Israel starts ground offensive in Gaza.

Eckauskas

Gregory House M.D.

Genocide?

Disgusting comparison. Quite shameful.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

No, it isn't.

They're effectively trying to rid palestine of any palestinians that don't adhere.

They're on land given to them and have completely took it over as if it's a god given right.

How anyone can stick up for Israel here is beyond me. The oppressed have become one the biggest oppressers on earth and they think they're untouchable because of their big American pals.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For every action, there is a reaction.

The third law of motion. But are the reactions equal to the actions when it comes to this conflict. From my point of view Love thy Neighbour and help them is the only answer to this on going problem and neither of these two seem capable of doing it. Somebody has to give up something, will they though? Not likely it seems not now or in the future.

The third law of motion. But are the reactions equal to the actions when it comes to this conflict. From my point of view Love thy Neighbour and help them is the only answer to this on going problem and neither of these two seem capable of doing it. Somebody has to give up something, will they though? Not likely it seems not now or in the future.

:spoton:

The Real Maroonblood

No, it isn't.

They're effectively trying to rid palestine of any palestinians that don't adhere.

They're on land given to them and have completely took it over as if it's a god given right.

How anyone can stick up for Israel here is beyond me. The oppressed have become one the biggest oppressers on earth and they think they're untouchable because of their big American pals.

Your last paragraph sums it.

Fourcandles

Err no. Somebody has to give something up, you say.

Go back and have a look at the territory maps previously posted ...... What you mean is Israel should give something up, they are the thieves here.

Fourcandles

Can somebody school me on the Israel/Palestinian conflict? In basic terms.

Ok, brief summary for you:-

Ma religions better than your religion,

Naw it's no.

Aye it is.

Mine the real wan coz ma God said so.

Mine said he's the God o' all Gods.

Say that again an I'll belt ye wan.

Err no. Somebody has to give something up, you say.

Go back and have a look at the territory maps previously posted ...... What you mean is Israel should give something up, they are the thieves here.

"Until 2005, Israel occupied Gaza in the same way that it occupied the West Bank. That included Israeli military bases and settlements, communities of Jews living inside Palestinian territory.

In 2005, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon decided to withdraw from Gaza. Sharon, a longtime hawk and skeptic of Palestinian independence, had concluded that the Israeli occupation was no longer in Israel's interest. Sharon withdrew Israeli outposts and uprooted about 10,000 settlers. It was a hugely controversial move inside Israel, particularly on the political right ? the current Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, quit the government in protest.

Sharon left control of Gaza to a united Palestinian Authority, governed by the moderate Fatah party from Ramallah, in the West Bank. But that's not actually how things worked out ? Hamas quickly became the dominant power in Gaza. That means that Palestinians in Gaza aren't just physically separated form those in the West Bank, they're governed separately as well."

Can somebody school me on the Israel/Palestinian conflict? In basic terms.

Google the word "nakba". Suddenly, Jews stop being oppressed and become the oppressors. They stole and disposed whole Arab towns (even renamed some of them with Hebrew names). And those pesky Arabs are still bitter after nearly 70 years.

Peace will never happen in this region with either Israeli Jews or Palestinian Muslims soley in power. There needs to be an internationally controlled zone or at least power sharing but it looks like it will never happen. What concerns me most is that the international community is in uproar when countrys like Russia move in peacefully to resolve friction in regions but nothing happens when Israel use violence. On that same note any country thought to be building or posession WMDs are hounded on yet Israel posesses hundreds of nuclear weapons illegaly.

Criminals on both sides.

Gregory House M.D.

Peace will never happen in this region with either Israeli Jews or Palestinian Muslims soley in power. There needs to be an internationally controlled zone or at least power sharing but it looks like it will never happen. What concerns me most is that the international community is in uproar when countrys like Russia move in peacefully to resolve friction in regions but nothing happens when Israel use violence. On that same note any country thought to be building or posession WMDs are hounded on yet Israel posesses hundreds of nuclear weapons illegaly.

Criminals on both sides.

People can say "criminals on both sides" but the criminals on one side created the other.

fabienleclerq

A couple of things, you talk about this land swap as it was done over a deck of decks or something, by that logic all Americans should leave the us and let the natives Americans back onto their lands. The major difference is that these people were born there, that has being their home for centuries, they weren't even consulted when the UN decided that they were going to create Israel. Hamas has only grow because Israel has destroy any proper government there has ever being for the Palestine people, again if you were told that Edinburgh was going to be destroy and everyone was getting shifted to Livingston and a 5 meter wall was going to be build so you couldn't leave what would you do? There is no other word for it but ethical cleanse, as much as its wrong for hamas to fire rockets, what are they meant to do? Israel wont even talk to them directly. Lets not forget that the UN has over 50 previous charges against Israel and nothing has being done. I also find the comment that Hamas is happy to fire comments a bit insulating, i see a people trying to avoid its race being wiped out and it results in terrible crimes being committed. Israel has no intention in talking with anyone, if it did it would have listened to its allies a long time ago when they did quietly put pressure on them behind the scenes to sit down and talk.

Peace will only ever come if they sit down and talk, the problem is that so much blood has being spilled that revenge is more important to some folk then future peace.

I was merely pointing out that the area has always been desputed and there was a reason the Israelis felt it was there's. I'll run with your Edinburgh analogy, what would you do if you were born there and some radge from Livingston kept sending rockets and brainwashed kids with c4 vests to blow people up?

Why would you find Me criticising Hamas comments insulting? Bizarre. Your so one sided in this debate, I'm not even backing Israel!

I remember Israel moving Jews out there homes to give the land to Palestinians and then Hamas saying something along the lines of we won't stop till we wipe all the Jews from Palestine. Very insulting of me to criticise that.

None of this is ever going to stop until both accept the others right to exist and the fact that real wrongs were done in 1948.

Until that happens the Middle East is going to continue to be a festering sore that can't be healed?

IMO Hamas has every right to fire rockets at Israel, they have been illegally occupied by a foreign power for the last 50 years. They are basically living in a prison created by Israel where by every part of their lives is controlled by them. Folk seeing their whole towns wiped out so folk from Europe & the USA can go back to the promise land and the whole world has just watched and turned a blind eye. So again before folk come out with all this terrorist piss and they bought it on themselves can you just tell me what you expect the Palestine people to do? Just roll over and died? When the nazi's invade Poland & France were the poles & French who fought against them terrorist?

Also anyone who thinks Hamas is some how in control of anything in Gaza is kidding themselves, Israel has completely destroyed them as a organisation, even their pathetic attempts of calling a crease fire when they didn't even speak to anyone in Gaza or Hamas. I'll be gald once Israel just kills everyone in Gaza, at least it will be over and folk can say it's ended terrorism.

pretty good summary overall.

I'm from the way of foregiveness and loving your enemy which is a position of power btw, but that does not proclude taking the only response open to you in the face of a failure of the international community to deal with a situation none of them would accept being done to them. That includes other Arab states who benefit from having Israelis as a convenient scapegoat to focus attention away from domestic failings.

Israel needs help to stop itself. Only heading to its own destruction.

No, it isn't.

The biggest oppressors on earth?

You're just embarrassing yourself now.

He did say "one of the biggest", not "the biggest" to be fair.

He did say "one of the biggest", not "the biggest" to be fair.

Regardless. Ridiculous statement.

Up with the likes of North Korea?

Regardless. Ridiculous statement.

Well, to me, I would say "one of the biggest" would be top 15%. That would mean about another 29 countries more oppressive. I'm not sure there are to be honest.

North Korea, Burma, Syria are all miles in front but that doesn't mean they are not in the top 15%. I found a list of the top 20 and Israel aren't in it but looking at the list I can't really think of another 9 countries after that who would come first.

I mean Hearts are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland but we're ******* miles behind the Old Firm.

Well, to me, I would say "one of the biggest" would be top 15%. That would mean about another 29 countries more oppressive. I'm not sure there are to be honest.

North Korea, Burma, Syria are all miles in front but that doesn't mean they are not in the top 15%.

I mean Hearts are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland but we're ******* miles behind the Old Firm.

Top 15%?? On what basis are you plucking that figure out of the air????

You say top 15%. I say top 2%. Am I doing this right?

Top 15%?? On what basis are you plucking that figure out of the air????

You say top 15%. I say top 2%. Am I doing this right?

Well, about 16% of students get a first, making them the best in their field.

In my opinion, I reckon that would be a pretty good marker.

Of course, your 2% figure would also match the percentage of people who get in MENSA so that's also a fair figure.

That's the problem with phrases like "one of the biggest". It's down to opinion what percentage that includes.

Why do they no just move? Or chill out, rip a bong or two and try to sort out their issues without he said, she said shite.

Gregory House M.D.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about and have came in and backed Israel for arguments sake.

The footage and stories coming out of Shejaiya are absolutely heartbreaking. At least 60 dead including women and children and thousands chased from their homes. Just awful.

Gregory House M.D.

3,000 palestinians injured, 452 killed.

18 Israeli soldiers killed.

Nothing short of a massacre as the IDF wade in to a region that is cornered with no means of escape as all it's borders are shut.

jack D and coke
3,000 palestinians injured, 452 killed.

18 Israeli soldiers killed.

Nothing short of a massacre as the IDF wade in to a region that is cornered with no means of escape as all it's borders are shut.

I used to side with Israel a bit when I didn't know any better but I can't see any way they can be defended anymore. They're murdering b*stards quite simply.

In my opinion Israel is by it's very definition a racist state.

It is a nation created solely for Jews.

The fact that there are Palestinians who live there is a minor inconvenience and clearly the end game for Israel is to push all non Jews out of what they deem to be Greater Israel.

It is basically ethnic cleansing.

In my opinion Israel is by it's very definition a racist state.

It is a nation created solely for Jews.

The fact that there are Palestinians who live there is a minor inconvenience and clearly the end game for Israel is to push all non Jews out of what they deem to be Greater Israel.

It is basically ethnic cleansing.

Only 75% of Israel's population is Jewish.

Ethnic cleansing? Behave.

Only 75% of Israel's population is Jewish.

Ethnic cleansing? Behave.

Yes my point exactly.

There remains a considerable number of Palestinians (around 20% of Israels population) who refused to flee when Israel was created.

They therefor became citizens of an entirely different state.

Although notionally they have equal rights they are very much second class citizens.

It has actually been a bone of contention in Israel as the Palestinian birth rate is much higher than the Jewish one and there is a perceived danger of the Palestinians one day becoming the majority.

As for Ethnic cleansing the definition is as follows.

Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal of ethnic or religious groups from a given territory with the intent of creating a territory inhabited by people of a homogeneous or pure ethnicity, religion, culture, and history. The forces applied may be various forms of forced migration (deportation, population transfer), as well as mass murder, and intimidation.

Gregory House M.D.

The Jewish population of Palestine has increased 12 fold since 1945. The Muslim population has increased by less than 50%.

Israeli Jews: 75%

Israeli Arabs: 20%

However, 14% of Israeli Arabs aren't actually in Israel.

The Druze Arabs (10% of all israeli arabs) are heavily involved in the IDF and consider themselves Israeli.

It isn't ethnic cleansing but it's certainly Comply or be oppressed.

The Jewish population of Palestine has increased 12 fold since 1945. The Muslim population has increased by less than 50%.

Israeli Jews: 75%

Israeli Arabs: 20%

However, 14% of Israeli Arabs aren't actually in Israel.

The Druze Arabs (10% of all israeli arabs) are heavily involved in the IDF and consider themselves Israeli.

It isn't ethnic cleansing but it's certainly Comply or be oppressed.

Your last sentence is accurate. But which state doesn't operate like that?

Genuinely. When you think about it, every state works that way. Israel is perhaps less tolerant than here in the West but that is not to say we are incapable of similar behaviour.

What were the Highland clearances if not an example of comply or be oppressed? I am sure some in the irish republican movement would argue they were oppressed for non compliance too.

Then what of our actions in our former colonies? The French in Algeria, us in India etc. Comply or be oppressed.

It doesn't make it right but it has been going on as long as human society has existed. I mean that's how the Christians got themselves fed to lions etc by the Romans. They wouldn't comply. Then when Rome becomes Christian they become oppressors themselves tragically.

Let's not pretend we can take the moral high ground here. Humans are driven by a lust for power, money, influence etc and if they have to trample over others to get it then so be it.

Everything gets twisted to suit that agenda. Politics, religion, relationships, truth etc.

I don't want to get into a debate about how we begin to address that as I don't want to take the thread off at a tangent.

Chris Benoit

Your last sentence is accurate. But which state doesn't operate like that?

Genuinely. When you think about it, every state works that way. Israel is perhaps less tolerant than here in the West but that is not to say we are incapable of similar behaviour.

What were the Highland clearances if not an example of comply or be oppressed? I am sure some in the irish republican movement would argue they were oppressed for non compliance too.

Then what of our actions in our former colonies? The French in Algeria, us in India etc. Comply or be oppressed.

It doesn't make it right but it has been going on as long as human society has existed. I mean that's how the Christians got themselves fed to lions etc by the Romans. They wouldn't comply. Then when Rome becomes Christian they become oppressors themselves tragically.

Let's not pretend we can take the moral high ground here. Humans are driven by a lust for power, money, influence etc and if they have to trample over others to get it then so be it.

What a load of shite! Might be factually correct but you're pretty much condoning atrocities on the grounds 'everyone else has done it'. This isn't smoking a fag behind your parents back it's the death of hundreds/thousands of innocent people.

What a load of shite! Might be factually correct but you're pretty much condoning atrocities on the grounds 'everyone else has done it'. This isn't smoking a fag behind your parents back it's the death of hundreds/thousands of innocent people.

Ill judged response that couldn't be further from the truth. As for your analogy I won't even dignify it with a response.

I clearly state that this doesn't make it right and I am no less horrified than you by what takes place in such conflicts.

I am merely pointing out the irony of any anti-Israel protests here in the West as if we were somehow the champions of the oppressed.

Let me make it clear. Many of Israel's actions are unjustified and wholly disproportionate.

But let's not pretend that if the roles were reversed the Palestinians would not be doing the same thing. Or that if we were in a similar situation to Israel, we'd not act in a similar way. That's my point.

I am just sick fed up of those who are trying to paint Israel as some sort of evil, racist, fascist, nazi-esque, extreme nation whose whole goal is to eradicate the Palestinian people. I think that is wildly inaccurate and wholly unfair.

Gregory House M.D.

If the roles were reversed? :cornette:

The roles WERE reversed in 1945 but it didn't stop the new Israeli jews from chasing out 700,000 Palestine Arabs and nearly ridding palestine of the entire Arab population by 1967.

You'd think a population that survived the holocaust would live peacefully with people but instead they've oppressed and bullied the locals out of their own land and taken it over.

Their acts are despicable and more should be done to stop this state from the mass slaughter it is committing right now which is slipping under the radar largely because of the Ukraine tragedy.

Maybe the UK should shoulder some blame for putting these people on other peoples land and the US should shoulder some blame for making them untouchable and bring an end to this murderous mess. We, afterall partly caused this latest 70 year feud on that land.

Sometimes it's okay not to play devils advocate. The highland clearances ******* hell. I doubt you'll get much support for Western imperialism amongst your average pro-Palestine protest.

3fingersreid

If the roles were reversed? :cornette:

The roles WERE reversed in 1945 but it didn't stop the new Israeli jews from chasing out 700,000 Palestine Arabs and nearly ridding palestine of the entire Arab population by 1967.

You'd think a population that survived the holocaust would live peacefully with people but instead they've oppressed and bullied the locals out of their own land and taken it over.

Their acts are despicable and more should be done to stop this state from the mass slaughter it is committing right now which is slipping under the radar largely because of the Ukraine tragedy.

Maybe the UK should shoulder some blame for putting these people on other peoples land and the US should shoulder some blame for making them untouchable and bring an end to this murderous mess. We, afterall partly caused this latest 70 year feud on that land.

As someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of the Israeli /Palestinian situation I wonder if your second paragraph might be why they behave the way they do , fear of being persecuted again and therefor they retaliate first?

And with excessive force too!

Chris Benoit

As someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of the Israeli /Palestinian situation I wonder if your second paragraph might be why they behave the way they do , fear of being persecuted again and therefor they retaliate first?

And with excessive force too!

The global equivalent of glassing someone because you think they looked at your burd.

Chris Benoit

Ill judged response that couldn't be further from the truth. As for your analogy I won't even dignify it with a response.

I clearly state that this doesn't make it right and I am no less horrified than you by what takes place in such conflicts.

I am merely pointing out the irony of any anti-Israel protests here in the West as if we were somehow the champions of the oppressed.

Let me make it clear. Many of Israel's actions are unjustified and wholly disproportionate.

But let's not pretend that if the roles were reversed the Palestinians would not be doing the same thing. Or that if we were in a similar situation to Israel, we'd not act in a similar way. That's my point.

I am just sick fed up of those who are trying to paint Israel as some sort of evil, racist, fascist, nazi-esque, extreme nation whose whole goal is to eradicate the Palestinian people. I think that is wildly inaccurate and wholly unfair.

I thought my analogy was perfectly valid.

Your post was saying that people in the west are in no position to condemn the Israelis because of the actions of our forefathers. That argument doesn't make sense. I and everyone else on this thread played no part in any oppression in the past. Those we condemn most certainly are right at this very moment. So tell me how our views aren't valid?

This idea that history is justification for pretty much anything is very strange. If everyone was to sit about making strategic warmongering decisions based on any mistakes of the past I'm not sure we wouldn't just end up wiping out the human race altogether.

AlphonseCapone

This idea that history is justification for pretty much anything is very strange. If everyone was to sit about making strategic warmongering decisions based on any mistakes of the past I'm not sure we wouldn't just end up wiping out the human race altogether.

Sounds like a plan tbf :D

Gregory House M.D.

Another hospital attacked by Israel. 4 dead, 16 injured.

2 US Citizens killed fighting for Israel.

40 injured, 6 killed (including at least 1 child) in apartment building attack by Israel.

Unarmed civilian allegedly shot by Israeli sniper then shot a further two times as he lay on the floor caught on video.

"Hamas killed my friend; we need to kill them ? not just the Hamas militants but all the people in Gaza,"

^Ex-IDF soldier and friend of an IDF soldier at said soldiers funeral.

******* sickening.

Gregory House M.D.

Barrack Obama and David Cameron. :cornette:

Israel using Flechette shells that fire what can only be described as darts all over the place upon impact. Another illegality from Israel while David Cameron and Barrack Obama "Back Israel's right to defend it's self from Hamas shelling" but are "concerned by civilian casualties".

Indeed, they do have a right to defend themselves. That's not what they are doing though you pair of absolute cretins.

Dagger Is Back

Sometimes you just feel the need to move to a deserted island with no media, and try to forget all the suffering caused by mankind to it's own. Jesus is it not enough that we have nature and natural disasters to contend with?

So so sad on all sides

Governor Tarkin

I thought my analogy was perfectly valid.

Your post was saying that people in the west are in no position to condemn the Israelis because of the actions of our forefathers. That argument doesn't make sense. I and everyone else on this thread played no part in any oppression in the past. Those we condemn most certainly are right at this very moment. So tell me how our views aren't valid?

This man knows his onions.

Archived