Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

Not trying to take the piss but why do people care in the slightest what squad number he is??

Maybe he likes 78 for some reason! As long as he plays well I couldn't care less!

In my case, I'd like a return to 1 to 11. Numbers like 78, 99 etc just take it to extremes.

People would be happy for him to take 51 yet seethe about other choices [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squad number bring out the radge in some. 

Anyone see him hugging and high fiving all our players off the park after the game? Looks like some character!!

Anyone see him hugging and high fiving all our players off the park after the game? Looks like some character!!

Yes out there making friends and family it's the Hearts way :)

yes - he's certainly enthusiastic

did anyone catch what he said at half time?

yes - he's certainly enthusiastic

did anyone catch what he said at half time?

No chance, I don't think anybody did not even Scott :)

The Internet

In my case, I'd like a return to 1 to 11. Numbers like 78, 99 etc just take it to extremes.

How? :lol: Such a bizarre thing to complain about.

Auld Reekin'

Pronounce the 'J' as if its the letter 'Y' so it would be pronounced Yuwon.

Ewan!   :thumbsup:

Seems a bit of a character.  If he is turns out to be as good a player as we're all hoping he is, I could see him become a cult favourite with the fans.

Seems a bit of a character.  If he is turns out to be as good a player as we're all hoping he is, I could see him become a cult favourite with the fans.

it was like having Gangsta Dave back with that big baseball cap. Hope he's a better player...

Clerry Jambo

Apologies if I have missed this, but has his international clearance come through?

I would personally put him straight in at Dens, mibbe a bit unfair on Rossi who I thought did well today, but Dens is a big wide park and this lad could do some damage.

it was like having Gangsta Dave back with that big baseball cap. Hope he's a better player...

Anyone who has the balls to come out onto the pitch in that get up clearly has no fears.  I'm loving this guy already, just hope he can do the business on the park.

Apologies if I have missed this, but has his international clearance come through?

I would personally put him straight in at Dens, mibbe a bit unfair on Rossi who I thought did well today, but Dens is a big wide park and this lad could do some damage.

Not through yet according to the official article on him.

Nigerian international Juwon Oshaniwa has completed his move to Hearts, subject to international clearance.

jamboinglasgow

It simply requires the Israeli FA to send paperwork to FIFA  All it is an international transfer certificate. So most likely the Israeli FA was closed yesterday and when they next open they send the paperwork and its completed. So he should be cleared before Saturday, unless a massive snag happens.

At the end of the game today he came out the tunnel and high fives all the players coming off. Great attitude to have having been here two days!

Sy

Anyone able to sum up what he said in the interview? Couldn't really hear him properly over the tannoy system due to a combination of shite hearing and the people next to me having a loud conversation :lol:

Arthur Morgan

Anyone able to sum up what he said in the interview? Couldn't really hear him properly over the tannoy system due to a combination of shite hearing and the people next to me having a loud conversation :lol:

Think we need better speakers in the stands as I can barely hear anyone talking at half time.

jamboinglasgow

Think we need better speakers in the stands as I can barely hear anyone talking at half time.

I heard Scott Wilson fine, but could not make out Juwon. Then again it could be that Juwon was speaking too softly.

Arthur Morgan

I heard Scott Wilson fine, but could not make out Juwon. Then again it could be that Juwon was speaking too softly.

Yeah I can always hear Scott Wilson but I can never quite hear whoever it is he is talking to at half time. Maybe it's due to them not speaking towards the mic as much.

any idea what his squad number will be?

Not I.T.K. Just my guess as 23 is free and he had a Jordan cap on, 

Ryan Jarman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33760514

'I'll take my time to start, but if you see me on the pitch against Dundee (on Saturday) you shouldn't be surprised.'

:jjyay: 

Some good quotes, a bit too much talk of the future though for someone who's just joined but I doubt if it's not just the journalists spin on the article. 

On the pitch, off the pitch you need to be professional, you need to have a focus. Gone are the days you just sit in your home and become professional.

"You need to fight for it, on the pitch, off the pitch. At your leisure time, you think football, you eat football, you drink football, and see yourself getting to the utmost place.

"This is what we need as a young player to always have at the back of our mind. Football is difficult, but you can make it easy when you continue to work towards your target, your goal, you never say die, you never give up, you keep pressing until you get there."

Excellent words. If all our young players adopt that attitude then they will be stars.

The interview on STV is absoloute quality,really like this guy already.Confident yet humble and seems to have his head

screwed firmly on.

jamboinglasgow

Bounce game to be arranged early this week for him?

Under 20s play tomorrow night, I wouldn't be surprised if he played in that game.

I was in stratties last night talking about him at a table with a few guys and a guy comes and sits to me drinking coke and looking at his phone. Didn't realise it was Juwon until later on. So strange. Was sitting talking about him but didn't put two and two together that he was sitting in the chair next to me. Just thought it was a random black guy in to watch the chelsea game. 

airdriejambo3

I really liked how he congratulated each and every one of his team mates after the match on sunday, looks like he is a confident young guy who should fit in with the rest of the squad nicely , I am really excited to see if at Tynecastle against Motherwell when we will see what he has going forward. I would imagine if he plays in dundee we will certainly get a chance to see where he is defensively compared to Mchattie .

liked the interview - good positive outlook and seems to have no fear - really looking forward to seeing him in the starting XI

PresidentGrant

If I ever hear him call Robbie "gaffer Neilson" (as in caption Philips) I will lose my shizzel.

Haha it's funny cause he's from Africa.

I wouldn?t say I?m hard, actually, but football is a contact game. It?s not table tennis

Juwon Oshaniwa wants Celtic to see what it missed

IF JUWON Oshaniwa is as good a player as he is a talker then Hearts fans are in for a treat.

The ebullient 24-year-old left-back has bounced into Tynecastle brimming with positivity and clearly bursting to show the Gorgie faithful what he can do.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/juwon-oshaniwa-wants-celtic-to-see-what-it-missed-1-3848606

4th most viewed thread ever on the terrace apparently.

:pleasing:

He seemed to think we should be challenging Celtic for the league soon enough, which was nice to see if a bit optimistic. He seems extremely sensible and quietly excited that he is here. I'm sure his experience playing against Messi etc. will help him to possibly teach our players a thing or two aswell. Exciting times ahead. 

feedtheroman2

Started off a bit shaky and hit a few dodgy passes.

Then he got really stuck in and made some direct runs! Quite happy with his performance to be fair!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looked decent but a bit too eager at times, probably just trying to do well. Few games under his belt and he should settle down a bit and looks like being a good player.

feedtheroman2

Was he as good as he made out was?

Hard to judge on his first outing in Scottish football! Let's wait till his Tynie debut ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Did well - caught out early on by waves of attack incl first goal where whole team went to sleep at corner played short

pushed forward second half as went to 442

Did well first half to make space down left

Overall dug in, made tackles and got foward, can play football

walking fine at end after going down twice after foot/ ankle knocks

Archived