Rangers/Celtic/Loss/Win [Multiple Merged Threads]

cleriejungle

Only a Game
As I understand it from the last week on this board, it goes something like "if you're critical of one, then you're supporting the other". Not much room for subtlety or clear thinking for many posters on the board this past 7 days since the forum was infected with the virus "Apologists v1.0"...

I'm hoping that the board will get over the infection but I have a bad feeling that it may be here for some time to come...a few seem to feel they have been empowered by it.

I've been thinking about this for a while DB. Our season, US, thats Hearts by the way for those who had forgotten, has been over for quite some time now, and we've had feck all to talk about or get excited about for months.

Its understandable at the erse end of a really bad season that football minds wander over to where there is some excitement and something to talk about. When that happens people tend to chose sides/teams that they are not normally that bothered about and the more vociferous of them are judged as being actual fans of those clubs. Okay theres a darker side to some of them I agree, but generally what has happened on this board in the last few weeks is down to sheer boredom and apathy for our own club IMO.

I am quite sure that now the season is over and there's only the Euro's to come before the pre season, that it wont be long before EVERYONE can focus on being Hearts fans again, and we rid ourselves of all this unbecoming west coast Rangers/Chelsea/Man Utd/ Celtic nonsense that is no concern of ours.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
winston churchill
It's no fun when another team wins the league at your ground, it's happened a few times at Tynecastle over the years. The away fans are entitled to celebrate, I always found the best thing to do was to get out as quickly as possible and let them get on with it.

has it:confused:

Only a Game
this kind of "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" to sectarianism really does my head in. Does nothing but help perpetuate it IMO.

that goes for the likes of "only an excuse" and terry butcher and his mason joke the other night too

I have been assured for months on here, both by many posters and by the mod team that there is nothing sectarian or untoward about linking Her majesty and the bloke on the horse to Glasgow Rangers FC, either in a joking sense or otherwise.

Their inclusion in my post was meant to amuse. I'm sorry if it stirred something in you, or anyone else, that was not intended.

I've been thinking about this for a while DB. Our season, US, thats Hearts by the way for those who had forgotten, has been over for quite some time now, and we've had feck all to talk about or get excited about for months.

Its understandable at the erse end of a really bad season that football minds wander over to where there is some excitement and something to talk about. When that happens people tend to chose sides/teams that they are not normally that bothered about and the more vociferous of them are judged as being actual fans of those clubs. Okay theres a darker side to some of them I agree, but generally what has happened on this board in the last few weeks is down to sheer boredom and apathy for our own club IMO.

I am quite sure that now the season is over and there's only the Euro's to come before the pre season, that it wont be long before EVERYONE can focus on being Hearts fans again, and we rid ourselves of all this unbecoming west coast Rangers/Chelsea/Man Utd/ Celtic nonsense that is no concern of ours.

Would love to think so, there have been a certain amount of 'true colours' shown by a few posters on here the past wee while though.

Commander Harris
I have been assured for months on here, both by many posters and by the mod team that there is nothing sectarian or untoward about linking Her majesty and the bloke on the horse to Glasgow Rangers FC, either in a joking sense or otherwise.

Their inclusion in my post was meant to amuse. I'm sorry if it stirred something in you, or anyone else, that was not intended.

I didn't say it was sectarian, I said it was a nod to sectarianism(well, a nudge, nudge, wink, wink to it anyway :)). thanks for the apology, although the only thing it has stirred in me is my antipathy towards such nonsense.

Only an excuse is meant to amuse too, I find it rarely does.

Cairneyhill Jambo

You've got a cheek slagging off Rangers and Chelsea fans when you support a team that finished 8th in the crappiest league in the world. Maybe a wee bit jealous Fartridge.

For the record, I do support Hearts and my "English" team is West Ham.

winston churchill
You've got a cheek slagging off Rangers and Chelsea fans when you support a team that finished 8th in the crappiest league in the world. Maybe a wee bit jealous Fartridge.

i bet this one gets closed down.

A little defensive for someone who doesn't care about Rangers or Chelsea.

And why the speech marks? Is England just a metaphor?

shaun.lawson
It's something I wouldn't dream of doing:cool: going down to Manchester and getting arrested for RFC:wacko:

Yes - but will you express your disgust to them when you next see them? And are you disgusted in the first place?

What a knob.

He sums up what's wrong with football in Glasgow.

Drew Busby !

Theres a lot of truth in that and it will probably die a natural death. As much as I've "risen to the bait", I'm aware that some of the posters are just being agent provocateurs on the topic. Unfortunately I think its a poisonous topic with which to dabble in for the hell of it ... an alien virus I don't want to see take hold on here.

Euros in a couple of weeks - and maybe McGhee - and we can all get back to normal. Remind me though... was there ever a "normal" time on this board :laugh:

Only a Game
The SFA/Lothians police would not allow celtic to lift up the cup at tynie they would have to wait until the get home,many of the posters above prove why they would do so.

Celtic wouldnt get as many tickets at tynie as they do at other grounds either.

On the contrary, the SFA/LBP would go to extrordinary lengths to ensure that it could happen peacefully, as it should be, and I am quite sure that Hearts would, again quite correctly, ban for life anyone chosing to disrupt it. League titles have been won in Edinburgh in the recent past, not at Tynecastle that I can remember in recent years right enough, but they passed off with no problems from home fans.

Do people really have a need to have Tynecastle and Hearts FC marked down as the only ground where it would not be desirable for a team, other than Hearts FC, to win the league ? Or should I read into this that its only Celtic winning it there that some would object to ?

freddiemac

annoying wee tosser/thug, but did he not do a similar challege on a hibs player at ibrox ? and picked up a yellow card.

can see how he is a fans favourite , he probably replicates hundreds of huns in the stands!

Ivan Drago

I didnt realise AP had an Andoran team

• Moderators

Can I just remind you all that criticism of Celtic and their fans is certainly allowed but racist/sectarian comments are not.

Thanks

Mod3

Cairneyhill Jambo

Defensive? You've got to give them credit, that's all.

They both reached finals of European competitions. We couldn't even finish best of the rest.

As for the speech marks, someone is just trying to wind up certain posters on here and they know it.

amen to that.

annoying wee tosser/thug, but did he not do a similar challege on a hibs player at ibrox ? and picked up a yellow card.

can see how he is a fans favourite , he probably replicates hundreds of huns in the stands!

He got a straight red that day as well.

Don't remember him acting like this when he was with Dundee.

The Old Tolbooth

One of the guys in the club stood up and shouted at the telly for Duff to get up, as he clearly dived, you couldn't make it up

He was incensed when Novo was sent packing! :D

Doctor FinnBarr
Perhaps you should consider carefully your suitability to enter Tynecastle again then, because the club certainly would.

MOD EDIT

:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

They both reached finals of European competitions. We couldn't even finish best of the rest.

As for the speech marks, someone is just trying to wind up certain posters on here and they know it.

And you were kind enough to be his first bite? Well done.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm not in anyway comparing Chelsea or Rangers season to Hearts season.

The guys on here like to rub it in everyones face when results go their way and I am sure they are big enough to take a bit of a ribbing. :)

Hope this helps.

Commander Harris
They gave this clown manager of the year for winning the league cup on penalties.

he he!

excellent point :biggrin:

hopefully that's all he'll win with Nelly MacFarlane bossing the midfield. :)

Doctor FinnBarr
annoying wee tosser/thug, but did he not do a similar challege on a hibs player at ibrox ? and picked up a yellow card. can see how he is a fans favourite , he probably replicates hundreds of huns in the stands!
How can he replicate anyone when he,s in a shower, wee spanish ****!:confused:

Ivan Drago

Cant wait til Holland get papped out the Euros to complete the treble ;)

correct tynecastle will never be green white and gold FTC

i agree with this one.

if celtic won the league at tynie there would be people going raj,

tynecastle will never be green white and hold FTC

Only a Game
[/b]

Would love to think so, there have been a certain amount of 'true colours' shown by a few posters on here the past wee while though.

Yes thats true, but I think we are possibly on the brink of some very good news for a change, and perhaps a decent pre-season, and some decent signings on the way. Things might be about to get better (feck did I really say that) and maybe a bit of forgiving and forgetting wouldnt go amiss so that we can get back to what we are really here for.

nobody in scotland actually likes celtic, except the 60,000 fans that go watch them every home game and the odd 2000 that goto there away games,.

i think if they give us a bigger allocation at darkheid then we could take a few thousand at least.

There is no green,white and gold flag for Ireland.

It's green, white and orange. Sorry if that messes up the party songs.

i think if they give us a bigger allocation at darkheid then we could take a few thousand at least.

I'm not sure if there would, I won't go there due to the fans and police.

Cairneyhill Jambo
And you were kind enough to be his first bite? Well done.

Thank you.

But why the question mark?

i'll think you'll find the ones that are at darkheid are green white and gold but we don't care it's ireland ffs.

Thank you.

But why the question mark?

Because it's generally good grammar to end a question with one.

i'll think you'll find the ones that are at darkheid are green white and gold but we don't care it's ireland ffs.

I like Ireland and Irish people generally. I try not to generalise.

I'm not sure if there would, I won't go there due to the fans and police.

true the police are the worst

there fans throw things at ye and that and point imaginary guns towards u and nothing gets done about it.

Cairneyhill Jambo

The guys on here like to rub it in everyones face when results go their way and I am sure they are big enough to take a bit of a ribbing. :)

QUOTE]

Aye, the Celtic/Manure fans are loving it this week.

I love Cyndi Laupers song "True Colours"

Cairneyhill Jambo
Because it's generally good grammar to end a question with one.

But it wasn't a question. Good luck in your English exam.

Rawrrrrrrr

On the board recently?

We have always had the occasional thread but the last few weeks have been ridicolous

Why exactly does this issue seem to have suddenly hit puberty?

PortyJambo
Antics .....? What Antics ? I hope we get Antics like that someday. It looks feckin brilliant from where I'm sitting

Well said OAG, I'd give anything for us to be where they were tonight.

janie jones
I had to leave a city centre pub in Leeds tonight after 80 minutes. The Ooh ahh up the 'Ra chants from the assorted Glaswegians were putting me off. I am annoyed at the choice of O'Neill's bar, it has to be said.

As odious as Rangers and their supporters are, Celtic are just as bad.

Pity one of them had to win the league, again.

More shameful that if we actually got our act together, we could comfortably challenge them and possibly win it.

I don't agree. I have no time for either of the OF but watched Celtic fans celebrating after the game and by and large nearly all the singing was non sectarian. Even the Fields of Athenry being blasted doesn't bother me one iota.

If Rangers had won the league long before the end they'd have been up the Falls up to their knees in other people's blood, etc. I know Celtic fans can indulge in equally odious nonsense but its difficult to think of one single Rangers song that doesn't contain some sectarian bile.

But it wasn't a question. Good luck in your English exam.

Whoosh.

Thanks, 4 years too late though.

Why on earth any Hearts fan would have an allegiance to either of them is a mystery to me...?

Exactly. Old firm are simply two sides of the same intolerant/bigoted coin; one half of their knuckle-dragging fans try to tear Manchester apart by hand, the other lot simply prefer to outsource the job....

However, after Walter Smith and David Murray's behaviour this season, seeing them blow the league has been quietly satisfying.

Cairneyhill Jambo
Whoosh.

Thanks, 4 years too late though.

You're welcome. And it's generally good to use proper grammer.

You're welcome. And it's generally good to use proper grammer.

Decent spelling is always an asset, too.

:rolleyes:

Cairneyhill Jambo
Decent spelling is always an asset, too.

:rolleyes:

That's how we spell it in Fife.

Nobody likes a smart ar5e. :)

On the board recently?

We have always had the occasional thread but the last few weeks have been ridicolous

I agree, its been more like an Old Firm messageboard than a Hearts one in recent weeks.

Probably sums up how ****e things are at Hearts that we resort ourselves or rather some people have resorted to discussing the Ugly Sisters.

troonjambo
On the board recently?

hear hear

Archived