JohnB

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to the boy. A hearts fan who wasn't at the time good enough to play for us. Had to move down a division to get game time.Time will tell if he can be at the level required to play at the top end of the premier league. Can't see what he's done wrong.hope he scores on Saturday. Personally I don't think he showed enough with us to merit more starts.

Check my posts before spouting off lad.  I was confirming what numerous Rangers fans (who regularly attend games) had said about Holt's (in their opinion) POTY performances.

Lad :rofl:

So you are going by here say whereas you are slagging someone for judging by watching him play?

cheers lad!

It's actually a valid reason for hibs not standing a chance.

Wallace is the Rangers captain is he not?

Holt will give his all.

Wilson in defence.

These guys have spent their time sliding one up the hibs wearing the maroon. It will mean a lot to them.

Sorry but Wilson in defence gives hibs every chance he's a bomb scare for rangers!!

So basically it's Robbie's (or Levein's) way or the highway! This new regime policy will definitely show the player who the boss is - unfortunately it will also throw really promising young players out the door, instead of working with them on an individual basis to find a way of getting the best out of them.

To be fair Locke didn't play him much either. That was his key development year like the rest of them....

Lad :rofl:

So you are going by here say whereas you are slagging someone for judging by watching him play?

cheers lad!

"watching him play" in a couple of games covered by TV

or

Listening to pals with good football knowledge who regularly attend Rangers games home and away throughout the season??

Think I'll stick to the latter.  Cheers Lad.

Player wouldn't sign contract offered

Club release him

Take a reduced development fee to allow him to sign for a skint club

Lad does ok in second tier

Djoum or Holt?

No contest Djoum every time

Only room for one creative midfielder in the squad then?

Oh, I seem to have missed him signing a new contract last year!

Is he only on loan at Rangers? 

Eh?

You said he didn't want to stay and develop at Hearts. THAT was wrong. Jason saw his career at Hearts.

The reason he ended up signing for Rangers was that Hearts (Levein) didn't fancy him as he was too "lightweight" and as such made him a token contract offer that he was never going to accept.

What do you mean by that? I know for a fact he wanted to sign for Forest when Locke was still manager. He wasn't for hanging about at Hearts, couldn't wait to get away from us as far as I could see.

You know that for a fact? Spoken to Jason have you?

I have on numerous occasions.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Eh?

You said he didn't want to stay and develop at Hearts. THAT was wrong. Jason saw his career at Hearts.

The reason he ended up signing for Rangers was that Hearts (Levein) didn't fancy him as he was too "lightweight" and as such made him a token contract offer that he was never going to accept.

Is that not called contract negotiations?

jack D and coke

You know that for a fact? Spoken to Jason have you?

I have on numerous occasions.

Did he say he wanted to stay at Hearts did he? Maybe he did but I pretty much know it for a fact aye. I don't want to mention anybody but he's from my town and I know someone close to him. He was keen to go when Forest wanted him. I don't blame him either it was life changing money he was getting offered. I'd have been the same.

Did he say he wanted to stay at Hearts did he? Maybe he did but I pretty much know it for a fact aye. I don't want to mention anybody but he's from my town and I know someone close to him. He was keen to go when Forest wanted him. I don't blame him either it was life changing money he was getting offered. I'd have been the same.

He is also from my town.  Without going into names, he is very friendly with one of my pals.  I have spoken to him on 2 or 3 occasions in 'Stags' (you will know the pub) - first time I met him I bought him a pint after he scored that cracker against Rangers.

As you say if any Club comes in offering big money then any player has to be interested, however the Forest thing came to nothing.  Jason saw his future at Hearts, however much to his disappointment he felt that he was not the type of player that the new regime at Hearts wanted.

Is that not called contract negotiations?

For negotiations to be worthwhile the Club has to actually offer a contract that they would expect the player to accept.

jack D and coke

He is also from my town. Without going into names, he is very friendly with one of my pals. I have spoken to him on 2 or 3 occasions in 'Stags' (you will know he pub) - first time I met him I bought him a pint after he scored that cracker against Rangers.

As you say if any Club comes in offering big money then any player has to be interested, however the Forest thing came to nothing. Jason saw his future at Hearts, however much to his disappointment he felt that he was not the type of player that the new regime at Hearts wanted.

A pint of what he's tee total isn't he?[emoji1]

I know staggs well of course I live just round the corner[emoji1360]

Ah well it's done now anyway as long as he performs well tomorrow it's happy days. Good luck to him.

We_are_the_Hearts

He is also from my town.  Without going into names, he is very friendly with one of my pals.  I have spoken to him on 2 or 3 occasions in 'Stags' (you will know he pub) - first time I met him I bought him a pint after he scored that cracker against Rangers.

As you say if any Club comes in offering big money then any player has to be interested, however the Forest thing came to nothing.  Jason saw his future at Hearts, however much to his disappointment he felt that he was not the type of player that the new regime at Hearts wanted.

Not being funny but maybe you should meet in Stags and discuss it? It's been done to death on here. At present no one knows if it was a mistake or not. No Scotland caps, no further appearances in the top league, no transfer. It came to pass this morning we had David Soria on trial and let him go, he just won the Europa League with Sevilla. It's football, it happens. But in the case of Holt nothing has happened yet and there is no proof he is better than Djoum. Next season will reveal all.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

For negotiations to be worthwhile the Club has to actually offer a contract that they would expect the player to accept.

Seen your other post, that you know him. Fair enough.

I would counter, then, that maybe that affects your opinion of him. As you admit, you haven't seen him play since he left.

A pint of what he's tee total isn't he?[emoji1]

I know staggs well of course I live just round the corner[emoji1360]

Ah well it's done now anyway as long as he performs well tomorrow it's happy days. Good luck to him.

It was a couple of years ago now - I bought a round of about 6 drinks - his might have been lager tops.

Maybe see you in Stags then - Jack D and Coke is it?

Not being funny but maybe you should meet in Stags and discuss it? It's been done to death on here. At present no one knows if it was a mistake or not. No Scotland caps, no further appearances in the top league, no transfer. It came to pass this morning we had David Soria on trial and let him go, he just won the Europa League with Sevilla. It's football, it happens. But in the case of Holt nothing has happened yet and there is no proof he is better than Djoum. Next season will reveal all.

Agree with all this TBF.  As I said in a previous post regarding Djoum, surely there was room for another creative midfielder in the squad.

jack D and coke

It was a couple of years ago now - I bought a round of about 6 drinks - his might have been lager tops.

Maybe see you in Stags then - Jack D and Coke is it?

Haha aye it's my poison amongst other things. Staggs isn't my local but I go in from time to time, I was in last Saturday through the back meeting my sister and her boyfriend for a couple. If you see somebody bouncing about holding a Jack D&C it might just be me[emoji1360]

We_are_the_Hearts

Agree with all this TBF.  As I said in a previous post regarding Djoum, surely there was room for another creative midfielder in the squad.

There defo is. Hopefully the management are looking at that just now  :2thumbsup:

Seen your other post, that you know him. Fair enough.

I would counter, then, that maybe that affects your opinion of him. As you admit, you haven't seen him play since he left.

Other than him coming across as a nice young guy and 'Hearts man' I have based my opinions on the promise Holt showed whilst at Hearts.   The first time I saw him play was in an under 17 friendly game against Penicuik.  I did not know any of the Hearts players at the time, however after 20 minutes I asked a guy who our number 10 was because he was head and shoulders above the rest - it was Jason Holt.

Whilst he did not set the heather on fire, he showed enough outstanding basic ability to be one for Hearts to nurture and develop. For whatever reason that did not happem - I think we will regrert that but of course I may be wrong.

As I don't follow Rangers, my current opinion on how he is playing is based on the comments from various Rangers acquaintances who follow them home and away - they said he was putting in POTY performances.

Haha aye it's my poison amongst other things. Staggs isn't my local but I go in from time to time, I was in last Saturday through the back meeting my sister and her boyfriend for a couple. If you see somebody bouncing about holding a Jack D&C it might just be me[emoji1360]

Cheers

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Other than him coming across as a nice young guy and 'Hearts man' I have based my opinions on the promise Holt showed whilst at Hearts. The first time I saw him play was in an under 17 friendly game against Penicuik. I did not know any of the Hearts players at the time, however after 20 minutes I asked a guy who our number 10 was because he was head and shoulders above the rest - it was Jason Holt.

Whilst he did not set the heather on fire, he showed enough outstanding basic ability to be one for Hearts to nurture and develop. For whatever reason that did not happem - I think we will regrert that but of course I may be wrong.

As I don't follow Rangers, my current opinion on how he is playing is based on the comments from various Rangers acquaintances who follow them home and away - they said he was putting in POTY performances.

Fair do's, I hoped he was going to be a star with us. Unfortunately he wasn't. Not the first, won't be the last.

Amoruso_lets_it_run

The tip may be blue but the shaft will be maroon if Holt gives it to Hibs dry on Saturday

The tip may be blue but the shaft will be maroon if Holt gives it to Hibs dry on Saturday

:10900:

Fair do's, I hoped he was going to be a star with us. Unfortunately he wasn't. Not the first, won't be the last.

He wasn't a star with us - but he could have developed into one!

All opinions - next season will tell all.

Eh?

Eh, if he wanted to stay he would've signed the new contract.

The new contract was at least equal to what he was on already.

Anyway, hope he has a great game on Saturday and gets a move down south for next season. Where he continues to develop into the player he looked he could be when I used enjoy watching him play for the U19's.

He wasn't a star with us - but he could have developed into one!

All opinions - next season will tell all.

Thing is Holt had been in and around the first team since McGlynn. So McGlynn and then Locke had a big influence in Holt's progress. - or lack thereof.

During this period of uncertainty Holt, it seems to me, was definitely of the mind that he wanted to leave.

I think to package everything that happened with Holt's departure as down to the current regime not trying enough is a bit simplistic.

If he wasn't fully committed, didn't buy into things etc the right thing was what happened.

Eh, if he wanted to stay he would've signed the new contract.

The new contract was at least equal to what he was on already.

Anyway, hope he has a great game on Saturday and gets a move down south for next season. Where he continues to develop into the player he looked he could be when I used enjoy watching him play for the U19's.

Even though he wanted to stay, no player is going to sign a poor contract offer.

You are right the terms offered were no improvement on the contract he signed when he was much younger. That was the problem.

Where do you get the impression he is moving down south next season?  Rangers rate him and want to keep him.

Thing is Holt had been in and around the first team since McGlynn. So McGlynn and then Locke had a big influence in Holt's progress. - or lack thereof.

During this period of uncertainty Holt, it seems to me, was definitely of the mind that he wanted to leave.

I think to package everything that happened with Holt's departure as down to the current regime not trying enough is a bit simplistic.

If he wasn't fully committed, didn't buy into things etc the right thing was what happened.

You need commitment from both sides.

You need commitment from both sides.

He got commitment. - contract offer.

He hadn't done enough to get more than he was offered.

He got commitment. - contract offer.

He hadn't done enough to get more than he was offered.

Going round in circles here - yes he got a contract offer - that contract offer was the same as the previous one he signed as a very young player - it was always going to be rejected and TBH I think that was the intention of Hearts management.

IMO he had shown more than enough excellent natural football ability to be given a decent offer to allow him to stay and develop as a player.

Going round in circles here - yes he got a contract offer - that contract offer was the same as the previous one he signed as a very young player - it was always going to be rejected and TBH I think that was the intention of Hearts management.

IMO he had shown more than enough excellent natural football ability to be given a decent offer to allow him to stay and develop as a player.

You agree though that if he had done more/better in the previous 3 years he'd have got a better offer?

You agree though that if he had done more/better in the previous 3 years he'd have got a better offer?

Debateable whether he was given the chance to do more.  IMO he had shown enough that he was naturally developing as a player through age and experience, and it was well worth the chance of giving him a better deal.

Bowmans_Boot

For me, Jason Holt is one that got away. However, hopefully he sticks it right up them tomorrow. A Holt/Wallace double would be sweet, not that fussed about Wilson.

ToadKiller Dog

Is he playing today?

Won the Uglies a freekick early on but absent for the most part since .

Hopefully now we can put to bed the myth he was given away and he'll come back to haunt us blah blah blah.

That's as pathetic a performance as I've seen from anyone in a Scottish Cup Final.

He's no pace and goes anonymous for ages in games.

Absolutely garbage

cosanostra

An absolute imposter of a player.

Waste of a jersey for us and looks about as good for the Huns.

LogicalEric

Dreadful today. Game completely passed him by. wasnt helped by Rangers bypassing midfield right enough but when he did have the ball he didn't do anything of note.

Malinga the Swinga

Holt, like every other Rangers player, with the one exception of Millar, was anonymous, invisible and a disgrace to the profession of football.

Never again should we have to suffer comments about Holt getting away. He is a mid championship player and can expect to be looking for a new club after Monday.

alicante jambo

Holt is at sevco for a reason hes not good enough for us.5 times i witnessed wilson over hitting the ball out the park

Holt, like every other Rangers player, with the one exception of Millar, was anonymous, invisible and a disgrace to the profession of football.

Never again should we have to suffer comments about Holt getting away. He is a mid championship player and can expect to be looking for a new club after Monday.

I'm sure Sevco rewarded him with a 5 year contract!

Archived