Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a knockout punch by Daniel Dubois.

Looks a real talent at heavyweight though tonight's opponent was just too small in stature

With Joe Joyce as well the UK has some depth at heavyweight

27 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

That Japanese guy was a bum. 

Inevitable and as much I think Doubois is talented he needs to fight someone like Joe Joyce as he has passed the stage of fighting journeyman.

10 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Inevitable and as much I think Doubois is talented he needs to fight someone like Joe Joyce as he has passed the stage of fighting journeyman.

Kevin Johnson took him the distance, someone joshua annihilated in 2 rounds. 

British level fighter IMO

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Kevin Johnson took him the distance, someone joshua annihilated in 2 rounds. 

British level fighter IMO

Possibly but he is still young so plenty time in reaching his peak.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21 December 2019 at 22:21, CJGJ said:

What a knockout punch by Daniel Dubois.

Looks a real talent at heavyweight though tonight's opponent was just too small in stature

With Joe Joyce as well the UK has some depth at heavyweight

I'd like to see him brought through gradually, and not rushed into a big fight anytime soon. 

He has bags of time on his hands and there's enough heavyweights even domestically that can beat each other while he comes up.

Could be a star of the future if managed right. Money usually decides though, but as always with heavyweights the real test is when they get clipped by a world class opponent after being used to knocking out journey men.

Josh Taylor signs with Top Rank with exclusive multi fight deal with ESPN setting up at super fight with Ramirez later this year.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Looks like he will be leaving behind Shane McGuigan though going by Cyclones statement

Time will tell, but I think this could be a huge mistake. Top rank have obviously turned his head with telephone number purses, but Taylor came through in the cyclone family and Shane has done a great job with him. Would prefer him to stick with the trainer that got him there like Froch and AJ did.

looks a bit  like top rank want his belts for their man Ramirez, and are willing to pay.

All said and done though it's probably going to be the contract that sets him up for life, very hard to turn down.

I think it's more down to Barry than Shane, the reason for departure from Cyclone. Frampton, Cummings and Chantelle Cameron have all left. I think the only 'recognised' fighter then now have is Lee Mcgregor. 

There's been quotes related to missing money, certainly from Frampton at least. It's a shame as Shane done a great job and all looked really tight on a documentary last year

1 hour ago, G.Wright said:

I think it's more down to Barry than Shane, the reason for departure from Cyclone. Frampton, Cummings and Chantelle Cameron have all left. I think the only 'recognised' fighter then now have is Lee Mcgregor. 

There's been quotes related to missing money, certainly from Frampton at least. It's a shame as Shane done a great job and all looked really tight on a documentary last year

Gd point, but Frampton jumping didn't do his career any favours, he didn't get the third fight with Santa Cruz. Then was out boxed by Warrington. Taylor was in the camp when Frampton went over to the us, first time great win second time not so gd.

This might have more to do with money taking cyclone down. Warren and Hearn won't be shedding any tears.

its a shame because they have done a lot of things right. But looks like they are being pushed out.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, G.Wright said:

Lee left them too. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Thoughts and predictions? 

The UFC needs McGregor , I miss all his trash talking etc. 

If he wins, great. I hope he goes on to have another 4 or 5 fights. 

At the same time, I prefer Cerrone as a human being! and would be pleased for him if he get's the win. 

Who's going to win? 

Cerrone is the bigger man, he has a better all round game and his cardio is going to be better than McGregor's. 

But... he's nearing the end of his career IMO.

McGregor has been away from the game for a long time and i'm not sure he's as fully committed to it now that he's earned his money. 

It's certainly an interesting one. 

Conor-McGregor-Donald-Cerrone-UFC-246-1216932.jpg

Edited by Space Pirate

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Thoughts and predictions? 

The UFC needs McGregor , I miss all his trash talking etc. 

If he wins, great. I hope he goes on to have another 4 or 5 fights. 

At the same time, I prefer Cerrone as a human being! and would be pleased for him if he get's the win. 

Who's going to win? 

Cerrone is the bigger man, he has a better all round game and his cardio is going to be better than McGregor's. 

But... he's nearing the end of his career IMO.

McGregor has been away from the game for a long time and i'm not sure he's as fully committed to it now that he's earned his money. 

It's certainly an interesting one. 

Conor-McGregor-Donald-Cerrone-UFC-246-1216932.jpg

Hope McGregor gets his arse kicked. Hate him

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hope McGregor gets his arse kicked. Hate him

Ha. I like his confidence. We should employ him as our striking coach. 

I had a massive argument with one of my mates about who would win against aldo. 

What a night that was!

6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

They're feeding this guy to McGregor to give him an easy comeback, that's the plan anyway.

Donald Cerrone!? Easy!? The man with the most Wins/Fights/stoppages in UFC history. Aye, Easy right enough.

Can I ask you a question. Name me an easy fight/Fighter Conor McGregor has fought on the UFC?

Aldo

Chad

Eddie

Nate

Kabab

Donald

Even his first fights were against class fighters. Conor's alot of things, but when it comes to the UFC he'll fight all comers.

Jorge or the winner of Tony and Kabab next, if he beats Cowboy.

Edited by ri Alban

23 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ve watched quite a bit of build up for UFC 246.

The one thing I have noticed is how relaxed McGregor is. He’s more like the Conor that burst on the scene a relaxed confidence in himself and his ability. The over the top promotion has disappeared and he seems way more focused than he did. He doesn’t seem on edge and I think that will work in his favour.

It may be absence of a weight cut but he does come across as a different person.

18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Well we got the charismatic charming Conor. 

It’s was a bit of bromance presser but I can’t wait for the fight. 

A couple of random thoughts

McGregor makes everyone money, to a much greater extent than anyone else. 
McGregor is going boxing it would appear, I imagine the boxing title he is talking about will be a zuffa boxing title.

Anyone got a view how the fight goes?

too many question marks to bet conor at 1/3 especially when cowboy can win by headkick submission or decision

will be interesting to see if conor will have cardio if it goes deep into the 4th and 5th also will be interesting the fight night weight as i believe cowboy can get upto around 185lbs

conors only really had 1 win in the last 4 years and that was the alvarez fight as the judges robbed diaz

Although mcgregor has been out for ages I think he takes this one, he is a better striker so if he keeps it stand up I think he wins, that being said Cerrone is no joke and I think his plan will be to get Connor to the ground, Cerrone is good on the ground and I’d fancy him to win via submission, it’s the ufc so anything could happen 🤣.

cant wait for it.

On 12/01/2020 at 07:03, ri Alban said:

Donald Cerrone!? Easy!? The man with the most Wins/Fights/stoppages in UFC history. Aye, Easy right enough.

Can I ask you a question. Name me an easy fight/Fighter Conor McGregor has fought on the UFC?

Aldo

Chad

Eddie

Nate

Kabab

Donald

Even his first fights were against class fighters. Conor's alot of things, but when it comes to the UFC he'll fight all comers.

While I'll acknowledge there's no such thing as an easy fight, his first ufc fight was against Marcus Brimage. Also fought against Diego Brandao and Dennis Siver. None of which were highly ranked or rated. 

Folk do keep underestimating McGregor mind you. 

I don't like his patter plus I'm still not convinced he's all that good. He should have enough against an ageing Cerrone. 

luckyBatistuta

Don’t really watch UFC, but the weigh in just came on in the restaurant tv here and now I’m looking forward to it. Hope McGregor gets pumped, loves himself.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Don’t really watch UFC, but the weigh in just came on in the restaurant tv here and now I’m looking forward to it. Hope McGregor gets pumped, loves himself.

He's just a boy who got carried away with his success.(And he did make the Fighters all better off now). I hope he comes good.

Looking forward to seeing the Conor of old and new. I wish both Fighters well.

Mcgregor's cardio gets worse the more weight he's carrying.

It's going to be a bad night for him if he doesn't get it done before round 3.

P. S how calm does cerrone look! 

Cerrones biggest problem might come from if mcgregor gets a good start, he usually comes in guns blazing and cerrone is a slow starter, canny wait for it but having to find a stream so any links would be appreciated.

Won a bit of cash on Soddiq and Camur so put a fun bet of $20 on Roxy by submission at 25/1. 😂💥

Goddamn that was close. Her stand-up might look a bit mental as she jiggles around like a drunk outside a chippy but she's been effective in her last 2 fights and her ground game is elite.

Not totally convinced he's ready to win a belt at any weight tbh.

Tony and Khabib are too good at LW and he's too small at WW. Imagine what Colby or Usman would do to him on the ground. Doesn't even deserve considering.

He's a natural LW so he should prove he can fight and win at 155 against a top 5 guy or two and then he'll maybe deserve a pop at the winner of Tony v Khabib.

I'd live to see him fight Poirier at 155 this time.

Edit. Or Gaethje but he's an extremely accomplished wrestler although he doesn't rely on it.

On 12/01/2020 at 07:03, ri Alban said:

Aldo

Chad

Eddie

Nate

Kabab

Donald

LOl dude, I told you this was a joke match up. 

10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seen  the fight...Was a gift to McGregor In the end. 

Yup.

Cerrone - the guy who struggles against southpaws

And boxers

And fast starts...

3 ko’s in different divisions is mightily impressive, however I do believe he’s getting served a 3 piece n soda very soon 🤞🤣

5 hours ago, Jambojay84 said:

3 ko’s in different divisions is mightily impressive, however I do believe he’s getting served a 3 piece n soda very soon 🤞🤣

I think he'd be crazy to go looking for that if he wants another run at a title. I'd give him about 5-10% chance of winning.

Jorge doesn't get KOd and he's outstanding on the ground. Demian Maia said he had the best BJJ out of everyone he'd ever fought. He also walks around close to 200lbs. Conor would be stupid to go down this route.