Boxing and UFC

Masonic

4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Not sure.

Not seen enough of his fights to judge.

Does he hold back?

He just wants to stand up, he's an animal. But he's also, probably the best wrestler in the division, but doesn't use  it in the UFC. At all. 

He's crazy and they don't call him The human Highlight real for nothing.

It's Conor v Justin in July if the CV fecks off. Great fight while it lasts.

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last JR fight was an embarrassment

Fair enough, play to your strengths, but both fighters just kinda went through the motions.  That first round is what people now think of the UFC.   Could be why they are trying to push it hard wit the virus lockdown.

The women's fight was amazing though.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

He just wants to stand up, he's an animal. But he's also, probably the best wrestler in the division, but doesn't use it it in the UFC. At all. 

He's crazy and the don't call him The human Highlight real for nothing.

Same goes for JR.  He hardly ever uses his wrestling.  Possibly his strongest attribute

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Same goes for JR.  He hardly ever uses his wrestling.  Possibly his strongest attribute

Who's JR?

If you're bored , have a wee watch of Justin Gaetje on YouTube, you'll love it.

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, ri Alban said:

Who's JR?

If you're bored , have a wee watch of Justin Gaitjae on YouTube, you'll love it.

Sorry.    Yoel Romero.    Spanish J

News just in

Tony Ferguson v Justin Gaetje is the new main event at 249

In front of no crowd?

Greedy Jambo

News just in

Tony Ferguson v Justin Gaetje is the new main event at 249

Sorry, i'm just following you about now cos you're the only one still awake! haha. 

Heard this a few hours ago. I thought it was going to be Ferguson v Connor. 

Not excited about his fight whatsoever. 

How does Gaetje deserve a fight for the interim belt? Poirier beat him ffs. 

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

In front of no crowd?

Probably, but Depends where it is. Dubai isn't in lockdown.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Probably, but Depends where it is. Dubai isn't in lockdown.

Oh well.  Wherever there are still mass groups of people, deserve all that is coming to them.

5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Sorry, i'm just following you about now cos you're the only one still awake! haha. 

Heard this a few hours ago. I thought it was going to be Ferguson v Connor. 

Not excited about his fight whatsoever. 

How does Gaetje deserve a fight for the interim belt? Poirier beat him ffs. 

Number one after Tony? I think, and poirier lost the last fight.Khabib.

If that was the gauge, Conor annihilated Poirier and Max Holloway, but both have went on to have great careers.

Gaetje should have beaten Justin Poireir, and again he didn't use his wrestling. Did you see the state of JP after that fight, he couldn't even walk.

Did you watch the JP v JG it was a lucky punch.

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Oh well.  Wherever there are still mass groups of people, deserve all that is coming to them.

I was hoping they'd leave everything til after. And to me , these fighters deserve better respect. But I'll watch. :)

Greedy Jambo

Number one, and poirer lost the last fight.

If that was the gauge, Conor annihilated Poirier and Max Holloway, but both have went on to have great careers.

Gaetje should have beaten Justin Poireir, and again he didn't use his wrestling. Did you see the state of JP after that fight, he couldn't even walk.

But he didn't.

Pourier finished him off. It wasn't even a judges decision!  

2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

But he didn't.

Pourier finished him off. It wasn't even a judges decision!  

I know. But JP knows he got lucky. It's JGs turn, I suppose.As Conor and JP have had theirs and will have to wait their turn again.  JP v CM would be a good watch. Same outcome, but a good watch, all the same.

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I know. But JP knows he got lucky. It's JGs turn, I suppose.As Conor and JP have had theirs and will have to wait their turn again.  JP v CM would be a good watch. Same outcome, but a good watch, all the same.

My point of view is.. 

I've been a fan of ufc for many years,  I was watching it before the tito v liddell  

It has been utter shite for the last 2 years. 

I know the kronenburg virus has screwed things but we really need a great card, failing that, a great fight between two big names. 

Ferguson v Gate cheese doesn't do it for me.

And for that reason, i'm out. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Just now, Space Pirate said:

My point of view is.. 

I've been a fan of ufc for many years,  I was watching it before the tito v liddell  

It has been utter shite for the last 2 years. 

I know the kronenburg virus has screwed things but we really need a great card, failing that, a great fight between to big names. 

Ferguson v Gate cheese doesn't do it for me.

Khabib shat it. And with Ireland under quarantine, JG is the only fighter ready to go. It'll be great.

I'm with you, I've been watching since Royce and the the fat fecker Fae Hawaii 5-0.

Greedy Jambo

Khabib shat it. And with Ireland under quarantine, JG is the only fighter ready to go. It'll be great.

I'm with you, I've been watching since Royce and the the fat fecker Fae Hawaii 5-0.

Seriously man. Not a fan of kebab but he doesn't shit it from anyone. He's not a great fighter to watch but he's a beast and i would fully expect him to beat Ferguson. 

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Seriously man. Not a fan of kebab but he doesn't shit it from anyone. He's not a great fighter to watch but he's a beast and i would fully expect him to beat Ferguson. 

Ferguson is his worst nightmare. He'll be going about bullying the homeless or intimating opposition fighters families. He fecked up with Tony's family, Ferguson wants his soul.

Khabib's a peace of shit and if Conor hadn't fecked up with the trolley, people would see it.

Edited by ri Alban

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Ferguson is his worst nightmare. He'll be going about bullying the homeless or intimating opposition fighters families. He fecked up with Tony's family, Ferguson wants his soul.

So why hasn't Ferguson had a sniff over the last 3 years?

He's at the end of his career,  he's 36 years old and the last 3 fighters he's beat are done. Cerrrone, pettis and kevin ****ing lee. 

Connor and Kebab would beat him. 

I think you've just got on the hype train with the people watching the queens speech. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Just now, Space Pirate said:

So why hasn't Ferguson had a sniff over the last 3 years?

He's at the end of his career,  he's 36 years old and the last 3 fighters he's beat are done. 

Connor and Kebab would beat him. 

Tony injured twice and Khabib has pulled out 3 times(Nearly died once, through weight cutting).

Tony tripped over TV cables and tore his ACL, a week before the last fight.

Don't forget, they stripped Tony of the title for this, yet let Conor have both titles without defending for over a year. 

Dana White, well I can't really say what I think about him.

On 07/04/2020 at 08:17, Lord BJ said:

Apparently the UFC are buying a private island to put on fights. Planning to start putting on weekly cards from the private island.

Full card has been announced and includes some decent matchup including Nganno v Rozestruick.

Like when zuffa tried get fedor

On 07/04/2020 at 08:17, Lord BJ said:

Apparently the UFC are buying a private island to put on fights. Planning to start putting on weekly cards from the private island.

Full card has been announced and includes some decent matchup including Nganno v Rozestruick.

Money grabbing *******s can't be short of covid test kits for fighter and trainers if they are fighting weekly.Its utter nonsense.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Money grabbing *******s can't be short of covid test kits for fighter and trainers if they are fighting weekly.Its utter nonsense.

Yup.  It's a disgrace.  It really is.

Utter scumbags.

30 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I think this island idea if UFC looking at the future. Coronavirus is clearly going to be here for a while. That is going to cause a lot of issues around travel. 

UFC are preparing for that. For example Cejudo v Aldo has been scrapped for UFC 250. Simply because they can’t get Aldo into country. With a private island I believe they would be able to get round that issues due to no requirement for visa etc. Whilst, I suspect there may be some other benefits they can exploit.

It is to enable international fighters to fight. Whether that‘a right or wrong is a matter of debate. Albeit in the future I think as things relax, it might not be such a bad idea in a world that potentially very different. If they want to continue they will probably need to adapt how they do things. 

That said I think it’s outrageous they are putting on fights right now. Albeit I will watch UFC 249 and be very happy I’m seeing fresh sports. It will be a massive welcome relief from Coronavirus tbh. I fully accept I can be a hypocrite when it suits me🤔

Ohh Cruz will replace Aldo at UFC 250 to fight Cejudo for title. Forgot Cruz actually still fought! Didn’t realise he’s been ready to comeback. I think it’s actually a better fight than the original. I suspect Cruze take it. 

I was strictly talking about 249 also I thought if anybody pulled out for any reason Conor was going to step in but of course he isn't cause he knows it's wrong and not worth his health or health of othhers just as Khabib done.The whole thing just doesn't sit right with me just now it's going to be like an episode of Ultimate Fighter as well.

14 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

My bad. I misunderstood. 

Conor McGregor I think is too valuable to step up in this situation. With Conor comes a lot of other stuff, which would be impossible in the current climate. Plus he is being incredibaly sensible and proactive in response to this. Using his platform to encourage people abide lockdowns, donating left/right and centre and influencing politicians. 

It will be very weird, watching 249 without a crowd but I’m so desperate for sport I don’t care. Might even get up and watch the thing live. 

I assume you’ll watch it. How you see Tony v Gatjae going?

I think Tony wins but they both get hit so much in fights that Gaethje might just ko Tony but more likely Gaethje tires and Tony chokes him out after a total brawl.

As for Conor I'm actually defending him for once I think he is totally right to be sitting still and encouraging other to do likewise.

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

My bad. I misunderstood. 

Conor McGregor I think is too valuable to step up in this situation. With Conor comes a lot of other stuff, which would be impossible in the current climate. Plus he is being incredibaly sensible and proactive in response to this. Using his platform to encourage people abide lockdowns, donating left/right and centre and influencing politicians. 

It will be very weird, watching 249 without a crowd but I’m so desperate for sport I don’t care. Might even get up and watch the thing live. 

I assume you’ll watch it. How you see Tony v Gatjae going? 

Live T10 cricket from Abu Dhabi on Free Sports  now. Well it says live 🤣

Edited by ri Alban

43 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Cancelled apparently. Dana White talks utter shite.

Disney demanded that he just scrap the event.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Boooooo!!!!!!

I'll just need to go to the shops to see some square goes and trolley dodgems. 😀

20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I hss as we just seem this. Probably the correct decision but I do wonder why Disney/ESPN decided to intervene about a week before as opposed now. 

It is what it is. 

Probably pressure to do so they were kind of bending the law really by putting on in tribal land

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

in fairness that’s how the UFC started out. However, your probably correct Disney/ESPN were probably concerned about negative publicity. Whereas Dana couldn’t give a shiny shit and works on the basis all publicity is good. 

I’m just bummed getting no fresh fights, as selfish as this is. 

I’ll maybe watch some old fights on UFC fight pass. 

Any favourite fights rom the past that might be worth watching? 

Lesnar v Carwin 

Hughes v Trigg 2

Edgar v Maynar 3

Macdonald v Condit

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Good.  A little common sense.

Greed is already gonna **** America with the virus.

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Cheers.

Just watched the Highes v Trigg 2 as I don’t think I ever seen it. Some comeback. 

I hated Hughes as a fighter. SO decided to watch GSP when he was a striker batter HUghes to make me feel better 😂

I liked early Hughes he became a pure dick though and it was great to see GSP beat him after he mocked him after the first fight they had.GSP is my fav fighter of all time though

Edited by vegas-voss

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Can’t ****ing wait. Some real good fights as well. A bit disappointed its Tony v Gatjae, as opposed to Khabib but  just having a touch of normality, will be most welcome.

It's a fecking great card.Of course wanted Khabib v Tony but I reckon the fight with Just is going to be really exciting ( do these two ever not have fight of the night ).

So Cowboy fighting Connor wasn't an easy stitch up comeback fight for MacGregor, but now he is not good enough to fight on the actual main card.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

dr-evil-right.gif

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Your bang on about both putting on excited fights. Hope TF wins as really want to see him face Khabib.

Interested to see Cruz fight again. It happens so rarely but ring rust doesn’t seem to effect him. Kind of want him to win not Cejudos biggest fan, though he has grown massively as a fighter.

Nganua v Rosezntruilk should guarantee a KO, though I thought the same when Nagano fought Lewis.

Cruz coming back after 15 years out getting a title fight is a disgrace.  The UFC is becoming more of a joke every day.   Why bother with the ranking system at all?

Saying that, Cejudos is a smug little c u next Tuesday

Edited by Lovecraft

On 15/04/2020 at 08:41, Lord BJ said:

Dana White plans to start fight cards from Vegas in May. They plan to use UFC Apex Centre for fights. 

The way they are talking in the US, probably a reasonable chance it happens 

I believe 9 May will be first card and will include Ferguson v Gatjae

If there is one place in the world that doesn't give a **** about covid, it's the good old US of A.

God will save them.

If he doesn't, they will die with money.

7 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Cruz coming back after 15 years out getting a title fight is a disgrace.  The UFC is becoming more of a joke every day.   Why bother with the ranking system at all?

Saying that, Cejudos is a smug little c u next Tuesday

Cruz deserves a title shot. His record is phenomenal. 

8 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

So Cowboy fighting Connor wasn't an easy stitch up comeback fight for MacGregor, but now he is not good enough to fight on the actual main card.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

dr-evil-right.gif

Does the prelim headliner not get paid more than lower main event fights.Might just be shite I heard years ago but I'm sure it's something I heard 😂

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Does the prelim headliner not get paid more than lower main event fights.Might just be shite I heard years ago but I'm sure it's something I heard 😂

Can't imagine so.

There are about 6 people in the crowd watching at that point and about 3000 watching the stream/tv coverage.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Cruz deserves a title shot. His record is phenomenal. 

It might be, but when was the last time he fought?

Just checked.

It was Dec 30, 2016

Dec 30, 2016

What about all the fighters that have been active and working their way up the """"" rankings """"""?

Edited by Lovecraft

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Can't imagine so.

There are about 6 people in the crowd watching at that point and about 3000 watching the stream/tv coverage.

No idea I just know it's on US TV or used to be on TV (Spike , Fox etc ) and they drew large numbers and then it switched to ppv.