Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

joondalupjambo

Anyone watching Deadloch on Amazon Prime?  Poor mans Twin Peaks.  Set in Tasmania, different, lots of swearing as you would expect in an Aussie drama😀

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Anyone watching Deadloch on Amazon Prime?  Poor mans Twin Peaks.  Set in Tasmania, different, lots of swearing as you would expect in an Aussie drama😀

It might be good but I gave up after the first half hour of episode one and being unable to understand their accents. Could have used subtitles I suppose but find them very distracting. 

22 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

Watched 3 episodes of Hijack last night. Really enjoyed it. Was hooked. It's on Apple TV but I got it elsewhere.

Wife and I watched the first four episodes last night. It was quite riveting. Hoping we get to see the last three episodes before heading across the pond to our river cruise. But if not,might need to wait till end of August to see the finale! Arghhhhh!

joondalupjambo
5 minutes ago, Canscot said:

It might be good but I gave up after the first half hour of episode one and being unable to understand their accents. Could have used subtitles I suppose but find them very distracting. 

It is one of these that you end up watching three or four episodes and left wondering why I am still watching this 🙂

Luckily I lived in Oz for a while so the accents are ok for me.

I am at the point where it is somebody is murdering all these folk and me thinking I kind of need to know who as it is just annoying me now.

Fire_At_The_Disco
3 hours ago, Canscot said:

Wife and I watched the first four episodes last night. It was quite riveting. Hoping we get to see the last three episodes before heading across the pond to our river cruise. But if not,might need to wait till end of August to see the finale! Arghhhhh!

Who and where are u doing the river cruise with mate, we’ve done loads of cruises but quite fancy trying the river cruises. 

Just now, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Who and where are u doing the river cruise with mate, we’ve done loads of cruises but quite fancy trying the river cruises. 

Doing the Budapest to Amsterdam with Viking. Starting July 31 ending 2 weeks later in Amsterdam. We have never been on any kind of cruise before so this will be new for us. 
We go through Austria and Germany too. We got a screeching hot price so could not turn it down. Only downside might be if the river flows are low then sometimes you need to be bussed to get on another boat that is in deeper water. We will just need to roll with the punches if that happens. 

Jack Ryan season 4 on Prime. It's very good, as were the first 3 seasons. It's a pity it's the last season.

I watched Treason on Netflix recently and, as far as spy capers go, it pales into insignificance compared to how slick the Jack Ryan show has been.

10 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Jack Ryan season 4 on Prime. It's very good, as were the first 3 seasons. It's a pity it's the last season.

I watched Treason on Netflix recently and, as far as spy capers go, it pales into insignificance compared to how slick the Jack Ryan show has been.

Agree with you about Jack Ryan. Just finished watching the episode where he gets a bag slipped over his head. I think only one or two more episodes to go. 

1 hour ago, Canscot said:

Agree with you about Jack Ryan. Just finished watching the episode where he gets a bag slipped over his head. I think only one or two more episodes to go. 

Just finished the last episode, only the one after you mentioned. I Googled it after and, although it was the last episode of Jack Ryan, I see a spinoff featuring Chavez is planned. No idea if it'll be any good, but can understand them wanting to cash in on the success of the original.

1 minute ago, PortyJambo said:

Just finished the last episode, only the one after you mentioned. I Googled it after and, although it was the last episode of Jack Ryan, I see a spinoff featuring Chavez is planned. No idea if it'll be any good, but can understand them wanting to cash in on the success of the original.

Hmmm! So maybe I can watch the last episode tonight on Prime?

4 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Hmmm! So maybe I can watch the last episode tonight on Prime?

Yep, last episode is available on Prime now

Fire_At_The_Disco
17 hours ago, Canscot said:

Doing the Budapest to Amsterdam with Viking. Starting July 31 ending 2 weeks later in Amsterdam. We have never been on any kind of cruise before so this will be new for us. 
We go through Austria and Germany too. We got a screeching hot price so could not turn it down. Only downside might be if the river flows are low then sometimes you need to be bussed to get on another boat that is in deeper water. We will just need to roll with the punches if that happens. 

Viking are a good company, Did u get prices direct from Viking or elsewhere bud

1 hour ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

1 hour ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

It was through a travel agent where we live. In conjunction with Viking of course. The agent put on this online seminar etc that we attended where we got all the details, pricing etc then pulled the trigger on it. We got the whole trip including 4 separate fights each to and from Canada, for slightly less than my sister priced out the same trip from Edinburgh. The claim was the flights were free. It would appear they were being truthful. Albeit the connections going to Budapest,are not the best ( they did not give us any other choice) we can live with that die to the bargain price. 

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds continues to be excellent.

Dumps all the Nu-Trek shite and goes right back to episodic classic Star Trek. 

Good stuff.

2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Has anybody watched From?

i enjoyed it, good premise and i've just seen the second series starts next week

mrmarkus1981_1
7 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i enjoyed it, good premise and i've just seen the second series starts next week

I've watched the second series. I won't watch a third. I need answers 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, milky_26 said:

2 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

I've watched the second series. I won't watch a third. I need answers 🤷‍♂️

Oh is it an enigma, wrapped in a puzzle with no answers the way Lost was? 

mrmarkus1981_1
3 hours ago, Bozi said:

Oh is it an enigma, wrapped in a puzzle with no answers the way Lost was? 

100%

I will watch a third if I know its the last series, in the hope that there are answers!!!

Just now, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

100%

I will watch a third if I know its the last series, in the hope that there are answers!!!

Ah shiiiiite 

Sex Panther
On 17/07/2023 at 22:13, Bozi said:

Has anybody watched From?

Starting watching this after enjoying this trailer you shared. Filled my keks a couple of times already!😒

On episode 5 and liking it though disappointed to read about the "Lost" nature of providing no answers after 2 seasons.

For me, it has a similar feel to Wayward Pines & Outcast, both of which are very good if you haven't watched either of those.

17 hours ago, Sex Panther said:

Starting watching this after enjoying this trailer you shared. Filled my keks a couple of times already!😒

On episode 5 and liking it though disappointed to read about the "Lost" nature of providing no answers after 2 seasons.

For me, it has a similar feel to Wayward Pines & Outcast, both of which are very good if you haven't watched either of those.

Watched both of them actually, thought Outcast deserved a longer run but Wayward Pines ran out of steam quickly and the quality dipped fast. 

I can't get over the psycho lassie looking like Erling Haaland with brown hair though 😂

On 16/07/2023 at 21:09, Cade said:

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds continues to be excellent.

Dumps all the Nu-Trek shite and goes right back to episodic classic Star Trek. 

Good stuff.

I’ve seen a lot of favourable reviews of this but I’ve been really disappointed with it so far. I enjoyed season 1 a lot more. 

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

Watched both of them actually, thought Outcast deserved a longer run but Wayward Pines ran out of steam quickly and the quality dipped fast. 

I can't get over the psycho lassie looking like Erling Haaland with brown hair though 😂

Outcast was good and I agree it should have gotten at least one more series possibly more

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

Outcast was good and I agree it should have gotten at least one more series possibly more

Honestly I am loving the TV show From, it's excellent but it's rather off-putting that there is a girl on it that looks more like Erling Haaland than Erling Haaland himself

20230720_124307-COLLAGE.jpg

The sixth commandment on bbc.

superb stuff. True story about conman with the elderly. Disturbing and fascinating. Watched the first 2 episodes  and 2 to go

Sex Panther
19 hours ago, Bozi said:

Honestly I am loving the TV show From, it's excellent but it's rather off-putting that there is a girl on it that looks more like Erling Haaland than Erling Haaland himself

20230720_124307-COLLAGE.jpg

...and now that's all I will see!! 😂

Agree on Outcast and was a bit disappointed with the last few episodes of WP, but loved that first series. 

On 21/07/2023 at 08:58, PortyJambo said:

The Bear season 2 on Disney+ is great, I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first season.

I'd say it's even better than Season 1.  Some fantastic one-off episodes and great cameos from big actors.

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Pap said:

Anybody watched Foundation? Quite fancy it.

Fair enjoyed it,need to rewatch before catching second season 👍🏻 if that's yer stuff, recommend watching the expanse on Amazon prime 😃

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

4 hours ago, Pap said:

Anybody watched Foundation? Quite fancy it.

Book nerds are doing their usual internet rage.

But taken on its own the TV show is pretty damn good.

Carl Fredrickson
On 22/07/2023 at 21:25, Gards said:

I'd say it's even better than Season 1.  Some fantastic one-off episodes and great cameos from big actors.

Just finished S2 and I would agree. Some great tunes on it too. 

Tommy Brown
On 20/07/2023 at 23:52, 1971fozzy said:

superb stuff. True story about conman with the elderly. Disturbing and fascinating. Watched the first 2 episodes  and 2 to go

Was a good watch as it was a fascinating story.

On 21/07/2023 at 08:58, PortyJambo said:

The Bear season 2 on Disney+ is great, I enjoyed it every bit as much as the first season.

+1 for The Bear. Great TV

scott herbertson
On 20/07/2023 at 23:52, 1971fozzy said:

Yes, was very good. Well made. Looked it up on the nety after and appears to be very close to the truth too, which is chiling.

Edited by scott herbertson

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Yes, was very good. Well made. Looked it up on the nety after and appears to be very close to the truth too, which is chiling.

There’s an excellent channel 4 documentary about it . It might be on their catch up 

Halfway through season 11 of American Horror series and really enjoying it. Best one since season 5 (Hotel).

I'm 40 mins in to the first episode of Wolf on BBC. Is it worth sticking with?

It seems pretty crap so far with dodgy acting.

JudyJudyJudy
On 31/07/2023 at 16:27, JKB Member C said:

Halfway through season 11 of American Horror series and really enjoying it. Best one since season 5 (Hotel).

Sorry to burst your bubble but it deteriorates really badly , the last few episodes are laughable.  I love the show but it’s hit and miss . “ murder house “ “ asylum “ and “ coven “ are my favourites 

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm 40 mins in to the first episode of Wolf on BBC. Is it worth sticking with?

It seems pretty crap so far with dodgy acting.

It’s ludicrous but watchable . On last episode now . 

Just watched ‘The torso killer’ on sky. Jesus what a horrendous piece of work that guy was. 2 parter about a serial killer and the coppers story about getting further confessions from him. 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it deteriorates really badly , the last few episodes are laughable.  I love the show but it’s hit and miss . “ murder house “ “ asylum “ and “ coven “ are my favourites 

Too late. I just finished it. Yes it did very much go downhill. Still not the worst one though. 

10 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s ludicrous but watchable . On last episode now . 

I'm not going to make it to episode 2. The Ramsay Bolton guy and Rishi Sunak lookalike "detectives" were enough to kill it for me. Some of the worst acting I've ever seen.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm not going to make it to episode 2. The Ramsay Bolton guy and Rishi Sunak lookalike "detectives" were enough to kill it for me. Some of the worst acting I've ever seen.

It had an interesting twist at the end . But it was trying to be too much like a Tarantino film I feel !