4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

So far we've signed

Alexander, Gomis, Ozturk, El Hassnaoui & Keatings, how many more can we expect within the budget.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hazard at 3-5 not including youths.

I get the feeling we have a separate budget for the youth side of things. Would be in keeping with what was being said just after the takeover about having budgets set out for all areas.

So far we've signed

Alexander, Gomis, Ozturk, El Hassnaoui & Keatings, how many more can we expect within the budget.

Didn't Levein and Neilson say that were after around 7 players so probably another couple i'd guess

I'd hazard at 3-5 not including youths.

I get the feeling we have a separate budget for the youth side of things. Would be in keeping with what was being said just after the takeover about having budgets set out for all areas.

Cryptic clues everywhere.

hazardpa-450519.jpg

was thinking that myself,where do footballers go for a haircut these days ?

Sesame Street, going by some of the ludicrous hair styles you see nowadays.

Sesame Street, going by some of the ludicrous hair styles you see nowadays.

The Iced Gems factory?

BC0355.jpg

Fort Vallance

So far we've signed

I think just one more, possibly a keeper. And a few quid up our sleeve in case we need to get somebody in later. Unless anyone leaves.

Greedy_Jambo

We're still lacking experience in my opinion. would expect atleast another 3 in if we're looking to get promoted.

God knows if we have the money to do that though.

Voice of reason

So far we've signed

We had a super small squad last year and have since released Jamie Hamill, Ryan Stevenson, Jamie MacDonald, Dylan McGowan, Mark Ridgers and Callum Tapping. So we have released 6 and brought in 5 - still one player down on last year's numbers. I think we need at least another 3 or 4 as a minimum just to have adequate cover for injuries and suspensions. I also, just going by the sound bites about the new players, don't think we have a 30 goal a season striker on board and we will probably need one if we are to win the league.

•  

penicuik jambo

We haven't had a 30 goal a season since Robbo and I doubt we will get one on 1500 a week.

And Robbo didnae score 30 a season very often!

I hope our scouting network is good!

Uncle Buck

Liam Henderson. Believe he is 6 5. One we signed from Hutchison.

Thought it was Callum Paterson at first :lol:

He looks like a bear.

Buffalo Bill

Er, sorry folks. I meant I am really looking forward to next season. I wasn't hinting at anything but I can see now that it may have looked like I was. I will stick to BUZZING!

the general

Er, sorry folks. I meant I am really looking forward to next season. I wasn't hinting at anything but I can see now that it may have looked like I was. I will stick to BUZZING!

badly written tosh :-)

See since you started working at the Sun, your use of english has deteriorated.

bretmowbshart

We haven't had a 30 goal a season since Robbo and I doubt we will get one on 1500 a week.

Falkirk managed it few seasons back in that league.

It's all too quiet for my liking. Pre season underway wee tourny coming up. Calling all ITKers whose next if anyone?

Voice of reason

Fair point! - I should lower my expectation to a 20 goal a season striker.

CraigBeatties ChestHair

Thought it was Callum Paterson at first :lol:

He looks like a bear.

He is very good technically and powerfully as is the new 17 year old goalie. But N. Flanagan is our young(youth) prospect out with the first team

kylelauren01

Flanagan may well be a prospect if he can sort his attitude out....

kylelauren01

On the other hand Sean McKirdy is a really decent boy, fantastic attitude, stays back to do extra training on his own, etc - he is the one I'd like to see breaking through.

To win the championship or gain promotion a 25 goal a season is an absoloutle must , whether we already have one or still need to sign one we must wait and see, but without one I can guarantee we won't come back up straight away.

Look back at football record books for any league in any country and any successful club will have a prolific goal scorer in there starting XI

If we fail this season, I can guarentee the major gripe will be that we didn't score enough goals

The boy keatings got goals in this league and hopefully with better service he will deliver more.

Dalstonjambo

To win the championship or gain promotion a 25 goal a season is an absoloutle must , whether we already have one or still need to sign one we must wait and see, but without one I can guarantee we won't come back up straight away.

Look back at football record books for any league in any country and any successful club will have a prolific goal scorer in there starting XI

If we fail this season, I can guarentee the major gripe will be that we didn't score enough goals

We did alright this year

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/premier-league/2005-2006

I think you are right in principle that it would be great but we don't have to rely on one person. Look at that year, Hartley, Rudi, Bednar, Jankauskas all pitched in with help from others. No reason we can't do that again. Obviously it would be great if we get one, but I don't think the absence 25 goals a season striker will necessarily stop us going up

Dundee won the league last season with their top scorer getting 17. Hamilton's top scorer got 13.

Who gets them is irrelevant

We will have goals spread throughout the team imo, Paterson, Wilson and hopefully big Slim should cause danger from set pieces and the wingers will chip in with a few, We have three strikers as well so there is no pressure on one particular player to get the goals

It's a catch 22. There's teams the world over with a decent scorer but they get into the mind set that they can only rely on him.

I prefer danger from various areas but if we did acquire or have already acquired that 20 goal man then it's vital the team is still built to be a threat from other areas.

The problem is it becomes natural to rely on a prolific scorer and when he's injured or suspended , teams sub consciously think they will struggle and lose belief they can now win.

In the past we had Robbo but you still had Sandy Clark and John Colquhoun who had goals in them and latterly Scott Crabbe came on the scene into that forward set up and brought his own goalscoring ability.

It's about having general threat but if you have an outstanding finisher it's important not to become too reliant.

NextGenerationJambo

A 30-goal-per-season striker IS NOT a requirement for winning the championship.

And Robbo didnae score 30 a season very often!

I hope our scouting network is good!

He only did it once if I remember correctly.

jambopilms

A 30-goal-per-season striker IS NOT a requirement for winning the championship.

This. We have plenty going forward. Our back 4 however were shocking last season. I think an experienced head is needed as CB.

Pans Jambo

A 30 goal a season striker is a nice to have but what if he gets injured? I would prefer 6 or 7 of the lads getting close to double figures and 1 or maybe 2 getting 14 or 15 a season. Much better to spread the love!!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

1997/98 season:

Hamilton. 15

McCann. 14

Cameron. 10

Adam. 10

Flogel. 7

Robbo. 6

Futon. 6

Quitongo. 5

Slim. 4

Weir. 3

Naysmith. 2

Holmes. 1

Salva. 1

Ritchie. 1

A current team version of the above would suit me just fine. :)

Remember walker and smith scored quite a few goals in this league when they were at Raith. They'll have improved since then as well.

doctor jambo

1997/98 season:

Hamilton. 15

McCann. 14

Cameron. 10

Adam. 10

Flogel. 7

Robbo. 6

Futon. 6

Quitongo. 5

Slim. 4

Weir. 3

Naysmith. 2

Holmes. 1

Salva. 1

Ritchie. 1

Started as Futon, ended more like a sofa with all the padding

hughesie27

Remember walker and smith scored quite a few goals in this league when they were at Raith. They'll have improved since then as well.

5 goals in 50 matches between them. Hardly quite a few goals...

Fully expect Walker to be able to bang in 7-10 this season though if he plays.

You are wrong. See Valencia 2001/2002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001%E2%80%9302_Valencia_CF_season

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Started as Futon, ended more like a sofa with all the padding

That's why he was with us and never made a higher level. Excellent ability.

wright1989

I'm not worried about scoring goals. We have at least 5 from Patterson, about 30 with Keatings and Carrick.

1997/98 season:

Hamilton. 15

McCann. 14

Cameron. 10

Adam. 10

Flogel. 7

Robbo. 6

Futon. 6

Quitongo. 5

Slim. 4

Weir. 3

Naysmith. 2

Holmes. 1

Salva. 1

Ritchie. 1

We finished 3rd that season

3rd this year will be failure

Obviously there is exception to every rule but in my opinion if we want to come up we must have a prolific goal scorer , a couple would be better

Pardon my ignorance, but who is the black lad at the back, right, of this picture?

the infamous number 37 trialist

Pardon my ignorance, but who is the black lad at the back, right, of this picture?

Exactly what I was wondering.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We finished 3rd that season

3rd this year will be failure

Obviously there is exception to every rule but in my opinion if we want to come up we must have a prolific goal scorer , a couple would be better

We were within a few weeks of winning the title and we won the Scottish Cup. We were also up against two of the best OF teams of my lifetime. A similar return to the above would do it for me.

Archived