JohnB

stirlingshirejambo

Don't watch too many rangers games but the last two I saw I felt Holt was very average

Willing to give him another chance to prove me wrong tonight against a decent Falkirk team

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biffa Bacon

Is it the Daily Record article? I liked the bit where they said eyebrows were raised that he wasn't in the last Scotland squad. :rofl:

And where he said he'd joined one of the biggest clubs in the world. It's guff like this that makes me want to see Hibs promoted instead.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-star-jason-holt-leaving-7581381

In the paper this morning (I didn't, buy it, I was at the airport) it had a picture of him walking off the park in his hearts kit after being subbed, passing Robbie.... Totally biased, implying that this summed up his time at Hearts. They could quite as easily pictured him ramming in his goal against Sevco....but that is not the message that the west coast public want to see..... Fuds

We got an upgrade in Djoum but I'd rather have Holt than Gomis. I wouldn't be against Holt coming back. Rangers will ditch most of the cheap Scottish players within a year of getting promoted and I'd be surprised to see him become a regular in the premiership with them.

A very good player but did not fit in with the way we played at the time - usually with 2 defensive midfield in the centre.

Holt did not want to stick around as he knew his game time would be limited. As others have said Djoum is a much better player, however I think if he had patience he may have been playing a lot more by now.

I do rate him but there's no point changing the way we play to accomodate him.

i wish jj was my dad

I like Jason and would have been happy to keep him but he was never going to be first choice.  If that wee hibs rat has him anywhere near the international set  up then we might as well put Berti back in charge.

I like Jason and would have been happy to keep him but he was never going to be first choice.  If that wee hibs rat has him anywhere near the international set  up then we might as well put Berti back in charge.

Compared to some recent managers Berti did very well after inheriting a much worse situation than the likes of Strachan, Burley and Levein.

i wish jj was my dad

Compared to some recent managers Berti did very well after inheriting a much worse situation than the likes of Strachan, Burley and Levein.

That's my point. Berti just scattergunned caps to try and find guys who might be up to scratch.  Holt would fall into the Paul Dalglish, Scott Dobie category.

Scarey as it was Craig Brown would still be picking Tom Boyd and Colin Calderwood if he was in charge.

That's my point. Berti just scattergunned caps to try and find guys who might be up to scratch.  Holt would fall into the Paul Dalglish, Scott Dobie category.

Scarey as it was Craig Brown would still be picking Tom Boyd and Colin Calderwood if he was in charge.

I liked wee Berti and his record was decent considering. The press treated him shockingly. Craig Brown was the reason Berti had to give everyone a cap. he gave first caps to a few good ones though. McFadden and D Fletcher for example.

The media's favourite Walter Smith then waltzed in and reaped the benefit of Berti's work.

We didn't let him go; he left.  He got offered a new contract; he didn't sign it.

Holt is at Rangers because that is where Holt chose to go, and not because Hearts got rid of him.  The excellent young player who couldn't command a starting position in the Hearts Championship-winning side.

Not exactly. A lot of folk are confused by this. We offered him a contract purely so that we could get a development fee for him, and made it clear he didn't have the future at the club so he wouldn't sign it. In reality, he was realised by the club, and admits this himself.

?I never doubted myself. You always have to have self-belief and I had that. Yes, it was a blow to be let go by Hearts, but these things happen in football.?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/championship/rumour-mill-souness-backs-lennon-for-celtic-hearts-to-build-new-stand-deila-welcomes-job-speculation-1-4075631

I'm aware he chose to leave.

We could have done more to make him stay.

I rate him highly, I think he does have the potential to be in or around a team challenging at the top of the SPL and could do well at Championship level in England. I heard more good reports than bad from Sheffied United.

I think we will regret the fact that he left, but for every Jason Holt there's a Liam Smith who was told he was too small for Rangers & is now showing his potential in our first team.

Hakuna Matata!

Arthur Morgan

He's still young and could get better.

Yes he could but I honestly don't think he'll turn out to be so good that we end up regretting letting him leave.

One of the very few poor pieces of business since the Budge/Levein era began

This isn't aimed specifically at you, but I feel that if we'd sold him to Falkirk for ?65k and he was having a good season for them we wouldn't be saying "we've messed up there."

The Rangers are a level below us and Jason Holt was incapable of getting into a succession of Hearts teams under different managers.

He still wouldn't be in our first team now.

We got ?65k for an out of contract squad player from a club in the division before us. I fear some people give The Rangers far too much respect.

Hahaha you really couldn't make this shit up. Yet another Jason Holt thread, a player that did more or less the sum total of diddly squat and will be remembered by most Hearts fans as fondly as Jamie Mole and Gary Glen. He won't be near the Rangers first team by this time next year and will probably end up at some 2nd division outfit down south on his agents say so or struggling to find an SPL club.

It was blatantly obvious to every man and his dug that he would continually flatter to deceive for Hearts and that there where and are much better players / professionals than him at our club. If anyone thinks that Hearts are mounting a league challenge with mediocrity like Holt as back up never mind starting they are beyond delusional. Thankfully that was recognized by the decision makers within our club. Time will tell but I suspect a similar decision has been made about Billy King. 

It should have been ten

Hahaha you really couldn't make this shit up. Yet another Jason Holt thread, a player that did more or less the sum total of diddly squat and will be remembered by most Hearts fans as fondly as Jamie Mole and Gary Glen. He won't be near the Rangers first team by this time next year and will probably end up at some 2nd division outfit down south on his agents say so or struggling to find an SPL club.

It was blatantly obvious to every man and his dug that he would continually flatter to deceive for Hearts and that there where and are much better players / professionals than him at our club. If anyone thinks that Hearts are mounting a league challenge with mediocrity like Holt as back up never mind starting they are beyond delusional. Thankfully that was recognized by the decision makers within our club. Time will tell but I suspect a similar decision has been made about Billy King.

Hardly think 'most' Hearts fans will remember Jason Holt in the same way as they'll remember Jamie Mole!

Decent player but just didn't do enough in his time at us to ever hold down a regular first team place. Playing well in a Rangers team that dominates most games they play in the championship but he did a disappearing act when the going got tough in the 2nd half tonight.

Hardly think 'most' Hearts fans will remember Jason Holt in the same way as they'll remember Jamie Mole!

I think he will be remembered in exactly that vein by the vast majority. Mole was simply an example of another complete non entity in a Hearts shirt. It's genuinely hilarious that anyone gives two shits that Holt has gone, he contributed so little in his time with us and never at any point got close to being seen as a regular starter.

That's my point. Berti just scattergunned caps to try and find guys who might be up to scratch. Holt would fall into the Paul Dalglish, Scott Dobie category.

That will the same Craig Brown who took us to our last major Championships, aye!

Like most Hearts fans I really wanted Holt to develop into the real deal from the time he debuted through the hard times of the relegation season. He showed tremendous early promise but, honestly, I don't think he delivered fully on that promise. It's near unanimous on here that Prince and Gomis were clearly better and that change delivered results. Once Pallardo was also on board then you'd be weakening the team to start Holt regularly. It was a shame to see him go and it particularly grates that he is with Rangers but I don't think he'd be playing regularly now, even on his Rangers form, if he were still battling for a place in our midfield.

It should have been ten

I think he will be remembered in exactly that vein by the vast majority. Mole was simply an example of another complete non entity in a Hearts shirt. It's genuinely hilarious that anyone gives two shits that Holt has gone, he contributed so little in his time with us and never at any point got close to being seen as a regular starter.

Holt could at least play a bit. Mole was just pish.

i wish jj was my dad

That will the same Craig Brown who took us to our last major Championships, aye!

and the same Craig brown who might have got us into the second phase if he had been able to bring neil mccan off the bench rather than a 34 year old left back when chasing the game against Morocco

Notorious BIG

Who exactly would he be displacing in your eyes?

He wasn't good enough to command a regular start last season and I suspect it would have been the same this season if he hadn't moved. Not the lad's fault as he had some ability, but we are aiming higher now.

Kitchen Djoum

Walker            Holt              Nicholson

He is a player we havent had since Hartley, breaking into the box chipping in with goals as well as creating from midfield

Kitchen Djoum

Walker Holt Nicholson

He is a player we havent had since Hartley, breaking into the box chipping in with goals as well as creating from midfield

You have 3 lightweight players there that would get out muscled by the opposition. Djoum and/or Kitchen need to break up play and that only leaves space for Jamie and Sam.

Also, Walker plays through the middle as shown by his Dundee goal.

stirlingshirejambo

Yea

With no thought for the future

Would you be happy to reach a final with a Hearts team featuring journeymen with no thought of integrating youth.

that final being the pinnacle leading to years of decline as that team peaked and nothing in reserve

• 1 month later...
queensferryjambo

I really like Holt hope he sticks one on them on Saturday.

His interview with Dale Carrick after 'the relegation' derby proclaiming that Hibs were never coming to Tynecastle to relegate Hearts cements him as a PHM IMO. 

I wish we gave our own players the same type of adulation as we do with this Rangers player!!

I really like Holt hope he sticks one on them on Saturday.

His interview with Dale Carrick after 'the relegation' derby proclaiming that Hibs were never coming to Tynecastle to relegate Hearts cements him as a PHM IMO. 

very much this, He might play for the blue bigots but inside he's a jambo.

It's actually a valid reason for hibs not standing a chance.

Wallace is the Rangers captain is he not?

Holt will give his all.

Wilson in defence.

These guys have spent their time sliding one up the hibs wearing the maroon. It will mean a lot to them.

An attacking midfield player who should never have been allowed to leave. The kind of player we have missed all season,

Holt, Wilson and Wallace need to drum it into their teammates just how shameful it would be to be part of a team that allows Hibs to finally end their cup jinx.

jack D and coke

Meh no more than average for us. Not been missed and will find himself surplus to requirements at the Huns if they have any real ambitions.

A double on Saturday would be nice though.

He has always had a lot of potential. He was let go because Neilson didn't think he was ready to be a first team regular, and he wanted away as a result. You can argue he should have been retained, but I actually really like our new regime's policy of not standing in the way of anyone who doesn't want to be at the club. It reinforces the idea that nobody is irreplaceable and we only want players with the right attitude.

Meh no more than average for us. Not been missed and will find himself surplus to requirements at the Huns if they have any real ambitions.

A double on Saturday would be nice though.

Meh? Holt had more natural football ability than any other young player at Hearts (apart from perhaps Walker) and needed developed not binned.  The fact that he was not developed is a failure of our management team IMO.

When he signed for Rangers I heard all the talk on here that he would not get a game - instead he has been touted as POTY by many Rangers fans!  He is a key player for them and will remain so as he gets stronger and more experienced.

He has always had a lot of potential. He was let go because Neilson didn't think he was ready to be a first team regular, and he wanted away as a result. You can argue he should have been retained, but I actually really like our new regime's policy of not standing in the way of anyone who doesn't want to be at the club. It reinforces the idea that nobody is irreplaceable and we only want players with the right attitude.

So basically it's Robbie's (or Levein's) way or the highway!   This new regime policy will definitely show the player who the boss is - unfortunately it will also throw really promising young players out the door, instead of working with them on an individual basis to find a way of getting the best out of them. 

Holt, Wilson and Wallace need to drum it into their teammates just how shameful it would be to be part of a team that allows Hibs to finally end their cup jinx.

A fact not drummed into our players unfortunately!

jack D and coke

Meh? Holt had more natural football ability than any other young player at Hearts (apart from perhaps Walker) and needed developed not binned. The fact that he was not developed is a failure of our management team IMO.

When he signed for Rangers I heard all the talk on here that he would not get a game - instead he has been touted as POTY by many Rangers fans! He is a key player for them and will remain so as he gets stronger and more experienced.

It's the championship he's been playing in remember. We had a couple of players who looked really good down there and they aren't even at the club anymore. I wanted Holt to be the player our team was built round after all we'd heard about him in the youths.....I waited and waited to see this midfield maestro but it never happened. I still barely notice him if I watch Rangers.

The fact Rangers fans are rating him so highly merely illustrates, to me anyway, how low their standards have sank in the last few years watching absolute guff turn out for them. We didn't bin him either we offered him terms but he rejected them. It always seemed to me he couldn't wait to get out the door too. I won't make any guesses why that might have been but for a supposed Hearts man it surprised me. I don't wish him any harm I hope he does well except when he plays us but imo if Rangers ever have any serious ambitions of dominating Celtic again then Jason Holt will find himself out the side.

It's all about opinions I guess.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Meh? Holt had more natural football ability than any other young player at Hearts (apart from perhaps Walker) and needed developed not binned.  The fact that he was not developed is a failure of our management team IMO.

When he signed for Rangers I heard all the talk on here that he would not get a game - instead he has been touted as POTY by many Rangers fans!  He is a key player for them and will remain so as he gets stronger and more experienced.

Yup, i feared it to be a mistake at the time and I still believe so now.

jack D and coke

What has Holt achieved since he left us exactly? Playing in the Scottish 2nd tier? Won a petrol cup and a very average championship where they lost to alloa's and the like? They haven't beaten Hibs this saturday either lets not get ahead of ourselves. He could be part of something shameful this weekend :muggy:

Holt won't be starting for rangers come January. Good player to have when your on the front foot, like playing with a man down if it's going against you.

Archived