Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

I always expected it to go through eventually, but I'm delighted he is finally here - welcome Juwon!

McHattie is obviously lacking form and confidence. We all expect Juwon will be first pick once he is fit, which will take some of the pressure off him. If he regains his early form, fantastic. If not, well, as others have already said, the lower leagues are full of players who never delivered on their initial promise.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't disagree with what you say Debut , he should be kicking on and of course there are lots of players who initially look good and don't follow through to become the player we expected ... the lower leagues are littered with many such players and many of them having come through from Hearts. That is the way it is , only a few make it and we will have to wait and see on McHattie.

The thing that bugged me on here was that some of the critcism had an edge to it and was getting pretty nasty and that is what I disliked. I would like to think that he will now get a chance to get his career back on track and who knows.

Fair point.

rudi must stay

Hes played at the top fiesta of football in the world cup :D. I think he could be a Hearts legend

Rudolf's Mate

Don't disagree with what you say Debut , he should be kicking on and of course there are lots of players who initially look good and don't follow through to become the player we expected ... the lower leagues are littered with many such players and many of them having come through from Hearts. That is the way it is , only a few make it and we will have to wait and see on McHattie.

The thing that bugged me on here was that some of the critcism had an edge to it and was getting pretty nasty and that is what I disliked. I would like to think that he will now get a chance to get his career back on track and who knows.

RS

duckandcover

If he scores a goal as good as austins against celtic, i'll be happy!!

Could never tire of watching that. Absolutely brilliant moment, one of my favourite ever in Tynie.

Riddley Walker

Bad religion's Mothy obsession is way worse than Mothy's entrancement with Maroon Mayhem's 12-incher.

Bad religion's Mothy obsession is way worse than Mothy's entrancement with Maroon Mayhem's 12-incher.

Bad religion is just jealous MM didn't send him a picture of his tadger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambo 4 Ever

Have you seen his interview on Hearts TV yet? He's quite the character. If his football is half as good as his chat he'll be a popular man. I like him already. He makes me do this --> [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Do you have a link to the interview?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

any idea what his squad number will be?

17 is free.  I think he'll take that.

Jambof3tornado

Never heard of him.

Nah seriously, welcome juwon. A 3 year deal is excellent business for us assuming the wage is acceptable.

Sepp's Bladder

You know what TJ, i would normally agree and before i go on, i`m not someone who singles out players for abuse, far from it.

But....there`s a fine line between supporting a pretty driven, raw young player who makes mistakes and one who just doesn`t look up for the challenge. Its hard to keep backing a player who just looks timid most of the time, who continually makes the same mistakes without a sign of real improvement.

He`s 22 now and really should be starting to look more assured. Have we to wait until he`s 24, 25 before we see a more responsible and composed player? He just has to look around at some of his younger team mates and see the desire and focus you need at his age.

Questioning his desire and focus is nonesense! I remember locke saying he had to stop McHattie from trianing so much after training had finished in fear of him burning out.

Maybe he just has a confidence issue from 'supporters' making up nonesense...

Corbis-42-25340412.jpg?size=67&uid=e4058

:jjyay:

well put

top man coming to Hearts

player, agent and club have been very professional throughout

welcome Juwon

Delighted he has signed and really hope he can live up to the expecations.

It would be nice now if some of you lot lay of McHattie and give the young man some encouragment in letting his career develop. He may make it , he may not but some of the slagging he got on here was just pathetic and the lad did not deserve it.

yes

Juwon, Rossi and Augustyn will all be able to help Kevin now

still a good prospect with time on his side

well put

top man coming to Hearts

player, agent and club have been very professional throughout

welcome Juwon

Could  be the biz....

Just back from truck fest at Ingliston with my young son and excited to get home to read this thread. Thank feck he has now signed.

We have some possibly great signings.   The one thing that can get them all to gel and also fight for 90 Minutes, is Robbies coaching setup but also Hearts' lifestyle model  ( nae bevvy merchats etc)

I hope we won't drop the nature of our coaching  due to any bigheads have arrived.

Levein and Robbie style ..  their heads are though on the line this term if last year's  model is not continued. 

I am optimistic.. that's cheap though

..  ! 

He Who Cannot Be Named

THE Super Eagles defender has been handed jersey No. 78 in Robbie Neilson?s team having completing his move to the Scottish giants

No, Nigeria are fine, but if this guy was as awesome as he is being made out to be he probably wouldn't be plying his trade in the back end of the Israeli league? Just a word of caution that's all, I hope he is great but he hasn't been playing at a brilliant level with his previous club.

I watch Israeli football a lot and can confirm Ashdod are pants.

This is my favorite comment in this thread because "pants" are literally just trousers in American parlance, so it's hilarious to see someone described as trousers.

Even though I know what it actually means. :wink:

Geoff Kilpatrick

THE Super Eagles defender has been handed jersey No. 78 in Robbie Neilson?s team having completing his move to the Scottish giants

:vrface:

Another example of why squad numbers are pish.

Hopefully not...dont think we have entertained this sort of nonsense with squad numbers before so no reason we would do it now...

:vrface:

Another example of why squad numbers are pish.

Haha exactly!  Why is he not like #3?

nope Juwon as it sounds

Pronounce the 'J' as if its the letter 'Y' so it would be pronounced Yuwon.

Not trying to take the piss but why do people care in the slightest what squad number he is??

Maybe he likes 78 for some reason! As long as he plays well I couldn't care less!

Rudolf's Mate

People would be happy for him to take 51 yet seethe about other choices [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived