Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

I was in the main stand for the game and the Dundee fans were screaming to put the ball down his side. I thought he was poor but a few games and real match fitness and understanding the system Robbie wants the play should help

Sy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes too soon to be critical he will take a couple of weeks to show his Nigerian World Cup quality play. 

gashauskis9

Not trying to take the piss but why do people care in the slightest what squad number he is??

Maybe he likes 78 for some reason! As long as he plays well I couldn't care less!

7+8 = 15

Case closed!

Was getting roasted in the first half, but the whole team was very poor for the first 45. Looked pretty decent in the second half at left mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He got roasted 1st half cos Sow offered absoloutly no help at all from a defensive point of

view,lazily giving away possession and leaving him exposed 2 v 1.

In the ist half he probably wondered who he had signed for, but not later on. 

PS  I'm worrying Sow might not be gelling in this league..

He got roasted 1st half cos Sow offered absoloutly no help at all from a defensive point of

view,lazily giving away possession and leaving him exposed 2 v 1.

That`s why Sow shouldn`t play there. It`s no excuse really but at the end of the day he just doesn`t seem to have the natural defensive awareness and focus or certainly struggles to adapt his brain to it.

I think this is the problem which has arisen and alot of people spoke of, that we are basically accomodating players as not to disrupt happiness. Sow is undoubtedly a centre forward, working across the line with his back to goal and turning on defenders but Juanma is that man too. 

In the ist half he probably wondered who he had signed for, but not later on. 

PS  I'm worrying Sow might not be gelling in this league..

Surely you can't be in a position to judge after two games? I didn't see today's game so no idea how he played, but last week he did fine (although a bit quieter than Juanma). Give the guy time, if he stays fit he'll score 15 goals this season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Needs games but will be a big player very impressed by Augustyn second half

Looks decent but time will tell

Loving Igor though!!

Yeah i do also,love Igors passion,we got awarded a goal kick in injury time and he celebrated as if it was a goal.haha,

Hes kindy an unsung hero for me,very steady.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yeah i do also,love Igors passion,we got awarded a goal kick in injury time and he celebrated as if it was a goal.haha,

Hes kindy an unsung hero for me,very steady.

Bob on. Keeps it very simple but looks a well organised player

"4rm" :what:

"d maron" :what:

But he's funny in interviews, wears stupid hats and has a cheesy smile so obviously :jjyay:

letsalllaughathobos

Tell you what the boy could be great in our league

For someone who has not had a proper pre-season and a lack of competitive games there was a period of the game he looked really good,

Shakey at the start but grew into game before the lack of match fitness kicked in,

Time will tell, far superior to mchattie

This may upset some but I didn't think he was that great. Got turned inside out twice in quick succession. One leading to the corner for the goal. Was caught out of position and looked a bit melodramatic when he went down. Maybe just nerves on his debut. Made one good challenge in the box though.

Given time to get used to the league style he could be a big player for us.

Not the best debut I have seen a player make, also no the worst.

This may upset some but I didn't think he was that great. Got turned inside out twice in quick succession. One leading to the corner for the goal. Was caught out of position and looked a bit melodramatic when he went down. Maybe just nerves on his debut. Made one good challenge in the box though.

Not the best debut I have seen a player make,

also no the worst.

Yep pretty much,did have a much better 2 nd half tho,1st half was due to Sows lack of help defensively into.

Tell you what the boy could be great in our league

For someone who has not had a proper pre-season and a lack of competitive games there was a period of the game he looked really good,

Shakey at the start but grew into game before the lack of match fitness kicked in,

Time will tell, far superior to mchattie

Shaky start and clearly not ready for that game so impossible to judge properly. Based on yesterday it would not be possible to say he was far superior to McHattie. He was a weak link in a poor system and performance and was taken out of the back four. Needs games and training with the squad before we can judge his worth.

Teuchterjambo

Loved it at the end when he thumped the hearts badge. Guy is going to be a hero

To be honest the old badge thumping/kissing patter gives me the boke ! A genuine feeling that would provoke that reaction is just not possible in a few days and 90 minutes of football. Professional footballers doing it for effect is cringeworthy.

Call me a cynic if you want but this is just nonsense !

Private Womble

To be honest the old badge thumping/kissing patter gives me the boke ! A genuine feeling that would provoke that reaction is just not possible in a few days and 90 minutes of football. Professional footballers doing it for effect is cringeworthy.

Agreed, maybe if we had just won a cup or something but I find it cringey otherwise.

portobellojambo1

Not the best debut I have seen a player make, also no the worst.

My feelings were he didn't look fit to play Andy. Possibly the system first half as well confused him, as he was effectively playing as part of the midfield rather than a defender, and as a result way too close to Osman Sow, who also looked hopelessly out of position in that first half. My reasoning for suspecting it was more to do with fitness was he was struggling to then get into defensive positions, and Dundee seemed to realise this early on and kept playing cross field balls in behind the midfield as there was no one there defensively. Not the best of days to really make any sort of judgement as we didn't see much of him second half either prior to the substitution. It also looks, from last weekend and second half yesterday, that Rossi looks very comfortable in the left back position, a good situation to be in though having what could be too very good left full backs fighting over the position.

My feelings were he didn't look fit to play Andy. Possibly the system first half as well confused him, as he was effectively playing as part of the midfield rather than a defender, and as a result way too close to Osman Sow, who also looked hopelessly out of position in that first half. My reasoning for suspecting it was more to do with fitness was he was struggling to then get into defensive positions, and Dundee seemed to realise this early on and kept playing cross field balls in behind the midfield as there was no one there defensively. Not the best of days to really make any sort of judgement as we didn't see much of him second half either prior to the substitution. It also looks, from last weekend and second half yesterday, that Rossi looks very comfortable in the left back position, a good situation to be in though having what could be too very good left full backs fighting over the position.

I think your correct about him not being fit enough. I watched the highlights and there was a couple of close ups and he was clearly struggling for breath. In hindsight maybe would have been better starting on the bench.

I think your correct about him not being fit enough. I watched the highlights and there was a couple of close ups and he was clearly struggling for breath. In hindsight maybe would have been better starting on the bench.

Given that we won the match, I think in hindsight it is good that he got game time, even if not 100% fit.  Should strip fitter if selected for the Motherwell game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He is going to be brilliant. Struggled yesterday but it's not too difficult to spot the difference in quality.

The last time he played a game was May. He's obviously not 100% fit, missed preseason, but I think he's gonna be a great player for us. Has a great attitude and will do us proud!

Unknown user

The last time he played a game was May. He's obviously not 100% fit, missed preseason, but I think he's gonna be a great player for us. Has a great attitude and will do us proud!

HOUSE!

Agreed but he should be on the bench for the next two or three games. Give him time to get up to speed.

And he's not praying

Agreed but he should be on the bench for the next two or three games. Give him time to get up to speed.

You don't get up to speed sitting on the bench.

He needs games.

He needs games.

Exactly. The guy is super keen to play and get stuck in. He even wanted to play against st Johnstone. The more games he plays, the quicker he will gel with the rest of the team.

Thought he did great with the ball to set up the second goal, even from the ground.

Godisgod

Marooned In Oz

Looked slightly off the pace but he also put in a great challenge in the lead up to our goal.

He will be one of our best left backs of all time in my opinion. Once he gets up to pace, we will see the player he can be. He is already better than mchattie

He needs games.

but sometimes after a debut and there being a game straight away it's good to take things in from the sidelines.

Wouldn't bother if he played but playing then taking things in is all part of the learning.

As I say though, he could play and it might just be the right thing to do but I'm sure he's happy to just get his debut under his belt even if it means training is more important just now.

No rush for the boy. Rossi has done well at LB so if Juwon needs a week or two to get up to speed then it's no big deal.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No rush for the boy. Rossi has done well at LB so if Juwon needs a week or two to get up to speed then it's no big deal.

This for me. Rossi has been excellent since he arrived, I wouldn't be benching him, personally. If ?zt?rk struggles a bit again, I'd drop him before Rossi every time.

I think Oshaniwa needs to start in order to get up to speed. Bearing in mind he might not be fully fit yet and hasn't got to know the way we play yet, once he's been here a few weeks and gelled properly I think he'll be a brilliant player.

Godisgod.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The one concern I would have is that his positional sense and reading of the game when we were under the cosh was terrible. Hopefully that's not him.

noidletalk81

To be honest the old badge thumping/kissing patter gives me the boke ! A genuine feeling that would provoke that reaction is just not possible in a few days and 90 minutes of football. Professional footballers doing it for effect is cringeworthy.

:spoton:

All very much put on am afraid!

• 1 year later...

Archived