Rangers fans rioting in Manchester ( merged )

vegas-voss

Guest JamboRobbo
Just a handful of bad apples obviously :wacko:

:P

That footage is shocking to be honest, and shows how cowardly the rangers fans are. Hundreds and hundreds of them charging a handful of police.

Then they isolate one policeman, and 20 or so of them all pile in and give him a kicking?

That is low, even for cowardly troublemakers like the Rangers support.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bigbryanthejambo
the thing is Bryan, we can easily disassociate ourselves from these animals, but no-one else will.

All they'll see is 100'000 drunk and violent Scots, ripping up a city centre, assaulting police and fighting with each other.

Scotland's shame. :sad:

Aye you're right there. No danger of us shunting them off to the EPL anymore either. Far too much baggage with both the Old Squirm.

If Hearts made it to UEFA Cup Final and the screen that I had travelled to watch broke down I'd me mightily pee-ed off. Some might say fckin RAGIN....BUT....I cant imagine a time in my life where I'd be so raging I'd hurl abuse and bottles at police, smash up cars and phone boxes and be general hooligans.

Begs the question what do these thugs do if a train is late, or somebody gives them the wrong change. Have a bit of common sense and act like a human rather than a mindless, sovvy ring wearing, cheap lager swilling, WE arra people, ****bag???!!

What an never ending sequence of embarrassment

Here is CCTV footage which ends the argument on who was charging who. A big group of Rangers fans charging around 7 policemen. Video box on right hand side of page

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1316114,00.html

The sequence where a single police man is attacked by a pack of 20 or so is sickening.

cosanostra
Aye you're right there. No danger of us shunting them off to the EPL anymore either. Far too much baggage with both the Old Squirm.

If Hearts made it to UEFA Cup Final and the screen that I had travelled to watch broke down I'd me mightily pee-ed off. Some might say fckin RAGIN....BUT....I cant imagine a time in my life where I'd be so raging I'd hurl abuse and bottles at police, smash up cars and phone boxes and be general hooligans.

Begs the question what do these thugs do if a train is late, or somebody gives them the wrong change. Have a bit of common sense and act like a human rather than a mindless, sovvy ring wearing, cheap lager swilling, WE arra people, ****bag???!!

I know, I can safely say that I wouldn't be hurling bottles at police either.

Not sure what the chances are but i hope video camers etc are used to go back and catch these slimey animals and give them custodial sentences.

NOT.who is sick of hearin this from the gruesome,yes they travel with there giros in huge numbers on there annual hols but the shame they bring generally outweighs this,apart from tartan army abroad on a unbias stand surely our very own club represent scottish football far far better,ask the folk of bordeaux,didnt we win a award? so many english are fallin for the claptrap that is best fans in world,look at the city centres they leave behind when headin back up to weegville,im sure these folk would wholeheartly disagree,we know the truth.

Don't think so but the local paper did a front page tribute to the fans - said we were better than the Tartan Army. I still have the newspaper at home.

'Hearts win the hearts!'.

bigbryanthejambo

A bit to much playing GTA for these Rangers clowns methinks, and not enough education. Mindless. Totally mindless.

Don't think so but the local paper did a front page tribute to the fans - said we were better than the Tartan Army. I still have the newspaper at home.

'Hearts win the hearts!'.

The Mayor of Bordeaux presented Hearts with a trophy prior to the KO of the second leg at Tynie in respect of the fans behaviour in Bordeaux before, during and after the first leg.

You're right, we didn't "win" an award however we were presented with one on behalf of the citizens of Bordeaux.

jambomad86

just been watchin the news and rangers fans sicken me i didnt think much of them before and think even less of them now! the news just showed a police man running away and he fell over and a bunch of rangers fans started punching and kickin him its disgusting!!! wot a great advertisement for scottish football not only have they disgraced themselves but also scotland they should be ashamed of themselves

Guest JamboRobbo

Indeed. that is the difference between football supoorters and thugs.

super_vlad
What an never ending sequence of embarrassment

Here is CCTV footage which ends the argument on who was charging who. A big group of Rangers fans charging around 7 policemen. Video box on right hand side of page

Absoulte ****bags ! If i remember rightly when the bradford riots happened there was a massive operation of the poilic to round up everyone involved and the the polic came down really hard on them. I remember hearing about a guy who threw a brick at a officer got a 5 year jail term ! The sad thing is the ranager fans will get away with this no doubt, as it will be put down to ****ed thugs having a day out ! How many of the guys caught on the camera kicking the polis man when he was down will be brought to justices ?

Spellczech

Celtic take 100,000 to Seville and gain plaudits. Rangers take 100,000 to Manchester and riot...Hmmn

Celtic fans are loving it.................they will have the "we are the best fans myth" come out

72,456,124 fans in Seville no arrestys blah blah

:Bazooka:

From The Scotsman, describing what happened at the Ibrox big screen:

'Before kick-off Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, was booed when he appeared on screen to wish the team good luck. In contrast, Alex Salmond, the First Minister, received loud cheers when his message was broadcast.'

I'm very confused...

Dr. Bapswent

'Before kick-off Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, was booed when he appeared on screen to wish the team good luck. In contrast, Alex Salmond, the First Minister, received loud cheers when his message was broadcast.'

I'm very confused...

So it would appear, are the Rangers fans.

Ivan Drago

I'm very confused...

Surely you mean Ghordon Bhrown? :rolleyes:

I'm very confused...

About 20 years ago I worked down here with a Rangers fan who still lived in Glasgow.

He told me at that time that not all Rangers fans were Labour voters as some felt they were too 'RC' and that they didn't like what Labour had done in tems of separate schooling.

Not starting a religious debate just reporting what he said.

So it would appear, are the Rangers fans.

By the way Dr B - whilst I had started to get used to the monstrous ugly portraits in your avatars your current one takes the biscuit...

Guest JamboRobbo
By the way Dr B - whilst I had started to get used to the monstrous ugly portraits in your avatars your current one takes the biscuit...

Agreed, it's quite amusing, but I think he's gone WAY too far this time. There could be kids seeing that photo.

Ivan Drago
Agreed, it's quite amusing, but I think he's gone WAY too far this time. There could be kids seeing that photo.

lifetime ban from JKB at the very least

Hagar the Horrible

I thought i would look at what that knuckle scraper Edgar had to say before and after last nights game? Priceless

"Speaking of which, the attitude of Greater Manchester Police has been pathetic. Rangers fans have behaved magnificently on our travels this season and deserve to be treated with the respect others enjoy. As for their laughable insistence that fans without tickets should stay at home, I'd simply like to say that I'd prefer it if our law enforcement visited Planet Earth more often. There will be 100,000 Bears there - deal with it. And roll on next Wednesday - I simply cannot wait!"

David Edgar

Wow I hate to see them badly behaved?

Then this about the SPL:

SPL 'Not Welcome' In Manchester

Wednesday, 07 May 2008

In light of their pathetic, though sadly predictable, refusal to in any way help Rangers in their quest to deliver a European trophy to Scotland, we would like to make it clear that the Rangers Support will find it wholly unacceptable if any representative of the SPL was to attend this match in an official capacity. Through exposing the bitter and cowardly hand of hidden forces that permeates and controls Scottish football, the SPL have made it clear that Rangers FC are treated differently from other clubs in the same league, a fact addressed by Sir David Murray yesterday and by several neutrals in the Press today.

To any representatives of the SPL, we say simply this; Do not come - you are not welcome.

I think the People of Manchester express the same thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy_jambo_2006

At least the Tartan Army can go abroad, lose and behave. We (Scotland) are loved abroad.

Rangers can't even go to England (a place many of them seem to love) and behave.

A few Rangers neds have brought shame on Scotland. The Foreign media (Germany, France etc) will be shocked by this. Even the English media will have a field day, slagging off the Scots.

deesidejambo
:P

That footage is shocking to be honest, and shows how cowardly the rangers fans are. Hundreds and hundreds of them charging a handful of police.

Then they isolate one policeman, and 20 or so of them all pile in and give him a kicking?

That is low, even for cowardly troublemakers like the Rangers support.

I've seen that footage and I am absolutely apalled. This was not a "small handful" of "bad apples". This was a large number of violent criminals attacking the Police, who were clearly retreating. The folk on this forum who are definding these ****bags should watch the footage. I guess it will be on TV tonite.

hughesie27

Quite sickening really. Quite hilarious though how before the match Therapist was pleasing himself gloating about how well behaved the Rangers support were 'much to the displeasure of the majority on here'

Where is he now? I want to know what he has to say about the situation. Infact I demand it.

Dr. Bapswent
Quite sickening really. Quite hilarious though how before the match Therapist was pleasing himself gloating about how well behaved the Rangers support were 'much to the displeasure of the majority on here'

Where is he now? I want to know what he has to say about the situation. Infact I demand it.

Not seen him on this thread....how odd....

You think he is still trying to get back from Manchester? :P

Ivan Drago

looks like he's made a complete wally of himself yet again...

Wilmslow Jambo
just been watchin the news and rangers fans sicken me i didnt think much of them before and think even less of them now! the news just showed a police man running away and he fell over and a bunch of rangers fans started punching and kickin him its disgusting!!! wot a great advertisement for scottish football not only have they disgraced themselves but also scotland they should be ashamed of themselves

Living near Manchester, we get the local news which I am sure will have been a bit more accurate than the reporting you will get in Scotland. It seems that when the screen went down, not only did the **** lose control of the few brain cells they poses and start chucking bottles at themselves and police but the also threw them at the guys who were brought in to try to fix the screen. On top of that, because they were so busy attacking everything that moved, there was little take up of the free buses that were laid on to take them to another screen about a mile away.:mad:

Don't worry, he'll have spawn some platitudes in due course. He's just waiting for the dust to settle before attempting to re-write history.

The cruckie cookie

Just watched the pictures on sky news and it's horrendous.

Rangers should be banned from Europe for the next 3 years.

Manchester only had to put up with them for a couple of days, but we've got to live with them.

It's time for the SFA to act before Uefa do.

Ban the Weegies

Drew Busby !
I've seen that footage and I am absolutely apalled. This was not a "small handful" of "bad apples". This was a large number of violent criminals attacking the Police, who were clearly retreating. The folk on this forum who are definding these ****bags should watch the footage. I guess it will be on TV tonite.

DJ, when I said "bad apples" I didn't even make any attempt at sarcasm ... the footage spoke for itself so I didn't even need to.

For "bad apples" read "vermin".

The Old Tolbooth

Some morning after the night before quotes from Mancunians.

Matthew says..“ I am bemused by the people here saying let the fans enjoy themselves?! At what cost?! Our own safety and cleanliness of the city centre? I wonder if the Gay Pride party go-ers will be allowed to walk around drinking in the streets or urinating up against every available verticle space? Sorry but the Rnagers fans were animals and have proven why Edinburgh is a better city than Glasgow! Vile!!!”

Ben says..“ The Rangers fans were a disgrace regardless if the screens didnt work. They came here in large numbers and thought a red carpet should have been put out for them when in fact they shouldnt have travelled if they didnt have tickets. I hope they go home soon and dont come back any time in the near future.

paulipips says..“ Just come back from a wander around the city centre - ABSOLUTE ****IN MESS ! - everyone is taking pics on phones etc to capture the scene. Street cleaning guys are out in force and talking with them they say they aint ever seen anything like it. Even when the topcoat of rubbish is moved the pavements are coated with slippy greasy slime underneath and the stink of "pish" as our visitors so quaintly call it is everywhere. Let the hot sun cook it all up today and its going to smell really evil later - not much Alfresco eating or drinking will go on today... I'll have a wee dram of Dysentery with my Cappuccino please....”

John S. Locke says..“ As far as toilets were concerned - Yes there were about 100 toilets at the top of Oldham St on Piccadilly. But I walked past them on Monday evening, and as a former visitor to Glastonbury and countless other festivals I suspected they would not be enough. I had something of a toe to toe with a Rangers fan as he 'pished' into our entrance, and when I remonstrated with him and pointed out that it wasn't a toilet, he swore at me and spat ' Yer whole *****in' town's a toilet pal!'...I threw a bucket of water over his feet and walked away...Festival atmosphere my arse!”

Scunthorpe says..“ Well, what did you all expect......a travelling circus of orangemen without the suits and bowler hats...exchange the Garvaghy Road for Portland Street, the result was always going to be the same. The worst losers in British football.....it was inevitable that anything that provented them from getting their own way would result in violence. I hope they are all on their way now and never, ever come back!! As for those arrested, they should be made clean up all the detritus the hordes left behind them. ****.”

I don't think our weedgie friends made a very good impression down there. :(

Dr. Bapswent

We are the people!

Who'll trash your city and embarrass our nation.

Classy.

Do apologise if someone has posted this. Cant believe this. Surely that'l be them banned now??

Part of me is delighted they've been shown up for the despicable vermin they are.

Part of me is gutted that Scotland is associated with those filthy Rangers fans.

:sad:

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article3939176.ece

The chaotic post-match scenes at the Uefa Cup final in Manchester must be utterly galling for those thousands of Rangers fans who follow their team with pride and distinction, yet who must wonder how on earth their club is to be rid of the social poison at its core.

These recurring incidents of delinquent behaviour with Rangers fans on the road are becoming tedious as well as depressing for those of us who chronicle this football club's fortunes. It doesn't seem to matter what Rangers as a club try to do - and the Ibrox board have explored every conceivable road recently - they simply cannot gouge out the primitive element among their followers.

By sheer chance a colleague and I stumbled upon the clashes between Rangers fans and the riot-police around midnight in the centre of Manchester on Wednesday night. Earlier, in the media centre, we had received reports of a Zenit fan being stabbed, and of a number of Rangers supporters being apprehended over that incident, but what we found in the centre of town was something else entirely.

Three of us had gone back to a hotel to pick up some luggage and, one block away, the clashes between fans and the police were in full spate. We drove into a grid of wailing sirens. One Rangers supporter said to me: "It's like a war-zone down there. Some windows have been kicked in and there's fighting with the police." One colleague went off to pick up his bag and returned 10 minutes later, slightly shaken after having to pick his way around the chaos.

The experience earlier in the day in Manchester on Wednesday was also depressing. The blight of bigotry has haunted Rangers FC and, while the club has pleaded and pleaded with fans to stop singing their sectarian dirges, the evidence of Manchester city centre over that period suggested they have made little progress in winning this battle. A range of songs which bellow about "Fenian *******s" and "**** the Pope" remain the routine chant of too many Rangers supporters. You couldn't walk 50 yards in Manchester city centre without being assaulted by one such chorus.

This is a sensitive subject for Rangers. The club has begged Scottish reporters and editors to play it all down, because it "harms the image" of Glasgow and Scotland. Rangers themselves have hired a PR agency over the last two years, asked to perform what is euphemistically called "damage limitation" when it comes to these repeated embarrassments for the club. The PR boys have a tough job.

As a club Rangers are very familiar now with having to issue declamatory statements in the aftermath of such scenes as Manchester. A recurring phrase - and it was used again by Rangers yesterday - is that it is "a small minority" which ruins it for the rest.

The problem for Rangers is, this isn't a small minority of fans at all, but a large minority of them which indulges in such drunken, or aggressive, or bigoted behaviour. It is an on-going blight upon a very proud and distinguished Scottish institution.

Well said.

Drew Busby !
Don't worry, he'll have spawn some platitudes in due course. He's just waiting for the dust to settle before attempting to re-write history.

For Therapist, to modify an old saying...

"hows yer leg for dog-bites. .."

The footage from the Sky page and that crowd attacking the policeman...my god...it actually made me feel sick...

Yes, it was expected by most of us...but as others have pointed out, there's little to be pleased about. They might confuse the issue with their UJs, English 'rugby' songs and flute playing antics...but at the end of the day, most people down south don't really get what the hell they're about - they just think they're weird, horrible, drunken Scots. And they'd be absolutely right.

We know they're a different breed, but the rest of the world doesn't.

:sad:

The Old Tolbooth
Sky Footage

Thats a healthy mob of them chasing down the police in one of the videos and in the other a group of 10 kicking **** out of the police officer.I know which ones come across as heavy handed to me.

The police officer you mention somehow managed to get away with only a broken arm.

Soon as he went down though, the Rangers fans were like a pack of wolves punching and kicking him when he was down, brave lads these huns!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article3939176.ece

This is a sensitive subject for Rangers. The club has begged Scottish reporters and editors to play it all down, because it "harms the image" of Glasgow and Scotland. Rangers themselves have hired a PR agency over the last two years, asked to perform what is euphemistically called "damage limitation" when it comes to these repeated embarrassments for the club. The PR boys have a tough job.

So there we have it....

vegas-voss

Love the way the Tv Screen is blamed for it all by the Scottish media but those shots on the Sky video are clearly later at night.

vegas-voss
So there we have it....

Yeah typical Murray lets just sweep it under the carpet.Uefa should have had the balls to punish Rangers greater when they had the chance sorry chances during the season for the bigoted bile that is heard constantly from there fans then they may never have gotten as far as Manchester.Mr Murray just keep sweeping it under the carpet so it can happen again and again.Id love to see some one like the reporter McIntyre do a documentary following this **** for a whole season to show the world what they truely are.

Love the way the Tv Screen is blamed for it all by the Scottish media but those shots on the Sky video are clearly later at night.

See,thats where you are WRONG,the BBC showed them rioting and jumping a Policeman,they blamed the people there not the TV breaking down,even the Manchester police are telling the press that it was a very small minority who caused the bother and the reporters agreed,they even went as far to say(in so many words) that it probably would have kicked of regardless.

So once again don't blame a national constitution for trying to cover up for the OF.

RoaldJensen

I tried to explain the difference between Celtic and Rangers fans today to a Cypriot gentleman I was drinking a cold beer with while watching Sky News .

The best way I could describe it was that Celtic supporters hate their country's flag and Rangers supporters wrap themselves in it and disgrace it.

I'm not sure he understood, but neither do I really.

Archived