US Elections 2016

JamboX2

Watt-Zeefuik

And then there is the proof. You know, the facts. Are they to be ignored because of you not knowing them?

Right. Black Lives Matter is a paid stunt.  And the "proof" is that Soros gave them some money.  People in Ferguson actually weren't at all angry that an unarmed teenager who was going to college was shot dead in the streets then left to rot in the middle of the street for four hours while the police joked and insulted his relatives. 

(And all these years I've been going to protests, I could have been getting paid for it as a "professional agitator.")

Here's the reason I treat you as ridiculous and asinine and deluded -- it's the kindest interpretation I have for you.  If you aren't actually a conspiracy-addled tinfoil hat dunce and you think Black Lives Matter is nothing but a paid stunt by a hedge fund manager and not the honest expression of rage and a cry for justice from one of the US's most historically oppressed populations, then you're a horrible, soulless, heartless, evil human being.  An absolute dunce is the nicest thing you can be -- I hope for your sake that all you are is a soft-headed soul overly impressed by weird conspiracy theories.  

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

Watt-Zeefuik

so Trump's part of a massive conspiracy to get Hillary elected?

:cornette:

Not sure -- a few weeks ago he was, but before then he was the brave hero who was going to uncover the conspiracy.  It's hard to keep up.

The Real Maroonblood

Trump may become a good President, if given the chance.

You never know, could be the best thing to ever happen.

As long he doesn't get a hold of the nuclear strike codes. Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Fxxx the SPFL

As long he doesn't get a hold of the nuclear strike codes.

a dangerous man with some of his rhetoric during the campaign wouldn't surprise me if he is involved in a fatal accident !!!!!

niblick1874

It doesn't matter who wins now as UA has put the most fantastic slap down post on this thread.

Yep so he did. Just ignored the facts as usual and on and on he went.

And that, coming from someone that thinks Clinton is not a monster.

Edited by niblick1874

Ian Beale

Yep so he did. Just ignored the facts as usual and on and on he went.

And that, coming from someone that thinks Clinton is not a monster.

I always enjoyed Clinton's speech when discussing landing in Bosnia during the war

she had to duck for the sniper fire etc .

I believe its on Youtube (the real events that is)

niblick1874

I always enjoyed Clinton's speech when discussing landing in Bosnia during the war

she had to duck for the sniper fire etc .

I believe its on Youtube (the real events that is)

Yes it is. She is a pathological liar and if someone doesn't know that, or refuses to admit it, there opinion (and that is all it is) is worthless, especially when all they have is insults

Edited by niblick1874

maroonlegions

If anyone thinks that Hillary Clinton is a better choice that Trump then  think again.What can one  make of this Wikileaks document showing that she supported an aggressive stance on the Syrian regime as did the administration of Obama..  

She is a cold bloodied psychopath and while  Trump is a fecking lunatic the world is going to enter a very volatile  and dangerous  time with either  one of these two lunatics in power..   

Clinton-Syria-destruction.jpg?w=800

A newly-released Hilary Clinton email confirmed that the Obama administration has deliberately provoked the civil war in Syria as the ?best way to help Israel.?

In an indication of her murderous and psychopathic nature, Clinton also wrote that it was the ?right thing? to personally threaten Bashar Assad?s family with death. :beatnik2: 

In the email, released by Wikileaks, then Secretary of State Clinton says that the ?best way to help Israel? is to ?use force? in Syria to overthrow the government.

The document was one of many unclassified by the US Department of State under case number F-2014-20439, Doc No. C05794498, following the uproar over Clinton?s private email server kept at her house while she served as Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013.

Although the Wikileaks transcript dates the email as December 31, 2000, this is an error on their part, as the contents of the email (in particular the reference to May 2012 talks between Iran and the west over its nuclear program in Istanbul) show that the email was in fact sent on December 31, 2012.

The email makes it clear that it has been US policy from the very beginning to violently overthrow the Syrian government?and specifically to do this because it is in Israel?s interests.

Clintons e-mail below;

C05794498-1.jpg?resize=730%2C537

link; https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328#efmADMAFf

Edited by maroonlegions

niblick1874

If anyone thinks that Hillary Clinton is a better choice that Trump then  think again.What can one  make of this Wikileaks document showing that she supported an aggressive stance on the Syrian regime as did the administration of Obama..  

She is a cold bloodied psychopath and while  Trump is a fecking lunatic the world is going to enter a very volatile  and dangerous  time with either  one of these two lunatics in power..   

A newly-released Hilary Clinton email confirmed that the Obama administration has deliberately provoked the civil war in Syria as the ?best way to help Israel.?

In an indication of her murderous and psychopathic nature, Clinton also wrote that it was the ?right thing? to personally threaten Bashar Assad?s family with death. :beatnik2: 

In the email, released by Wikileaks, then Secretary of State Clinton says that the ?best way to help Israel? is to ?use force? in Syria to overthrow the government.

The document was one of many unclassified by the US Department of State under case number F-2014-20439, Doc No. C05794498, following the uproar over Clinton?s private email server kept at her house while she served as Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013.

Although the Wikileaks transcript dates the email as December 31, 2000, this is an error on their part, as the contents of the email (in particular the reference to May 2012 talks between Iran and the west over its nuclear program in Istanbul) show that the email was in fact sent on December 31, 2012.

The email makes it clear that it has been US policy from the very beginning to violently overthrow the Syrian government?and specifically to do this because it is in Israel?s interests.

Clintons e-mail below;

Good post.

We cold fill page after page with proof of what she is and some would still use insults aimed at the poster to distract from the facts.

maroonlegions

Excellent it's the tinfoil backslappers.

Facts and conjecture are 2 very different things.

12924555_1190415714304128_42806775706848

:laugh4:

Who would trust Wikileaks eh.. :laugh4:

niblick1874

Yes they are different but time after time many have come on here and said the same thing about Clinton, and the likes of you, knowing nothing about it, spout insults at the ones that have taken time out to find out the facts then tell others about them.

Go look, because you are not coming over well to those that know the facts and there are many that have come on here telling everyone the truth. 

maroonlegions

:sleeping2:

There is only one backslapper here mate, :laugh4: tinfoil conjecture and tinfoil facts are 2 very different things :laugh4: , we are all entitled to our opinions but you keep up with the name calling , very mature eh, :laugh4:  seems its you who always reverts to  the name calling... :laugh4:

12670527_1188016154544084_81498181296570

:jjyay:

maroonlegions

The US elections are like a comedy series, two main actors and a  audience being fed by a  media frenzy orgy..

Governments are corrupt , the age of social media and the information it manifests is the primary reason why the corruption or suspicion of it is more in the public eye.

The tinfoil fact is that we have two known nasty individuals running for the presidency of the most powerful nation on earth and i for one see it as a means to an end of those corrupt  sources to further the agenda of complete surveillance and control of America and the middle east.

Corporations are clearly influencing polices and pumping big bucks into those that serve them, that is behind the scenes.

Transparency is needed on  all political polices that are broken after elections are won  and by those who make them but its manifestation in the political cancerous circus is slowly waxing and waning through the  medium of social media and individuals like Snowden ,Julian  Assange and Anonymous.. :beatnik2:

Tinfoil hat  or not something is manifesting  in regards to political and financial  global corruption. :beatnik2:  

13015422_1193338110678555_29459922728533

12938276_1190938160918550_77287679734215

:beatnik2:

Edited by maroonlegions

Watt-Zeefuik

Yes it is. She is a pathological liar and if someone doesn't know that, or refuses to admit it, there opinion (and that is all it is) is worthless, especially when all they have is insults

You referenced absolutely disgraceful shit about Black Lives Matter.  You deserved to be insulted.  Clinton's support of the resistance against Assad (which was widespread in both US parties and in the US public, unfortunately) is an actual, real criticism based on non-circumstantial evidence and actual critical thought.  I disagree with maroonlegion's anarchist tendencies (and I mean that not as an insult -- I have a substantial number of friends with the same leanings, I just disagree on a pragmatic level), and with his snarky Guy Fawkes crap, but at least he occasionally discusses things that are based in reality and does not simply regurgitate crap spun up by the most corporate-friendly media sources in the country and declare it the only source of free thought.

Maple Leaf

I think everyone is aware that the Presidential election is now between two dodgy characters, and the Americans are as aware of this as anyone.

There's no point in banging on about it, we get it.  The American electorate has to decide which is the lesser of two evils, and good luck to them.  I'm glad it's not me that has to make that choice.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Soooo, getting away from the fact that everything is a conspiracy, who is the Trumpet going to choose as his running mate? Palin?

alwaysthereinspirit

Right. Black Lives Matter is a paid stunt.  And the "proof" is that Soros gave them some money.  People in Ferguson actually weren't at all angry that an unarmed teenager who was going to college was shot dead in the streets then left to rot in the middle of the street for four hours while the police joked and insulted his relatives. 

(And all these years I've been going to protests, I could have been getting paid for it as a "professional agitator.")

Here's the reason I treat you as ridiculous and asinine and deluded -- it's the kindest interpretation I have for you.  If you aren't actually a conspiracy-addled tinfoil hat dunce and you think Black Lives Matter is nothing but a paid stunt by a hedge fund manager and not the honest expression of rage and a cry for justice from one of the US's most historically oppressed populations, then you're a horrible, soulless, heartless, evil human being.  An absolute dunce is the nicest thing you can be -- I hope for your sake that all you are is a soft-headed soul overly impressed by weird conspiracy theories.

Have you seen Michael Browns college acceptance letter? Have you seen the in-store surveillance video just prior to him being shot?

Have you read the witness reports? Real witnesses. All African Americans who told the truth.

Not the witness reports from people not even there who somehow witnessed him laying on his belly and being shot in the back 4 times. The fact he had no entrance wounds in his back doesn't matter I guess. There was definitely agitators in Ferguson looking to start trouble. Not all were but some were.

alwaysthereinspirit

Soooo, getting away from the fact that everything is a conspiracy, who is the Trumpet going to choose as his running mate? Palin?

I think he'll go with a tried and tested politician. Someone who can walk him (slowly) through the process. A name.

Watt-Zeefuik

Have you seen Michael Browns college acceptance letter? Have you seen the in-store surveillance video just prior to him being shot?

Have you read the witness reports? Real witnesses. All African Americans who told the truth.

Not the witness reports from people not even there who somehow witnessed him laying on his belly and being shot in the back 4 times. The fact he had no entrance wounds in his back doesn't matter I guess. There was definitely agitators in Ferguson looking to start trouble. Not all were but some were.

Oh FFS not another one.

The generally accepted punishment for petty larceny is not summary execution.  What people who forward this "thug" slur for victims of police violence don't seem to realize that they're only digging themselves deeper in a hole.  I confess -- I stole a pack of chewing gum from a convenience store once when I was 12, but no one suggested the police come out and shoot me on the spot.

"There was definitely agitators in Ferguson" like there are in any damn city on any side of the political spectrum.  Seriously, people should be embarrassed to say this stuff out loud.

Excessive police violence towards African-Americans is endemic in the US across city boundaries and state lines, and where it differs can often be traced directly to compromised departmental culture.  The attempt to make this about something other than police brutality in the face of multiple mountain ranges worth of evidence infuriates the f--- out of me.

Watt-Zeefuik

(I suppose I shouldn't be too shocked considering the crap that got posted here in the face of the Hillsborough verdict but I guess I still am.)

Ian Beale

Clintons e-mail below;

For me Trump is the lesser of the two evils .

Ibrahim Tall

Oh FFS not another one.

The generally accepted punishment for petty larceny is not summary execution.  What people who forward this "thug" slur for victims of police violence don't seem to realize that they're only digging themselves deeper in a hole.  I confess -- I stole a pack of chewing gum from a convenience store once when I was 12, but no one suggested the police come out and shoot me on the spot.

"There was definitely agitators in Ferguson" like there are in any damn city on any side of the political spectrum.  Seriously, people should be embarrassed to say this stuff out loud.

Excessive police violence towards African-Americans is endemic in the US across city boundaries and state lines, and where it differs can often be traced directly to compromised departmental culture.  The attempt to make this about something other than police brutality in the face of multiple mountain ranges worth of evidence infuriates the f--- out of me.

Not even going to get involved in the execution aspect but this hardly comparable with stealing chewing gum as a 12 year old.

video-undefined-208DF57F00000578-437_636

Maple Leaf

It's pretty much the same with police forces in and around Toronto, although the victims aren't just in the Black community.  There is an element in the police here that feel they can act with impunity, and that includes shooting citizens because they're holding a hammer, or a knife, or a pair of scissors.  Then they and their colleagues lie under oath and get away with it.

In a recent case, three cops answered a call about a domestic dispute, and the door was opened by a young man holding a knife.  The three cops opened fire like a group of drunken cowboys, firing 19 times, hitting the man eleven times and killing him.  One of the cops was also hit by a bullet, but saved by his bullet-proof vest, and a woman standing in her kitchen in a nearby home was shot in the back.

An internal police investigation cleared the cops of any wrong-doing or negligence.  Case closed.

Watt-Zeefuik

Not even going to get involved in the execution aspect but this hardly comparable with stealing chewing gum as a 12 year old.

video-undefined-208DF57F00000578-437_636

What, because they were cigarillos? And selling untaxed cigarettes on the streets of New York would also justify lethal force?

And then we get to Sandra Bland. And Sean Bell. And Amadou Dialo.  And Tamir Rice.  And Treyvon Martin.  And Carlos Riley.  And Jesus Huerta. And Freddie Gray.  And hell, Rodney freaking King.

I guess it's true -- if you focus enough on the minutia of any one case, you really can manage to insulate yourself from the bigger picture, particularly when the bigger picture is screaming something you really don't want to hear at you.

Ibrahim Tall

What, because they were cigarillos? And selling untaxed cigarettes on the streets of New York would also justify lethal force?

And then we get to Sandra Bland. And Sean Bell. And Amadou Dialo.  And Tamir Rice.  And Treyvon Martin.  And Carlos Riley.  And Jesus Huerta. And Freddie Gray.  And hell, Rodney freaking King.

I guess it's true -- if you focus enough on the minutia of any one case, you really can manage to insulate yourself from the bigger picture, particularly when the bigger picture is screaming something you really don't want to hear at you.

Did you miss the point where I said I wasn't debating the 'execution'?

I'm not defending either the police or his shooting, it's just completely laughable to compare him or the incident with a 12 year shoplifting a packet of gum.

maroonlegions

Political and financial corruptions are now facing a new resistance and one that is not going away.  :laugh4:

The pesh takers may laugh and ridicule but it matters not.

Corruption existed of course in the political and financial  institutions   way before the medium of social media and the internet came into play but the point is the head in the sand stance is beginning  to lose  effect, having a conscience about  the corruption by those who rule us  is becoming fashionable ..  :laugh4:

Those that do not trust global institutionalised  political and financial institutions are growing but you will not find it after Eastenders or on the news.. :laugh4:

The rant of a loony tinfoil hat jambo or a rant from a very concerned  citizen..  either way i dont give a feck...

Those that defend the status quo of the political and financial institutions do so out of what they are ALLOWED to know through the media.

934159_1174942735851426_5421661811710842

12803253_1178282572184109_27216053582277

:laugh4:  :laugh4:

1235533_1173959835949716_102137693026844

:beatnik2:

Is there any real polices in regards to Trumps and Clintons political standings on this.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @HackRead

Edited by maroonlegions

Watt-Zeefuik

Did you miss the point where I said I wasn't debating the 'execution'?

I'm not defending either the police or his shooting, it's just completely laughable to compare him or the incident with a 12 year shoplifting a packet of gum.

Brown's theft of the cigarillos has been used in many quarters to justify Wilson's behavior.  The same folk are eager to point out that if Wilson was merely responding to Brown's somewhat threatening actions while ignoring the fact that Wilson opened the interaction by yelling obscenities at two men who, for all he knew, were only walking in the middle of the street.

All of this is getting far off the topic of US elections, which all goes to niblick bringing up the crap the Washington Times makes up about George Soros as the evil mastermind behind everything including BLM.  (It's also ironic that maroonlegions continues to come to his defence proclaiming evils of oppressive government, without apparently realizing that what niblick is doing is delegitimizing a police resistance movement.)

Watt-Zeefuik

934159_1174942735851426_5421661811710842

So do you, like, actually do anything about this other than post gigantic gifs of Guy Fawkes masks on JKB?  Do you organize direct actions?  Do teach-ins?  Assist in reports on government action?  Go to local organizing meetings?  Organize non-corporate economic entities?

Do you at least contribute to FoH?

alwaysthereinspirit

Oh FFS not another one.

He wasn't executed. You made that up. There are no mountain ranges of evidence stating he was. You made that up. Stealing cigarettes isn't the story in the video, the assault is. But then you knew that already. You know from the real mountain ranges of evidence that he went after the cop. Doesn't fit your script though does it. The truth I mean. Obviously a man died for pretty much nothing and its sad but what happened that day easily could have been so much different.

Watt-Zeefuik

He wasn't executed. You made that up. There are no mountain ranges of evidence stating he was. You made that up. Stealing cigarettes isn't the story in the video, the assault is. But then you knew that already. You know from the real mountain ranges of evidence that he went after the cop. Doesn't fit your script though does it. The truth I mean. Obviously a man died for pretty much nothing and its sad but what happened that day easily could have been so much different.

The mountains of evidence refers to the effects of institutional racism, racial profiling, excessive enforcement, prosecutorial misconduct, and police brutality in the US.  But again, if you focus on the minutia long enough, you can ignore all that and talk about the death of an 18 year old in an incident where neither party behaved well.

I'm aware of the complexities of the case.  That doesn't change the fact that Darren Wilson and the Ferguson PD acted inappropriately on multiple occasions in multiple ways that led to Brown's death, and that an entire political cottage industry exists to continuously deflect attention from that.

Michael Brown stole cigarillos, pushed a clerk, jaywalked, and talked back to a cop.  He may or may not have instigated a physical altercation with Wilson.  He's dead at the hands of a police officer, with his last words apparently, "I don't have a gun!  I don't . . ."

Dylan Roof murdered nine people in cold blood in an explicitly racist killing spree.  The arresting police officer bought him dinner at Burger King.

And to top it all off, niblick is on here asserting that BLM is the product of agitators paid by George Soros.

Trump's the nominee.  The GOP elite are all lining up to begrudgingly endorse him.  It's over.

Indeed. Cruz would actually be a worse president than Trump, which is kind of amazing.

It's very simple. Trump is both the only free-thinking candidate and the maverick who's not afraid to read the 28 pages but also just a tool who is part of a grander conspiracy to make a Clinton presidency acceptable to everyone.  This is blindingly obvious but only niblick can see it, who is so insightful he just needs to write "wake up" over and over again to make his point.

It seems that Trump is the most socially liberal of the GOP candidates? (Apart from the immigrants and wall nonsense, obviously)

Who would want to be his running-mate?

Any word on who Hillary will pick? Will she ask Bernie?

Watt-Zeefuik

It seems that Trump is the most socially liberal of the GOP candidates? (Apart from the immigrants and wall nonsense, obviously)

Who would want to be his running-mate?

Any word on who Hillary will pick? Will she ask Bernie?

I'd say that first bit is arguable.  His antipathy toward women is pretty constantly on display.  He's okay on LGBT issues but mostly because he doesn't seem to care.  I'm pretty sure some GOP Governor or Senator with more ambition than conscience will be happy to step up at some point,  Chris Christie has been talked about -- I think that's unlikely but I guess it could happen.

Everyone's reading tea leaves when it comes to Hillary.  I don't think Bernie wants the job, and I don't think it would be a good partnership.  I hope he drives a hard bargain and gets either a good cabinet appointment or chair of the Democratic National Committee or some such.  Virginia Senator Tim Kaine probably is the most talked about.  Minnesota Senator and former Saturday Night Live writer and comedian Al Franken is my favorite suggestion, simply because he can go toe-to-toe with Trump on the petty name calling but be funnier than him, which would let Clinton stay above the nonsense.

Cheers, U.A.

I get the impression that the GOP are reaping what they have sown over the last couple of decades.

Edit to add: May I ask - what are the requirements to be picked as VP running-mate? Do you have to be a senator or governor? Can a congressman or just any John Doe be picked?

Edited by FWJ

niblick1874

So I point out that people are beginning to see threw the bull such as there were paid agitators In the crowds of black lives mater and who they were paid by and UA turns it into me saying that what the black lives matter are doing it wrong. Your mask is slipping UA.

Edited by niblick1874

niblick1874

So I point out that people are beginning to see threw the bull such as there were paid agitators In the crowds of black lives mater and who they were paid by and UA turns it into me saying that what the black lives matter are doing it wrong. Your mask is slipping UA. PS just because you get upset at what others say does not give you the right to insult posters on here. Have a word with yourself because it is no bodies fault but yours that you can't control your emotions.

Edited by niblick1874

Watt-Zeefuik

So I point out that people are beginning to see threw the bull such as there were paid agitators In the crowds of black lives mater and who they were paid by and UA turns it into me saying that what the black lives matter are doing it wrong. Your mask is slipping UA.

Just what f---ing mask do you think I'm wearing?  Yeah, I'm real reserved about sharing my thoughts. 

JW

EDIT: a journal article which is highly relevant to this thread:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0153419

"Misperceiving Bullshit as Profound Is Associated with Favorable Views of Cruz, Rubio, Trump and Conservatism"

Edited by Ugly American

Watt-Zeefuik

Cheers, U.A.

I get the impression that the GOP are reaping what they have sown over the last couple of decades.

Edit to add: May I ask - what are the requirements to be picked as VP running-mate? Do you have to be a senator or governor? Can a congressman or just any John Doe be picked?

I certainly think so, and particularly during the Obama Presidency.  They've been continually saying they're going to do things like repeal Obamacare, which was quite obviously never going to happen, and now a good half of their core voters don't believe anything they say anymore.  Instead, it's all rage and accusation, which they've been peddling on Fox News and talk radio for 25 years, but guys like Murdoch wanted to keep a tight lid on where it went to make sure it supported the plutocrats properly.  Trump has done an end-around on all of that, and they're flailing for what to do now.

Requirements for VP are the same as President (35 years old, I think, plus some odd Constitutional requirements that may or may not require you to have been born on US soil, depending on whom you ask).  So, technically they could pick me.  For Trump, though, there will be some pressure to get an elected official to overcome his lack of experience.  I also imagine Congressional leaders will want someone they trust in the VP seat to keep an eye on him, and will push him to pick a known quantity.  Hence, the thought it'll be a governor or senator.

niblick1874

Just what f---ing mask do you think I'm wearing?  Yeah, I'm real reserved about sharing my thoughts. 

JW

EDIT: a journal article which is highly relevant to this thread:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0153419

"Misperceiving Bullshit as Profound Is Associated with Favorable Views of Cruz, Rubio, Trump and Conservatism"

I am so removed from Conservatism it's not funny. Again you misrepresent me, but whether you mean to or not it makes not a jot of difference to the point that you think there is a difference between Democrat and Republican when it comes down to where it matters. That right there tells it's own story.

Watt-Zeefuik

I am so removed from Conservatism it's not funny. Again you misrepresent me, but whether you mean to or not it makes not a jot of difference to the point that you think there is a difference between Democrat and Republican when it comes down to where it matters. That right there tells it's own story.

If you're removed from Conservatism, I would strongly encourage you to look into the historical ownership, the editorial stance, the political connections, and the general bent of the Washington Times before posting what they report as "proof" of anything.  Know your sources.  Know their biases.  A bias doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong, but it helps sort out the substance from the spin.

As to misrepresenting you, it's hard to represent you accurately when the main thrust of everything you post is that everything everyone else thinks is wrong and you're the only one with the Truth, a Truth you still have yet to bother to share in any great measure.  (Except that the Truth is obvious if we would all "wake up," which is frankly what everyone of every political stripe says on social media, but seems particularly bad among the objectivists, who are the absolute worst.)

As for me, what distinguishes us is not that I think the Democratic party is some kind of uncompromised bastion of truth and light.  The difference is I think it is a dramatically less compromised party than the Republican party.  I base this on a lifetime of living with the consequences of each party's policies.  Continuing to post endless references to Clinton's militaristic global interventionism does nothing to distinguish your politics from mine or argue substantively against my positions.  My main concern with the Trump phenomenon is not so much the White House -- it's a big concern and a Trump Presidency would be a fiasco, but the world survived the Bush administration (barely), it would survive a Trump administration, although the dysfunction in Washington would likely hit dangerous levels.  No, my main concern with a Trump administration is what it would do to local party dynamics, particularly in North Carolina, where a national Trump implosion might drag down the reactionaries there that have taken over the state government and are driving my home state off a cliff.  You want to know the company I keep -- google "moral mondays" and you'll get the sense of what all of my politically active friends back in NC are doing.

niblick1874

You've not read about that in the Washington Times along with the proof? Well there's a surprise, not. It's all over the place.

If you're removed from Conservatism, I would strongly encourage you to look into the historical ownership, the editorial stance, the political connections, and the general bent of the Washington Times before posting what they report as "proof" of anything.  Know your sources.  Know their biases.  A bias doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong, but it helps sort out the substance from the spin.

See the bit where I say it's all over the place in the post above, did you miss that. I don't think you did. Instead I think you chose to ignore it and muddy the waters.

As to misrepresenting you, it's hard to represent you accurately when the main thrust of everything you post is that everything everyone else thinks is wrong and you're the only one with the Truth, a Truth you still have yet to bother to share in any great measure.  (Except that the Truth is obvious if we would all "wake up," which is frankly what everyone of every political stripe says on social media, but seems particularly bad among the objectivists, who are the absolute worst.)

I am no where near the only one on this thread that Is saying what I am. again you are making it up as you go along. 

As for me, what distinguishes us is not that I think the Democratic party is some kind of uncompromised bastion of truth and light.  The difference is I think it is a dramatically less compromised party than the Republican party.  I base this on a lifetime of living with the consequences of each party's policies.  Continuing to post endless references to Clinton's militaristic global interventionism does nothing to distinguish your politics from mine or argue substantively against my positions.  My main concern with the Trump phenomenon is not so much the White House -- it's a big concern and a Trump Presidency would be a fiasco, but the world survived the Bush administration (barely), it would survive a Trump administration, although the dysfunction in Washington would likely hit dangerous levels.  No, my main concern with a Trump administration is what it would do to local party dynamics, particularly in North Carolina, where a national Trump implosion might drag down the reactionaries there that have taken over the state government and are driving my home state off a cliff.  You want to know the company I keep -- google "moral mondays" and you'll get the sense of what all of my politically active friends back in NC are doing.

For goodness sake, What the Obama administration did concerning the TPP should have told you that they are all one and the same. If you can't see that , you have no clue. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Yes, quite, it's "all over the place."  It's also on Fox News, on Breitbart, on the Daily Caller, on the NY Post, on Drudge, on WorldNetDaily . . . again, I encourage you to look into the ownership groups and editorial bents of all of those.  Did you happen to know that the standard critique of "mainstream media" (or "MSM") was largely put into widespread circulation by Rush Limbaugh?  Certainly corporate-owned media have been a problem for a while, but I fear you're running the wrong direction if you're trying to get away from it.

It may shock you to know this, but there is public policy beyond the TPP, as important (and problematic) as that is.  It might also shock you to know that a lot of us have been doing what we can to try to reverse the neoliberal drift in the Democratic party for decades.  You might also note that the Moral Mondays movement that I tried to direct you to, while it is primarily in protest of the Republican McCrory administration and the reactionaries he carries water for, has expressly refused to directly associate with the Democratic party, largely because the Democratic party is hardly blameless in the current mess.

Watt-Zeefuik

Cheers, U.A.

Just read an article about Norm Ornstein, a political scientist who said Trump was the real thing last summer (when I was saying he'd never be the nominee):

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/6/11598838/donald-trump-predictions-norm-ornstein

Basically saying exactly what you say.  They made this bed, now they have to lie in it.

niblick1874

Ah, your beloved MSM, the fountain of truth that will leave no stone unturned and will never withhold anything that will show the big picture.

And the band played believe it if you like.

The truth about the MSM  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct5L0nYrVqU then go watch Shadows of Liberty.

Yes, quite, it's "all over the place."  It's also on Fox News, on Breitbart, on the Daily Caller, on the NY Post, on Drudge, on WorldNetDaily . . . again, I encourage you to look into the ownership groups and editorial bents of all of those.  Did you happen to know that the standard critique of "mainstream media" (or "MSM") was largely put into widespread circulation by Rush Limbaugh?  Certainly corporate-owned media have been a problem for a while, but I fear you're running the wrong direction if you're trying to get away from it.

What in the name of the wee man are you on about? I lay it on a plate for you and you come back with Rush Limbaugh? I see what you see, it's all around me. How can I not, and besides, I need to know why some are thinking the way they are. If you in any shape or form think I do not know about the agenda of where I get my information you are greatly mistaken and your condescending manner says more about you than anything else. I see it all and look at the facts where as you screw your eyes shut, stick your fingers in your ears, and hum somewhere over the rainbow.

It may shock you to know this, but there is public policy beyond the TPP, as important (and problematic) as that is.  It might also shock you to know that a lot of us have been doing what we can to try to reverse the neoliberal drift in the Democratic party for decades.  You might also note that the Moral Mondays movement that I tried to direct you to, while it is primarily in protest of the Republican McCrory administration and the reactionaries he carries water for, has expressly refused to directly associate with the Democratic party, largely because the Democratic party is hardly blameless in the current mess.

NAFTA was Clinton with Bush as head chair leader. The TPP, Obama. Two of the worst if not the worst treasonous actions perpetrated on America in it's history. Think about that.

Watt-Zeefuik

So, niblick, let's be up front about this.  You've forwarded the Washington Times, the official cheerleader of Reaganism, as a trustworthy news source. What other sources do you deem not under the control of the global puppetmasters?  Specific names, now, not vague statements.

NAFTA was Clinton with Bush as head chair leader. The TPP, Obama. Two of the worst if not the worst treasonous actions perpetrated on America in it's history. Think about that.

This is quite the statement.  It indicates you're not terribly familiar with American history.  I live in Richmond -- that thing in the 1860s was kind of a big deal.

EDIT: This is a nice little piece on some local history that can be helpful with statements like these.  http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/04/virginia-felon-disenfranchisement/480072/

Edited by Ugly American