded sides.

With Olympiakos out then the Israeli side Hapoel will be a possible opponent...Shaktar look like they are out as well and that is a surprise given their recent record

Luckiest club on the planet surely. It's no wonder they always get wins over us, even when we do hammer them they end up getting a lucky goal or a referees hand out.

One of Celtics possible opponents are on the verge of losing their now best player to Napoli...Marko Rog

According to reports from TuttoMercatoWeb, the 21-year-old Dinamo Zagreb man has agreed to a deal to bring him to the Stadio San Paolo, worth ?13 million which will could reach as much as ?17.5m as a result of bonus additions.

This after their previous best player left for Juventus in July..Marko Pjaca for 23 million euros

So lost 2 of their best even before the play off round

From Bert Kassies site (provisional seedings)

Seeded teams coef. Unseeded teams coef.

------------------------ --- ---------------- ------------------------ --- ----------------

Olympiakos Piraeus *3 Gre 70.940 Legia Warsaw ** Pol 28.000

Viktoria Plzen *3 Cze 44.585 Dinamo Zagreb ** Cro 25.775

FC Salzburg ** Aut 42.520 Ludogorets Razgrad ** Bul 25.625

Celtic ** Sco 40.460 FC K?benhavn ** Den 24.720

APOEL Nicosia ** Cyp 35.935 Dundalk ** Irl 2.590

Wouldn't Hapoel take Olympiakos co-efficient for seeding purposes ?

Footballfirst

Wouldn't Hapoel take Olympiakos co-efficient for seeding purposes ?

Not at this stage as all the qualifiers are known before the draw (on Friday).  In earlier rounds, the draw for the next round was made before the 2nd legs of the previous round was complete. Some certainty of opposition and venues was required in order that arrangements could be put in place with just a week between rounds.

Is that them into.the champions league now?

They have qualified for Europa Group stage if they lose, like Dundalk(?).

Aberdeen have to win in Maribor for the coefficient. I think they just might.

The questions posed by the press to Celtic players are really a waste of time

asking Dembele about Scott Browns performance for example.. what do you think he is going to say ?..or asking about who he would like in the next round when you know he will say I have no preference

With Olympiakos out then the Israeli side Hapoel will be a possible opponent...Shaktar look like they are out as well and that is a surprise given their recent record

Who are the big teams coming in now at play-off? Who will Celtic get for example, presume not Dundalk?!

Who are the big teams coming in now at play-off? Who will Celtic get for example, presume not Dundalk?!

BBC are saying Celtic could play Dundalk, Dinamo Zagreb, Ludogorets Razgrad, Copenhagen or Hapoel Be'er Sheeva (Israel)

Hope they get Ludogorets Razgrad.. They seem to be a pretty decent team..

wonder what odds a celtic v dundalk draw........

I thought teams from the same country could not meet at this stage

Was going to start a new thread but this seems appropriate place.  Does anyone else agree that the Europa League is nothing more than a burden to teams like Hearts?  Finish 2nd or 3rd in league to qualify for qualifying round one 5 weeks before the start of our domestic season.  Then the draw is made and we have 7 days to arrange tickets\travel including UEFA option to change our tie away or home.  Then the draw for next round with again 7 days or less to arrange.  If like us we lose at 2nd stage our pre season plans are scuppered.   If we can't win the league I always want us to finish 2nd or 3rd and win cups but as far as I am concerned I will no longer celebrate qualifying for a tournament that treats non elite countries with such disdain.

Was going to start a new thread but this seems appropriate place. Does anyone else agree that the Europa League is nothing more than a burden to teams like Hearts? Finish 2nd or 3rd in league to qualify for qualifying round one 5 weeks before the start of our domestic season. Then the draw is made and we have 7 days to arrange tickets\travel including UEFA option to change our tie away or home. Then the draw for next round with again 7 days or less to arrange. If like us we lose at 2nd stage our pre season plans are scuppered. If we can't win the league I always want us to finish 2nd or 3rd and win cups but as far as I am concerned I will no longer celebrate qualifying for a tournament that treats non elite countries with such disdain.

We'll just do okay financially due to crowds.

Avoiding League Cup group stages may not be much but also competitive pre season.

Great trips for fans who can make it. A lot of interest and excitement too.

But playing in Europe is a step up and eventually you want to get to group stages and further however hard that is.

See what you are getting at but has to be an aim.

Curiously we may benefit from being knocked out badly this time if players etc use it as extra motivation.

Was going to start a new thread but this seems appropriate place. Does anyone else agree that the Europa League is nothing more than a burden to teams like Hearts? Finish 2nd or 3rd in league to qualify for qualifying round one 5 weeks before the start of our domestic season. Then the draw is made and we have 7 days to arrange tickets\travel including UEFA option to change our tie away or home. Then the draw for next round with again 7 days or less to arrange. If like us we lose at 2nd stage our pre season plans are scuppered. If we can't win the league I always want us to finish 2nd or 3rd and win cups but as far as I am concerned I will no longer celebrate qualifying for a tournament that treats non elite countries with such disdain.

Ask dundalk fans how they feel about having at least 6 games in the Europa league to look forward to after beating bate in champions league qualification the other night.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We_are_the_Hearts

European football was far better before the "Champions League" and a lot more inclusive.

Footballfirst

The other half of the draw (not involving Celtic)

4th Qualifying Round for Non-Champions (10 teams)
Seeded teams                   coef.              Unseeded teams                 coef.------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------Manchester City          Eng  99.256              AS Roma                  Ita  41.587FC Porto                 Por  92.616              Steaua Bucuresti *3      Rom  36.576Villarreal               Esp  60.142              AS Monaco *3             Fra  36.549Ajax *3                  Ned  58.112              Young Boys *3            Sui  24.755Borussia M?nchengladbach Ger  42.035              FK Rostov *3             Rus  11.716

Dons playing well. Can see them going through.

Had ball in net as well but ref gave penalty which they missed

Latest on the Aberdeen match:

Maribor should be down to ten men. Keeper brings down Rooney in clear goalscoring position but is only booked.

Aberdeen have missed the pen. (Rooney)

Aberdeen should be down to ten me. Graeme Shinnie with horror two footed lunge but somehow escapes with a yellow.

After a very dominant first 20 minutes for Aberdeen the game has since evened out.

Latest on the Aberdeen match:

Maribor should be down to ten men. Keeper brings down Rooney in clear goalscoring position but is only booked.

Aberdeen have missed the pen. (Rooney)

Aberdeen should be down to ten me. Graeme Shinnie with horror two footed lunge but somehow escapes with a yellow.

After a very dominant first 20 minutes for Aberdeen the game has since evened out.

Laws have been changed from this season. Double jeopardy has been abolished. Now if it's a pen it's only a yellow. If it's not a pen it's still a red. I can understand how you have missed the rule change but I'm gobsmacked that Michael Stewart and his co-commentator are not aware of the change. Not been doing their homework it seems. Watch out for them questioning second half ko when ball goes straight back.

Not a bad game.agree goalkeeper should have been sent off and also shinnie for a bad two footed tackle.The boy burns looks like a decent signing

Footballfirst

Laws have been changed from this season. Double jeopardy has been abolished. Now if it's a pen it's only a yellow. If it's not a pen it's still a red. I can understand how you have missed the rule change but I'm gobsmacked that Michael Stewart and his co-commentator are not aware of the change. Not been doing their homework it seems. Watch out for them questioning second half ko when ball goes straight back.

A defending player, in the box, is only allowed to escape a red card if he makes a genuine effort to play the ball.  I don't think the keeper's boot on Rooney's achilles was an attempt to play the ball. I think he should have walked.

132goals1958

Birkirkara kept it fairly respectable in the second leg only going down 3 1 against Krasnodar -- 6 1 on aggregate though.

Michael Stewart has just compared the referee to Willie Collum lol

Hopefully not by looks.

An insult too far ! 

Archived