Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Thanks

Just think what it will be like when AI takes over. 

Colin, 

Much to my surprise, after endless games at 3.00am due to the time difference with Oz and Enzed, the women's world cup game, Spain v Netherlands, is live on Fox Sports in 15 minutes here, at 6.00pm Arizona time.

Probably have to pour myself another California Merlot.  😁  

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 07/08/2023 at 22:29, DesertDawg said:

I do both but my preference is the 32 inch computer monitor, as I can shade the room where it's located better. (remember most games for me are at 7.00am or 11.45am)  I'm thinking of replacing the computer soon though so will move to a 43 inch 4K display which is seemingly the optimum for clarity and close viewing.  I like the high back chair and desktop for snacks too!

I have watched the odd women's world cup and MLS games though after dark on my lounge room Samsung TV with an Amazon Firestick.

DD they now have an HD format on the settings tab , looks good , I think my video quality will be fine now . 

11 minutes ago, 1874 said:

DD they now have an HD format on the settings tab , looks good , I think my video quality will be fine now . 

I saw that the other day and was about to post you a link before today's game.  👍

5 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I saw that the other day and was about to post you a link before today's game.  👍

Got Frankie McAvoy's pre-match interview on 1080p HD.  Much clearer picture.

HD causing endless buffering stoppages.  Does nobody fully test these changes before they're made?  

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

HD causing endless buffering stoppages.  Does nobody fully test these changes before they're made?  

Perfect picture for me DD . Really such an improvement on before . No buffering at all 10/10 here in Canada 

An absolute shambles from Hearts TV today.  Endless buffering, picture dropouts and close to 10 minutes completely lost on screen refreshes.

By far the worst stream in the last two years or so.  In addition the new 1020p resolution wasn't any better than 720P.  

Just now, DesertDawg said:

An absolute shambles from Hearts TV today.  Endless buffering, picture dropouts and close to 10 minutes completely lost on screen refreshes.

By far the worst stream in the last two years or so.  In addition the new 1020p resolution wasn't any better than 720P.  

DD not sure what happened your end but my picture was just superb. 

2 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Perfect picture for me DD . Really such an improvement on before . No buffering at all 10/10 here in Canada 

Then you were lucky.  Maybe it was a regional issue but there were comments about buffering on the match thread too.

14 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Perfect in Spain on a crappy 20mb microwave countryside feed.

Something else was odd though.  From time to time, when the signal dropped out, a warning screen from Hearts TV popped up advising that there were signal problems.  If the issue was at my end, or regional. I wouldn't have been able to see that.

Still too much of a coincidence for me that the first time that I've had serious trouble in a couple of years or more is the same day as the switch to HD streaming. 

On 14/08/2023 at 10:05, DesertDawg said:

Something else was odd though.  From time to time, when the signal dropped out, a warning screen from Hearts TV popped up advising that there were signal problems.  If the issue was at my end, or regional. I wouldn't have been able to see that.

Still too much of a coincidence for me that the first time that I've had serious trouble in a couple of years or more is the same day as the switch to HD streaming. 

Very annoying , unfortunately I has no issues at all which meant my eyes were bleeding by full time 

Kalamazoo Jambo

Hearts have released details of coverage for the Rosenberg game. Annoyingly, no US coverage via Hearts TV (a few other countries also miss out) but it is on Paramount Plus in the US…

IMG_1821.jpeg

Here’s the Paramount Plus info for those of us in the US…

IMG_1822.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Hearts have released details of coverage for the Rosenberg game. Annoyingly, no US coverage via Hearts TV (a few other countries also miss out) but it is on Paramount Plus in the US…

IMG_1821.jpeg

IMG_1822.jpeg

Tks for the link KJ.  My experience with registering for Paramount Plus hasn't been good.  The two times that I've tried it appeared as a fraudulent charge on my CC. 😠

Anyway, we'll see, but I might just rely on a link from a European site.

2 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Tks for the link KJ.  My experience with registering for Paramount Plus hasn't been good.  The two times that I've tried it appeared as a fraudulent charge on my CC. 😠

Anyway, we'll see, but I might just rely on a link from a European site.

If you've got a VPN watch it on iPlayer 

1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

If you've got a VPN watch it on iPlayer 

Tks but the only try that I made at iPlayer caused multiple scammer popup messages.

As it turns out, I may not see the game anyway, as I could well be driving to Phoenix airport to pick up a passenger and that's a two hour drive each way for me, although I guess that I could go early and watch at the airport on my phone.

33 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Tks but the only try that I made at iPlayer caused multiple scammer popup messages.

As it turns out, I may not see the game anyway, as I could well be driving to Phoenix airport to pick up a passenger and that's a two hour drive each way for me, although I guess that I could go early and watch at the airport on my phone.

There are some VPN that BBC detect but I've never seen a pop up on iPlayer,strange. Anyway, safe journey. Hope you get to see the game.

37 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

There are some VPN that BBC detect but I've never seen a pop up on iPlayer,strange. Anyway, safe journey. Hope you get to see the game.

Might be a regional thing GR.  Anyway, thanks for your message.

4 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

IMG_1821.jpeg

IMG_1822.jpeg

That link didn't work KJ.  This one does.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4742643/hearts-vs-rosenborg/

Watt-Zeefuik

Nevermind, I finally read the embargo message at the top properly. Video embargoed in the USA. Alas.

Kalamazoo Jambo
25 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Nevermind, I finally read the embargo message at the top properly. Video embargoed in the USA. Alas.

Yeah, Paramount Plus the only option.

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yeah, Paramount Plus the only option.

Is that ppv or long term subscription. TV rights are a minefield. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is that ppv or long term subscription. TV rights are a minefield. 

It’s a subscription but can probably be done just for a month I think. But not PPV per se.

3 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Just wondering is there anywhere i can see the goals from hearts tv with laurie commentating? Cheers

Hearts tv 

alicante jambo
5 hours ago, 1874 said:

Hearts tv 

Sorry i should have been more specific. I meant the goals from last night. I do have hearts tv does it do replays and highlights by any chance?

Kalamazoo Jambo
30 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Sorry i should have been more specific. I meant the goals from last night. I do have hearts tv does it do replays and highlights by any chance?

Yes, Hearts TV gives you the options of just the goals, the highlights or a full match replay.

When logged in, you can either scroll down on the home page or click the ‘videos’ link at top of page to see the various options.

alicante jambo
4 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yes, Hearts TV gives you the options of just the goals, the highlights or a full match replay.

When logged in, you can either scroll down on the home page or click the ‘videos’ link at top of page to see the various options.

Brilliant pal thanks very much.

Robert Borthwick saying at the end of today's round up that Hearts TV will be back live n Thursday but no details.

14 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Robert Borthwick saying at the end of today's round up that Hearts TV will be back live n Thursday but no details.

It'll be live on international, you'll be ok 

See on the UK subscription? How quickly are the games available to watch? Is it the day after, a couple of hours or just after the game has finished? 

Kalamazoo Jambo

For US folks, the Hearts v PAOK home game is now listed on Paramount Plus.

Hope they can get a commentator that can pronounce McKay this time :ninja:

Not seeing any news yet about whether it’s also on Hearts TV.

4 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

For US folks, the Hearts v PAOK home game is now listed on Paramount Plus.

Hope they can get a commentator that can pronounce McKay this time :ninja:

Not seeing any news yet about whether it’s also on Hearts TV.

Tks KJ.  Keep an eye on fawanews.com too.  Rosenberg game streams were excellent on there.

Hearts TV site now says:

Live video coverage in selected territories | Live audio coverage inside UK & Ireland

'Selected' !!!! ............. really! ....why don't they just say what they are?

Probably wont show for the U.S. because BBC have the game for the U.K.

6 hours ago, billyG said:

Hearts TV site now says:

Live video coverage in selected territories | Live audio coverage inside UK & Ireland

'Selected' !!!! ............. really! ....why don't they just say what they are?

Probably wont show for the U.S. because BBC have the game for the U.K.

As KJ mentioned above, it's available on the Paramount Plus streaming service.

Paramount Plus: Stream Movies, Shows & Live TV

CanadianJamTart

Quality has been absolutely brutal this entire match against PAOK. I refresh and it’s good for about 15 seconds and then too blurry to watch. Checked my wifi and it’s fine (>300mb/s) and two laptops are doing the same thing.

5 hours ago, CanadianJamTart said:

Quality has been absolutely brutal this entire match against PAOK. I refresh and it’s good for about 15 seconds and then too blurry to watch. Checked my wifi and it’s fine (>300mb/s) and two laptops are doing the same thing.

I’m also in Canada. Quality was fine for me . Not sure what was going wrong your end . 

Another game with no pre match presser. What's the issue, don't they know who's job it is to do them?

Can't imagine it was a priority with travelling back from Greece and a tough game today.

Let's get the priorities right.

Anyway, you can always watch the pre-game view in a couple of minutes.