Rangers fans rioting in Manchester ( merged )

vegas-voss

You would think a man who has served major time in prison, who is on some kind of parole, knowing that rioting had been going on would have detached himself from any risk of involvement, like going back to his hotel around midnight.

Much as I have no high regard for Rangers fans, I have to say they are not unique. In Vancouver a rock concert was cancelled by the performers. The crowd went insane and rioted causing a fortune in damages. Of course again the police over reacted.

In Montreal recently, fans celebrations turned into a riot after the Canadiens won their first round play off in the Stanley Cup. Again reliable witnesses on TV say the police over reacted to the looting, vandalism and destruction of sixteen police cars.

This whole thing has become a syndrome. It seems any time large numbers of people gather the potential for riot arises, it appears to be a copy of riots in the States usually over a racial matter. What I don't understand is a) why the police always over react,B) what does looting have to do with making your point c) why the denial of responsibility and efforts to make themselves the victims rather than the instigator, perhaps cowardice as indicated by the mob thing.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
philpy1874

Rumours that i heard that the Council delibratley pulled the plug on the big screen because of Health and Safety and they did not tell the fans till halfway through the second half which cause of the riot.

Still not a reason for a full scale riot

I do beleive though the police were a bit heavy handed as a friend down in Manchester said he saw police hit kids as young as 10 as they were in the way

This could stop England holding the World Cup in 2018

alwaysthereinspirit
A lad I work beside was at Picadilly for the game. that situation with the policeman gettin a doin was the aftermath of 15 polis knockin the sh*t out of 7 rangers fans trying to run into the train station. That baying mob chased the police up the street when they seen the polis with the batons.

Funny how the media showed everyone the 2nd half, the huns chasin the polis.

:eek: Get a grip. The videos viewed have shown daylight rioting, sunset rioting and night time rioting. The Russian fan was stabbed in or around the stadium. You cant be serious if you believe it was anything other than $ cum trouble makers looking for an excuse to beat someone or something up.

FTR

Agree.

And to think I wish those *******s well before the match. Never again.

FTR.

Agree.

And to think I wish those *******s well before the match. Never again.

FTR.

FTR I Agree.

I never wanted them to do well but lots of people think we should support them as they represent Scotland... Is everyone happy with the reputation we got now?

(Not a dig at you Praha)

Francis Albert

How anyone at the ****** thought it worthwhile to give a convicted murderer space to have a go at the GMP really is scraping the barrel. But that's hunocracy for you .

Convicted of murdering his brother in law because he didn't have a syringe in the house. And the Record gives space, and even apparent respect, to his opinion that cops lost control and over-reacted!

Convicted of murdering his brother in law because he didn't have a syringe in the house. And the Record gives space, and even apparent respect, to his opinion that cops lost control and over-reacted!

:rofl:

Charlie-Brown

They are the ONLY club in the entire history of European football to have had to 'savour' the enjoyment of their greatest ever triumph & moment INSIDE the dressing room areas of a stadium as their own fans were too busy rioting outside..........that was 36 years ago, numerous embarrassments from their fans later it seems little has change with these s,cumbags.

About an hour ago was faced by the filthy **** on vicotoria terrace as everyone was leaving liquid rooms on victoria street. They were all singing their pathetic songs and trying to pick a fight with any person leaving the club. They deserve everything they get. ****

Police or Rangers fans ? :)

I admire Bell for attempting to open up some serious debate and castigate 'Sir David Murray's Rangers' but the **** where the problem lies don't buy this newspaper. In addition , he might well avoid sophistry and simply say what needs to be said. In simple terms. Go on , have the bolls and just say what needs to be said.

A question for Bell and likeminded journos : why don't you ask this in your leader columns ?

What is it that 'makes' a Rangers fan ?

His love of his club or his hatred of all things RC/Irish/Popish ?

If it is his love of the club , why do so MANY Rangers fans spend so much of their time singing about Popery/religion/King Billy/famine etc , etc , etc.

Only a Game

A somewhat moronic, poorly constructed, illogical arguement by a well known Rangers apologist. Not entirely unexpected, but shameful nonetheless.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
A somewhat moronic, poorly constructed, illogical arguement by a well known Rangers apologist. Not entirely unexpected, but shameful nonetheless.

why thank you

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Dim hun.

you going to do your usual and argue the toss with me on here then suck up to me by PM's ?

PS What you up to next week ? I'll be making my way out to Moscow on Tuesday, not bad for a dim hun. :)

The Real Maroonblood
why thank you

I hope the dog is ok after taking a chunk out of your leg.

:):):):):)

Geoff Kilpatrick
you going to do your usual and argue the toss with me on here then suck up to me by PM's ?

PS What you up to next week ? I'll be making my way out to Moscow on Tuesday, not bad for a dim hun. :)

Dare you to start the same kind of riots out there!

Beyond me why anyone would bother "sucking up" to a moronic halfwit like you. Oh and here's a smilie. :)

portobellojambo1

Story in today's N.O.T.W., and apparently confirmed by Manchester police, indicating that the trouble on Wednesday was pre-planned, and was predominantly orchestrated by fans from English clubs (not read the full article as yet, but the clubs mentioned are Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Leicester City, Birmingham City, Oxford United, Millwall, Stockport County, Sheffield Wednesday and Carlisle United). Apparently members of a group called The Border City Firm (attached to Carlisle United) had said it was easy to cause trouble and pass the blame on, Rangers and Celtic tops are freely available in shops in England, and by wearing them we could also make it look like Rangers fans were fighting with each other, where the truth was we were fighting them and the police.

No idea if it is true or not or possibly more paper spin, but it does tie in with what some have been saying.

Pete Seeger
Story in today's N.O.T.W., and apparently confirmed by Manchester police, indicating that the trouble on Wednesday was pre-planned, and was predominantly orchestrated by fans from English clubs (not read the full article as yet, but the clubs mentioned are Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Leicester City, Birmingham City, Oxford United, Millwall, Stockport County, Sheffield Wednesday and Carlisle United). Apparently members of a group called The Border City Firm (attached to Carlisle United) had said it was easy to cause trouble and pass the blame on, Rangers and Celtic tops are freely available in shops in England, and by wearing them we could also make it look like Rangers fans were fighting with each other, where the truth was we were fighting them and the police.

No idea if it is true or not or possibly more paper spin, but it does tie in with what some have been saying.

You can't seriously be swallowing that? Utter drivel expected from the N.O.T.W

portobellojambo1
You can't seriously be swallowing that? Utter drivel expected from the N.O.T.W

I don't recall saying I was swallowing that, and have read my post again to ensure I didn't say "yip, that is what happened".

I posted part of the content of an article within a paper, which I have not as yet read in full, stated no clue if true or not or if simply paper spin but that it matched what some had been saying.

Not sure how much more detail you have to put onto JKB to ensure some people can understand what you are posting is taken from a newspaper, and not your own words/version of events.

Story in today's N.O.T.W., and apparently confirmed by Manchester police, indicating that the trouble on Wednesday was pre-planned, and was predominantly orchestrated by fans from English clubs (not read the full article as yet, but the clubs mentioned are Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Leicester City, Birmingham City, Oxford United, Millwall, Stockport County, Sheffield Wednesday and Carlisle United).

Go to youtube and watch all the videos of the violence. All I could hear was Scottish accents, mainly west coast.

This is the same NOTW which has a story of Cheryl Tweedies revenge on Ashly Cole. Then you read on and she kissed a bloke on the cheek. Trash paper with trash stories. Read the Scotland on Sunday thread which is closer to the truth.

The only English accents I could hear came from Police officers.

portobellojambo1
Go to youtube and watch all the videos of the violence. All I could hear was Scottish accents, mainly west coast.

This is the same NOTW which has a story of Cheryl Tweedies revenge on Ashly Cole. Then you read on and she kissed a bloke on the cheek. Trash paper with trash stories. Read the Scotland on Sunday thread which is closer to the truth.

It was because I had read the other threads that I chose to post it Deek, possibly could have chosen to open it with different words (rather than "story in today's NOTW") to indicate it was a different angle being put on things (by a paper which if I do buy it I normally only read the back few pages in relation to sport), but I didn't realise that because I posted it meant I believed it, but you live and learn, there are obviously some smart cookies in the world of JKB.

Read the Scotland on Sunday thread which is closer to the truth.

Shouldn't you rephrase that to "which is closer to what I'm desperate to see as the truth"?

Charlie-Brown
Shouldn't you rephrase that to "which is closer to what I'm desperate to see as the truth"?

What is your truth therapist? an expanded explanation of your opinions and world view would be insightful to many i'm sure. :)

by a paper which if I do buy it I normally only read the back few pages in relation to sport)

:)

Hilary Briss

Now thats funny, so these English hooligands are also masters of diguise........they had me fooled with their authentic weedgie twangs, bleached hair, bottles of white lightning/buckie & dressed like tramps :P Lets not forget their ability to throw missiles.........it reminded me of getting train to Parkhead or Ibrox in the 80's, as the usual welcome was glass bottles raining down on you.

Best one yet from the Murray PR machine.......I cant believe they expect people to go for that.

Guest JamboRobbo

I read something similar earlier in the week.

Follow Followed by a list of those who had been charged. mr x, 19 from glasgow. mr y, 27 from edinburgh. etc etc.

I guess we'll see if it turns out to be true, but sounds like the Rangers minded media are getting their excuses out to try and cover up for their fans inadequacies.

Drew Busby !
I read something similar earlier in the week.

Follow Followed by a list of those who had been charged. mr x, 19 from glasgow. mr y, 27 from edinburgh. etc etc.

I guess we'll see if it turns out to be true, but sounds like the Rangers minded media are getting their excuses out to try and cover up for their fans inadequacies.

Yup, it'll be interesting to see the addresses. And how Rangers might try and spin these as backing up their claim of being "supporters who associate themselves with the club".

What it'll tell us of course is what we already know. That 2/3 of Norn Oirleand are Rangers fans ... that Corby in Northamptonshire has thousands of Rangers fans, many of them born there ... and that across the board the club draws it's support from Lands End to John O' Groats. Some of that support is based purely on football... and some of that support is based on the vile ethos and attitudes that sustains their view of themselves. And very ugly that view is too.

The Rangers spin on this is to be expected. They're cornered - not for the first time - and as usual the club is incapable of addressing the fundamental problem which attaches to it. Signing catholics may have brought the club hierarchy into the 21st century but has had no effect on the 17th century attitudes of their fans. For all of us have who have seen the hun fans close up and personal over decades of going to games, none of us are fooled. And certainly not by the attempted turd polishing of their sorry sympathisers on this board.

Hagar the Horrible

I have never heard one Englishman puting on a good weegie accent yet so to hear 2000 on the same day? more chance of winning the Euro Millions 10 weeks in a row?

Rangers really should employ Celtics PR people as by now the GMP would have had the blame for all the troubles in Northern Ireland and started the Iraq war and been wholely responsible for the credit crunch.

SDM has started singing "We are RA PR people":confused:

To be fair I thought I heard a couple of london accents from the rioters on one of the videos, but the vast majority looked like weegie bawbags in hun tops.

You should give Therapist a shout, he's going over there too you know.

I'm sure you'd get on like a house on fire.

You should give Therapist a shout, he's going over there too you know.

I'm sure you'd get on like a house on fire.

We already know each other. ;)

Terrible Trio

Bomber, see you around at Gatwick on Tuesday morning - me and the other fellow may gatecrash your gaf on Monday night, meet us off the flight and we'll go for a beer

Independence

You must live with your head in the sand!

Wake up man for goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just received a text off my mate saying that of the 60,000 + watching the FA cup yesterday on the big screens there were only 10 arrests. never said what it was for mind you, but had it been serious i'm sure he would have said.

rangers fans ought to be disgusted by themselves, but nope, i'll bet they wear this like a badge of honour (not including the actual football fans, just the s c u m who were involved in the rioting)

Pete Seeger
I don't recall saying I was swallowing that, and have read my post again to ensure I didn't say "yip, that is what happened".

I posted part of the content of an article within a paper, which I have not as yet read in full, stated no clue if true or not or if simply paper spin but that it matched what some had been saying.

Not sure how much more detail you have to put onto JKB to ensure some people can understand what you are posting is taken from a newspaper, and not your own words/version of events.

My apologies. I'm not a morning person

:)

Terrible Trio
just received a text off my mate saying that of the 60,000 + watching the FA cup yesterday on the big screens there were only 10 arrests. never said what it was for mind you, but had it been serious i'm sure he would have said.

rangers fans ought to be disgusted by themselves, but nope, i'll bet they wear this like a badge of honour (not including the actual football fans, just the s c u m who were involved in the rioting)

did the screens work OK

i assume so TT but a broken big screen is NOT a good enough reason for rioting is it?

Terrible Trio
i assume so TT but a broken big screen is NOT a good enough reason for rioting is it?

correct, but it was clearly a contributing factor

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Why are you so desperate to stick up for the Huns?! We're meant to dislike other SPL teams, aren't we?!

Terrible Trio
Why are you so desperate to stick up for the Huns?! We're meant to dislike other SPL teams, aren't we?!

I am not sticking up for anyone, I was responding to Bev's post that 59990 in a 60000 crowd seemed to behave yesterday - what do you think would have happened if the screens didn't work there?

monkfish1979
I am not sticking up for anyone, I was responding to Bev's post that 59990 in a 60000 crowd seemed to behave yesterday - what do you think would have happened if the screens didn't work there?

Embarrassingly, probably nothing like what happened in Manchester. Your point, though, is moot.

Independence

It should be remembered that were loads of trouble at Ibrox where there was a beamback of the game onto a 'big screen'. This one didn't break down!!!!

I have a friend who was there and he said that the sectarian singing was as bad as it has ever been, there were drunks everywhere, the fans were fighting amongst themselves and extra police had to be called in to deal with it!!!

What excuses can Rangers officials, friends in the press, offer for this situation?

Archived