Rangers fans rioting in Manchester ( merged )

vegas-voss

Terrible Trio
there were drunks everywhere,

if my team were in a european final I'd be having a right good swally as well

roll on wednesday, 10:45 kick off :)

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
merseyjambo

Utter pesh.

The 2 I locked up on the day were from a town in the west coast of Scotland.

The 2 being booked in behind me were from Norn Iron.

The names and addresses released to the press are from the West of Scotland.

Those I spoke to on the day were mainly of the Glaswegian persuasion.

I think there was 1 in custody from England but it wasn't for anything to do with the disturbances but an offence at the ground

Terrible Trio
Utter pesh.

The 2 I locked up on the day were from a town in the west coast of Scotland.

The 2 being booked in behind me were from Norn Iron.

The names and addresses released to the press are from the West of Scotland.

Those I spoke to on the day were mainly of the Glaswegian persuasion.

I think there was 1 in custody from England but it wasn't for anything to do with the disturbances but an offence at the ground

are you old bill?

Independence
if my team were in a european final I'd be having a right good swally as well

roll on wednesday, 10:45 kick off :)

You are in a CLASS of your own.:wacko:

Whats your problem if I am

Mersey - i don't think he has a problem he was just asking - I think.

I've read much of this thread but not posted, suffice to say my sympathy on this occasion lies wholly with the police. FWIW I think the OB let the rangers trash off lightly.

It should be remembered that were loads of trouble at Ibrox where there was a beamback of the game onto a 'big screen'. This one didn't break down!!!!

I have a friend who was there and he said that the sectarian singing was as bad as it has ever been, there were drunks everywhere, the fans were fighting amongst themselves and extra police had to be called in to deal with it!!!

What excuses can Rangers officials, friends in the press, offer for this situation?

There won't be any because in a hunocracy that's the way life is. It's not normal to you/me/non Huns but for them .....

When people start to mention this behaviour they either

put their collective hands over their ears

blame Sellick

blame the Pope/catholic Church/paedo priests etc etc

just deny it it happened , but if it did happen it was only a minority

are you old bill?

So you're saying he's lying? They're not Angels mate, just human beings like the rest of us. They have a discipline and orders that they follow. I've been on the receiving end in Fulham - I don't blame them, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I still hate the **** that battered me but understand it.

coppercrutch
Whats your problem if I am

Brilliant. Policeman on a football chat site. Giving details about who has been arrested. Gets asked a simple question. Gets all defensive and sounds like someone about to start a fight outside a chippy...

Maybe we should believe the NOTW version of events after all.....;)

nope

OK...you insinuated.

Seriously, be careful in Moscow. You'll be herded around and it won't be pleasant.

Terrible Trio
OK...you insinuated.

Seriously, be careful in Moscow. You'll be herded around and it won't be pleasant.

:cheers:

alwaysthereinspirit
Story in today's N.O.T.W., and apparently confirmed by Manchester police, indicating that the trouble on Wednesday was pre-planned, and was predominantly orchestrated by fans from English clubs (not read the full article as yet, but the clubs mentioned are Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Leicester City, Birmingham City, Oxford United, Millwall, Stockport County, Sheffield Wednesday and Carlisle United). Apparently members of a group called The Border City Firm (attached to Carlisle United) had said it was easy to cause trouble and pass the blame on, Rangers and Celtic tops are freely available in shops in England, and by wearing them we could also make it look like Rangers fans were fighting with each other, where the truth was we were fighting them and the police.

No idea if it is true or not or possibly more paper spin, but it does tie in with what some have been saying.

"Where the truth was WE were fighting them and the police"

What's this WE $#!t? You got a mouse in your pocket

crazy_jambo_2006

Is Scotland's reputation totally screwed now? I fear it is. A lot of the English have a poor opinion of Scots anyway. Now a few drunken neds have reinforced this poor opinion by trashing Manchester.

How ironic that it was Rangers fans who wrecked an English city.....Rangers, the team who bang on about being British, love England, wear England tops etc. Well, England's not happy with you Rangers boys now!

This is not just Rangers problem. People outwith Scotland will not see it as Rangers problem. They don't care who is a Rangers fan, a Celtic fan or a Jambo. They just see us as "Scottish fans" - and Scottish fans (although they were Rangers neds) trashed Manchester on Wednesday. Embarrassing.

Although I hate Rangers and nothing excuses any neds or violence, I believe there should've been much more Police. Any fool could've predicted trouble. I knew some of the "fans" would be kicking off.

Sure it was also a minority. But a minority still caused a lot of problems.

People give the Police a hard time. But surely the British Police show restraint......

In Italy, Spain etc, a lot more fans would have been properly battered by the Police.

The Real Maroonblood
Is Scotland's reputation totally screwed now? I fear it is. A lot of the English have a poor opinion of Scots anyway. Now a few drunken neds have reinforced this poor opinion by trashing Manchester.

How ironic that it was Rangers fans who wrecked an English city.....Rangers, the team who bang on about being British, love England, wear England tops etc. Well, England's not happy with you Rangers boys now!

This is not just Rangers problem. People outwith Scotland will not see it as Rangers problem. They don't care who is a Rangers fan, a Celtic fan or a Jambo. They just see us as "Scottish fans" - and Scottish fans (although they were Rangers neds) trashed Manchester on Wednesday. Embarrassing.

Although I hate Rangers and nothing excuses any neds or violence, I believe there should've been much more Police. Any fool could've predicted trouble. I knew some of the "fans" would be kicking off.

People give the Police a hard time. But surely the British Police show restraint......

In Italy, Spain etc, a lot more fans would have been properly battered by the Police.

At least the English fans in Moscow will find the Russian police tolerant.

;)

Independence

I agree with you but we really should stop quoting the trouble as being caused by a minority. By doing so we are almost saying "it was allright"!

There were thousands causing trouble in Manchester and this is a large number of people. I have watched some of the violence on Youtube and it is beyond belief. There are are even incidents of Rangers fans assaulting their own fans!!!!!!!

I agree that the Police clearly got it wrong with regard to anticipating trouble. However, many people up here were openly inviting fans to travel down to Manchester as it would be a carnival. Ewan Cameron on Real Radio was one of the biggest fools in this respect and he should hang his head in shame! He is at worse naive as Rangers fans, sectarianism and drink have never created a carnival atmosphere!

I for one have emailed the SFA asking them if they are going to take action against Rangers for the trouble in Manchester and at Ibrox for the beamback. Their silence is one of the most damning aspects of this whole sorry mess and proves again just how much the OF control football in Scotland.

I now await their reply but do expect to be waiting for some time.

ToadKiller Dog
At least the English fans in Moscow will find the Russian police tolerant.

;)

A few might come back in a years time with one of those famous russian prison tattoos ,the colour blue is prominent so the chelski wont be too unhappy.

jambojim52
did the screens work OK

They had someone to fix the screen, but the stupid huns threw bottles at the repair crew.Now tell me that was the right thing to do. A large number of fans, drunk and waiting on the game to be screened, would be mad if the screen broke.BUT, why on earth would they throw bottles at the ones who came to fix it? There were also FREE buses to take fans to other sites.why not just let theguys do their job or move off to somewhere else?

The Real Maroonblood
A few might come back in a years time with one of those famous russian prison tattoos ,the colour blue is prominent so the chelski wont be too unhappy.

:):):):)

jambojim52

They won't need to worry about having no salt for their chips.:P

CompleteIdiot
I agree with you but we really should stop quoting the trouble as being caused by a minority. By doing so we are almost saying "it was allright"!

There were thousands causing trouble in Manchester and this is a large number of people. I have watched some of the violence on Youtube and it is beyond belief. There are are even incidents of Rangers fans assaulting their own fans!!!!!!!

I agree that the Police clearly got it wrong with regard to anticipating trouble. However, many people up here were openly inviting fans to travel down to Manchester as it would be a carnival. Ewan Cameron on Real Radio was one of the biggest fools in this respect and he should hang his head in shame! He is at worse naive as Rangers fans, sectarianism and drink have never created a carnival atmosphere!

I for one have emailed the SFA asking them if they are going to take action against Rangers for the trouble in Manchester and at Ibrox for the beamback. Their silence is one of the most damning aspects of this whole sorry mess and proves again just how much the OF control football in Scotland.

I now await their reply but do expect to be waiting for some time.

The one where the Rangers fan suddenly decks another with a right hook? It was a bit of a peach. The boy was out cold.

Keep looking at the very right of the picture at the boy wearing number 11.

Archived