Boxing and UFC

Masonic

On 24/10/2019 at 11:57, Ribble said:

I'll be there too but probably nowhere near the mob from the pans as i'm a guest of Matchroom!

Should be an interesting crowd, Josh fans from the pans, burn's lot for the weedge, Selby's from wales, scousers for Price and the brixton gangsters for Del boy!

Nothing wrong with the Pans having been brought up there. Have backed Taylor at 5/4 to win and 5/1 inside the distance. (Favorable odds on( Ladbrokes) . Looking forward to watching tonight,s card.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

Anyone have any idea what time the Chisora fight and Taylor fight are likely to start?

I think Chisora is on after the Burns fight so maybe around half hour or so, Taylor will be on after.

Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

Anyone have any idea what time the Chisora fight and Taylor fight are likely to start?

Taylor ringwalk due 22:30.

Fantastic win for Taylor.  He had to adapt after early rounds and did that brilliantly.

The last score of 117-112 didn't sound right mind you, sounded as lot closer.

Has to be a rematch you think.

6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Fantastic win for Taylor.  He had to adapt after early rounds and did that brilliantly.

The last score of 117-112 didn't sound right mind you, sounded as lot closer.

Has to be a rematch you think.

I couldn't make out which scores came from which judges but if they read them out in the order they were introduced at the start then that last one was from a Mexican I think which is very unusual.

Some fight, Taylor imo won it in rounds 7 to 10, I thought the earlier rounds were shared, and in the last two both fighters gave it their all and possibly shared those, well done to the laddie thoroughly deserved it.

13 minutes ago, graygo said:

I couldn't make out which scores came from which judges but if they read them out in the order they were introduced at the start then that last one was from a Mexican I think which is very unusual.

A lot of the rounds were very close so can only surmise he scored the ones that most people scored to Prograis as even rounds.

Had Taylor by one round.**** me what a fighter he is though skill and no shortage of heart so proud of my fellow Panner and I know Murphy ( father inlaw )will have been looking down on him.

Edited by vegas-voss

Brilliant fight and credit to both boxers. Think Taylor deserved to win but Prograis showed class and dignity in defeat.There are times when you don’t mind subscribing for on demand and certainly got value for money tonight 

One of the best fights I've seen live. Skill, chin and heart from both. Delighted Taylor got the titles but Progress has earned a lot of respect. I had it one round to Taylor but couldn't argue either way. 

One of the best fights i've seen in a long time. 

Worth watching and so proud of a fellow Scot!

Well done lad

Siphiwe Tshabalala
10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Had Taylor by one round.**** me what a fighter he is though skill and no shortage of heart so proud of my fellow Panner and I know Murphy ( father inlaw )will have been looking down on him.

Absolutely.

jack D and coke

Cracking night. Josh has a plenty of English fans too I spoke a lot of lads who were there to support him there. 
Don’t think he won convincingly but he did win that. 
Great stuff. 

44 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Cracking night. Josh has a plenty of English fans too I spoke a lot of lads who were there to support him there. 
Don’t think he won convincingly but he did win that. 
Great stuff. 

Agreed on the support, was superb!

I’ll watch the fight back when I get home but I actually thought Josh was the clear winner, landed more power shots and just felt he dominated the ring ring better, get a much different view of the fight live than on tv

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Agreed on the support, was superb!

I’ll watch the fight back when I get home but I actually thought Josh was the clear winner, landed more power shots and just felt he dominated the ring ring better, get a much different view of the fight live than on tv

Yeah looking forward to watching again when I get up the road👍🏼

Great performance from Taylor ,the fact he had to stay in the pocket over the last three rounds to avoid being hit on his blind side due to the eye injury was mighty impressive.

His last five opponents had a combined record of 126 wins 4 defeats. What he's achieved in just 16 fights is incredible.

jack D and coke

Watched it all again. 

Literally nothing in it. 
I think I’ve got that even....maybe the atmosphere had me thinking josh was more in control than he was. 

Hard to disagree with first judges card having that a draw. 

17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Watched it all again. 

Literally nothing in it. 
I think I’ve got that even....maybe the atmosphere had me thinking josh was more in control than he was. 

I had it by one but looking back some of those early rounds it's easy to score it either way I don't think Prograis was doing that much to win those rounds.Also if not for the clash of heads that brought on the cut I think Josh would have won the last couple of rounds as well.What was evident was just how much stronger Josh was I reckon two or three more fights and we will see him move to 147.Incredible to think if he beats Ramirez he will have achieved what Crawford done but against a higher calibre of opponent.

On 18/09/2019 at 13:28, AlimOzturk said:

The dark destroyer, Nigel Benn coming out of retirement to fight Sakio Bika a former world champion. Benn is 55 years old and last fought 23 years ago getting beat twice by Steve Collins. Bika ON the other hand is only 40 years old and last fought 4 years ago. 

Both men are in incredible shape however I think this will be an easy night for Bika. 

Nigel Benn has retired. 

Shoulder injury not responding to treatment.

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nigel Benn has retired. 

Shoulder injury not responding to treatment.

Good news IMO. Not that I wanted him to get injured or anything but more to do with him humiliating himself. 

Reckon there should be considerations for a senior boxing event and licence. More and more boxers keep themselves in excellent shape once they hang up their gloves and whilst they may not be able to compete against the youngsters they could still compete against foes their own. Should at least be allowed the choice as it is in their blood. Here about Lennox Lewis toying with the idea and Evendar Holyfield. 

Could have over 40s and over 50s categories and it would stop these ridiculous comeback attempts. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

20 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Watched it all again. 

Literally nothing in it. 

Also rewatched it and on TV the fight looked a lot closer than my view of it live.

I think it's both that on TV you get to see things up closer so saw more of Prograis work that you didn't really see live, but at the same point the TV angles don't really give you as good a view on how well Josh dominated ring position, even times when he was on the backfoot he was retreating to the middle of the ring. 

Despite it being closer than I thought originally I had still had Taylor winning by a couple.

It's interesting to see how the judges scored round by round

1 - 2-1 Prograis

2 - 2-1 Taylor

3 - 2-1 Taylor

4 - 2-1 Prograis

5 - 2-1 Taylor

6 - 3-0 Taylor

7 - 3-0 Taylor

8 - 1 level, 2 Prograis

9 - 3-0 Taylor

10 - 3-0 Taylor

11 - 2-1 Prograis

12 - 2-1 Prograis

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Also rewatched it and on TV the fight looked a lot closer than my view of it live.

I think it's both that on TV you get to see things up closer so saw more of Prograis work that you didn't really see live, but at the same point the TV angles don't really give you as good a view on how well Josh dominated ring position, even times when he was on the backfoot he was retreating to the middle of the ring. 

Despite it being closer than I thought originally I had still had Taylor winning by a couple.

It's interesting to see how the judges scored round by round

1 - 2-1 Prograis

2 - 2-1 Taylor

3 - 2-1 Taylor

4 - 2-1 Prograis

5 - 2-1 Taylor

6 - 3-0 Taylor

7 - 3-0 Taylor

8 - 1 level, 2 Prograis

9 - 3-0 Taylor

10 - 3-0 Taylor

11 - 2-1 Prograis

12 - 2-1 Prograis

Yeah I get that Taylor likes to dominate the ring. He constantly pushes into his opponents and keeps them back where he wants them. I didn’t think it was a fight of lots of clean shots from either man, they both landed good punches here and there and they both grafted their bolloks off but tbh I was struggling to seperate them. 
Delighted Josh got the decision obviously just glad I didn’t have to score it. 
The Italian judge is an absolute eejit tho. Laughable scorecard. 

Rumours flying about that Nigel Benn was chained pretty badly in sparring. I seen footage of him smashing a heavy bag pretty comfortably so the shoulder injury just doesn't really wash. 

He was sparring with Craig Richard's, a fairly decent pro with a decent record. 29 years old and apparently instructed not to go easy. 

Benns face was fairly swollen and bashed up in the interview I seen. Surprised they didnt somehow was in sparring before granting the fight.

Edited by AlimOzturk

22 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah I get that Taylor likes to dominate the ring. He constantly pushes into his opponents and keeps them back where he wants them. I didn’t think it was a fight of lots of clean shots from either man, they both landed good punches here and there and they both grafted their bolloks off but tbh I was struggling to seperate them. 
Delighted Josh got the decision obviously just glad I didn’t have to score it. 
The Italian judge is an absolute eejit tho. Laughable scorecard. 

Show's you the fine margins in boxing though, he only actually had 4 rounds that neither of the other two agreed upon, Polanco had 3 rounds scored differently to the other two judges while Rousell had all 12 rounds the same as at least one of the other judges.

On 18/05/2019 at 22:44, Tazio said:

I’m watching the Billy Joe Saunders fight on BT. Undoubtedly a good boxer but ultimately unlikeable as he’s an arrogant little prick with no respect for his opponent. I hope he gets knocked on his arse. 

hes fighting on the same card as the youtube guys ksi and logan paul shame its against someone much weaker though i would have liked to see him fight canelo

Canelo with an absolutely brutal KO against Kovalev last night. Now simultaneously the Middleweight and Light Heavyweight champion of the world :lol: 

What a fighter he is.

• 2 weeks later...