Rangers fans rioting in Manchester ( merged )

vegas-voss

Rabbie_Burns
Hopefully the Mancs dont tar us 'Jocks' wi aw the same brush when I head down for the boxing a week on sat.

**** disgrace.

Dont get your hopes up mate, me & the missus were totally embarrassed and ashamed taking the train back to where we live from Manch city centre today

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JamboRossi79
Here we go.

I call Celtic fans ****.

I call Rangers fans ****.

And Hearts fans decides to argue.......:rolleyes:

Can we not just agree that we all hate wiedgies. Can we not at least agree on that one simple thing........

Facts speak for themselves surely, no arguments here.

Era Macaroons
The article stated that they didn't know the nationalities of the fans arrested yet, here is one of the quotes.

Two fans were arrested on suspicion of assault, two for public order offenses, one for theft, one for possession of an offensive weapon and one for possession of drugs.

I bet I can guess what nationality they were :rolleyes:

out of 100 000 ....its nothing really....tho events later will tell the true story

The Old Tolbooth

Well done hun fans everywhere you have just disgraced Scotland!

Why do we have to associate you with being Scottish in the first place is beyond me, but apparently your from some dirty little corner of our country!

You can say what you like about Celtic fans, but you didn't hear the same stuff coming from reports in Seville!!!

P U R E S C U M !!!!!

out of 100 000 ....its nothing really....tho events later will tell the true story

Have you actually watched the videos?

You can't describe their behaviour as 'nothing really' - no matter what way you look at it.

I feel so sorry for the people of Manchester tonight. Can you imagine that happening in Edinburgh city centre?

JamboRossi79

Was there not about 50,000 Spaniards that came across to our country last year and treated it with respect. No trouble as far as I remember.

would all of this happened if the screens had been working?

not sure but i heard the guy trying to fix it was hit with a bottle, so he just walked

might be an urban myth but it sounds plausible

santaisajambo

I'm just back from the game and I have to say there was not too much trouble, considering the numbers etc I expected it to be much worse. The trains at picadilli were a joke and could have easily caused a riot!

Era Macaroons

You can't describe their behaviour as 'nothing really' - no matter what way you look at it.

I feel so sorry for the people of Manchester tonight. Can you imagine that happening in Edinburgh city centre?

watched some now.....and its a shambles....**** behaviour

would all of this happened if the screens had been working?

Don't tell me you actually think that's a valid excuse for their behaviour? The news reported that they did send an engineer out to fix the screens but after being pelted with bottles and cans, he told them to stuff it. No wonder.

JamboRossi79
not sure but i heard the guy trying to fix it was hit with a bottle, so he just walked

might be an urban myth but it sounds plausible

It was certainly reported on one of the news channells.

crazy_jambo_2006

Celtic fans went to Spain in their 1000s +apparently behaved well+won an award. No bother. We (Scotland tartan army fans) travel with no bother. But Gers....I happened to be in Paris when Gers played PSG in 2001. Lots of decent fans there with kids. Sadly a few muppets caused bother (PSG fans aren't angels either) +smashed windows, riot police needed etc. Shame is that there's prob a lot of decent people caught up in it tonight: decent fans who went to Manchester with their kids for the game +didn't want any bother. Same as some decent England fans caught up in bother at the euro 2000 when some morons kicked off. British police should use watercanons tonight when dealing with bother (not batons, in case innocents ie kids get hurt by batons etc)

davemclaren
To hell with them.

Us Jambos got an award from the city of Bordeaux, great trip, great people, great result, just great.

Oh for a Euro adventure.

To be fair, every team has its nutters. Just some have more than others. :wacko:

I did see some unsavoury behaviour in Bordeaux but it was very isolated stuff and the mass of Hearts fans seemed to behave very well as usual. :)

Era Macaroons

oh not Edinburgh ...that would be awful....but Mancs r used to this...the English weegies see it all the time.a home from home.:P

Just back from Glasgow city centre, it's getting a little bit tasty through there too.

Glad to be back in civilisation. :)

I'm just back from the game and I have to say there was not too much trouble, considering the numbers etc I expected it to be much worse. The trains at picadilli were a joke and could have easily caused a riot!

No, the trains wouldn't have caused a riot, neither did the screens cause riots, the only people that caused them were the ****my, manky *******s involved. So a screen breaks or someone misses their train and people's first response is to start a fight with whoever's nearest? C'mon. It's like these people who claim games like Manhunt and GTA cause violence... eh nah, it's the fault of the violent people themselves and their parents. And they send a technician to fix it and they start pelting him with things? They truly are a bunch of dumb ****s.

Also, as wel as the ridiculous 4-5k figure quoted in the BBC article, I also liked this one "Shame on Manchester, shame on Manchester, you've let the country down." Firstly, how the hell is it "Manchester's" fault that a screen broke? And the second part about letting the country down, oh dear, the irony.

Graham Thomson

Hi All..

As most will have heard Rangers were playing Zenit today in Manchester in the Uefa Cup Final..

I had Pam here today & she was supposed to be going back home tonight on the 9.30pm coach..

we set off from my place in plenty of time..or so we thought...not giving the footie match a thought...because the ground they were playing at is miles from city centre & although i expected to see a few fans in city centre i dint expect to see what we were stuck in the middle of

The fans were rioting...

there was hundreds most were drunk..many were fighting with anyone & everyone..

Pam was absolutly scared to death as we attempted to drive through towards the coach station..it was impoosible to get anywhere as the police were everywhere trying to push the crowds back, police on horse back were there, fire engines were hosing the crowds down to try & get them under control..

it was an absolute nightmare..

Shop alarms were going off, windows were being smashed, traffic was at a standstill as the fans were all over the road..the police just couldnt control them at all..

Many were upset but wasnt bothering the public that were in the area but others were aggresive & out to have a go at anyone...we witnessed one young local lad geting his nose broken infront of a copper by an older Rangers fan, the copper grabbed the ranger fan but let go off him to attend to the young lad who had been innocently walking past at the side of my car with his girlfriend, as the copper let go of the Ranger fan he turned shouted to his mate who then ran up from behind my car & stabbed the young lad...he fell to the ground & started fitting, both the Ranger fans just wandered off into the crowds already there..The girlfiend of the young lad was screaming at the copper to get help...he just didnt seem to know what to do...it all happened so quickly & with everyone shouting & fighting i suppose even the copper was as gobsmacked as we were to see this happening in our City..

Pam couldnt get on the coach home as we couldnt get down to the coach station...the fans by this time had completly blocked off the roads...police couldnt get them moving...no matter how much man power they had...

The town centre resembled an area that a bomb had gone off again.. the streets are littered with broken glass, bottles, cans & bodies..it is an awful mess & will probably take most of tonight & tomorrow to get cleaned up...

Football...who needs it.

a local persons view of the ****bags in Manchester, making scottish people proud

disgrace , can u imagine 100.000 drunk weedgies in one town.

Only a Game
Check this out. Absolute ****.

About 30 seconds in one Hun banjos another. At least the wa**ers are battering each other !!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fsjF5Wcdbf4

Not sure the guy throwing the punch was a Rangers fan. He doesnt seem to have any Rangers colours although his overall dress sense fitted right in.

Are you Hatton in disguise.............What a feckin punch !!!

Check this out. Absolute ****.

About 30 seconds in one Hun banjos another. At least the wa**ers are battering each other !!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fsjF5Wcdbf4

No need for that. Why you'd fight with your own support is beyond me.

You can take the Glaswegian out of Glasgow..

Rabbie_Burns

Witnessed several instances of it in Manchester city centre during the afternoon, unbelievable if I had'nt seen for myself...:(

Legend Claws
Hi All..

As most will have heard Rangers were playing Zenit today in Manchester in the Uefa Cup Final..

I had Pam here today & she was supposed to be going back home tonight on the 9.30pm coach..

we set off from my place in plenty of time..or so we thought...not giving the footie match a thought...because the ground they were playing at is miles from city centre & although i expected to see a few fans in city centre i dint expect to see what we were stuck in the middle of

The fans were rioting...

Pam was absolutly scared to death as we attempted to drive through towards the coach station..it was impoosible to get anywhere as the police were everywhere trying to push the crowds back, police on horse back were there, fire engines were hosing the crowds down to try & get them under control..

Shop alarms were going off, windows were being smashed, traffic was at a standstill as the fans were all over the road..the police just couldnt control them at all..

Many were upset but wasnt bothering the public that were in the area but others were aggresive & out to have a go at anyone...we witnessed one young local lad geting his nose broken infront of a copper by an older Rangers fan, the copper grabbed the ranger fan but let go off him to attend to the young lad who had been innocently walking past at the side of my car with his girlfriend, as the copper let go of the Ranger fan he turned shouted to his mate who then ran up from behind my car & stabbed the young lad...he fell to the ground & started fitting, both the Ranger fans just wandered off into the crowds already there..The girlfiend of the young lad was screaming at the copper to get help...he just didnt seem to know what to do...it all happened so quickly & with everyone shouting & fighting i suppose even the copper was as gobsmacked as we were to see this happening in our City..

Pam couldnt get on the coach home as we couldnt get down to the coach station...the fans by this time had completly blocked off the roads...police couldnt get them moving...no matter how much man power they had...

The town centre resembled an area that a bomb had gone off again.. the streets are littered with broken glass, bottles, cans & bodies..it is an awful mess & will probably take most of tonight & tomorrow to get cleaned up...

Football...who needs it.

a local persons view of the ****bags in Manchester, making scottish people proud

Where did you take this from?

Despicable people. Tell me they didn't honestly set a dog on fire....

Could they actually get any worse? :sad:

LOL. They stabbed a Russian fan and your worried about Fido.

Hi All..

The fans were rioting...

Football...who needs it.

Really? You could cry as a Scot. Please mak sure that all Mancs know this is not what Scots are like.

I posted before about the amount of families and kids in Manchester, which is a good thing. But what will this do to them (the kids).

Rangers fans, I hope your proud, you trully are 'the people'

Drew Busby !

Theres a few long term apologists and hun sympathisers on this form as we all know.

The rest of us are neither shocked nor suprised to see the fallout from this vile football institution and its utterly utterly vile supporters.

I've played fit'baw at Tynie wi Kearney and he's a Jambo, if its the sae one, yelly boots?

Def no a sellik fan.

Thank you :)

The one thing we can definitely be sure of is that the dog wouldn't have done anything to upset or offend anyone. Stabbing people is bad, without a doubt. But setting fire to dogs just takes things to a whole new level of barbarity... :sad:

Drew Busby !

Christ that is truly sickening. The way he laid the boy out and he fell back on his head, he could even have (unintentionally) killed him . Hopefully the boy has nothing worse than concussion ...

Vile vile vile low-life skem.

Thank you :)

no probs, come along on sunday and i'll buy yu a beer.

you scored a good goal if i mind right

Templeton Peck

FANS WITHOUT TICKETS SHOULD NOT TRAVEL

You take what comes to you if you do.

Fozzyonthefence
Just back from Glasgow city centre, it's getting a little bit tasty through there too.

Glad to be back in civilisation. :)

Gutted your team lost?:)

Gutted your team lost?:)

Hearts or Chelsea weren't playing tonight, as far as I'm aware.

I was at a gig in Glasgow town centre tonight, that's why I seen the sparks of trouble.

As far as the match tonight goes, didn't really care who won or lost. I didn't even watch it.

FANS WITHOUT TICKETS SHOULD NOT TRAVEL

You take what comes to you if you do.

Wouldnt you travel if it was Hearts and you had no chance of a ticket?

Bloody sure i would,most others on here would be the same.

Ron Burgundy

Of course.

Its the cowardly act of attacking an innocent animal that horrifies people.

What possible harm could a dog be causing them.You can understand why they would fight with other fans but to set a living creature on fire is just sick.Some of us can manage to care about animals and humans.

What happens to the two boys in the white in the middle of the screen. Either one falls over because he's pished or gets hit by a bottle, the other goes over as the police charge by. Neither looks to moving much afterwards.

Are they fans or security boys in yellow jackets??

vJo-2S-EV10

Way to go lads.

Doing your nation proud:mad:

England or Ulster ?

Complete ****bag of a club supported by ****bags.

I could count two saltires in the Hun support. Embarrassing. Soooooooooooo

Scottish. Not. As my daughter would say.

What possible harm could a dog be causing them.You can understand why they would fight with other fans but to set a living creature on fire is just sick.Some of us can manage to care about animals and humans.

Quite ironic your naes luckydug. This poor dug was anything but.

Agree 100%, total sickos. Hopefully a ger, real supporter will pass on details to police, so this coward **** **** can get his just deserts.

I think I prefer dogs anyway, by some distance too....

Whoever mentioned not travelling if you don't have a ticket...of course, you're probably right. But how realistic is that? If Hearts were ever to get a sniff of an occasion like this, I know I'd have to be there regardless of whether or not I had a ticket for the game. I'd want to be part of it in some way.

But then, I'd feel safe travelling with thousands of Jambos....

Its different if its abroad when you can turn the event into a holiday but MANCHESTER ? Why the heck would anyone want to hang around there all day? Whats the point ? Is it because Celtic took so many to Seville they feel that they have got to put on a show of strength? The match was being shown live on big screens at Ibrox free of charge if they had'nt all decided to invade Manchester the match could have been shown in public places all over Glasgow.One thing you can be sure of now, is in future steps will be taken to stop fans travelling without tickets. They have screwed things up for everybody.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Why don't Celtic fans behave like this in Europe? It's a serious question - what's the difference? I can't remember any incidents like these after the 2003 UEFA Cup final.

Era Macaroons
What happens to the two boys in the white in the middle of the screen. Either one falls over because he's pished or gets hit by a bottle, the other goes over as the police charge by. Neither looks to moving much afterwards.

Are they fans or security boys in yellow jackets??

vJo-2S-EV10

and what are the other 99 700 doing..probably having a good time in pubs/clubs etc

Its different if its abroad when you can turn the event into a holiday but MANCHESTER ? Why the heck would anyone want to hang around there all day? Whats the point ? Is it because Celtic took so many to Seville they feel that they have got to put on a show of strength? The match was being shown live on big screens at Ibrox free of charge if they had'nt all decided to invade Manchester the match could have been shown in public places all over Glasgow.One thing you can be sure of now, is in future steps will be taken to stop fans travelling without tickets. They have screwed things up for everybody.

There was only enough space for 30k at Ibrox tonight. Plus, you were getting in from 2pm, I think it was full by 6ish. Can you imagine the carnage if the game was shown all over Glasgow in public places? The Glasgow council must have been delighted all the Rangers fans decided to go to Manchester, wouldn't be their problem.

Era Macaroons

the kebab shop was busy :greggs_logo:

So you would rather watch a game in your local/or house,than take the effort to travel 240 miles down the road?

Archived