US Elections 2016

JamboX2

niblick1874

Trump said he'd stop The TPP.

And? Is he all of a sudden a paragon of virtue. Next.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

And? Is he all of a sudden a paragon of virtue. Next.

No nibs, but he's very close to becoming President.

He'll have some fun at track 61.

Watt-Zeefuik

Do you know anything about the TPP, what's in it, who's behind it and how it came to pass? Add the TTIP and what do you have? This is not theory, it's fact. I'll bet you think it's a trade agreement don't you. 

Have no doubt, whoever gets elected will have no intention of doing anything about it. If they did they would get nowhere near the Whitehouse. 

Stop splashing about in puddles and go swim in the sea.

JamboX2 already provided a helpful explanation of the term.  It's not one that the anti-TPP movement uses on this side of the pond, hence my confusion.  Have a nice day.

Watt-Zeefuik

The political press are finally turning to the Congressional races, which will have a considerably bigger impact on policy than the Presidential race.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/democrats-are-looking-really-good-for-2016

In the Senate, where 1/3 of the chamber is up for election every 2 years, there's a chance for a very big swing from Republican to Democrat both because of what seats happen to be up for re-election and the unpopularity of Trump.

Nice to see the anti trump mob pepper spraying middle age and elderly women and young girls on their latest attempt to shut down freedom of assembly and speech.It's quite something that this is making trump and his followers look like the civilised ones.

How the decent and principled left like Bernie can't see that they are being hijacked by the same authoritarian lunatics that are consuming college campuses that also dominate movements like BLM is galling. Even though the idiot trump can't be trusted to denounce the dangerous groups that pledge support to him (KKK), Bernie should  take the principled stance of denouncing the aggression and incivility of these morons.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-trump-backers-criticism-clash-fire-pepper-stray-outside-anaheim-city-hall-20160426-story.html

niblick1874

Nice to see the anti trump mob pepper spraying middle age and elderly women and young girls on their latest attempt to shut down freedom of assembly and speech.It's quite something that this is making trump and his followers look like the civilised ones.

How the decent and principled left like Bernie can't see that they are being hijacked by the same authoritarian lunatics that are consuming college campuses that also dominate movements like BLM is galling. Even though the idiot trump can't be trusted to denounce the dangerous groups that pledge support to him (KKK), Bernie should  take the principled stance of denouncing the aggression and incivility of these morons.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-trump-backers-criticism-clash-fire-pepper-stray-outside-anaheim-city-hall-20160426-story.html

This, this, and this again. How can so many, and we are talking millions, be so removed from reality? They are being played in an obvious way. ******* morons.

This, this, and this again. How can so many, and we are talking millions, be so removed from reality? They are being played in an obvious way. ******* morons.

I presume by morons you are talking about 'my free speech not yours' mob consuming the left at the moment? There are numerous other examples of this if you aren't quite convinced.

niblick1874

I presume by morons you are talking about 'my free speech not yours' mob consuming the left at the moment? There are numerous other examples of this if you aren't quite convinced.

Yes I am, and not only am I very much aware of the many other examples, I also know the who and why. The ones behind it are not moronic, far from it unfortunately , it's the ones that are gong along with it not realizing they are playing right into the hands of those they think they are against that are the morons.

Edit. Bernie knows exactly what is going on, how can he not.

Edited by niblick1874

Watt-Zeefuik

So, curious, is the fact that the longest serving Republican Speaker of the House has been convicted of molesting children and sentenced to 15 months in prison made any news outside the US? Because it seems to be getting completely lost amidst the noise here.

So, curious, is the fact that the longest serving Republican Speaker of the House has been convicted of molesting children and sentenced to 15 months in prison made any news outside the US? Because it seems to be getting completely lost amidst the noise here.

Currently one of the top stories on BBC News app.

What's going happen if the Republicans don't pick Trump?.

niblick1874

Ah, your beloved MSM, the fountain of truth that will leave no stone unturned and will never withhold anything that will show the big picture.

And the band played believe it if you like.

The truth about the MSM  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct5L0nYrVqU then go watch Shadows of Liberty.

Some of us knew all about this a long time ago. The strange circumstances surrounding the way his path was cleared to get him to where he ended up, including very convenient deaths, were sending up red flags all over the place.

The tip of the iceberg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a31o6AfjJw

The way he got to where he did was as sordid as it gets, but as usual, it's just a whole lot of understandable circumstances, especially if you don't connect the dots. Even if you do and point them out, you are handed some tinfoil. Fools.

Wake up. 

Edited by niblick1874

Sawdust Caesar

From reading that article it would seem that both sides were at it.

Your post is the first I've heard about it.

Watt-Zeefuik

What's going happen if the Republicans don't pick Trump?.

If I knew the answer to that, I'd be on a plane to Vegas right now.

At this point unless Ted Cruz pulls about 30 rabbits out of other people's hats, I can't see it happening, but if it does, I think fistfights on the floor of the GOP convention are likely.

Clinton would also win in an even bigger landslide.  With Trump or without Trump, the GOP is at risk of tearing itself apart.

(I will respond to Niblick's vacuous arguments against straw men eventually, but it's the end of the academic term and I don't have the time at the moment.)

If I knew the answer to that, I'd be on a plane to Vegas right now.

At this point unless Ted Cruz pulls about 30 rabbits out of other people's hats, I can't see it happening, but if it does, I think fistfights on the floor of the GOP convention are likely.

Clinton would also win in an even bigger landslide. With Trump or without Trump, the GOP is at risk of tearing itself apart.

(I will respond to Niblick's vacuous arguments against straw men eventually, but it's the end of the academic term and I don't have the time at the moment.)

It seems from over here, that there might well be trouble on the Streets, I was just trying get some perspective from your good self.

Watt-Zeefuik

It seems from over here, that there might well be trouble on the Streets, I was just trying get some perspective from your good self.

I'd say the trouble in the streets would look much like it already does -- protests, counter-protests, and the occasional punch thrown between them.

As to some kind of mass movement with giant marches or riots, I don't think so -- Trump's supporters are, from what I can tell, those used to being associated with the establishment who are annoyed that they're losing influence, and taking to the streets would be too big a change in mindset for them.

All that said, it kind of depends on what Trump himself does.  If he runs as an independent (which I think he'd only do out of spite, because I don't think he could get ballot access in enough states to be competitive), I'm making popcorn as the GOP tears itself limb from limb.  If he doesn't run, I think you'd see some kind of splinter movement, or maybe a strong Libertarian candidate, but his candidacy really is a cult of personality and any Trump "movement" would fall apart without him at the middle of it.

The other part of it is that the GOP establishment doesn't really like Trump, but it likes him a hell of a lot better than Cruz.  Recently retired Speaker of the House Boehner had some pretty candid things to say at Stanford the other day: http://www.stanforddaily.com/2016/04/28/john-boehner-talks-election-time-in-office/  (To be clear it's Hastert, not Boehner, who's convicted of sexual child abuse.)

Watt-Zeefuik

(This is Boehner's comment on Cruz from the above article.  Remember, Boehner is as establishment GOP as you can get:)

Much of the discussion ? and laughs ? focused on Boehner?s views on the current presidential candidates. Segueing into the topic, Kennedy asked Boehner to be frank given that the event was not being broadcasted, and the former Speaker responded in kind. When specifically asked his opinions on Ted Cruz, Boehner made a face, drawing laughter from the crowd.

?Lucifer in the flesh,? the former Speaker said. ?I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.?

Boehner described other Republican candidates as friends. In particular, he said he has played golf with Donald Trump for years and that they were ?texting buddies.?
His friendship with Ohio Governor John Kasich, however, was a little more ambiguous.

?[Kasich] requires more effort on my behalf than all my other friends ? but he?s still my friend, and I love him,? Boehner said.

Boehner for the most part accepted Trump as the presumptive Republican nominee, though he did express his surprise at the candidate?s success. While he did not praise Trump?s policies, the former Speaker did say he would vote for Trump in the general election if he becomes the Republican nominee. He said he would not, however, vote for Cruz.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
godandgorgie2012, on 04 May 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

Ted Cruz drops out of the presidential race

Donald-Trump_zpsdxp9wiqg.jpg

J.T.F.Robertson

Potential leader of the "free world" after countless juvenile threats and comments.

Just watching him now, along with his family nodding away in the background, Jesus H.

Christ, he's now praising Ted, the guy who's dad he has just inferred was involved in the JFK assasination.

HTF did a moron like this manage to accumulate all that wealth? He sounds like someone just out of high school.

Never mind, everything is going to be "beautiful" under his leadership.

Don't know whether to laugh or greet. :(

Watt-Zeefuik

Potential leader of the "free world" after countless juvenile threats and comments.

Just watching him now, along with his family nodding away in the background, Jesus H.

Christ, he's now praising Ted, the guy who's dad he has just inferred was involved in the JFK assasination.

HTF did a moron like this manage to accumulate all that wealth? He sounds like someone just out of high school.

Never mind, everything is going to be "beautiful" under his leadership.

Don't know whether to laugh or greet. :(

His father made all his money for him, then handed him $1 mil as a young adult.  If Donald had put that money into an index fund and gone off and worked as a postal carrier, he'd be about three times as wealthy as he claims to be right now (and there's many who think he's not worth nearly as much as he says he is).

He's a pretty terrible businessman when it comes down to it, but he's really, really good at self-promotion.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Latest national polls have voters at Hillary 43% and Trump on 37% with the gap still narrowing. The next 6 months plus are going to be even worse than the past 6.

A juvenile fascist prick versus a corrupt arse. Marvelous.

Seymour M Hersh

The political press are finally turning to the Congressional races, which will have a considerably bigger impact on policy than the Presidential race.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/democrats-are-looking-really-good-for-2016

In the Senate, where 1/3 of the chamber is up for election every 2 years, there's a chance for a very big swing from Republican to Democrat both because of what seats happen to be up for re-election and the unpopularity of Trump.

Wishful thinking. He's pretty popular just not with the political elite and liberal media. 

I still maintain that Trump won't even see the nomination, never mind the presidency.

Despite the delegate votes, there's all kind of trickery available at the convention, including changing the rules of the convention during the convention.

There's a 3rd candidate out there somewhere.

Jambo-Jimbo

His father made all his money for him, then handed him $1 mil as a young adult.  If Donald had put that money into an index fund and gone off and worked as a postal carrier, he'd be about three times as wealthy as he claims to be right now (and there's many who think he's not worth nearly as much as he says he is).

He's a pretty terrible businessman when it comes down to it, but he's really, really good at self-promotion.

Who has been bankrupt twice, so I believe, yet people seem to have forgotten that and really think he's going to 'Make America Great Again' without saying just how he's going to manage that.

He says that he'll bring all of those American jobs back home from places such as China and the likes, well just how exactly is he going to force American companies to put American jobs first before profits?

And will American consumers be willing to pay much higher prices for those items, just because they are Made in America?

Maple Leaf

I still maintain that Trump won't even see the nomination, never mind the presidency.

Despite the delegate votes, there's all kind of trickery available at the convention, including changing the rules of the convention during the convention.

There's a 3rd candidate out there somewhere.

Wouldn't that mean that all the Primaries and Caucuses have been a sham?  Would the Republican elite really stoop that low in order to get one of their own into the Presidential election? Personally, I think that Trump has a better chance of winning than Mitt Romney ever did. 

A 3rd candidate?  Sarah Palin?  :nojustno:

Clear run for Trump as Kasich suspends his campaign for the Republican nomination.

Yowser!

Is Trump to be annointed then? Or do Cruz and Kasich know something we don't?

Trump comes across as a mentalist, but so did Cruz and I got the feeling Cruz really meant it!

Cruz is a ****ing mentalist. The world should breathe a sigh of relief in response to his withdrawal.

niblick1874

Again, people thinking that Trump is some kind of nutbar do not have the first idea of what is going on here. This is a pivotal point in history and those that are involved know it and are acting accordingly, they are no fools. For some, their eyes will be opened, for others, they will not even see the tie in between the people that are behind the agitators in black lives matter and those behind the agitators within the anti Trump demonstrations.

Watt-Zeefuik

Wishful thinking. He's pretty popular just not with the political elite and liberal media. 

Nope. 60% unfavorable nationally.  That's literally unheard of in the history of polling for a major party candidate.

And what's more, the GOP basically was never able to put a glove on him because of the ideological, wedge crap they've run on for two decades now.  Clinton's campaign won't have any such problem.

Watt-Zeefuik

Yowser!

Is Trump to be annointed then? Or do Cruz and Kasich know something we don't?

Trump's the nominee.  The GOP elite are all lining up to begrudgingly endorse him.  It's over.

Cruz is a ******* mentalist. The world should breathe a sigh of relief in response to his withdrawal.

Indeed. Cruz would actually be a worse president than Trump, which is kind of amazing.

Explain it to us then you enlightened genius.

It's very simple. Trump is both the only free-thinking candidate and the maverick who's not afraid to read the 28 pages but also just a tool who is part of a grander conspiracy to make a Clinton presidency acceptable to everyone.  This is blindingly obvious but only niblick can see it, who is so insightful he just needs to write "wake up" over and over again to make his point.

niblick1874

Explain it to us then you enlightened genius.

Soros and his open society foundations. From now on you can go look for yourself.

Yours

Enlightened genius.

niblick1874

Jamelle Bouie is one of the better writers going right now.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/05/donald_trump_isn_t_going_to_be_president.html

(Also, GEORGE SOROS!!!!   :rofl:)

You've not read about that in the Washington Times along with the proof? Well there's a surprise, not. It's all over the place.

Trump may become a good President, if given the chance.

You never know, could be the best thing to ever happen.

Watt-Zeefuik

You've not read about that in the Washington Times along with the proof? Well there's a surprise, not. It's all over the place.

Um, the Washington Times is a paper founded by the leader of a weird marriage cult.

George Soros is the US right's favorite boogieman for everything.  If something bad is happening in the world, someone on the right has figured out a way that Soros did it.  Really astounding.

niblick1874

Um, the Washington Times is a paper founded by the leader of a weird marriage cult.

George Soros is the US right's favorite boogieman for everything.  If something bad is happening in the world, someone on the right has figured out a way that Soros did it.  Really astounding.

And then there is the proof. You know, the facts. Are they to be ignored because of you not knowing them?