Kodi again

Unknown user

Phoenix is excellent for films, it has all the latest screener films in HD.

fonally got mine set up the other night ans after quickly realising genesis is a shadow of its former self, i hopped onto phoenix and think its a fantastic backup

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

luckyBatistuta

I will give Pheonix a go tonight then.

What do you guys use for live tv such as sky sports etc?

Mobdro is good for Sky Sports for me. Edited by luckyBatistuta

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

UKTurk has never worked on devices i have installed Kodi on, odd?

Upturn is hit or miss for me. Mobdro didn't work at all and i uninstalled it months ago.

Pretty sure moneysport had decent sky sports streams.

It is odd. You see this quite a lot. Add ons that function perfectly well, like UKTurk does for me, but just don't work for others. Hard to fathom what the problem is ?

Do some Add On admins do something to restrict traffic, like blocking batches of IP addresses or something ?

jack D and coke

It's a cracking addon too. Absolutely stacks of stuff on there.

Re UKTurk, have you tried installing from a different source?

For example, I occasionally have problems if I try to install via an addon installer in Kodi, but I usually have no problems if I download direct from the official repo

I've only ever tried to use it in a build, has never worked.

I don't need it so not overly fussed, would have liked it to work on the FTV's i have set up for other people though. Will try proper repo next time

jack D and coke

Can anyone find an HD version of the new star wars film anywhere?

Won't be one for a bit yet. I wouldn't think anyway. Edited by jack D and coke

Can anyone find an HD version of the new star wars film anywhere?

You won't get one until the DVD is on general release and someone rips it.

Another month or so at a guess.

Anyone's sportsmania buffering tonight. watching man utd game

Mines was OK, bit of buffer but watchable.

Have sports mania changed their rules? Used to be only able to watch on one 1 device at a time, but I now think it's 1 ip address, so I think you can watch a couple of games on a couple of devices, as long as they're on the same network

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

It is odd. You see this quite a lot. Add ons that function perfectly well, like UKTurk does for me, but just don't work for others. Hard to fathom what the problem is ?

Do some Add On admins do something to restrict traffic, like blocking batches of IP addresses or something ?

Got it loaded but Not working for me. log error etc etc

Bizarrely, mine is working fine.  :laugh4:

Rudolf's Mate

Anyone's sportsmania buffering tonight. watching man utd game

I was watching on the Fire Stick and PLP started playing up. Moved to CTH which was also a big laggy however I'd seen a tweet earlier saying that TNS was spot on so I switched to that and it was perfect. 

Rudolf's Mate

Apparently genesis makers have released a new app.

Edit. Here it is!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3zVndIuzj0c

:wow:

Looks like it's just an update and it wasn't by Lambda. Not ITK and got that from the comments section in the link. At the end of the day if it improves it then brilliant.

This is the official word from Lambda:

Genesis development has stopped by me and it's opensource...

I think he changed the author name, this is good.

I want nothing to do with Genesis.

I hope he will also remove Genesis from the name.

I don't want his users asking for help to me.

I don't have the time of it, I am very busy.

You shouldn't ask here or me about it.

If you have any question you should go and ask that guy.

I won't check the code of every genesis fork that is released or will be released.

I don't care about Genesis anymore.

If you trust this guy install it.

If you don't trust him, don't install it.

It's that simple.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Looks like it's just an update and it wasn't by Lambda. Not ITK and got that from the comments section in the link. At the end of the day if it improves it then brilliant.

This is the official word from Lambda:

Genesis development has stopped by me and it's opensource...

I think he changed the author name, this is good.

I want nothing to do with Genesis.

I hope he will also remove Genesis from the name.

I don't want his users asking for help to me.

I don't have the time of it, I am very busy.

You shouldn't ask here or me about it.

If you have any question you should go and ask that guy.

I won't check the code of every genesis fork that is released or will be released.

I don't care about Genesis anymore.

If you trust this guy install it.

If you don't trust him, don't install it.

It's that simple.

Ali. Seems like someone else is cloning/updating it now which is excellent news if it continues. Have not tried it yet but will have a bash at it tonight.

I thought Lambda was making a new app? Would go against what he is saying above that he doesn't have the time

I also see ChrisB, guy who made the beast build has spat his dummy out and stopped updating his build. These guys seem very precious at times.

They make these great app and builds and just let them rot away :laugh:

Edited by AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Ali. Seems like someone else is cloning/updating it now which is excellent news if it continues. Have not tried it yet but will have a bash at it tonight.

I thought Lambda was making a new app? Would go against what he is saying above that he doesn't have the time

I also see ChrisB, guy who made the beast build has spat his dummy out and stopped updating his build. These guys seem very precious at times.

They make these great app and builds and just let them rot away :laugh:

Lambda is one of the worst for spitting his dummy out. Think Genesis has gone to his head a bit. Amazing addon but get a grip FFS :lol:

My SportsMania has been perfect tonight. Internet issue where you stay or are other things working?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Been using the woody Add on and Robocop and both provide near enough hd streams. Had no issues at all.

Edited by AlimOzturk

My SportsMania has been perfect tonight. Internet issue where you stay or are other things working?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm with virgin media I know they were having issues with them a few weeks back.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm with virgin media I know they were having issues with them a few weeks back.

Have you tried TNS? I was buffer free until recently and switched to CTH then TNS. This was on my stick. On my box (wired) it's flawless. Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Anyone using community portal? I use kodi on a Sony tablet and started to use CP to instal add ons, yet to look into the instals but looking OK so far.

Have you tried TNS? I was buffer free until recently and switched to CTH then TNS. This was on my stick. On my box (wired) it's flawless.

Yeah my box has a wired connection. It seems to be a problem with virgin media. I've been told to get a VPN but I don't think you can install one on a Amazon fire box

jack D and coke

Yeah my box has a wired connection. It seems to be a problem with virgin media. I've been told to get a VPN but I don't think you can install one on a Amazon fire box

Pretty sure you can...

You can certainly alter the DNS settings.

Edited by jack D and coke

Rudolf's Mate

That's a bit shit tbh. Jack found a VPN addon specifically for Kodi however I couldn't get it to work. I also emailed them as didn't get a response so I gave up.

Can't remember what it was called but think you can search for it within Kodi. If you try it would be interesting to know if you get it to work mate. The issue with DNS on the Fire is that whilst it enables some addons to work some others stopped so I ended up binning it as well.

Rudolf's Mate

Yep Genesis working perfectly again for me now. Not as many HD links as before but definitely improved. Hopefully an upward trend.

Genesis working perfect for me now, happy days.

Are you getting Movies on it ? I was getting TV shows on it last night but all the movie links are dead.

I have taken the plunge this weekend and 'cut the cord' with Virgin TV services.

Cut off Sky Sports

Kept XLTV inc BT sports for now.

Cut the broadband speed from 150 to 100 (never got 150 anyway)

Cut off one of the extra boxes, leaving 2.

Reduced the phone package

Saving ?53 a month and a further ?17.99 in July when I can get rid of my landline.

Signed up to Sportsmania ?17 for 3 months. Crystal clear on all channels with no buffering. Job done !!!

luckyBatistuta

Are you getting Movies on it ? I was getting TV shows on it last night but all the movie links are dead.

Yes, I had tried playing movies and nothing was working, so decided to do the update and every movie I tried was working fine?I'm with BT, getting 32mb, don't know if that makes any difference?

Yes, I had tried playing movies and nothing was working, so decided to do the update and every movie I tried was working fine?I'm with BT, getting 32mb, don't know if that makes any difference?

It hadn't worked at all for me and Ive got virgin broadband at an average speed of about 60 meg so it can be that.

I will fiddle with it tonight again because its a great add on.

What did you 'update' exactly. Or did you just install the Specto Fork Genesis thing like I did ?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Anyone tried Operation Robocop? worth using?

Has premier league pass on it - 3 or 4 links for every game, excellent quality.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

It hadn't worked at all for me and Ive got virgin broadband at an average speed of about 60 meg so it can be that.

What did you 'update' exactly. Or did you just install the Specto Fork Genesis thing like I did ?

I just installed it, as per the video. Haven't actually tried the movies, but TV shows are all working perfectly.

I use phoenix for movies, generally.

I have taken the plunge this weekend and 'cut the cord' with Virgin TV services.

Cut off Sky Sports

Kept XLTV inc BT sports for now.

Cut the broadband speed from 150 to 100 (never got 150 anyway)

Cut off one of the extra boxes, leaving 2.

Reduced the phone package

Saving ?53 a month and a further ?17.99 in July when I can get rid of my landline.

Signed up to Sportsmania ?17 for 3 months. Crystal clear on all channels with no buffering. Job done !!!

:verysmug:

feels great eh?

luckyBatistuta

Just installed the specto fork

luckyBatistuta

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, just jinxed it. I've just checked it today and now most of my Genesis Movies and TV Shows aren't working now :wtf: