Rangers fans rioting in Manchester ( merged )

vegas-voss

IMA MAROON
Anyone surprised?

Horrible, nasty, violent, thugs, one and all.

Good luck with that bid for acceptance to the Premiership.

I'm sure that the vast majority of Rangers fans will be unhappy with the trouble.

If you invite 100,000 people from around the world to any event then don't show it you are going to have problems.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flecktimus

Do you know what really gets mad about all this nonsense is before hand we get statements like

Postpone this match,do this,do that, because we are representing Scotland.

I get into my car turn on my national radio station and its all about Scottish Morons in Manchester.

Well they don't represent me and they can stick there union jacks,flutes and bigoted football club up where the sun don't shine.

Mark_Mywords
I'm sure that the vast majority of Rangers fans will be unhappy with the trouble.

If you invite 100,000 people from around the world to any event then don't show it you are going to have problems.

Pish. Don't defend the undefendable. They are ****.

Commander Harris
Do you know what really gets mad about all this nonsense is before hand we get statements like

Postpone this match,do this,do that, because we are representing Scotland.

I get into my car turn on my national radio station and its all about Scottish Morons in Manchester.

Well they don't represent me and they can stick there union jacks,flutes and bigoted football club up where the sun don't shine.

they might not represent you, or me for that matter, but that is how our neighbours down south will see this. Rangers have tarnished the reputation of Scottish football supporters and that is why I can take no pleasure in any of this sorry mess.

Hagar the Horrible

Bad night for pet lovers?

One dog is set on fire

and this one has just died from alcohol poisoning?:confused:

This picture is class.

Not because the boy is on the deck covered in blood....

But because his amte has made sure he has saved his tab, and his mates..

Priorites eh!

rangerstroublePA_468x361.jpg

Looks like he might actually be wrapped in a saltire. Probably why he got his head kicked in. Ach well, you live and learn.

siegementality
mongrels

Actually the term **** in Edinburgh means a Muirhouse Or Niddrie Guffy. Apoligies to anyone from Muirhouse or Niddrie but that is what it means.

flecktimus
they might not represent you, or me for that matter, but that is how our neighbours down south will see this. Rangers have tarnished the reputation of Scottish football supporters and that is why I can take no pleasure in any of this sorry mess.

I know because i live down south and will no doubt be asked my opinion on the subject.It just grinds me every where they go, its trouble and always someone else's fault.

Mark_Mywords

Edinburgh Hogmanay 2003.

Concerts and fireworks across the seven hills above the Scottish capital were called off just an hour and a half before midnight.

Up to 100,000 revellers in the city centre, including many tourists, were asked to disperse.

Any RIOTS that night???

Ivan Drago
Looks like he might actually be wrapped in a saltire. Probably why he got his head kicked in. Ach well, you live and learn.

One of my mates actually stopped supporting Rangers as when he was a young lad he had the audacity to sing 'Flower of Scotland' as a response to the rest of them singing 'God Save the Queen' - he was told in no uncertain terms that that behaviour was not appropriate at Ibrox by his fellow 'fans'. He never went back after that.

Drew Busby !

The vast majority are blind to - or tacitly support - the foul stench that lies at the heart of the clubs ethos.

The vast majority will go with the (and I look forward to BBC Scotlands ongoing propaganda campaign ) "heavy handed policing" line which I'm sure will be broadcast all day long by huns fans reps.

Dr. Bapswent

Aye, wouldnt want to get his precious Union Jack dirty.

Did anyone else see the press conference with Manchester's police chief and council leader? What smug *****!

Weedgie tramps should be used to watching a telly they've no paid for break down .............

Aye and it's fair lowered the chance of getting rid of them anytime soon.

Mark_Mywords
Don't think they were set upon by riot police.

Scraping the bucket mate. :confused:

You are starting to sound like the RST.

loveofthegame

I can be arsed trawling through this thread but all i'm gonna say is if it was us and i'd travelled without a ticket (im sure id get a ticket!), had a big bevvy and the big screens had cut out in the biggest game of my life, i'd have probably rioted too

They were "set upon" by riot police because the Huns "Set upon" the riot police by attacking them with bottles.

Scottish football team - my arse!

What a bunch of mixed up, twisted, excuses for human beings they are.

Dressed in their red, white and blue and wrapped in the British flag (British to them of course means not being Irish and being anti-Scottish). Some of them were even wearing Engurland shirts. They were all singing their favourite British patriotic song, 'Rule Britannia'. The poor folk in Manchester must have been bewildered with all that sh*t. The rest of their vile, hate induced, repertoire would have baffled them even more.

Of course the otherwise good name of Scottish football is once again dragged into the gutter by these bigoted trolls.

Those numpties think they would be welcome in the English Premiership - well any hope of that will have been knocked back for good, sorry to say.

Loathed in Scotland, loathed in their beloved England (Britain), loathed in parts of Europe - where now for the Hun hoards? Mars wouldn't be too far away as far as I am concerned.

Colonel Kurtz
Scottish football team - my arse!

What a bunch of mixed up, twisted, excuses for human beings they are.

Dressed in their red, white and blue and wrapped in the British flag (British to them of course means not being Irish and being anti-Scottish). Some of them were even wearing Engurland shirts. They were all singing their favourite British patriotic song, 'Rule Britannia'. The poor folk in Manchester must have been bewildered with all that sh*t. The rest of their vile, hate induced, repertoire would have baffled them even more.

Of course the otherwise good name of Scottish football is once again dragged into the gutter by these bigoted trolls.

Those numpties think they would be welcome in the English Premiership - well any hope of that will have been knocked back for good, sorry to say.

Loathed in Scotland, loathed in their beloved England (Britain), loathed in parts of Europe - where now for the Hun hoards? Mars wouldn't be too far away as far as I am concerned.

Where now for the hun hoards? ...The Gyle

I can be arsed trawling through this thread but all i'm gonna say is if it was us and i'd travelled without a ticket (im sure id get a ticket!), had a big bevvy and the big screens had cut out in the biggest game of my life, i'd have probably rioted too

You forget that this happened 40 minutes before kick off and they sent someone to fix it. After the engineer began fixing it, they attacked him with bottles.

Then a new screen was set up for them and buses put on to move the fans to the new venue.

As much as i'm enjoying the moral high ground, i'd probably be the same.

How one sided is Daily Ranger's article on the trouble in Manchester last night - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/05/15/fanzone-mayhem-sees-riot-police-charge-rangers-fans-86908-20418286/

Riot police charged and bottles and traffic cones were thrown in response.

The supporters backed off before forming up again in front of the police.

Thats crap - the riot police came on the scene after the Huns started launching bottles at the local police.

Elizabeth Gunn, 42, of Altrincham, said: "The Rangers fans are fantastic and they have been badly let down. The council had plenty of time to make sure the signal was working. When the screen stopped working, the trouble began.

"People will say that the Rangers fans are bad but this has been very badly organised.

"I'm proud to come from Manchester but this is a disgrace."

I wonder how many people they had to speak to before they got one quote defending them.

I'm glad they got shown up for what they are - absolute ****.

skotskosparta

I'm glad they got shown up for what they are - absolute ****.

What he said!!

maltese jambo

So whats new? Another British team in europe which results in trouble and hooliganism....seem to remember that happening quite a lot recently.

Good to see the vastly outnumbered Zenit fans outsinging the Rangers fans...their only answer was Rule Britannia and We are the people.... and i thought english teams were bad for origionality .... who are by far the greatest teammm.....che sara sara....

Good post made about what the people of Manchester must have made of all this...seeing all those union jack flags waving before the start was just cringeworthy.

Rudolf's Mate

As far as the west caost papers are concerned, rioting because someone couldn't fix the telly is totally justified!!!

I can't believe they are trying to pin this on Manchester. As for the woman who commented saying they were great. Lets all face it. You are not going to get many mancunians saying the police were justified in their reaction are you!

The People's Chimp
"Police said the trouble has been very minor and only involved a handful of people."

Still, why spoil the story you've been waiting for eh?

I'd tend to agree. My brother lives in mancs and was out with some hun mates who were down for the match. He said there were NO police in the square before the trouble started, then after a while of trouble brewing the police baton charged the crowd. It was bottle throwing, it's not good, but he lay the blame at manchester in terms of planning.

And out of interest, I wonder how you would expect any group of 50'000 people, who'd been drinking in the sun all day, to react when told the thing you'd been waiting all day for, that you'd travelled some distance for, was now screwed, because of "technical reasons" and then told to walk half an hour to watch it at the velodrome.

It's like at gigs, when bands don't come on, or storm off stage. It's not acceptable, but it happens, and there are reasons for it happening. I love the easy soap box moralising on here, especially when it comes to the old firm. they're sum, they're ****mier than most, but nobody in football is whiter than white. Maybe Manchester police should take a look at themselves as well.

I know a few people in manchester and i've not heard any complaints.*

Hilariously i also heard reports of hundreds of gay rangers fans taking over canal street and mincing it up with the union jack all over the place. Cue a number of confused locals and irate fellow fans. :)

*other than, obviously, the smell.

loveofthegame
You forget that this happened 40 minutes before kick off and they sent someone to fix it. After the engineer began fixing it, they attacked him with bottles.

Then a new screen was set up for them and buses put on to move the fans to the new venue.

Possibly some of it was 40mins before but most of it (from the footage i've seen) was after the game.

Although admittedly throwing bottles at the Engineer was obviously not very bright or defendable.

However i was merely pointing out the fact that a huge number of Hearts fans would have reacted in the same way.

It's very very easy to come on here and slate Rangers/Celtic/Hibs fans for their actions when we weren't involved, but sometimes you have to take a step back and think about how you/your mates/your fellow drunk Jambos would have reacted in the same situation.

Imagine the angriest you've ever been when drunk and how you acted. The big screen cutting out b4 the biggest match of your life probably matches that feeling.... Now imagine your a jakey weejie nyaff... and you have a recipe for disaster... Manchester officials therefore have to foot some of the blame imo

Entirely predictable.

Rangers supporters make up 50% of their readership. Alienating them makes no commercial sense. The same would apply were this Celtic too.

On a side note i cant say i'm looking forward to the forthcoming condemnation from the Celtic support. Their sanctimonious, holier than thou attitude doesnt really equate with the reality of their terrorist songbook.

Celtic and Rangers are two pus filled plooks on the backside of Scotland and Scottish football.

Guest GhostHunter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7402561.stm

The Scottish Conservatives have demanded an inquiry into the policing of the Uefa Cup final in Manchester.

Deputy leader Murdo Fraser said the decision to deploy riot police was an "over-reaction" which may have inflamed the situation.

Mr Fraser, who is a Rangers fan, said the Greater Manchester force had "serious questions" to answer about its tactics.

He said: "I think there was unacceptable behaviour by too many Rangers fans in Manchester and I think that is very disappointing.

"But I also think there are serious questions to be asked about the policing in Manchester.

:eek:

The Old Tolbooth

There would have been no need for the riot police to move in if those morons had not started setting about the engineers brought in to try and repair the screen for them!

I mean, how stupid can they get???

Absolute filth, it's a pity they need to come back over the border!

shaun.lawson

I was there last night. I have a couple of Rangers' supporting mates who were crashing at mine after the game so I decided to go in with my girlfriend, soak up the atmosphere/have a few drinks and then meet with them afterwards. We got the bus into town and got there for about 7.30. Before we even got into the city centre some of the scenes were shocking.

There were plenty of solitary Rangers fans lying on the pavement ****ed out of their skulls 15 minutes before the game was about to start. Loads and loads of them really weren't bothered about watching the football. 60 year old woman who couldn't walk, had sick all down them but still had a can of tennants in their hands. I've never seen so many alchoholics in my life. Manchester is a huge city centre in comparison to Newcastle yet every square metre was covered in glass/ **** to the extent that my gf could hardly walk through the town.

We knew straight away that we couldn't get into one of the main areas to watch the game and sensed trouble so just went for a quiet drink hoping to meet our mates afterwards. On the way we saw more people with blood on their faces,broken noses, old people with sick all down themselves etc..

We managed to find a quiet bar in the Northern Quarter (maybe the equivelant of walking down towards the station in newcastle). There were still Rangers fans wandering about (even though the match had kicked off at this point and they were no-where near the screens) and they really didn't seem bothered about watching the game.

The bouncers on the door told us how a street cleaner had just been dragged out of his car and beaten up! Half way through our drink we were asked to leave. Nearly all of the bars were closing as news that the main screen wasn't working had spread.

We decided to just head back and get a bus back home and have a drink in Fallowfield. (Jesmond)

On the way back through the city centre we saw bottles being hurled at police and people started to charge them. We got away from there ASAP. Only to find that the buses were all being held up by around 500 rangers fans who had literally blockaded the street (causing a queue of around 30 buses whioch were literally stranded.) Some still had people on.

So basically, there were a lot of people finishing work in their own city centre that were at risk of being hit with a bottle and had no prospect of getting home without a long walk.

I've seen rowdy toon fans all over the place and I know that had we been down there yesterday the scenes may have been similar. But I'm confident it wouldn't have been that bad. I've really never seen anything like it. And the idea that it kicked off merely because the big screen went down is a load of bull. The amount of Rangers fans who were just marching around the city looking for trouble whilst the game was kicking off is evidence of this.

I feel sorry for the fans like my mates who were having a great day and literally just wanted to watch the game. Massive ****** up on the part of the city council. But nothing excuses some of the fans' behaviour.

jambojim52

If this is true then I with draw what I said earlier and the very small ammount of sympathy I had is long gone.

Dr. Bapswent

Yep, the GFA machines grinds into action..

Its the Manchester polices fault for not being prepared to cope with the Rangers ****. Therefore the fans are absolved of all blame.

We knew they were going to riot, the police did nothing to prevent it, how can we blame the fans for that?!?!

Drew Busby !
I was there last night. I have a couple of Rangers' supporting mates who were crashing at mine after the game so I decided to go in with my girlfriend, soak up the atmosphere/have a few drinks and then meet with them afterwards. We got the bus into town and got there for about 7.30. Before we even got into the city centre some of the scenes were shocking.

There were plenty of solitary Rangers fans lying on the pavement ****ed out of their skulls 15 minutes before the game was about to start. Loads and loads of them really weren't bothered about watching the football. 60 year old woman who couldn't walk, had sick all down them but still had a can of tennants in their hands. I've never seen so many alchoholics in my life. Manchester is a huge city centre in comparison to Newcastle yet every square metre was covered in glass/ **** to the extent that my gf could hardly walk through the town.

We knew straight away that we couldn't get into one of the main areas to watch the game and sensed trouble so just went for a quiet drink hoping to meet our mates afterwards. On the way we saw more people with blood on their faces,broken noses, old people with sick all down themselves etc..

We managed to find a quiet bar in the Northern Quarter (maybe the equivelant of walking down towards the station in newcastle). There were still Rangers fans wandering about (even though the match had kicked off at this point and they were no-where near the screens) and they really didn't seem bothered about watching the game.

The bouncers on the door told us how a street cleaner had just been dragged out of his car and beaten up! Half way through our drink we were asked to leave. Nearly all of the bars were closing as news that the main screen wasn't working had spread.

We decided to just head back and get a bus back home and have a drink in Fallowfield. (Jesmond)

On the way back through the city centre we saw bottles being hurled at police and people started to charge them. We got away from there ASAP. Only to find that the buses were all being held up by around 500 rangers fans who had literally blockaded the street (causing a queue of around 30 buses whioch were literally stranded.) Some still had people on.

So basically, there were a lot of people finishing work in their own city centre that were at risk of being hit with a bottle and had no prospect of getting home without a long walk.

I've seen rowdy toon fans all over the place and I know that had we been down there yesterday the scenes may have been similar. But I'm confident it wouldn't have been that bad. I've really never seen anything like it. And the idea that it kicked off merely because the big screen went down is a load of bull. The amount of Rangers fans who were just marching around the city looking for trouble whilst the game was kicking off is evidence of this.

I feel sorry for the fans like my mates who were having a great day and literally just wanted to watch the game. Massive ****** up on the part of the city council. But nothing excuses some of the fans' behaviour.

Sounds like a very honest account from someone with no axe to grind. Putting to one side for a second the actual violence which occurred, its this other (ahem) "low-level" of socially unacceptable behaviour that does as much damage. Not too many Mancunians would have been on the receiving end of bottles and kicks ... but tens of thousands would have been witness to that base, alcohol-fuelled, irresponsible behaviour on display. It's THAT which will linger long in the memory down there. "60 year old woman who couldn't walk, had sick all down them but still had a can of tennants in their hands. " ... its images like this which do damage to the worldview of Scots in general. And for as long as we have rantic fans who behave in this way (and they will in perpituity) then who's to say that this view of the Scots isn't accurate ? People judge others by what they see and what they saw yesterday brought shame to all of us.

bigbryanthejambo

"pockets of disorder" ?

Looks like an all out riot of Engurland late 80's early 90's style. All that was missing was a large water hose spraying the Manky Mobs.

You can take the weedgie's oot of Glesga, But you cannae tae Glesga oot the Weedgies.

Scotlands Shame.

Smiles Better.

Yep, the GFA machines grinds into action..

Its the Manchester polices fault for not being prepared to cope with the Rangers ****. Therefore the fans are absolved of all blame.

We knew they were going to riot, the police did nothing to prevent it, how can we blame the fans for that?!?!

Manchester police told them not to come , they were not wanted. How much clearer can you get ?

The Manc police had already had a gutful when Sellick played in their last visit to OT. Fortunately for Sellick the police comments were not reported in Scotland and UEFA took no action over the violence inside the stadium - which was widespread.

When things go wrong , blame the police , blame the organisers , blame the engineers who couldn't fix the problem. That's the way it is in this country. It's always someone else's fault. But don't blame the people who disgraced themselves last night.:wacko::confused:

JamboRossi79

I see the mini Huns are out trying to defend their beloved. How very sad that anyone on this board tries to defend the actions of morons.

The People's Chimp
I see the mini Huns are out trying to defend their beloved. How very sad that anyone on this board tries to defend the actions of morons.

What planet are you on? have you even read this thread?

Do you include my post in your sweeping generalisation?

northfieldhearts

42 arrests

52 assaults

1 stabbing

15 police injured

hundreds rioting

makes you proud to be scottish doesn't it

boabyarsebiscuit

Agree. You defend that moron Romanov all the time. I think you should stop.

cosanostra

I feel sad to be Scottish today.

People all over Europe are going to see the absolute dregs of Scottish society throwing bottles at police and fighting with each other and associate this with all of us.

bigbryanthejambo

Mornings like today make you glad that Rangers fans fly the Union jack and not the Saltire, makes it easier as a Scottish Football fan to discosciate yourself from the filth.

Smiles Better at Embarassing their own.....

cosanostra
Mornings like today make you glad that Rangers fans fly the Union jack and not the Saltire, makes it easier as a Scottish Football fan to discosciate yourself from the filth.

Smiles Better at Embarassing their own.....

the thing is Bryan, we can easily disassociate ourselves from these animals, but no-one else will.

All they'll see is 100'000 drunk and violent Scots, ripping up a city centre, assaulting police and fighting with each other.

Scotland's shame. :sad:

jamborleystatto

NOT.who is sick of hearin this from the gruesome,yes they travel with there giros in huge numbers on there annual hols but the shame they bring generally outweighs this,apart from tartan army abroad on a unbias stand surely our very own club represent scottish football far far better,ask the folk of bordeaux,didnt we win a award? so many english are fallin for the claptrap that is best fans in world,look at the city centres they leave behind when headin back up to weegville,im sure these folk would wholeheartly disagree,we know the truth.

Archived