Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Joshua turned up with a game plan and executed it very well. 

Poor to watch. Joshua will get knocked out by Wilder and outboxed by Fury.

Edited by Mort

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mort said:

Folk will moan about the fight but Joshua turned up with a game plan and executed it very well. 

yip, schooled him and those last 10 secs just showed how he frustrated ruiz.

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

Folk will moan about the fight but Joshua turned up with a game plan and executed it very well. 

Aye fair enough but it was boring as ****. 

No wonder people would rather watch UFC. 

Get Joshua in the ring with Wilder. Game over. 

For boxing casuals that was a boring fight. 

For those of us who follow it religiously that was just a masterclass of  boxing skill. 

Well done AJ, proved the doubters wrong. 

Shanks said no

Decent commentary on 5live, didn't sound like much of a fight. Glad I didn't bother going to the Roseburn now.

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

For those of us who follow it religiously that was just a masterclass of  boxing skill. 

haha. What about us that have followed Mike Tyson, Joe calzaghe and Prince Naseem?

That was shite, admit it. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

haha. What about us that have followed Mike Tyson, Joe calzaghe and Prince Naseem?

That was shite, admit it. 

What was shite about it? Did you want Joshua to come in and try and tear it up with a faster and more experienced fighter than himself?

He used every attribute he had over Ruiz and utilised the game plan brilliantly. 

People might think that is boring - not me however. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

What was shite about it? Did you want Joshua to come in and try and tear it up with a faster and more experienced fighter than himself?

He used every attribute he had over Ruiz and utilised the game plan brilliantly. 

I wanted him to get knocked out to be fair. He has all the attributes to be a good fighter but he's a big shite bag. He should of came out and made a statement. He's pish. As i said, get him in the ring with Wilder, Someone that is not a great boxer but has the same height and reach as AJ. Game over. 

fabienleclerq
12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Zackly. 

Proved he is streets ahead of his opponent tonight. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He executed the plan perfectly against a way overweight opponent but spare me part three of the trilogy. Has to be Wilder or Tyson Fury next.

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Zackly. 

Proved he is streets ahead of his opponent tonight. 

Think the first fight proved he isn’t! This fight proved he’d learned to stay away use his reach and dance around the ring. Obviously why he came in lighter too. 
It was a shite fight there’s no two ways about it

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

I wanted him to get knocked out to be fair. He has all the attributes to be a good fighter but he's a big shite bag. He should of came out and made a statement. He's pish. As i said, get him in the ring with Wilder, Someone that is not a great boxer but has the same height and reach as AJ. Game over. 

Pish my arse. 

He has beaten Povetkin, Wyte, Takam, Klitchko (taller than him) Joseph Parker (same height) and now Ruiz. He is a gold medalist. Has only been boxing for 11 years as well. 

I dont know if he beat Wilder or Fury but he has shown today that he can adapt and fight different when needed.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Pish my arse. 

He has beaten Povetkin, Wyte, Takam, Klitchko (taller than him) Joseph Parker (same height) and now Ruiz. He is a gold medalist. Has only been boxing for 11 years as well. 

I dont know if he beat Wilder or Fury but he has shown today that he can adapt and fight different when needed.

Povetkin and Klichko were well past it. He's beaten nobodies and old folk in a shite era. 

5 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Think the first fight proved he isn’t! This fight proved he’d learned to stay away use his reach and dance around the ring. Obviously why he came in lighter too. 

I enjoyed the Povetkin Hunter fight more which  ended up as a shocking decision 

12 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Povetkin and Klichko were well past it. He's beaten nobodies and old folk in a shite era. 

Who has Wilder beaten of any note?

fabienleclerq
22 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Think the first fight proved he was ill prepared and thought he would knock him out. He doesn't have too as he proved tonight if he just boxes clever.

I

Farce.  For a challenger to win on the strength of that performance is a joke. 

Ruiz didn’t have to do the running and normally champions get concessions unless the challenger puts in a totally overwhelming performance. 

Joshua looked tentative and never fully confident in himself.  Never believed he could take the game to Ruiz. 

Stitch up. 

Edited by Debut 4

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Farce.  For a challenger to win on the strength of that performance is a joke. 

Ruiz didn’t have to do the running and normally champions get concessions unless the challenger puts in a totally overwhelming performance. 

Joshua looked tentative and never fully confident in himself.  Never believed he could take the game to Ruiz. 

Stitch up. 

I wasn’t aware of this ‘concessions’ rule any ware in the rule book?

Secondly how is a boxing match a stitch up when one fighter lands vastly more punches?

Rupert Pupkin

Fury/Klitschko = Masterclass.. funny that. Guaranteed Andy felt more jabs in the face than Wladimir did that night.. 

AJ boxed a smart fight. got the job done and showed he had learned from the 1st fight.. 

Folk praise Fury for running around a ring, and proclaim him to be great. A Swedish postie bust up his face ..

Joshua won 9 rounds to 3 on the cards for me 117 to 111. It was a strategic approach to get the win - which at the end of the day is what matters most.

That said - it was far from convincing. Ruiz had no respect for AJ’s alleged devastating power - and was the one trying to push the action. It would’ve been interesting if round 8 had been 30

seconds longer cause Ruiz has AJ wobbled there and he was holding on to see out the round. 

When it’s all been said and done - it was a job done for Joshua, but I don’t think Fury, Wilder or Usyk will be shitting their pants to face him. He’s the money train of the division but by far the most fragile looking of the ones making a claim as number 1.

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

:rofl:

Get in the ring with Fury or Wilder, then he'll prove the doubters wrong. He's a lump of quid who be humiliated by either. A poor man's Frank Bruno.

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Pish my arse. 

Audley Harrison is also a gold medalist.

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Pish my arse. 

Whyte should've knocked him out. Auld man Klitch should've knocked him out. Oh and Parker is 6 ft 3, Joshua is  over 6ft 5. I'd also bring up Vitamin S for his opponents, but it's Joshua. That would be like having a go at Lance Armstrong's opposition.

Anyway, I'll stick to the likes of Nigel Benn, Manny Pacquiao, and Arturo Gatti. And you can watch paint... Sorry Anthony Joshua. 

Edited by ri Alban

A very impressive performance from AJ under the circumstances, but I would like to see him having at least 3 or 4 more fights before going in with Fury or Wilder. The only way he can hold on to the belts is by making mandatory defences. Usyk, pulev, Whyte and Miller.

the good thing about this scenario is the Fury v Wilder fight is more likely to happen sooner. Probably going to be a couple of years before this is all sorted out, but there's a lot of decent match ups in the heavyweight division off the back off this result.

7 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

A very impressive performance from AJ under the circumstances, but I would like to see him having at least 3 or 4 more fights before going in with Fury or Wilder. The only way he can hold on to the belts is by making mandatory defences. Usyk, pulev, Whyte and Miller.

the good thing about this scenario is the Fury v Wilder fight is more likely to happen sooner. Probably going to be a couple of years before this is all sorted out, but there's a lot of decent match ups in the heavyweight division off the back off this result.

Joshua won't fight Fury, Wilder or even Ortiz. I look forward to the Whyte and Chisora fights and the probable Klitschko rematch, when the auld man comes out of retirement.

Hey, AJ, who's you want to fight? Usyk!

Usyk the ex cruiserweight champion who struggle against Tony Blowhard. :rofl:

The right answer any champion worth anything, would be, The winner of Fury v Wilder.

Usyk :rofl:

jack D and coke

Watched the fight again last night and AJ won very easily. 
As a champion though I would’ve liked to see him go in there and bash Ruiz jnr up and rip his belts back instead of running all night. 
Gameplan executed well but an uninspiring performance of a man who in all honesty seemed a bit scared. Scared to get into any sort of fight with a blob who was in even worse shape than in June. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Joshua won't fight Fury, Wilder or even Ortiz. I look forward to the Whyte and Chisora fights and the probable Klitschko rematch, when the auld man comes out of retirement.

Hey, AJ, who's you want to fight? Usyk!

Usyk the ex cruiserweight champion who struggle against Tony Blowhard. :rofl:

The right answer any champion worth anything, would be, The winner of Fury v Wilder.

Usyk :rofl:

There has been many a cruiserweight who has come up and been incredibly successful and not nearly as many of them of them have the talent anywhere near the level of Usyk. If AJ fights and beats Usyk then that will be as credible a win as Fury or AJ. 

You.understand what Mandatory means yeah? As in, if he doesn't fight Usyk/Pulev he loses his belts?

On 07/12/2019 at 22:23, AlimOzturk said:

I love the sport of boxing and yes Aj fought a tactically excellent fight.

That said, I worry for Aj going up against the likes of Fury or Wilder or even potentially Usyk, since the Dillian Whyte fight he's looked like he can be caught fairly easily and when he is he doesn't look to have a great chin. Up against bigger hitters than Ruiz i'm not sure he'll be able to hold for long enough to recover and against the likes of Usyk I don't think he has the speed to avoid potentially concussive combinations. He almost looks scared to let his hands go because he can't defend himself when he does. 

Edited by Ribble

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I love the sport of boxing and yes Aj fought a tactically excellent fight.

That said, I worry for Aj going up against the likes of Fury or Wilder or even potentially Usyk, since the Dillian Whyte fight he's looked like he can be caught fairly easily and when he is he doesn't look to have a great chin. Up against bigger hitters than Ruiz i'm not sure he'll be able to hold for long enough to recover and against the likes of Usyk I don't think he has the speed to avoid potentially concussive combinations. He almost looks scared to let his hands go because he can't defend himself when he does. 

Yeah that’s definitely how it looks to me too. Basically knows now if he gets caught he’s in serious trouble. The 8th round he was very nearly in trouble again. 
At one time I thought he was easily the best of the heavyweights and fair play to him he executed his game plan and won the fight so job done but I was a little disappointed he didn’t go in there and really try take Ruiz out. 
Maybe it’ll take another fight or two to regain confidence too I suppose but the state of Ruiz he shouldn’t be living with AJ. 

Anyone else watching the ultimate boxxer? Seems to be a mix of inexperience and not that great boxers. 

Competition of 3 rounds per fight, all round fought on the night. Actually quite entertaining to watch.

6 hours ago, superjack said:

Anyone else watching the ultimate boxxer? Seems to be a mix of inexperience and not that great boxers. 

Competition of 3 rounds per fight, all round fought on the night. Actually quite entertaining to watch.

Used to love the contender. Thai and boxing versions. Tho, having  Yodsanklai Fairtex fight against very good, but limited fighters was a bit unfair.

Sorry, what channel can I find the ultimate Boxer, please?

On 09/12/2019 at 15:45, jack D and coke said:

Yeah that’s definitely how it looks to me too. Basically knows now if he gets caught he’s in serious trouble. The 8th round he was very nearly in trouble again. 
At one time I thought he was easily the best of the heavyweights and fair play to him he executed his game plan and won the fight so job done but I was a little disappointed he didn’t go in there and really try take Ruiz out. 
Maybe it’ll take another fight or two to regain confidence too I suppose but the state of Ruiz he shouldn’t be living with AJ. 

Lennox Lewis said, it took being hit to flick the switch. AJ needs to get back in the driving seat after his crash, and take the heavy hit, or trepidation is gonnae ruin him. He'll be having nightmares about Wilder if he doesn't fix this mindset, it's difficult, but doable.

Good luck to him, even tho I'm not a fan.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Lennox Lewis said, it took being hit to flick the switch. AJ needs to get back in the driving seat after his crash, and take the heavy hit, or trepidation is gonnae ruin him. He'll be having nightmares about Wilder if he doesn't fix this mindset, it's difficult, but doable.

Good luck to him, even tho I'm not a fan.

Aye I remember how much it changed Lewis too. Lewis was really aggressive and always looking for his opponents before he was champion,  fights like Razor Ruddoch where he just hunted and completely smashed a good fighter. Then he was KO’d then he became a much more cautious and tbh boring guy to watch.  
AJ is definitely suffering this crisis in confidence he just didn’t allow any fighting on the inside at all against Ruiz cos he knew he’s getting plonked on his arse. 
I know you weren’t a fan of AJ lol but I always enjoyed his fights, they were generally always a good watch. I hope that’s not him on his bike in every fight now. 

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Aye I remember how much it changed Lewis too. Lewis was really aggressive and always looking for his opponents before he was champion,  fights like Razor Ruddoch where he just hunted and completely smashed a good fighter. Then he was KO’d then he became a much more cautious and tbh boring guy to watch.  
AJ is definitely suffering this crisis in confidence he just didn’t allow any fighting on the inside at all against Ruiz cos he knew he’s getting plonked on his arse. 
I know you weren’t a fan of AJ lol but I always enjoyed his fights, they were generally always a good watch. I hope that’s not him on his bike in every fight now. 

It's hard for very wealthy fighters to motivate themselves.

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Used to love the contender. Thai and boxing versions. Tho, having  Yodsanklai Fairtex fight against very good, but limited fighters was a bit unfair.

Sorry, what channel can I find the ultimate Boxer, please?

Sorry I'm late replying, it was on bt sport 1.

13 hours ago, superjack said:

Sorry I'm late replying, it was on bt sport 1.

I quite enjoyed the fat ba... I mean the heavyweight division.

47 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Lost a lot of respect for Josh Taylor after admitting he is a racist piece of shit.

Each to their own but he’s just been daft, drink and coke = no filter. I bet he was cringing at it when he sobered up. He's apologised and plead guilty at the first opportunity tbf to him, 2nd chances and all that. I don’t think the boys an arsehole, just caught up in the moment under the influence.

Coke gives you absolutely no tact, you could be the nicest person in the world, after a few lines you could offend everyone in the room and you wouldn’t even know what you’ve said. 

Sexton Hardcastle
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Each to their own but he’s just been daft, drink and coke = no filter. I bet he was cringing at it when he sobered up. He's apologised and plead guilty at the first opportunity tbf to him, 2nd chances and all that. I don’t think the boys an arsehole, just caught up in the moment under the influence.

Coke gives you absolutely no tact, you could be the nicest person in the world, after a few lines you could offend everyone in the room and you wouldn’t even know what you’ve said. 

He’s denying the coke. 

So what’s his excuse? He was moaning recently he wasn’t considered for SPOTY. Won’t be getting anywhere that and will have seriously dented his future earnings with that carry on.

Also see his bint sister trying to defend it. State of people in 2019.