Rangers fans rioting in Manchester ( merged )

vegas-voss

King of the North
for what it's worth, I spent 3 days in Manchester

Why? Why would a Hearts fan do this?-

thousands upon thousands in the streets having a great time - no sign of any trouble

but plenty of urinating in the streets and battle tunes

it appears a small minority spoilt it

copyright Martin bain and the Daily record - sadly for them and you, the volumes of footage show otherwise

- I am sure if any team had 175,000 fans in a town and the plug was pulled on the planned coverage a small minority of the fans would have done the same

yet all the rioting happened a full three hours after the screens went off. Nothing to do with it.

when you have such numbers and add it to the drink consumed some will behave in such a way, unfortunately for the 99% who behave in a respectable manner that's the way it is

Pure excuse making, and defending the indefensible. Thankfully, views like these are firmly in the minority here.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seymour M Hersh

It's all being swept under the carpet as much as possible by the west coast media. The baw_bags are off the hook imo.:mad:

John Findlay
It's all being swept under the carpet as much as possible by the west coast media. The baw_bags are off the hook imo.:mad:

The most ironic of ironies for Rangers and their sycophants was the passing away of a Celtic legend, not a Scotland legend as I dont believe he was.

It has taken the heat right of them. Tommy Burns for once your timing was poor.

John

Did anyone see the Channel4 news report? Its the best one I've seen so far (and yes it shows them fighting amongst themselves) but look out for the guy almost crying asking 'what's going on Manchester?!'

Hilarious!

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/sports/manchester+police+defend+reaction/2200647

Nice avatar!

Could you go a knob at night?

Goose Baxter

I was in manchester for the game and can tell you it was a million times worse than what you have seen on the t.v. My hotel was next to the place were the car was being demolished. This was someone's car that was worth ?15,000+ and after it would only be worth 50p.

At the same time after the other Rangers fans caught up they started throwing things into there own up this street. Thene seen one tit pick up a brick and throw it into the crowd. we seen the brick hit some young boy on the head and colapse (sp) and pass out while his fellow fans decided to start kicking him. How this boy never died i will never know.

While also waiting in a queue to buy some drink from a shop some of the racist chanting that was being sung towards the muslim community was a disgrace.

Rangers fans are **** of the earth, they say only 40 people got arrested, if there was more police there would have been around 400 not 40.

I went to the uefa cup final last year and had an amazing time and thought this years would be similar but never will i go and see another scottish club in europe. I only went to go with a friend who had no one to go with. Some of the stuff i seen was disturbing.

FILTH

Drew Busby !
Pure excuse making, and defending the indefensible. Thankfully, views like these are firmly in the minority here.

Plainly TT's disposition - somehow - allows him to hold his nose when in the company of the supporters of this vile institution. I'd think that 99% of Jambos would find the close company of thousands of huns all belting out the old songs, absolutely freakin' unbearable. TT is obviously in the 1% category.

Apologies if it has already been flagged up, but I would refer you to Graham Speirs' excellent article in today's Times. Says it all.

The Mighty Thor

The numerous videos on You Tube and news organisations make for grim viewing. Base level pack behaviour at it's criminal worst.

Mr Bain's comments are laughable and i see the Tory hun made a quick backtrack on his comments. One notable absentee comment wise is Gordhun Smith. Quell surprise.

The carpet has been lifted and the sweeping brush is going full tilt and it's really just the same old same old.

I note our resident 'petit hun' are conspicuous by their absence and the ones that have popped their heads up have been predicatble in their rhetoric.......'police's fault'..er.....'screen broke down'....er...'small minority likesy'...as the manchester copper says 2,000 people going ape**** is a fairly significant minority, and before anyone pulls the only 40 arrests line, the main priority in those situations is restoring order not depleting police numbers by carting away the odd one or two they could grab hold of.

All in all a sorry affair and one that will sadly tarnish all Scottish football fans that travel to watch their teams abroad.

I note our resident 'petit hun' are conspicuous by their absence

They were all in Manchester on the "Easily Upended Bus" - it got tipped over by the Rangers supporters. Toot toot.

The Mighty Thor
Wish the clip was a little longer so we could see their disappointment.

Those clips are already in this thread and include highlights such as bottle throwing at er....their own supporters, attacking parked cars that 'wur lookin right ut ais by the way' and laying waste to a recently redeveloped modern city centre.

Apologies if it has already been flagged up, but I would refer you to Graham Speirs' excellent article in today's Times. Says it all.

From the Spiers article:

"This is a sensitive subject for Rangers. The club has begged Scottish reporters and editors to play it all down, because it "harms the image" of Glasgow and Scotland. Rangers themselves have hired a PR agency over the last two years, asked to perform what is euphemistically called "damage limitation" when it comes to these repeated embarrassments for the club. The PR boys have a tough job."

this is outrageous! Surely a better thing to do would be to admit and condemn it publically then try to encourage the fans to carry out some self-pollicing policy (which I admit would not be without difficulties). Instead what Rangers try to do is hire a PR man either put a spin on it or pretend it isn't happening.

The worst part is that they have "begged" reporters and editors to play it down. Which, it is clear, some of them do. This 'pretend it isn't happening' and let it continue as long as those outside of Scotland don't notice is pathetic.

Those clips are already in this thread and include highlights such as bottle throwing at er....their own supporters, attacking parked cars that 'wur lookin right ut ais by the way' and laying waste to a recently redeveloped modern city centre.

Yeah I've seen those, the ones on the Manchester Evening News website are worth a look (you've probably seen most of them though). the CCTV one is crazy.

Just wanted to see the disappointment after they found out they hadn't scored on that particular clip.

Cheers anyway!

The Mighty Thor
Yeah I've seen those, the ones on the Manchester Evening News website are worth a look (you've probably seen most of them though). the CCTV one is crazy.

Just wanted to see the disappointment after they found out they hadn't scored on that particular clip.

Cheers anyway!

Sorry mate i should've included a sarcasm smiley.

The MEN clips should be shown on STV/BBC. It would blow the myth right out the water about it being a minority.

bean counter
From the Spiers article:

"This is a sensitive subject for Rangers. The club has begged Scottish reporters and editors to play it all down, because it "harms the image" of Glasgow and Scotland. Rangers themselves have hired a PR agency over the last two years, asked to perform what is euphemistically called "damage limitation" when it comes to these repeated embarrassments for the club. The PR boys have a tough job."

this is outrageous! Surely a better thing to do would be to admit and condemn it publically then try to encourage the fans to carry out some self-pollicing policy (which I admit would not be without difficulties). Instead what Rangers try to do is hire a PR man either put a spin on it or pretend it isn't happening.

The worst part is that they have "begged" reporters and editors to play it down. Which, it is clear, some of them do. This 'pretend it isn't happening' and let it continue as long as those outside of Scotland don't notice is pathetic.

Totally agree although the worst of it is that the reporters and editors have always played it down and looked the other way

Sorry mate i should've included a sarcasm smiley.

The MEN clips should be shown on STV/BBC. It would blow the myth right out the water about it being a minority.

Agreed. And on the radio today some folk have been using the 'only 40 arrests' to back up this minority claim. Already been mentioned earlier but from the clip waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 40 people should have been arrested.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
ty5xr85ygyvo2020lff3.jpg

Him perhaps?

Old news Neily Boy.

Disappointed in you - must do better ;)

Old news Neily Boy.

Disappointed in you - must do better ;)

Damn Gavsy.

I shouldnt have spent yesterday counting wednesdays winnings.:)

There is not a prouder man on God?s earth than me at this moment. Winning was important, aye, but it was the way we have won that has filled me with satisfaction. We did it by playing beautiful football. Pure, beautiful, inventive football. There was not a negative thought in our heads. Inter played right into our hands. It?s so sad to see such gifted players shackled by a system that restricts their freedom to think and act. Our fans would never accept that sort of sterile approach. Our objective is always to try to win with style.?

Jock Stein, 1967

?Go for penalties lads?

Walter Smith, 2008

John Findlay

Those chiefly guilty of not mentioning it and sweeping it under the carpet.

Ewen Cameron of the Real Radio Phone in.

Keith Jackson of the Daily Record. Sir David Murray's sycophant in chief of the newspaper world.

John

I found a choice comment on a Rangers forum about how this guy returned to his hostel and found that he was sharing with 2 Jambos. Aside from being a bit bemused by their presence, he actually noted their excitement at the violence and wondered why they were talking about it as if it was something really cool.

Pfft. Anyone here want to own up? :laugh:

Commander Harris

you got a link?

(toggie said he was down there :P)

Those chiefly guilty of not mentioning it and sweeping it under the carpet.

Ewen Cameron of the Real Radio Phone in.

Keith Jackson of the Daily Record. Sir David Murray's sycophant in chief of the newspaper world.

John

I started to listen to RR phone-in last night to hear what that total **** Cameron had to say about events on Wednesday and to listen to some of the Rangers fans use excuses like 'the police were heavy handed!' and 'Manchester Council let us down'.

To be fair, as Tommy Burns had died they focus on a tribute to him. Which is fine.

But it'll be interesting to see if it is mentioned at all tonight.

Too much is being made of their being only 40 arrests.

Only 40 were caught.

In each video posted you can see at least 200 people who were breaking the law. :mad:

The Real Maroonblood
Just out of interest why did you spend 3 days in Manchester if you are a Hearts fan? I dont remember them playing down there this week?

This is the same person who also goes to Ibrox.

Say it all.

you got a link?

(toggie said he was down there :P)

Yep but probably better not to post it...

PM coming instead. ;)

Well I ad't seen that yet.

Must be more of those pseudo-Rangers supporters from NI and England.

David Murray must have paid them a visit. The Beeb have pulled the footage.

Do you mean from the website? I just watched it 2 mins ago.

Do you mean from the website? I just watched it 2 mins ago.

I've tried quite a few times and it says the footage isn't currently available.

Well I ad't seen that yet.

Must be more of those pseudo-Rangers supporters from NI and England.

Yeah, must be. So far I've read comments which pin the blame on the following:

Northern Irish fans

English people (general)

Chelsea Headhunters

Portsmouth fans

Barnsley fans

Man City fans

Man Utd fans

Blackburn fans

Liverpool fans

Society (at large)

Maggie Thatcher

Irvine Welsh

Celtic fans (in Rangers tops)

Russians (general)

Zenit fans

Greater Manchester Police

Strathclyde Police

Electricians (conspiracy)

Politicians (general - for not having mended the fabric of our society)

Hibs fans

Manchester City Council

Portaloo company

Spar

Aldi

Event Stewards

'The Scottish Mhedia'

Graham 'Britney' Spiers

Stockport fans

Rochdale fans

Sheffield Utd fans

Non denominational education

Wolves fans

Glaswegians who misunderstand the Rangers 'traditions'

And hundreds more.... :laugh: But my favourite quote has to be:

"If you've read any Irvine Welsh novel, you'll know about the Hibs casual trick of blending in with the opposition support and starting a fight. It looks to anyone watching like it's Bear-on-Bear."

They were all in Manchester on the "Easily Upended Bus" - it got tipped over by the Rangers supporters. Toot toot.

SoW International has been kind enough to arrange onward transport to their next destination. Their other team (it's hard to keep track) has a fixture in Russia next week, so they're travelling over with some kindred spirits - a group of Zenit neo-nazi skinheads.

crazy_jambo_2006

But Motherwell will not play against a big team +their game will not be covered abroad, I would say, apart from in the country, where Motherwell play the away game. The UEFA Cup Final is high profile. A few jakeys have imo tarnished Scotland's image. People abroad do not differentiate (sp) between Gers, Hearts, Celtic fans etc. They just see British or Scottish fans behaving well or behaving like numpties. Thd Tartan Army are loved throughout the world. We do not rammy with police, like some England fans + Gers numpties.

I disagree.

Lets wait and see what kinda welcome / reception Motherwell get when they start their European adventure.

My bet is that the vast majority of countries will still welcome the decent, humane, well behaved SCOTTISH teams with open arms.

This is a Rangers problem. Not a Scottish problem.

Yeah, must be. So far I've read comments which pin the blame on the following:

Northern Irish fans

English people (general)

Chelsea Headhunters

Portsmouth fans

Barnsley fans

Man City fans

Man Utd fans

Blackburn fans

Liverpool fans

Society (at large)

Maggie Thatcher

Irvine Welsh

Celtic fans (in Rangers tops)

Russians (general)

Zenit fans

Greater Manchester Police

Strathclyde Police

Electricians (conspiracy)

Politicians (general - for not having mended the fabric of our society)

Hibs fans

Manchester City Council

Portaloo company

Spar

Aldi

Event Stewards

'The Scottish Mhedia'

Graham 'Britney' Spiers

Stockport fans

Rochdale fans

Sheffield Utd fans

Non denominational education

Wolves fans

Glaswegians who misunderstand the Rangers 'traditions'

And hundreds more.... :laugh: But my favourite quote has to be:

"If you've read any Irvine Welsh novel, you'll know about the Hibs casual trick of blending in with the opposition support and starting a fight. It looks to anyone watching like it's Bear-on-Bear."

You forgot alcohol. But I suppose that's what you meant by Aldi and Spar.

Alex Neil and Jim Spence were on the radio earlier blaming the supermarkets for selling cheap alcohol. Amazing!

Is anyone listening to Real Radio just now.

Unbelievable! They haven't said a bad word about Rangers supporters yet and they are blaming the council for not putting in enough portaloos, the pubs for not allowing supporters with colours on in, and the fact that they were "herding" the Rangers supporters into fanzones "like cattle".

Speaking of radio...if you fancy high blood pressure for the evening, get Real Radio on. This is unbelievable. Ewen's making an utter breast of himself again.

- The council are to blame.

- No point talking about punishing them, UEFA aren't interested.

Speaking of radio...if you fancy high blood pressure for the evening, get Real Radio on. This is unbelievable. Ewen's making an utter breast of himself again.

- The council are to blame.

- No point talking about punishing them, UEFA aren't interested.

I quite like Alan Rough but he just said that most of the people causing bother were not wearing colours :eek:

I quite like Alan Rough but he just said that most of the people causing bother were not wearing colours :eek:

There are a few videos which show people without colours causing trouble but the vast majority of pics/videos etc clearly show tons of people in Rangers tops. Ridiculous argument. Maybe they just haven't done their research? :rolleyes:

alwaysthereinspirit
for what it's worth, I spent 3 days in Manchester - thousands upon thousands in the streets having a great time - no sign of any trouble

it appears a small minority spoilt it - I am sure if any team had 175,000 fans in a town and the plug was pulled on the planned coverage a small minority of the fans would have done the same

when you have such numbers and add it to the drink consumed some will behave in such a way, unfortunately for the 99% who behave in a respectable manner that's the way it is

Thank God for people like you.:dribble:

IMA MAROON

I'm sure that the vast majority of Rangers fans will be unhappy with the trouble.

It is so sad to see so many Hearts fans enjoying the fact that 40 fans out of 175,000 were arrested in Manchester on Wednesday night. Shocking.

Archived