Kodi again

Unknown user

By the way, something that doesn't seem to be mentioned often is something I use all the time - Yatse.

It's a remote for Kodi which installs on your mobile, very handy indeed. As long as your mobile and Kodi are on the same network you can use that instead of a remote - it's better than the official Kodi remote on android too IMO. One of only 3 apps I've ever paid for

Nice one, thanks - I see there's a free verison too. I use my fire tv app for the fire stick but have just persevered with the remote for the box as I can use it fast. Will give yatse a go though, should save time when i'm clearing it down and starting again.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Nice one, thanks - I see there's a free verison too. I use my fire tv app for the fire stick but have just persevered with the remote for the box as I can use it fast. Will give yatse a go though, should save time when i'm clearing it down and starting again.

Sorry, should have said I was using the free version for ages and it was great. I can't even remember what function it was that made me buy it now tbh

Rudolf's Mate

By the way, something that doesn't seem to be mentioned often is something I use all the time - Yatse.

It's a remote for Kodi which installs on your mobile, very handy indeed. As long as your mobile and Kodi are on the same network you can use that instead of a remote - it's better than the official Kodi remote on android too IMO. One of only 3 apps I've ever paid for

Have you tried Sybu bud? I tried the Kodi version but didn't like it and Sybu was similar but seemed better. That said I've never used it since trying them out due to forgetting I installed it!

Have you tried Sybu bud? I tried the Kodi version but didn't like it and Sybu was similar but seemed better. That said I've never used it since trying them out due to forgetting I installed it!

I haven't, and with paid Yatse I probably won't.

I just remembered I've one of the paid features- if we're watching a film and I want to go for a bath, with Yatse I can pick the film up on my phone, and continue it from the same place on my tablet without disturbing the tv. They're not exactly in sync but it's pretty cool ask the same

Treating it like a Hobby is actually quite an excellent way of going about it Tbh. I actually find it fun trying new add ons, builds, tinkering with my own builds trying to find the perfect combination. Once I do find the perfect combo something will inevidable go off and I am back to square one!

Great way to save cash and good fun for me!

Rudolf's Mate

Haha I didn't mean to sound like a dick there, just meaning that I have to get my money's worth now!

Nah I knew what you meant. Was curiosity more than anything as I'm not really in a place to judge (Sybu) its performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

Better chips, faster processors, more memory etc. The new T8 V3 would be the box I'd be buying if I was looking for a new one. I have the V2 and although I used to think my AFTV was better, well it was when I had the older model my T8 is my better box.

Agree with you about the T8 having better internals bud, but I find the AFTV the more stable in my house. I've never had any problems with my AFTV boxes, but I have had the T8 freeze a lot more with all the different builds, than the AFTV. The firestick does seem to struggle with some of them, but so far the beast v15, has worked perfect. Everything about these boxes and apps, seems to differ from one persons house to the next, it seems. If I was buying another one today though, out of those three, I'd buy them in the following order?

1?AFTV

2?T8

3?Firestick

Treating it like a Hobby is actually quite an excellent way of going about it Tbh. I actually find it fun trying new add ons, builds, tinkering with my own builds trying to find the perfect combination. Once I do find the perfect combo something will inevidable go off and I am back to square one!

Great way to save cash and good fun for me!

Exactly. I use the raspberry pi, so when I want to experiment, I can clone my whole sd card if I want to play with the current set up, use a different one for a whole new set up, do the 3 folder backup etc.

Love it!

jack D and coke

Agree with you about the T8 having better internals bud, but I find the AFTV the more stable in my house. I've never had any problems with my AFTV boxes, but I have had the T8 freeze a lot more with all the different builds, than the AFTV. The firestick does seem to struggle with some of them, but so far the beast v15, has worked perfect. Everything about these boxes and apps, seems to differ from one persons house to the next, it seems. If I was buying another one today though, out of those three, I'd buy them in the following order?

1?AFTV

2?T8

3?Firestick

Until I bought the 4K AFTV box I agree.

The sticks do my head in though[emoji1]

Another cool thing i realised the other day is the air play option in Kodi.

You can play the same iTunes music from a pc/laptop through all your Kodi devices in your network via apple airplay

luckyBatistuta

Until I bought the 4K AFTV box I agree.

The sticks do my head in though[emoji1]

It's 4K boxes I've got mate. Still wouldn't put someone off buying a firestick though, as I still think for the money, it's good value.

jack D and coke

It's 4K boxes I've got mate. Still wouldn't put someone off buying a firestick though, as I still think for the money, it's good value.

Well believe me the previous AFTV box works better.

The sticks are a decent entry level for kodi but probably because I was using the T8 and the AFTV and they worked perfectly the stick seemed slow and constantly needed resetting etc I don't like them. For a spare room I guess they're ok.

Rudolf's Mate

My stick crashed a lot with 15.2 on it however it's worked perfectly since going back to 14.2. The menu systems definitely not as responsive as the box however once you start watching something you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between the stick and box. It actually performs better than on my laptop and iPad.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I use yatse, good remote. I also downloaded the Amazon fire remote for my phone, it has the keyboard too. Both are free, but yatse is a lot better.

Also, screen mirroring from android to kodi is possible and more reliable after recent updates.

I use Screen Stream Mirroring app from Google play store, works a treat now

Also, screen mirroring from android to kodi is possible and more reliable after recent updates.

There's always someone has to take it too far. I just watch dodgy pirated telly wi mine..............................lol

Rudolf's Mate

Definitely getting the full Kodi experience :lol: I'm with CollyWolly on the usage :lol:

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Just skipped straight to page 82, is there an idiots guide to setting this kodi malarkey up?

Yes indeed there is. If you can find it then you'll have no trouble setting up Kodi. You won't even need to read it, just find it.

Rudolf's Mate

Just skipped straight to page 82, is there an idiots guide to setting this kodi malarkey up?

Whatever platform you intend to put it on just Google 'how to install Kodi on' and include the platform. One that pops up near the top is Michael Seo or Seo Michael. He's pretty decent.

1?AFTV

2?T8

3?Firestick

The Nvidia Shield is quite a machine

luckyBatistuta

The Nvidia Shield is quite a machine

Looks a snazzy piece of kit, but it's not cheap. I'd still go for the AFTV or T8 ahead of that, for the price alone.

Rudolf's Mate

First real issues with the stick. Everything was buffering. Removed the power via USB and put the plug on it and seems to have resolved it. Fingers crossed!

Tried that after completely scrubbing Kodi!

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Space Mackerel

Says the man who bought a Fire Stick, installed Kodi and found out his bedroom TV was too ******* old :rofl:

Selling an old Sky + to fund the new tv though, much cheapness, like **** all [emoji23]

Edited by Space Mackerel

Rudolf's Mate

Selling an old Sky + to fund the new tv though [emoji23]

:gok:

Don't know why you're bothering. Just tag it onto one of your invoices ;)

Space Mackerel

I'll just say, if I'm going to give my debit card/credit card info out to anyone on the internet that's going to give you free Sky and BT Sports for ?2 or ?3 a month then you take your chances. Not for me I'm afraid.

I'll just say, if I'm going to give my debit card/credit card info out to anyone on the internet that's going to give you free Sky and BT Sports for ?2 or ?3 a month then you take your chances. Not for me I'm afraid.

Actually your in more danger handing it over at a garage or a restaurant.

?115 to virgin a month

?17 for 3 months to sportsmania by paysafe

Hmmmmmm let me have a think.

Space Mackerel

?115 to virgin a month

Rudolfs Mate explained it to me last night how payment works after I posted. [emoji106]

Rudolf's Mate

?115 to virgin a month

Mate I was up texting him till 01:30 explaining why Paysafe was secure. :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Wife has been nipping my head to give up my Sky Sports, so I'm finally going to take the plunge and let her. Im going to sign up to Sportsmania and I hope it is as good, as some say.

Wife has been nipping my head to give up my Sky Sports, so I'm finally going to take the plunge and let her. Im going to sign up to Sportsmania and I hope it is as good, as some say.

I've subscribed for the previous month, and had no issues. The streams are high quality but not HD.

That said for the price of ?12 a month im not complaining

Rudolf's Mate

90% of my streams are pretty bloody close to HD. Admittedly there are some which are a bit noticeably aren't but still decent. Watching Arsenal v Burnley on FS1 now and the quality is incredible. Normally you can tell when they go close up however it's spot on.

Right. Can someone explain the difference between sports mania and IPTV STALKER? Why wouldn't I just get a subscription to something which gives me all the channels?

Rudolf's Mate

Right. Can someone explain the difference between sports mania and IPTV STALKER? Why wouldn't I just get a subscription to something which gives me all the channels?

Did Stalker start charging?

I used it in the early days and it was one of the better ones. That said, it'll have to improved considerably (from last time I used it) to be as reliable as Mania is now.

Despite that, going back 16 months or so Mania was hit or miss.

Trying to install woodie wizard but when I click on it from the system-add ones- install from zip file it doesn't show anything. According to YouTube vids there should be a line saying click me. I don't have such a line

Got it!

Edited by Homme

Nope, just can't install wookie. Keep getting error and to check log.

I've cleared data etc and did all things advised online.

I have a fire stick which i am selling. It is six months old but still have the box and everything that comes with it.  It will come pre loaded with Kodi,  Fire starter  and the Ares Wizard and i will install my favorite build from it. Looking to upgrade to the nvadia shield.

Looking for 30 quid plus postage (they cost about 65 quid pre loaded on amazon).  Preferably via PayPal.

PM me if your interested  :)

All good at last.

Good lesson - sometimes, despite doing absolutely everything right, it doesn't work and you just have to do it again for no good reason except it works this time

Good lesson - sometimes, despite doing absolutely everything right, it doesn't work and you just have to do it again for no good reason except it works this time

Yep. I have no explanation as to what I did to get it working. Just kept on doing what I thought was the right thing.

Anyway, when I've had a few spare mins I've been browsing various add ons etc looks like I won't regret purchasing.

I watched the tennis this morning on a fantastic stream and the wee one is very impressed with the kids options. So far so good.

Genesis though? Is it shit now? Tried four films last night and streams not available for any of them. Gave up and watched sky! I'd read that it was very good. What are the good movie alternatives?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Yep. I have no explanation as to what I did to get it working. Just kept on doing what I thought was the right thing.

Anyway, when I've had a few spare mins I've been browsing various add ons etc looks like I won't regret purchasing.

I watched the tennis this morning on a fantastic stream and the wee one is very impressed with the kids options. So far so good.

Genesis though? Is it shit now? Tried four films last night and streams not available for any of them. Gave up and watched sky! I'd read that it was very good. What are the good movie alternatives?

Phoenix is excellent for films, it has all the latest screener films in HD.