The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

weehammy
On 21/11/2020 at 05:13, iantjambo said:

We’ve got the grandkids for the weekend. The grandson (2 years old) has woke up upset. He won’t go back to sleep without granddad cuddles. 
I’m now sat with him on the couch, cuddled in and he’s dozing off.

I know it’s cheesy. But I absolutely adore these moments.

Wow - a woke two year old!

:vrface:
They’re starting younger these days!

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Helzibob

• iantjambo

• superjack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iantjambo
10 hours ago, weehammy said:

Wow - a woke two year old!

:vrface:
They’re starting younger these days!

Give me a break. It was early :lol:

Salad Fingers

We are in the process of implementing a new system in work. We needed a lot of information to go onto it but there was guidance to say that a lot of specific information was NOT to be added right now and a decision would be made in July. I was asked if I had put the specific information on the system, to which I replied no you weren't to until the decision was made in July, I even forwarded the guidance to them. This was overruled by management and I then had to put it all on, which took at least a week. 

I was in a meeting yesterday and someone mentioned that a decision had not yet been made with regards to that specific information. I relayed this back to the management who are now chasing their tails wondering who they can blame. It won't be me as I managed to retrieve the email conversation where I challenged it and was overruled, which I have put on the back-burner for any subsequent meetings.  

All very :pleasing:I must say. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

We are in the process of implementing a new system in work. We needed a lot of information to go onto it but there was guidance to say that a lot of specific information was NOT to be added right now and a decision would be made in July. I was asked if I had put the specific information on the system, to which I replied no you weren't to until the decision was made in July, I even forwarded the guidance to them. This was overruled by management and I then had to put it all on, which took at least a week. 

I was in a meeting yesterday and someone mentioned that a decision had not yet been made with regards to that specific information. I relayed this back to the management who are now chasing their tails wondering who they can blame. It won't be me as I managed to retrieve the email conversation where I challenged it and was overruled, which I have put on the back-burner for any subsequent meetings.  

All very :pleasing:I must say. 

They'll find a way to shaft you. Delete any iffy emails cause they'll be hunting :)

nothing better than making your bosses look like tits though!

Salad Fingers
17 minutes ago, Jeff said:

They'll find a way to shaft you. Delete any iffy emails cause they'll be hunting :)

nothing better than making your bosses look like tits though!

Oh I have no doubt they will. I spoke to one of them on the phone this morning and she was all nicey-nice. At the same time I could hear the cogs turning as she thought of a way how they can pin this one on me :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
superjack

Down visiting family. Walking along dalry and gorgie and having a couple of pints in some classy establishments. Then popping into he hearts store to buy the third top. Walking along here always makes me feel like I'm back where I belong.

Helzibob
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Lovely weather at last, 🙂:jambobanana:

Let’s hope it lasts. I have 2 weeks off work in June. 🤞🏻

Harry Potter
37 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Let’s hope it lasts. I have 2 weeks off work in June. 🤞🏻

1st week in june is lovely.

Helzibob
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

1st week in june is lovely.

I’m off from the 11th. Hope it stays dry, that’s all I need.

Sooperstar

After a bit of a wait (not that long in the grand scheme of things but it felt like ages) and a last minute delay knocking things back by a week, finally moved house today. So that was nice. Well, the process wasn't, but the ending is.

Helzibob
8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

After a bit of a wait (not that long in the grand scheme of things but it felt like ages) and a last minute delay knocking things back by a week, finally moved house today. So that was nice. Well, the process wasn't, but the ending is.

Great stuff, all the best in your new home.

My best mate got the keys to her new place yesterday too. I’m being summonsed today to help remove wallpaper or whatever other job she has for me.

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Great stuff, all the best in your new home.

My best mate got the keys to her new place yesterday too. I’m being summonsed today to help remove wallpaper or whatever other job she has for me.

Thanks!

As a kid I used to quite enjoy scraping off the wallpaper. As an adult someone else can do it.

Smithee

I've had hand problems and had to give up drums last year. Yesterday I got a parcel through the door - my mate had ordered me these things that go on drum sticks that give you something to hold so I can play again.

New-Drum-Stick-Grip-Device-Accessory-Dru

I spent a very sweet and sweaty couple of hours in the practice room yesterday, superb!

Helzibob
9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Thanks!

As a kid I used to quite enjoy scraping off the wallpaper. As an adult someone else can do it.

It wasn’t too bad but I’m knackered now. 6 hours straight work. I’ll be sore tomorrow. 

Salad Fingers
12 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Love my new phone case.

P1010001 (1).JPG

Where from? I could do with a new cover and fancy a Hearts one. 

Smithee
12 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Love my new phone case.

P1010001 (1).JPG

Sure I had a picture of Paul Ritchie in that strip on my wall, might have been from a program

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Where from? I could do with a new cover and fancy a Hearts one. 

Go on-line Hearts shop, have all the strips through the years, 4 days from order to delivery.

Also all makes of phones.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Sure I had a picture of Paul Ritchie in that strip on my wall, might have been from a program

The away strip 96/97.

Salad Fingers
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Go on-line Hearts shop, have all the strips through the years, 4 days from order to delivery.

Also all makes of phones.

The away strip 96/97.

Superb 👍

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

It wasn’t too bad but I’m knackered now. 6 hours straight work. I’ll be sore tomorrow. 

6 hours straight will do that to anyone.

Governor Tarkin

Looking forward to a Saturday out in the Pentland hills in the sun, with a few pints at the Allan Ramsay as a reward for my efforts. Yay. 

Gave blood this morning, for the first time in over a year.  Was pleasantly surprised to see how many people were also doing the same, was 5 people when I was in, and 4 more in the seating area waiting.

I actually got a text to say they were looking for A+ donors because the stocks were low.  You can check them out here, might be that they need what you've got : https://www.scotblood.co.uk/about-blood/current-blood-stock-levels/

Got up, had breakfast, drank a shit load of water and went to the gym, then popped in to let them steal some blood.   I was in and out in 20 minutes, didn't feel faint and that's me for another couple of months :)

Anyone who is squeamish about doing it, the needle doesn't hurt, and they'll sit and talk to you to keep you distracted.  As long as you're well hydrated, you should feel fine afterward!

Finished work and now on 2 weeks annual leave. On Sunday I go on holiday. Not my usual holiday in the sun. 5 nights in a cottage in East Lothian. I’ll take it though. 

Sooperstar
8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Gave blood this morning, for the first time in over a year.  Was pleasantly surprised to see how many people were also doing the same, was 5 people when I was in, and 4 more in the seating area waiting.

I actually got a text to say they were looking for A+ donors because the stocks were low.  You can check them out here, might be that they need what you've got : https://www.scotblood.co.uk/about-blood/current-blood-stock-levels/

Got up, had breakfast, drank a shit load of water and went to the gym, then popped in to let them steal some blood.   I was in and out in 20 minutes, didn't feel faint and that's me for another couple of months :)

Anyone who is squeamish about doing it, the needle doesn't hurt, and they'll sit and talk to you to keep you distracted.  As long as you're well hydrated, you should feel fine afterward!

I gave blood a few times. Never fainted but looked pale enough to have them putting my legs in the air on several occasions. Eventually they banned me.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I gave blood a few times. Never fainted but looked pale enough to have them putting my legs in the air on several occasions. Eventually they banned me.

My folks took me and my brother with them when we were wee. I ended up on a bed as I nearly passed out.

Tried to give blood 3 times myself and they sent me away because I was a state before I even got near a needle.

They were right in fairness as I struggle to stay conscious when I ever need to give a blood test.

10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Well done. I used to donate regularly, but they haven't been able to take it for years because of medication I take. Do they still give you badges when you've made certain numbers of donations? 

Stuart Lyon

I worked with a guy who's surname was Stone and would you believe he had the most difficult time giving his blood donation! Didn't put him off though!