JohnB

Geoff Kilpatrick

Jason Holt was murder but he was still better than Dean Shiels! Hopefully Michael O'Neill doesn't take him to France.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cosanostra

i really find it incredible that guy can have a bang average game yet the same guy has nothing but plaudits all season from the Rangers hoards and all of a sudden he is gash .Now for you's that were not at our 2 games against that same manky mob who IN OUR MIDFIELD stuck out like a sore thumb ? well i was there and witnessed both diabolical games and let me tell anybody it was worse than gash we went down like a wimper it was embarrassing and let me tell anybody i would more welcome we put our own house in order in these so called big games because the truth of it is we need addressed , yes the guy maybe did not have a good game bad to lambast the guy over one game is pure double standards when any our own has hardly set the house on fire in any of the so called big games . huh short memory's a few on here .

He was shite for Hearts too.

Can't remember one game where he actually stood out or starred for us.

He gets plaudits from the media because he's young, Scottish, talks well to the press and most importantly, he plays for Rangers. He's a Championship player at best.

We'll see how he gets on next year.

Geoff Kilpatrick

He was shite for Hearts too.

Can't remember one game where he actually stood out or starred for us.

He gets plaudits from the media because he's young, Scottish, talks well to the press and most importantly, he plays for Rangers. He's a Championship player at best.

We'll see how he gets on next year.

Ross County (h) 4-2

Sevco (h) 2-0

cosanostra

Ross County (h) 4-2

Sevco (h) 2-0

I honestly don't remember the RC game but I don't think he stood out at all in the Hun game.

We were awful in midfield that day then some Hun got sent off and the game changed. 

Ian Black giving away a penalty was a memorable moment too.

i really find it incredible that guy can have a bang average game yet the same guy has nothing but plaudits all season from the Rangers hoards and all of a sudden he is gash .Now for you's that were not at our 2 games against that same manky mob who IN OUR MIDFIELD stuck out like a sore thumb ? well i was there and witnessed both diabolical games and let me tell anybody it was worse than gash we went down like a wimper it was embarrassing and let me tell anybody i would more welcome we put our own house in order in these so called big games because the truth of it is we need addressed , yes the guy maybe did not have a good game bad to lambast the guy over one game is pure double standards when any our own has hardly set the house on fire in any of the so called big games . huh short memory's a few on here .

I get that you're a Jason Holt fan but you're trying to defend the indefensible.

He was so bad yesterday that it's difficult to articulate.

cosanostra

Ross County (h) 4-2

Sevco (h) 2-0

Just watched the highlights on youtube and I remember the County game now. That was one of my favourites that season now that I recall.

Pretty sure Holt came on at half time and scored a screamer.

He certainly has a great dig on him. It's his all round game that was poor. He never created chances, couldn't tackle and contributed little other than a few great strikes every season. He was better than Scott Robinson but that's about all I can say for him.

Livvyjambo

He's a player Levein decided not to develop for whatever reason, offer a paltry deal that he had to refuse do he could get us a development fee which should have been around the 250k mark minimum going by the Charlie telfer deal. To let him go for 85k is indefensible . For a lad so highly rated , several Scotland under 21 caps, must have been a 100 games for us why such a paltry price??

I would take it Levein felt the wrath of Mrs Budge and will not make the same mistake again.

the big show

I get that you're a Jason Holt fan but you're trying to defend the indefensible.

He was so bad yesterday that it's difficult to articulate.

Not being funny mate but some people on here really need a serious reality check . We really do need to bother about our own house 1st and foremost . Is this the same rangers team that we have hardly had any big strangle hold over or totally outplayed over the last 2 seasons anytime we have played yet all of a sudden they are gash ? is it the same Rangers team who dominated a celtic team in the 1st half this season and beat them  this season ? we had a 20 minute spell and how many times have we beat them ? ffs i could go on and on about different games regarding us and yes i have been there and many has been nothing but diabolical to say it politely yet here we are lambasting a guy for one bad game and all of sudden they are gash . To say it's double standards and a reality check is required is under playing it . ffs do these same people think it's MESSI , INIESTA , and co we have in midfield . ps i hate going over that HIBS game again but the fester road game we looked in a Messi lol .

Maroonblood22

He's a player Levein decided not to develop for whatever reason, offer a paltry deal that he had to refuse do he could get us a development fee which should have been around the 250k mark minimum going by the Charlie telfer deal. To let him go for 85k is indefensible . For a lad so highly rated , several Scotland under 21 caps, must have been a 100 games for us why such a paltry price??

I would take it Levein felt the wrath of Mrs Budge and will not make the same mistake again.

Hi Jase pal :)

Unknown user

Danny Wilson would be good back up.

Seem to remember him playing pretty well at left back...

Unknown user

Your mate's pish

Michael_Jackson

Just watched the highlights on youtube and I remember the County game now. That was one of my favourites that season now that I recall.

Pretty sure Holt came on at half time and scored a screamer.

You've just watched the highlights and yet your still only pretty sure he came on and scored a screamer :lol:

jack D and coke

Exactly the performance I expected of him. Never takes responsibility and just gets rid of the ball as quickly as he can. Nothing but wee safe 4-5 yard passes.

Rangers standards have fallen so much that they rate him highly IMO.

Someone else mentioned it that we used to sell our best to them. Now they sign our dross.

the big show

Your mate's pish

aye nae bother . By christ that carpet you and a few others keep lifting must be pretty cluttered with the amount pish that;s coming out you's . some would call it denial or hibs class  :beatnik2:

Unknown user

aye nae bother . By christ that carpet you and a few others keep lifting must be pretty cluttered with the amount pish that;s coming out you's . some would call it denial or hibs class :beatnik2:

You pish under your carpet?

He's played well in the championship against part time dross and then failed to show up on the big occassion. That was clear from his time at hearts, he can play well against sub-par opposition in meaningless games but when the chips are down he is nowhere to be seen.

File under Scott Robinson. Shite and not to be missed.

cosanostra

You've just watched the highlights and yet your still only pretty sure he came on and scored a screamer :lol:

5 minute highlights don't show substitutions. They're not usually regarded as highlights for some reason. Crazy, eh?

Maroonblood22

You pish under your carpet?

:lol: Reminded me of "You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

Unknown user

:lol: Reminded me of "You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

:lol: then I'm going to pretend I meant it to

Biggest pile of shite I've read in last 24 hours.

Take a bow as the competition was ferocious

Livvyjambo

Biggest pile of shite I've read in last 24 hours.

Take a bow as the competition was ferocious

So is 85k a good deal for us for this calibre if player that was at Hearts for 11 years

the big show

He's played well in the championship against part time dross and then failed to show up on the big occassion. That was clear from his time at hearts, he can play well against sub-par opposition in meaningless games but when the chips are down he is nowhere to be seen.

File under Scott Robinson. Shite and not to be missed.

i can fully understand a few opinions mate . But if we are going to form these opinions of players and there teams then how about we have at a look at our on it's not as if they have all been outstanding HAS IT ?. Now would you say that our own players or midfield have turned up on these big occasion's  because i can tell you this without trying to paper over any cracks and give a truly honest view which seems a bit naw from a few on here and call it delusion , denial what ever you want . i could count on one hand how many times our midfield players has turned up in big games over the last 2 years against Celtic , Rangers , Hibs , or Aberdeen .  HUH it reeks of double standards and there is a few needing to take the blinkers of . ffs i thought a couple of  our players had space boots on watching some these away games this season and i'm not being funny either . ffs And there is some on here that call them on . net deluded . huh it makes you wonder right enough .

cosanostra

So is 85k a good deal for us for this calibre if player that was at Hearts for 11 years

He was out of contract, he wasn't good enough for our first team and as he'd been a loyal player who'd served the club to the best of his limited abilities, our club were kind enough to allow him to leave for a reduced fee to a lower league club that could give him some first team action.

I think the fee was low but given the circumstances, it's understandable. 

cosanostra

i can fully understand a few opinions mate . But if we are going to form these opinions of players and there teams then how about we have at a look at our on it's not as if they have all been outstanding HAS IT ?. Now would you say that our own players or midfield have turned up on these big occasion's  because i can tell you this without trying to paper over any cracks and give a truly honest view which seems a bit naw from a few on here and call it delusion , denial what ever you want . i could count on one hand how many times our midfield players has turned up in big games over the last 2 years against Celtic , Rangers , Hibs , or Aberdeen .  HUH it reeks of double standards and there is a few needing to take the blinkers of . ffs i thought a couple of  our players had space boots on watching some these away games this season and i'm not being funny either . ffs And there is some on here that call them on . net deluded . huh it makes you wonder right enough .

Your posts are extremely difficult to understand so I'm not totally sure what you're trying to say. Is this about right?

"How can we say Jason Holt is shit when our midfielders are also shit?"

What do our current midfielders have to do with Jason Holt being shit? They are different subjects entirely.  He wasn't as good as Gomis in the Championship, who wasn't good enough for Hearts in the Premiership.

Our midfield is not great and we've been poor over the last couple of years in lots of big games but Holt wasn't good enough to oust the players that were in there. If he was, he'd have been playing in their place.

Not being funny mate but some people on here really need a serious reality check . We really do need to bother about our own house 1st and foremost . Is this the same rangers team that we have hardly had any big strangle hold over or totally outplayed over the last 2 seasons anytime we have played yet all of a sudden they are gash ? is it the same Rangers team who dominated a celtic team in the 1st half this season and beat them this season ? we had a 20 minute spell and how many times have we beat them ? ffs i could go on and on about different games regarding us and yes i have been there and many has been nothing but diabolical to say it politely yet here we are lambasting a guy for one bad game and all of sudden they are gash . To say it's double standards and a reality check is required is under playing it . ffs do these same people think it's MESSI , INIESTA , and co we have in midfield . ps i hate going over that HIBS game again but the fester road game we looked in a Messi lol .

Our record against Rangers since the reformation is P4 W2 L1 D1. Don't what point you are trying to make there.

cosanostra

Our record against Rangers since the reformation is P4 W2 L1 D1. Don't what point you are trying to make there.

His point seems to be that we're all being mean to Jason and he's unhappy with that because some of our midfielders are as bad as Jason but we're not being mean to them.

Hard to say for sure but that's what I'm getting from his posts.

He must not see the abuse that Cowie, Nicholson, Buaben and Gomis have gotten on here in the past.

You seem to be overlooking a rather pertinent point. He's shite.

If you don't believe me - watch that game again. He hid yesterday and I'd suggest his Rangers career might actually be over after that.

Neither OF side will accept utter shite like that

His point seems to be that we're all being mean to Jason and he's unhappy with that because some of our midfielders are as bad as Jason but we're not being mean to them.

Hard to say for sure but that's what I'm getting from his posts.

He must not see the abuse that Cowie, Nicholson, Buaben and Gomis have gotten on here in the past.

I recall some posts In the past which semmed to point out that either he or his son were friendly with Jason Holt so that could hav a lot to do with it.

Not being funny mate but some people on here really need a serious reality check . We really do need to bother about our own house 1st and foremost . Is this the same rangers team that we have hardly had any big strangle hold over or totally outplayed over the last 2 seasons anytime we have played yet all of a sudden they are gash ? is it the same Rangers team who dominated a celtic team in the 1st half this season and beat them  this season ? we had a 20 minute spell and how many times have we beat them ? ffs i could go on and on about different games regarding us and yes i have been there and many has been nothing but diabolical to say it politely yet here we are lambasting a guy for one bad game and all of sudden they are gash . To say it's double standards and a reality check is required is under playing it . ffs do these same people think it's MESSI , INIESTA , and co we have in midfield . ps i hate going over that HIBS game again but the fester road game we looked in a Messi oh dear, you really do talk some amount of rubbish IMO Holt was not good enough to get a regular game for us and, as shown yesterday, he still isn't

he was out of contract and we let him go for a reasonable amount so as not to hold his career back.

i can fully understand a few opinions mate . But if we are going to form these opinions of players and there teams then how about we have at a look at our on it's not as if they have all been outstanding HAS IT ?. Now would you say that our own players or midfield have turned up on these big occasion's because i can tell you this without trying to paper over any cracks and give a truly honest view which seems a bit naw from a few on here and call it delusion , denial what ever you want . i could count on one hand how many times our midfield players has turned up in big games over the last 2 years against Celtic , Rangers , Hibs , or Aberdeen . HUH it reeks of double standards and there is a few needing to take the blinkers of . ffs i thought a couple of our players had space boots on watching some these away games this season and i'm not being funny either . ffs And there is some on here that call them on . net deluded . huh it makes you wonder right enough .

You're slavering mate. Regardless of how our players have played or how good they are doesn't change the fact that Jason Holt is not good enough for a team looking to compete at the top end of the spfl.

Maybe you are right and we haven't brought in great players but it doesn't mean letting Holt go was an error.

Aside from that, I think it's fair to say most of our midfield are considerably better than Holt. In fact, by finishing 3rd this year they have all already achieved more in Scottish football than Holt has. Winning the Championship is probably the pinnacle of his career

the big show
Not being funny mate but some people on here really need a serious reality check . We really do need to bother about our own house 1st and foremost . Is this the same rangers team that we have hardly had any big strangle hold over or totally outplayed over the last 2 seasons anytime we have played yet all of a sudden they are gash ? is it the same Rangers team who dominated a celtic team in the 1st half this season and beat them  this season ? we had a 20 minute spell and how many times have we beat them ? ffs i could go on and on about different games regarding us and yes i have been there and many has been nothing but diabolical to say it politely yet here we are lambasting a guy for one bad game and all of sudden they are gash . To say it's double standards and a reality check is required is under playing it . ffs do these same people think it's MESSI , INIESTA , and co we have in midfield . ps i hate going over that HIBS game again but the fester road game we looked in a Messi oh dear, you really do talk some amount of rubbish IMO Holt was not good enough to get a regular game for us and, as shown yesterday, he still isn't

Were you at any of the games we played against hibs this year if you were then what are your thoughts ? huh and i would be amazed if you described them anything other than rubbish or shit and that goes for everyone of our midfield and team it was cringe . Then again ffs surely it could not be not being able to turn up on the big occasion ?

cosanostra

Were you at any of the games we played against hibs this year if you were then what are your thoughts ? huh and i would be amazed if you described them anything other than rubbish or shit and that goes for everyone of our midfield and team it was cringe . Then again ffs surely it could not be not being able to turn up on the big occasion ?

What does any of the above have to do with Jason Holt or this thread?

You're not making any sense. 

the big show

You're slavering mate. Regardless of how our players have played or how good they are doesn't change the fact that Jason Holt is not good enough for a team looking to compete at the top end of the spfl.

Maybe you are right and we haven't brought in great players but it doesn't mean letting Holt go was an error.

Aside from that, I think it's fair to say most of our midfield are considerably better than Holt. In fact, by finishing 3rd this year they have all already achieved more in Scottish football than Holt has. Winning the Championship is probably the pinnacle of his career

aye your right enough . 

the big show

What does any of the above have to do with Jason Holt or this thread?

You're not making any sense. 

How is not making any sense ? The guy has had a outstanding season ask any rangers fan , or go on follow follow , people on here are judging him on yesterdays game not this whole season . Yet when i point out some of the games some of our players have been rank rotten this year in big games it's the usual it's complete denial or change the subject or put it under the carpet.  maybe we should just take a wee bit closer to home rather than lambast a guy that has more than done well this season regardless if some think he is good enough for us or not . 

jack D and coke

Your posts are extremely difficult to understand so I'm not totally sure what you're trying to say. Is this about right?

"How can we say Jason Holt is shit when our midfielders are also shit?"

What do our current midfielders have to do with Jason Holt being shit? They are different subjects entirely. He wasn't as good as Gomis in the Championship, who wasn't good enough for Hearts in the Premiership.

Our midfield is not great and we've been poor over the last couple of years in lots of big games but Holt wasn't good enough to oust the players that were in there. If he was, he'd have been playing in their place.

This.

cosanostra

How is not making any sense ? The guy has had a outstanding season ask any rangers fan , or go on follow follow , people on here are judging him on yesterdays game not this whole season . Yet when i point out some of the games some of our players have been rank rotten this year in big games it's the usual it's complete denial or change the subject or put it under the carpet.  maybe we should just take a wee bit closer to home rather than lambast a guy that has more than done well this season regardless if some think he is good enough for us or not . 

Your posts make no sense as you don't seem to understand that Jason Holt being not good enough for Hearts is a different subject from the rest of our midfielders being not good enough. This thread is about Jason Holt. Why do you keep on pointing the finger at other players and saying "well what about them"? Can we please focus on Jason Holt? If you want to start a thread on our midfield then why don't you?

Do you only read Jason Holt threads or do you read other threads as well? This place is absolutely packed with threads criticising players who are not Jason Holt. I guess you must have missed them all.

Do you get all of your information on football from Rangers fans and Follow Follow? They talk shite, it's what they do. Of course they are going to talk up their player who played well against Alloa and Dumbarton. 

Why do you think people are basing their opinions on one game? He played plenty of games for us and was generally ineffective or below average in the vast majority of them. He failed at Hearts because he wasn't good enough. There's no conspiracy here. Finger pointing at other shit players isn't going to suddenly make Jason Holt a better player, is it?

Unknown user

So the argument now is "rangers fans say he's great"

Well hearts fans say he's shite - who loses to hibs in cup finals??

i wish jj was my dad

FWIW, I quite liked JH and would rather he had stayed but the bottom line was he knew he wasn't good enough to be a first pick in our midfield and chose to drop down the leagues and play with the new team rather than fight for his jersey.

I haven't paid too much attention to the championship this season so I'll take you at your word that he's had a good season but this needs to be put into perspective.  The opposition was hardly La Liga. 

stirlingshirejambo

How is not making any sense ? The guy has had a outstanding season ask any rangers fan , or go on follow follow , people on here are judging him on yesterdays game not this whole season . Yet when i point out some of the games some of our players have been rank rotten this year in big games it's the usual it's complete denial or change the subject or put it under the carpet. maybe we should just take a wee bit closer to home rather than lambast a guy that has more than done well this season regardless if some think he is good enough for us or not .

No I'm judging him on all the games I have watched this season

He's not good enough to do it in the top flight

Would struggle to even get on our bench

We have far stronger fitter faster more technical midfielders than him

File under championship standard

Unknown user

So the argument now is "rangers fans say he's great"

Well hearts fans say he's shite - who loses to hibs in cup finals??

I'll go further.

With Rangers bring promoted, I'm sauing Holt's yesterday's man, he'll be replaced in the team next season.

Wikipedia says he's made 32 starts since joining rangers - I'll go out on a limb and say he won't manage another 32 first team competitive starts in his rangers career.

I don't think Holt's anything special. However, people really need to watch the 'performance' of our midfielders against Hibs in the first game this season.

People in glass houses.

Livvyjambo

I'll go further.

With Rangers bring promoted, I'm sauing Holt's yesterday's man, he'll be replaced in the team next season.

Wikipedia says he's made 32 starts since joining rangers - I'll go out on a limb and say he won't manage another 32 first team competitive starts in his rangers career.

Yeh the won't fancy him having just given him a 3yr extension to his contract . Blinkered

cosanostra

I don't think Holt's anything special. However, people really need to watch the 'performance' of our midfielders against Hibs in the first game this season.

People in glass houses.

What impact will watching that game have on a discussion about a player who didn't even play in that game.

Our midfield is poor to average and needs massive improvement as it's a problem area. What does that have to do with this subject though?

Unknown user

Yeh the won't fancy him having just given him a 3yr extension to his contract . Blinkered

Blinkered by what?

I honestly don't care about him except that I hope his career's decent enough as he's an ex hearts player.

I just don't think he's good enough at football to be a first pick for rangers next season and he's not exactly shown me up yesterday has he?

Feel free to bookmark that post though

i wish jj was my dad

That hardly makes him unique.  They and their predecessors have a history of pissing away money on players they don't need.

Unknown user

[emoji38] I just checked - he got a one year extension to 2020, his previous one ran til 2019.

Maybe you should just give up now and admit it's not going well

Archived