Rangers fans rioting in Manchester ( merged )

vegas-voss

Ivan Drago
for what it's worth, I spent 3 days in Manchester - thousands upon thousands in the streets having a great time - no sign of any trouble

it appears a small minority spoilt it - I am sure if any team had 175,000 fans in a town and the plug was pulled on the planned coverage a small minority of the fans would have done the same

when you have such numbers and add it to the drink consumed some will behave in such a way, unfortunately for the 99% who behave in a respectable manner that's the way it is

That ever-so-slightly contradicts what the people i've spoken to who were there have said.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alwaysthereinspirit
I'm sure that the vast majority of Rangers fans will be unhappy with the trouble.

It is so sad to see so many Hearts fans enjoying the fact that 40 fans out of 175,000 were arrested in Manchester on Wednesday night. Shocking.

Another voice heard from the peanut gallery.

First of all we've all seen the videos. We all know more than 40 should have been arrested and we all know more than 200 were involved. What's shocking is any one on this board could actually try to defend anything that happened on Wednesday. Dont be mad at us because you cant get a season ticket for Ibronx.

IMA MAROON

The only people happy about the trouble in Manchester are Celtic fans and their friends. :(

Pete Seeger
The only people happy about the trouble in Manchester are Celtic fans and their friends. :(

Change the record eh. Your fans have been exposed for what they really are. Get on with it. I just feel sorry for the genuine Rangers fans that have to put up with **** like the support that went down to Manchester.

Nucky Thompson

The thing is, all the hoolies on the front page of the Daily Record are Hearts casuals:rolleyes: So I think everyone should get off their high horse!

King of the North

I don't see anybody happy about it - I see loads of people utterly disgusted by it, because it is subhuman. I see loads of people embarrassed by it, because people down south or iun Europe might associate this with other Scottish football fans, when in reality it is a Rangers problem - and a huge, poisonous problem at that. I see loads of people angry about it, because it was so utterly predictable, and because yet again Murray, the media, the huns fans and their apologists are trotting out excuses, instead of turning the spotlight firmly on the cancerous heart of Rangers FC.

Me - I'm in the latter camp - where are UEFA, the SFA, the Scottish parliament? Why has nobody come out (including David Murray) and said that here is a poisoned, hateful institution that needs some serious, serious self-reflection? Why are the excuses being limply accepted by the media?

So, am I happy? Boll.ocks. Furious, and saddened that the huns share a country with decent, upstanding people supporting decent football clubs.

Prince Buaben

175,000??? It's like the Record on here 55,000 have magically appered

p.s Man Utd can't parade the european cup(if they win) until later in the summer because of Rangers!

Colonel Kurtz
The thing is, all the hoolies on the front page of the Daily Record are Hearts casuals:rolleyes: So I think everyone should get off their high horse!

The 11 charged so far are from Glasgow,but they are no doubt Hearts ICF boys .

Nucky Thompson

p.s Man Utd can't parade the european cup(if they win) until later in the summer because of Rangers!

It's no going to matter because Chelsea are going to do them:)

David McCaig

I wonder how Edinburgh was left standing in 1998 when we had 250,000 fans on the city streets, in the hot sun, drinking all day, celebrating the cup win.

Presumably, by Rangers standards 100 arrests and a clutch of riots would have been perfectly acceptable.

Or maybe we actually have a support of normal human beings rather than the neanderthal low life of the old-firm.

Colonel Kurtz
It's no going to matter because Chelsea are going to do them:)

Ive got a treble

Zenit,England NZ draw and man utd.,will win enough for 2 WB tickets when we get MM.

Nucky Thompson
The 11 charged so far are from Glasgow,but they are no doubt Hearts ICF boys .
Colonel, I personally know the guys in the Daily Record. No doubt the police are looking through the Rangers records first, but no doubt they guys are going to eventually get caught:rolleyes:

Ah...so you know who they are? In that case, I suggest you name and shame. That's what the Rangers fans have decided to do in order to try and make amends. I'm sure the police will be interested to read that you know the identity of these people.

IMA MAROON
I just feel sorry for the genuine Rangers fans that have to put up with **** like the support that went down to Manchester.

I've said that from the start. The vast majority of Rangers fans are not happy.

The troublemakers should be punished accordingly.

Nucky Thompson
Ah...so you know who they are? In that case, I suggest you name and shame. That's what the Rangers fans have decided to do in order to try and make amends. I'm sure the police will be interested to read that you know the identity of these people.
redm, with all due respect, the police know every well known casual in Scotland:rolleyes: It's not going to take them long:cool:

Colonel Kurtz
You are the worst.

had the misfortune of working in Glasgow.

And when I used to criticise The Huns,they used to infer I was a Tim sympathiser and vice versa

They cannot comprehend thay anyone could dislike both halfs of the OF equally,and also cannot understand thay anyone could find the: high pitched weedgio nasal whine irritating.

They also think it is acceptable to be bigots as long as you shed a few crocodile tears when an opposition player dies.

redm, with all due respect, the police know every well known casual in Scotland:rolleyes: It's not going to take them long:cool:

Well, just on the off-chance that you can maybe speed up the process a little...y'know...prevent the poor police having to waste resources unnecessarily and utilise our taxes effectively...maybe you should just let them know and save them the bother?

The sooner they deal with trash like that, the better for all of us. It's your duty as a citizen and as a Jambo.

:)

portobellojambo1

The police will know who was there, and where they came from, if they are known to be associated with a clubs casual element.

Terrible Trio
Just out of interest why did you spend 3 days in Manchester if you are a Hearts fan? I dont remember them playing down there this week?

I was working down there :)

Is there now a ban on places you can go if you are a hearts fan

King of the North
You are the worst.

Read my posts on here, and if you see anything approaching happiness I'll be surprised.

However, the fact that the likes of you has an axe to grind with me is the biggest complimet I could ever have. I would be mortified if you and I agreed on anything hun related.

hughesie27
I think he's still in Manchester ;)

It's funny that as he has posted his condolences to that TT driver that passed away over in the Shed. Never seen anything about feeling sorry for Burns though. Hmm.:(

Independence

If Alex Salmond had thought about it, the referendum on Independence should have taken place on Wednesday when all the Unionists were in Manchester singing god save the queen, rule brittania and flying their union jacks. Sad or what!!!

Take your pick from the following excuses:

1. The police were to blame for being too heavy handed!!!

2. The fans involved were not associated with Rangers in any way!!!

3. Manchester should be blamed for bad organisation!!!

4. Only 42 arrests show that things were not that bad!!! (this ignores the point that many, many more should have been arrested, however the police did not have the resources to arrest them and many escaped arrest).

5. Only 200 people were involved!!! They must have been busy running from the town centre to the ground and back again whilst the remaining 100,000 just returned home in a mature manner!!!

GIVE ME STRENGHTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope at last that the Scottish press realise what s@um Rangers fans are and have been for the 50 years that I have supported Hearts!!!!

Nucky Thompson
It's funny that as he has posted his condolences to that TT driver that passed away over in the Shed. Never seen anything about feeling sorry for Burns though. Hmm.:(
You can't make people feel sorry for someone they don't care about.. I never posted condolences on the Tommy Burns thread either..Not that I would disrespect the guy:cool:

had the misfortune of working in Glasgow.

And when I used to criticise The Huns,they used to infer I was a Tim sympathiser and vice versa

They cannot comprehend thay anyone could dislike both halfs of the OF equally,and also cannot understand thay anyone could find the: high pitched weedgio nasal whine irritating.

They also think it is acceptable to be bigots as long as you shed a few crocodile tears when an opposition player dies.

Absolutely spot on. They just don't understand that outside of their goldfish-bowl world the vast majority hate them both equally and only the sad wankstain "tiny minority" (copyright Rangers FC, The Daily Ranger and virtually every ****-stained wino journo in Scotland) favour one or the other.

And the sanctimonious bull**** that comes out when an ex-OF player from the other side dies is enough to make you vomit like a pished-up hun on the rampage in Mancland.

The police will know who was there, and where they came from, if they are known to be associated with a clubs casual element.

Of course, but like I said...in the interest of utilising resources effectively and ridding ourselves of these bawbags who are only out to cause trouble...why not save them time and out the trash elements of our support? The police have mentioned that they're investigating, they've asked for information. I'd say it was in our interests to hand it to them?

22games nro

I ended up in manchester on wednesday with my brother,after the game we tried to get along some street, the polis stopped us going any further, no problem with that and when we were cool with it the polis were ok in return with us,but this ned beside us started giving the polis some serious verbals and he was warned at least half a dozen times before one of the cops had enough and smacked the guy with his baton he bust the guy's nose then all hell broke loose,

did the ned deserve it ? in my opinion he did.however it was the most unorganised event i have ever been to, i dont know how no one was killed, the polis were never in control in my opinion, and there were hardly any signs for directions to fanzones etc,and ill tell you this it was mostly rangers fans causing the bother absoultely no doubt about that,

but amounst all this there were decent fans,old folk, kids,etc etc and thats were a lot of fighting between the rangers fans happened as fathers,brothers were trying to protect their family's etc.because the ned's were throwing anything they could at the polis and half of the stuff was landing well short of the police line, i wouldnt be surprised if most of the pictures of rangers fans with split heads were actually a result of being hit by objects thrown by other rangers fans

who was to blame ? I think there were several ingredients all put together that resulted in the scene's we saw.

1. drinking all day

2. no proper organising for the number of people

3. big screen failure

4. rangers getting beat

5. area's were there were no police, bringing the worst out in lots (not all) of rangers fans

6. the police deciding to fight fire with fire

Terrible Trio
You can't make people feel sorry for someone they don't care about.. I never posted condolences on the Tommy Burns thread either..Not that I would disrespect the guy:cool:

soo true boo

Independence
I ended up in manchester on wednesday with my brother,after the game we tried to get along some street, the polis stopped us going any further, no problem with that and when we were cool with it the polis were ok in return with us,but this ned beside us started giving the polis some serious verbals and he was warned at least half a dozen times before one of the cops had enough and smacked the guy with his baton he bust the guy's nose then all hell broke loose,

did the ned deserve it ? in my opinion he did.however it was the most unorganised event i have ever been to, i dont know how no one was killed, the polis were never in control in my opinion, and there were hardly any signs for directions to fanzones etc,and ill tell you this it was mostly rangers fans causing the bother absoultely no doubt about that,

but amounst all this there were decent fans,old folk, kids,etc etc and thats were a lot of fighting between the rangers fans happened as fathers,brothers were trying to protect their family's etc.because the ned's were throwing anything they could at the polis and half of the stuff was landing well short of the police line, i wouldnt be surprised if most of the pictures of rangers fans with split heads were actually a result of being hit by objects thrown by other rangers fans

who was to blame ? I think there were several ingredients all put together that resulted in the scene's we saw.

1. drinking all day

3. big screen failure

4. rangers getting beat

5. area's were there were no police, bringing the worst out in lots (not all) of rangers fans

OK apologies accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How anyone could possibly post this rubbish is beyond me!!!

One thing for sure..............if Rangers hankered any dreams of moving to the English Premiership, which lets face it the rest of Scotland would love (especially if they take their referees etc with them) it is all over now.

THE DOOR FOR THE OLD FIRM, BIGOT SISTERS, IS WELL AND TRULY CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Francis Albert

Surely the best line in the Record's coverage by "reporter" Keith McLeod: "As a bottle was thrown, one cop wearing helmet and visor chose to meet it with a headbutt".

When we were in Preston, I was on the receiving end of what, although it could never in a million years be described as brutality, was definitely a bit of over-zealousness from Lancashire Constabulary. I remember a few other Hearts fans having similar stories, as well as one or two who I know personally.

I'm not for a minute defending the actions of the (tiny) minority of the Rangers support in Manchester, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are two sides to this story - although to be fair the media, or at least the Scottish media, could certainly never be accused of trying to demonise the Rangers support.

merseyjambo

1. drinking all day

3. big screen failure

4. rangers getting beat

1. How do you stop 100,000 plus people drinking when the strength of the police force is 8,000. I saw Rangers fans walking into the City Centre from Salford, Blackley, Ancoats, Gorton etc with crates & crates of lager. They were arriving in cars on Tuesday night that were full of beer. What do you do, search every vehicle, every train and close every off licence in the North West

2. There were street signs in and around the City Centre saying where the Fanzones were. Every police officer had directtional cards to tell the fans where they were.

3. These things happen. Unfortunately it was the wrong night to do so.

4. Quite possibly

5. The instructions were to have a softly softly approach. To let the fans enjoy their day

6. When your own your own surrounded by 30 or 40 kicking you, spitting at you, throwing pi$$ at you, cans,bottles etc, how do you want a police officer to act. To stand and take it. How would you react. Behave. Do you think if the police hadn't intervened when they did the trouble wouldn't have been as bad. Not trying to nip it in the bud would have given them licence to believe they could get away with anything

Most officers are trained to deal with public disorder situations. There are tactics to deal with it. The tactics involve the use of running lines to take ground and clear the area. In a situation where you are under attack from bricks bottles stones etc, you want to clear the area by getting the rioters to retreat. You do not have time to speak to anyone and ask if they are innocent. A lot of the scenes were well after the game finished, surely those especially with families or the elderly would have wanted to get out of the road when they saw it was turning nasty instead of hanging round to carry on drinking?

If this event had been hosted in any other city in the UK, the results would have been the same.

At least one Manchester MP has had the guts to say something.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1050011_call_to_ban_rangers_from_europe

Independence
When we were in Preston, I was on the receiving end of what, although it could never in a million years be described as brutality, was definitely a bit of over-zealousness from Lancashire Constabulary. I remember a few other Hearts fans having similar stories, as well as one or two who I know personally.

I'm not for a minute defending the actions of the (tiny) minority of the Rangers support in Manchester, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are two sides to this story - although to be fair the media, or at least the Scottish media, could certainly never be accused of trying to demonise the Rangers support.

OK I give up!!!!!

I dreamt all the shocking pictures/video footage I saw of Rangers fans (or was it Celtic fans in disguise) acting like thugs. I must of also been asleep for the last fifty years whilst their fans have continually embarresed Scotland.

It is obvious that the GMP police, who lets face it deal with some real problems in Manchester football and social related , decided to hammer the angels from Ibrox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please remember that many thousands of Rangers fans (or are they now the ones that David Murray is dissacociating himself from) are from Northern Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was game on for them and THEY ARE THE BACKBONE OF Glasgow Rangers!!!

The truth will hurt!!!

portobellojambo1

I understand what you are saying in relation to Preston. Certainly many Hearts fans felt uncomfortable with the manner in which they were guided from the railway station to specific pubs in which they could drink, and once there were under constant scrutiny from the police. Then followed the march to the ground, but after the game we got the freedom to disperse and go where we wanted.

I suspect, from what I heard, what happened to us in Preston is normal procedure for all visiting fans.

Nucky Thompson
1. How do you stop 100,000 plus people drinking when the strength of the police force is 8,000. I saw Rangers fans walking into the City Centre from Salford, Blackley, Ancoats, Gorton etc with crates & crates of lager. They were arriving in cars on Tuesday night that were full of beer. What do you do, search every vehicle, every train and close every off licence in the North West

2. There were street signs in and around the City Centre saying where the Fanzones were. Every police officer had directtional cards to tell the fans where they were.

4. Quite possibly

5. The instructions were to have a softly softly approach. To let the fans enjoy their day

6. When your own your own surrounded by 30 or 40 kicking you, spitting at you, throwing pi$$ at you, cans,bottles etc, how do you want a police officer to act. To stand and take it. How would you react. Behave. Do you think if the police hadn't intervened when they did the trouble wouldn't have been as bad. Not trying to nip it in the bud would have given them licence to believe they could get away with anything

Most officers are trained to deal with public disorder situations. There are tactics to deal with it. The tactics involve the use of running lines to take ground and clear the area. In a situation where you are under attack from bricks bottles stones etc, you want to clear the area by getting the rioters to retreat. You do not have time to speak to anyone and ask if they are innocent. A lot of the scenes were well after the game finished, surely those especially with families or the elderly would have wanted to get out of the road when they saw it was turning nasty instead of hanging round to carry on drinking?

If this event had been hosted in any other city in the UK, the results would have been the same.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1050011_call_to_ban_rangers_from_europe

You don't have to justify yourself officer;)

OK I give up!!!!!

I dreamt all the shocking pictures/video footage I saw of Rangers fans (or was it Celtic fans in disguise) acting like thugs. I must of also been asleep for the last fifty years whilst their fans have continually embarresed Scotland.

It is obvious that the GMP police, who lets face it deal with some real problems in Manchester football and social related , decided to hammer the angels from Ibrox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please remember that many thousands of Rangers fans (or are they now the ones that David Murray is dissacociating himself from) are from Northern Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was game on for them and THEY ARE THE BACKBONE OF Glasgow Rangers!!!

The truth will hurt!!!

...I'm not for a minute defending the actions of the (tiny) minority of the Rangers support in Manchester...

Hmm.

Just a wee piece of advice here, but I think that you should read what people actually say, rather than what you want them to have said. It'll spare you the time of having to write out any further poorly spelled rants. No need to thank me.

Francis Albert

And every time we play in Glasgow there are reports of "over-zealousness" towards visiting fans from Strathclyde's finest. It's not much of "another side of the story" is it? Maybe we could have been fooled into thinking that 1972 was all the fault of Franco's brutal police. But these days we see it all (a lot of it anyway) with our own eyes.

portobellojambo1

I take it from the above comment you do not know many Rangers fans from Northern Ireland, nor know of their opinion of many who follow the team from the Glasgow area (i.e. the neo nazi element, with their fake Red Hand salutes)

You appear to have decided that the trouble was caused by Rangers fans from Northern Ireland, presumably because of the history within the province, but as yet I have never seen a video in which dialects became apparent, and if you had ever been to Northern Ireland you would know they have a distinctive dialect.

Your comments above are as fecking ridiculous as those who are saying the trouble was understandable or putting some other twist on it.

redm' date=' with all due respect, the police know every well known casual in Scotland It's not going to take them long [/quote']

Well, just on the off-chance that you can maybe speed up the process a little...y'know...prevent the poor police having to waste resources unnecessarily and utilise our taxes effectively...maybe you should just let them know and save them the bother?

The sooner they deal with trash like that, the better for all of us. It's your duty as a citizen and as a Jambo.

:)

No response Boo?

Independence

4. Quite possibly

I agree with the Manchester MP>

Gordon Smith and his colleagues should take the initiative and enforce a one year ban on Rangers from Europe.

This would send out the required apology from Scotland to the rest of Europe.

Will it happen? Not a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all it was only a minority and the police were to blame blah blah blah!!!!!

And every time we play in Glasgow there are reports of "over-zealousness" towards visiting fans from Strathclyde's finest. It's not much of "another side of the story" is it? Maybe we could have been fooled into thinking that 1972 was all the fault of Franco's brutal police. But these days we see it all (a lot of it anyway) with our own eyes.

I'm confused by this comment.

Strathclyde Police are undoubtedly over zealous. From what (admittedly small) experience I've had of the Lancashire Constabulary, they're similar. I don't see why that would invalidate the point that I made, just because their local police force are also over zealous - unless you're trying to imply that the Rangers support in Manchester was made up of Strathclyde police officers. Which I doubt was the case, mostly because most Rangers fans are smelly, unemployed minks.

Nucky Thompson
No response Boo?
No redm, I would never do the polices job for them:) They take 2 days to come out if your house has been burgled:rolleyes:

King of the North
You don't have to justify yourself officer;)

You are quite right - he doesn't.

The only people with any explaining to do are David Murray, Martin Bain and David Edgar.

Anyway, getting back to a question someone asked you earlier. You have stated that you know, by name, some of the people involved in the trouble in Manchester. You also state they are Hearts fans.

I presume this information is being passed to the police, and to Hearts. Or, if not, I presume that if the police contact the administrators of this forum, your details will be passed to them in order that you can 'assist them with their enquiries'.

Perhaps in your position it's not the greatest idea to goad Police Officers on the forum. Just a thought.

merseyjambo

In respect of Lancs, they are used to having to shepherd away fans into certain pubs. I think its about 4 or 5 years ago there was an incident when Burnley played Forest in Burnley and a fan was killed in Yates's I think.

Since then, its common practice for the police to be a little more 'pro-active'.

Its the same at a lot of gronds in England where there is a hooligan element. Having been at games at Preston, Burnley, Blackburn and Blackpool, its a fairly similar policing style at all the grounds

No redm, I would never do the polices job for them:) They take 2 days to come out if your house has been burgled:rolleyes:

Fancy that.

:laugh:

Well, it's good that you don't let stupid, petty ideas get in the way of doing the right thing for your football club. And if you have issues with burglars, you really might want to look in the direction of the company you profess to keep....

Nucky Thompson
You are quite right - he doesn't.

The only people with any explaining to do are David Murray, Martin Bain and David Edgar.

Anyway, getting back to a question someone asked you earlier. You have stated that you know, by name, some of the people involved in the trouble in Manchester. You also state they are Hearts fans.

I presume this information is being passed to the police, and to Hearts. Or, if not, I presume that if the police contact the administrators of this forum, your details will be passed to them in order that you can 'assist them with their enquiries'.

Perhaps in your position it's not the greatest idea to goad Police Officers on the forum. Just a thought.

Who is goading police officers?? The police won't have to contact the administrators of this forum!! Every policeman with half a brain will have sussed out the Hearts boys down in Manchester! I don't assist coppers with their enquiries, it's not my way! NO COMMENT!!

Independence
I take it from the above comment you do not know many Rangers fans from Northern Ireland, nor know of their opinion of many who follow the team from the Glasgow area (i.e. the neo nazi element, with their fake Red Hand salutes)

You appear to have decided that the trouble was caused by Rangers fans from Northern Ireland, presumably because of the history within the province, but as yet I have never seen a video in which dialects became apparent, and if you had ever been to Northern Ireland you would know they have a distinctive dialect.

Your comments above are as fecking ridiculous as those who are saying the trouble was understandable or putting some other twist on it.

Yes I have spoken to many Rangers fans from NI in the past,

Yes I do know that the ferries from NI were full for days bringing Rangers fans over from NI,

Yes I do know that the fighting/trouble on the ferries returning on these ferries on Thursday was as bad as ever (this is associated with a defeat in an OF match),

Yes I have had the misfortune to be seated next to a group of Loyalists from NI before a Scottish Cup Final involving Hearts and heard their bigoted views and how they have acted in the past (not angels),

I apologise if I inferred that it was Rangers fans from NI who were solely involved in embarrasing Scotland on wednesday, but I would be the most naive man in the world if I did not suspect that they were involved , BIG TIME!!!!!!!!

I've just been watching a news bulletin. The main item was the latest on the appalling earthquake in China. I have just watched the most heart rending scenes; poor souls who have just identified the body of their only child who was pulled from the wreckage of his school; a couple who had just been re-united with their child who had been found alive in the arms of his dead grandmother; the unselfish and astounding efforts of six soldiers who had carried a rescued and severely injured lady for 8 hours on a stretcher over devastated mountain roads in order for her to receive medical attention; the dignity of rescuers and soldiers standing in silence as bodies were carried past. I had to wipe tears from my eyes.

The next item to my shame was of some of my fellow country men behaving like animals in the 4th richest country on Earth, mobbing a defenceless police officer who was lying on the ground getting his head kicked in. The mob then turned their attention to a parked car which they proceeded to trash. The mob then charged down the street screaming at the top of their voices 'U..U..UDA'. That said it all. I am not only ashamed but I am also bloody livid. I have had enough of the utter hypocrisy of those who make excuses for the cancer in our midst which spawns this utterly depraved barbarity.

It is time for Glasgow Rangers FC to be held to account. They must not get away any longer with the lame platitudes which leak from the mouths of their directors every time this sort of stuff happens. For pond life like that seen on the streets of Manchester to exist there has to be a culture upon which it survives and is nurtured. That culture is the very ethos and raison d'etre of Glasgow Rangers FC. It goes straight to the very marrow in the bones of the club. It is the driving force at the heart of the club. Token gestures of the like we have seen over the past few years which suggest that the club has changed are merely sops. Over-reaction on my part? No way. I have had enough.

And as for the sympathisers, apologists and fellow travelers who crop up on this board we should drive them out of our club along with their Union Flags and Red Hand of Ulster banners, before they drag our good name into the Hun sewer.

portobellojambo1
In respect of Lancs, they are used to having to shepherd away fans into certain pubs. I think its about 4 or 5 years ago there was an incident when Burnley played Forest in Burnley and a fan was killed in Yates's I think.

Since then, its common practice for the police to be a little more 'pro-active'.

Its the same at a lot of gronds in England where there is a hooligan element. Having been at games at Preston, Burnley, Blackburn and Blackpool, its a fairly similar policing style at all the grounds

I had heard the same from an officer when we were in Preston merseyjambo, he said something very similar, i.e. that they were not treating us any differently, but just enforcing standard procedure for visiting supports. I think the problems tend to arise if people are not used to such policing methods, and is probably aggravated through alcohol consumption/tiredness etc. Sometimes you just have to get your head down, shut it out and get on with supping your ale.

Archived