Hearts v Celtic Dot Count - Ticket Office open until kick-off

WSTR

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only there were more like you eh ?

Oh wait a minute other fans will be like you ... probably about another 10,000 of them who will be there.

Catch a grip there are many different reasons why people will not be there  ... people will consciously make a decison that they cannot be there, either through circumstances or simple choice that they don't want to go and you know what .... every single one of them has a valid reason because it is their own decision and they don't have to justify it to you or anybody else.

You may not like the reasoning but you or anybody else do not have a right to question an individuals decision. It is staggering that you feel entitled to question decisions made by a couple of thousand individuals about whom you know absolutely nothing.

Just for the record I will be there but just can't get that warm smug feeling about it that you do.

I don't believe it is a personal dig at individual people if they choose not to go, rather a disappointment that for such a huge match we cannot sell out, despite the fact that we have a huge amount of season ticket holders.  People on here glory in the fact that Easter Road doesn't sell out for derbies, yet they could use the exact same excuses as we are giving for our own fns here to try to justify it. 

I'll tell you why but most will deny it. They think we'll lose. The same as the semi (My favourite match)

Cue: ah but they're big bullys who say mean things.

It is costing them money and they think we will lose.  That is why most wont go.  Disappointing but true. 

They ain't going cos they think we will get pumped

Hibs in the semi should bring the twats out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twats ? Who the *** do you think you are ? Who do any of you think you are in fact ?

I'm undecided about going for a couple of reasons I don't have to explain to any of you. I certainly don't deserve the Twats tag though.

Twats ? Who the *** do you think you are ? Who do any of you think you are in fact ?

I'm undecided about going for a couple of reasons I don't have to explain to any of you. I certainly don't deserve the Twats tag though.

Well don't explain then, mate.

Tell them to **** off and that's that.

I don't believe it is a personal dig at individual people if they choose not to go, rather a disappointment that for such a huge match we cannot sell out, despite the fact that we have a huge amount of season ticket holders.  People on here glory in the fact that Easter Road doesn't sell out for derbies, yet they could use the exact same excuses as we are giving for our own fns here to try to justify it. 

indeed we have a huge amount of season ticket holders,my three and five year old grandchildren among them.Do you seriously think that we(and mad many like us)should be buying and taking them to this game?

Teuchterjambo

I agree it is probably not aimed at individuals but at a collective group but there is an amazing lack of understanding on the subject.

Fisrtly the reaction is a bit early, there is still a week to go and sales will continue especially obn Saturday and a good result them would also help. Let's say that we end up selling 10,000 Hearts end tickets and we have 13,500 season ticket holders so even taking turn ups into account we are talking about a shortfall of 3,500 tickets  ... I would make the follwoing points.

At every game there are significant empty seats for season tickets who do not make it for whatever raeson so that happens every game ... the attendances given are seats paid not actual numbers.

There will be a significant number of people who will be working back/night shift who cannot go.

There will be others who will not be able to get back from work in time to make the game.

There are a huge number of young children season ticket holders whose parents for good reason will not allow their children to be out very late on a school night and others who may decide (legitimately in the case of children) that it is not an environment that they want to expose their children to.

There are large numbers of Hearts fans who travel long distances to games where it simply will not be possible either for timing reasons or unable to take time off work

There will be some who genuinely cannot afford the cost of the additional game.

I am sure there are other legitimate reasons but even those listed above will make up very significant numbers  ... take that number whatever it may be away from the 3,500 and the "problem" may not be as big as many are making out.

There will be people though who simply will not go to Celtic games or just won't bother because they think we will get beat  ... football fans are a fickle bunch and Hearts fans are no different from thiose at any other club  ... the point you make about the Hibs is very valid.

Too much "holier than thou"  "smug uberfan"comments on this thread.

portobellojambo1

?20 is ridiculous prices

I actually thought it might be more than it is, but I suppose it is each to their own Edit - Just read the rest of the thread and saw your later post, apologies, I thought you were being serious.

The extra 2,000 tickets we could have given to Celtic would have paid McHattie's wages for the season, there can be absolutely zero complaints from fans next time the club just give them the whole stand.

I do agree with your sentiment here. While everyone is entitled to decide whether they want to go to a fixture or not I do get the impression the club were hoping that our own support would turn out in numbers, and at this point in time it seems that may not be the case. It is possibly something they will look at next time round. Where I would tend to disagree with you is in terms of it would have been better giving Celtic another 2,000 tickets and use that extra money to pay McHattie's wages. It might sound pedantic but I feel it is only right that we leave it to Kilmarnock to pay McHattie's wages and we use any extra money to look after our own :sunny: .

indeed we have a huge amount of season ticket holders,my three and five year old grandchildren among them.Do you seriously think that we(and mad many like us)should be buying and taking them to this game?

As I said before, I dont see it as a personal, "accusing" people of not going. If your grandchildren are too young for night games then fair enough. However, as a support shouldnt we be able to sell those tickets to the many others wanting tickets, but cant normally go? That is what disappoints me, not young fans who simply cannot go.

I agree it is probably not aimed at individuals but at a collective group but there is an amazing lack of understanding on the subject.

Fisrtly the reaction is a bit early, there is still a week to go and sales will continue especially obn Saturday and a good result them would also help. Let's say that we end up selling 10,000 Hearts end tickets and we have 13,500 season ticket holders so even taking turn ups into account we are talking about a shortfall of 3,500 tickets  ... I would make the follwoing points.

At every game there are significant empty seats for season tickets who do not make it for whatever raeson so that happens every game ... the attendances given are seats paid not actual numbers.

There will be a significant number of people who will be working back/night shift who cannot go.

There will be others who will not be able to get back from work in time to make the game.

There are a huge number of young children season ticket holders whose parents for good reason will not allow their children to be out very late on a school night and others who may decide (legitimately in the case of children) that it is not an environment that they want to expose their children to.

There are large numbers of Hearts fans who travel long distances to games where it simply will not be possible either for timing reasons or unable to take time off work

There will be some who genuinely cannot afford the cost of the additional game.

I am sure there are other legitimate reasons but even those listed above will make up very significant numbers  ... take that number whatever it may be away from the 3,500 and the "problem" may not be as big as many are making out.

There will be people though who simply will not go to Celtic games or just won't bother because they think we will get beat  ... football fans are a fickle bunch and Hearts fans are no different from thiose at any other club  ... the point you make about the Hibs is very valid.

Too much "holier than thou"  "smug uberfan"comments on this thread.

Fair comments, although you would hope that as a support those who were not able to go were compensated by those who cannot normally go, as they do not have season tickets.  Unfortunately, it never seems to work out that way.  And I am talking collectively "as a support", not personally, I do appreciate that there are genuine reasons why individuals cannot go (thinking we will get pumped not being one). 

kettering jam tart

I wouldnt make the statement for people that cannot go if u are saying that on the basis every home league game is sold out. We scrape the barrel to sell out normal league games, its quite evident on every dot count thread bar the Aberdeen one, even then we released more tickets nearer the time.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Hearts attenance in the semi-final against ICT in 2014 was about 11,000 and that was at Easter road. If we sell about the same for this I suppose no-one can have many complaints. I was originally looking up the attendance to have a go at the no-shows that didn't have a valid reason.

:gok:

In 2013 it was about 14,000 in the exact same fixture.

jack D and coke

Im going to this but it's possibly the least I've ever been up for a game against the filth. Actually couldn't care a shite.

Horrendous number of tickets sold so far. Wednesday night or not, regardless of the opposition, the number of tickets we've sold is frankly embarrassing. I was not expecting a sell out but this really is a pitiful effort. Hope it picks up very soon.

I actually thought it might be more than it is, but I suppose it is each to their own Edit - Just read the rest of the thread and saw your later post, apologies, I thought you were being serious.

I do agree with your sentiment here. While everyone is entitled to decide whether they want to go to a fixture or not I do get the impression the club were hoping that our own support would turn out in numbers, and at this point in time it seems that may not be the case. It is possibly something they will look at next time round. Where I would tend to disagree with you is in terms of it would have been better giving Celtic another 2,000 tickets and use that extra money to pay McHattie's wages. It might sound pedantic but I feel it is only right that we leave it to Kilmarnock to pay McHattie's wages and we use any extra money to look after our own :sunny: .

Got to disagree with regard to the club losing money on restricting the Celtic allocation. I think the club expected low demand for tickets and factored that into the prices.Thats why it's ?20 rather than ?15.

Anyway the situation about the Celtic allocation will not apply to League games as we have ST holders in two sections of the Roseburn Stand and these games will sell out.There is nothing we can do about SC games though we have to give them 20%.

It's pissing me off that some fans want crawl to Celtic and send them extra tickets just to get a little extra cash.

This situation will not happen again unless we get them in the LC in the future.

I would like the match to have sold out but I am at a loss as to why folk think this match should attract a bigger crowd than last year's fixture at Parkhead did.

We have roughly 1800 under 12s so if an adult was not to go with child that is 3600. Obviously some are going but then you have others who cannot make it, so if we end up with a 12000/13000 gate then we have done alright.

We_are_the_Hearts

You would think some guys that play Juniors, Seniors or Amateurs on a Saturday afternoon would be up for a fixture like this. Its strange how far the League Cup has fell over the years. Even the Scottish cup is a shadow of what it was

Im going to this but it's possibly the least I've ever been up for a game against the filth. Actually couldn't care a shite.

^^^This^^^

I have a ticket but I might just watch it in the hoose. Couldn't give feck about this match TBH.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You would think some guys that play Juniors, Seniors or Amateurs on a Saturday afternoon would be up for a fixture like this. Its strange how far the League Cup has fell over the years. Even the Scottish cup is a shadow of what it was

Scottish Cup is still massive I think, winning it is still a massive honour and it's place at the end of the season and European slot keep it there. The league Cup is mid season and ultimately not worth a European slot. Only history keeps the LC relevant today. It's a big part of OUR history though so I'd love to see us win it.

Just to put things in perspective.

Last year's LC tie at Parkhead produced an official attendance of 15522.This includes over 1000 Hearts fans.

So it's unrealistic to expect Hearts to sell out.

I still think we will get about 12000 in total.

^^^This^^^

I have a ticket but I might just watch it in the hoose. Couldn't give feck about this match TBH.

You will struggle to watch it in the house as it's not on TV.

portobellojambo1

Got to disagree with regard to the club losing money on restricting the Celtic allocation. I think the club expected low demand for tickets and factored that into the prices.Thats why it's ?20 rather than ?15.

Anyway the situation about the Celtic allocation will not apply to League games as we have ST holders in two sections of the Roseburn Stand and these games will sell out.There is nothing we can do about SC games though we have to give them 20%.

It's pissing me off that some fans want crawl to Celtic and send them extra tickets just to get a little extra cash.

This situation will not happen again unless we get them in the LC in the future.

I would like the match to have sold out but I am at a loss as to why folk think this match should attract a bigger crowd than last year's fixture at Parkhead did.

I'm sorry if I made it sound as if I was disappointed about the club losing money through not giving Celtic more tickets, it wasn't what I was trying to say. Unlike you I actually think that by reacting to what seems to be the general wish of the HMFC fans, i.e. that we keep them as far from Gorgie as possible, the club possibly hoped that the home support would react positively, irrespective of ticket prices. This is purely personal in that I never in a million years expected the ticket prices to ever be as low as ?15, I don't find ?20 excessive for a cup tie against another top league side, but accept that others will have different opinions on that. I do accept the League Cup, despite being a winnable trophy, has lost most of its appeal, as it no longer offers a European place in addition to actually lifting the trophy. I also do think the club will, and have to, look at it from a business point of view, and if we draw them again same place same round in next year's competition they may think differently about what allocation is offered. In all honesty, despite accepting it will impact on the club's income if we go along to the game and the total attendance is around say 9-10,000, but there is only around 1,400 of them I don't mind a bit. All I was trying to do was say that I understood why the previous poster had come to the conclusion he did.

There is a general disinterest this cup and this has been the case for many a year now which is reflected in the low attendances across the board. Not to sure why people cannot understand that we are no different to every other club in this . 

We would be really unlucky to draw Celtic in the LC next year.

Anyway the club was making a stand against the behaviour of the Celtic support.

To climb down now or in the future for financial reasons makes us no better than Kille, Motherwell etc.

I would much rather a solution to the general problem to the poor support of the Cup competitions was found.

It's got to the point where the club's would have nothing to lose by offering a Cup Top up imo

If only there were more like you eh ?

Oh wait a minute other fans will be like you ... probably about another 10,000 of them who will be there.

Catch a grip there are many different reasons why people will not be there  ... people will consciously make a decison that they cannot be there, either through circumstances or simple choice that they don't want to go and you know what .... every single one of them has a valid reason because it is their own decision and they don't have to justify it to you or anybody else.

You may not like the reasoning but you or anybody else do not have a right to question an individuals decision. It is staggering that you feel entitled to question decisions made by a couple of thousand individuals about whom you know absolutely nothing.

Just for the record I will be there but just can't get that warm smug feeling about it that you do.

good post

agree

A - 704      (260 sold)

B - 420      (382 sold)

C - 257      (545 sold)

D - 112      (664 sold)

E - 206      (596 sold)

F - 380      (422 sold)

G - 532     (434 sold)

Wheatfield Stand Total - 2,611     (3,303 sold)

H - 560       (205 sold)

J - 566       (152 sold)

Roseburn Stand Total - 1,126     (357 sold)

N1 - 75       (132 sold)

N2 - 100     (135 sold)

N3 - 308     (164 sold)

P - 243       (123 sold)

Q - 252       (186 sold)

R - 264       (244 sold)

S - 345       (182 sold)

T1 - 102     (95 sold)

T2 - 138     (116 sold)

T3 - 376     (102 sold)

Main Stand Total - 2,203     (1,479 sold)

V - 459      (234 sold)

W - 355     (279 sold)

X - 98        (77 sold)

Y - 343      (327 sold)

Z - 547      (218 sold)

Gorgie Family Stand Total - 1,802     (1,135 sold)

Tynecastle Total - 7,742     (6,274 sold)

So out of the 14,016 made available to Hearts fans (not including Hospitality, Complementary or the Directors Box) we have sold less than half. 

^^^This^^^

You won't watch it in the hoose. It's not on tv. 

A - 704 (260 sold)

B - 420 (382 sold)

C - 257 (545 sold)

D - 112 (664 sold)

E - 206 (596 sold)

F - 380 (422 sold)

G - 532 (434 sold)

Wheatfield Stand Total - 2,611 (3,303 sold)

H - 560 (205 sold)

J - 566 (152 sold)

Roseburn Stand Total - 1,126 (357 sold)

N1 - 75 (132 sold)

N2 - 100 (135 sold)

N3 - 308 (164 sold)

P - 243 (123 sold)

Q - 252 (186 sold)

R - 264 (244 sold)

S - 345 (182 sold)

T1 - 102 (95 sold)

T2 - 138 (116 sold)

T3 - 376 (102 sold)

Main Stand Total - 2,203 (1,479 sold)

V - 459 (234 sold)

W - 355 (279 sold)

X - 98 (77 sold)

Y - 343 (327 sold)

Z - 547 (218 sold)

Gorgie Family Stand Total - 1,802 (1,135 sold)

Tynecastle Total - 7,742 (6,274 sold)

So out of the 14,016 made available to Hearts fans (not including Hospitality, Complementary or the Directors Box) we have sold less than half.

great dot count

I take my hat off to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will struggle to watch it in the house as it's not on TV.

No I wont.

I have Sportsmania on Kodi which has access to Celtic TV so if I dont go to the match I can watch it on that (admittedly I would need to turn the sound down).

scott herbertson

I think people are forgetting how devalued the cup competitions are these days

Our three most recent meetings with Celtic in Cups:

10,636 in 2012 at home in the Big Cup

15,522 in the League Cup at Parkhead in 2014

12,676 at home in the Scottish cup in 2014

For a league cup home game I'd say 10,000 would be a good crowd, 12,000 very good, 14,000 excellent

I reckon we will get about 12,000

1 of only 2 trophies we will ever actually have  a chance of winning and people never show up for it, I've never understood it tbh but people have always devalued this cup by not showing for it. Losing that cup final to St Mirren still gives me nightmares!

We_are_the_Hearts

1 of only 2 trophies we will ever actually have  a chance of winning and people never show up for it, I've never understood it tbh but people have always devalued this cup by not showing for it. Losing that cup final to St Mirren still gives me nightmares!

Not always but certainly since the turn of the century it has went rapidly downhill. Was best in the 80s when the Skol Cup and the final was late October..............

When we played Tic in 96 and Tynie was rocking, was it still the case the LC winners got in to Europe?

If so I think that adds great weight to folk attending these type of games tbh...

Me personally it definitely would...whilst a cup win is a cup win etc etc and we have a awful record in this comp, a European place would add to the desire...however that would mean taking one spot out of the League finishings and if you compare the two against each other its a safer bet to give it to the team who have played 38 games as oppose to 4 or 5 type thing...

Just saying this fact plays a part...

Getting into Europe has never excited me as much as winning silverware. Don't remember a parade down gorgie road when we qualify for Europe.

We_are_the_Hearts

When we played Tic in 96 and Tynie was rocking, was it still the case the LC winners got in to Europe?

If so I think that adds great weight to folk attending these type of games tbh...

Me personally it definitely would...whilst a cup win is a cup win etc etc and we have a awful record in this comp, a European place would add to the desire...however that would mean taking one spot out of the League finishings and if you compare the two against each other its a safer bet to give it to the team who have played 38 games as oppose to 4 or 5 type thing...

Just saying this fact plays a part...

The fans were just more up for Cups IMO. Since the introduction of the Premiership and Champions League the Cups north and south of the border have been devalued and are not held in the same importance.

GorgieRules22

No I wont.

I have Sportsmania on Kodi which has access to Celtic TV so if I dont go to the match I can watch it on that (admittedly I would need to turn the sound down).

Spoken like a true Hearts supporter haha, deary me.

I believe so. I also got in for free with my season ticket.

Jesus this thread has turned into a car crash.

I have supported our club since I went to my first game at Tynecastle which would have been a reserve game with my dad in 1957. 

Since then I have been to hundreds of games both home and away, although there was a time that I could not go to Saturday games as I played football myself and would jump at the chance to go to any mid-week games.

What I cannot stand is people moaning at me and others for not going to the celtic game next week. It is my choice not to go to that game for a variety of reasons, none of which I feel I need to explain to anyone. You can still be a good supporter of our team without feeling the need to go to every game, and I have supported the club financially in other ways over the years.

I can assure you that my "failure" not to attend the game next week does not make me feel  a lesser fan than some of the uber fans on this thread.

We_are_the_Hearts

The biggest factor for me going is to support Ann's decision to give them only 2 sections. Will be a wee bit of a slap in the face for her if we don't back the team in numbers and the club has lost about ?50,000 by the stance. Would be great if the fans could show her that appreciation, something a lot of fans have asked for long enough but previous owners haven't had the balls, especially after what she has done for us. Some fans are quick to forget it's not long ago we were very close to not having a team to support at all, never mind the choice of a quarter final against the best team in the country. End of the day it's peoples choice.

Cast No Shadow

Celtic don't have just two sections. They have half/two thirds of Section K as well.

This match would have been a belter if we were getting a near full house for it. Instead it's just going to be embarrassment.

Genuinely wish we were drawn away from home.

Celtic don't have just two sections. They have half/two thirds of Section K as well.

This match would have been a belter if we were getting a near full house for it. Instead it's just going to be embarrassment.

And then Celtic would be the ones embarrassed with a stadium a 1/4 full like last year.

Hearts fans are no different to any others in that for some reason they are not excited by Cup games.

No idea why but it is a fact in modern football all over the country.

I guess you know all that though.

Why don't you go on the Celtic fans forum and taunt them about poor LC crowds ?

It's as relevant there as it is here.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It is not an embarrassment. Nobody gets big crowds for the LC nowadays because nobody really cares.

GorgieRules22

There should have been more loyalty points on offer for this game.

We should be targeting a game like this were people are choosing not to attend by offering say 5 loyalty points, that could possibly change people's minds.

Personally though I can't work out why you wouldn't go if you can, it's a cup quarter final at Tynecastle that's not on tv.

I believe so. I also got in for free with my season ticket.

Already paid for my ticket. Go or not, what do you care?

The fact that there was 15000 at parkhead last season for the same tie surely negates any reason for embarrassment.

Archived