D.Utd to sue McCurry

Das Root

McCurry's explanations are hilarious and entirely predictable.

For the first one, basically it's "I didn't see it". It's surely you or your assistants job to see it Mike?

For the second one it seems to be "I was going to give the goal but my stupid assistant over ruled me". Fantastic. Well I'm glad that's that cleared up.

Hun boy Smith riding over the hill to rescue him is so predicable too.

Now watch the Glasgow media slowly start to demonize CL and United.

We've been here before haven't we?

Quote from smith :

It is always frustrating when decisions go against you - but this has been a part of football since the game started.

No kidding !!

:mad:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hagar the Horrible
Exactly.

It's all too easy to acknowledge errors which have favoured the O.F. in retrospect. By then the damage is done and the points remain in Glasgow.

The Fyssas sending-off was later rescinded, but the result remained as a win to Celtic.

In addition ,the cancelling of Takis's red-card indicated that Maloney had dived, but he was never considered for any kind of sanction.

Referees favour the Old Firm- end of story!

You are totaly wrong? His sanction was he got young player of the year award? go figure? :confused:

Hilary Briss

They treat creditable people with credibility! (unless it's against the old firm)

Erm, the comments from United are against the old firm :P

Had we made the same comments, we would be getting pelters.

So McCurry admits that he can't keep up with play and can't make a decision.

Why then, is he considered "fit for purpose" in terms of refereeing at the top level in Scotland?

He should be demoted immediately, as happens in England. However, the job's been done and it's time to sweep it under the carpet, as they did with Davis.

It is cheating, pure and simple.

And Coco, for your hatred of Craig Levein (for whatever reason you hold it)to cloud your opinion does you no favours. Did you accept the ridiculous explanation of the Davis/Dallas decision too?

McCurry has got decisions wrong in every game I've ever seen him. He's got a lot better in recent years though. Only recently we were talking on here about the Hearts-Celtic game years ago when Mickey was sent off for jostling with Mjallby. Was he a cheat then - favouring Celtic?

All referees make mistakes in games.

I thought Levein's comments on Dougie McDonald were laughable. There are the right channels to go through - and once again he has chosen the wrong channel. He is a bit dim I think. I await his evidence being produced.

And as for Davies/Dallas - Hugh Dallas did no wrong in my opinion as he was told what to do by Davies. I thought it was a terrible decision by Davies - and he should be blamed for that. I have seen no evidence that it was anything other than a terrible decision though.

Hagar the Horrible
McCurry has got decisions wrong in every game I've ever seen him. He's got a lot better in recent years though. Only recently we were talking on here about the Hearts-Celtic game years ago when Mickey was sent off for jostling with Mjallby. Was he a cheat then - favouring Celtic?

I thought Levein's comments on Dougie McDonald were laughable. There are the right channels to go through - and once again he has chosen the wrong channel. He is a bit dim I think. I await his evidence being produced.

And as for Davies/Dallas - Hugh Dallas did no wrong in my opinion as he was told what to do by Davies. I thought it was a terrible decision by Davies - and he should be blamed for that. I have seen no evidence that it was anything other than a terrible decision though.

Pay more attention to games?

What about Webster getting halfed in two yet no penalty and Rangers first goal came from a deliberate hand ball by Andrews both times Dallas had a very clear view and chose to give nothing? all in the same game, and Dallas did not have to act on Davis' word, he could have still given the goal kick as he had the beter view?

Coco I think you are giving the oficials too much credit here.

Is our record with McDonald in charge purely by chance?

How can the Davies incident possibly be "nothing more than a terrible decision"? There was blatantly nothing in it, and he was a matter of yards away. He knew what he was doing, and that is clear as day IMO.

Pay more attention to games?

What about Webster getting halfed in two yet no penalty and Rangers first goal came from a deliberate hand ball by Andrews both times Dallas had a very clear view and chose to give nothing? all in the same game, and Dallas did not have to act on Davis' word, he could have still given the goal kick as he had the beter view?

"All referees make mistakes in games".

Where is the proof that the referees/linesmen are cheats?

Coco I think you are giving the oficials too much credit here.

Is our record with McDonald in charge purely by chance?

How can the Davies incident possibly be "nothing more than a terrible decision"? There was blatantly nothing in it, and he was a matter of yards away. He knew what he was doing, and that is clear as day IMO.

I am afraid that neither of those are proof.

I have no idea whether the officials are less than fair. Proving that allegation is very difficult. If Levein has no evidence I hope that he is taken for a lot of money by McCurry.

The consistency of these "mistakes", and the teams they appear to "accidentally" benefit.

I am afraid that neither of those are proof.

I have no idea whether the officials are less than fair. Proving that allegation is very difficult. If Levein has no evidence I hope that he is taken for a lot of money by McCurry.

I'm fairly sure decisions during games by DM can be highlighted.

Defending the Davies incident is laughable IMO.

If clubs would band together for once, and fight a joint battle instead of stabbig each other in the back, the evidence is there.

A referee saying to a player 'good goal', or 'well played', or anything like that does not make him a cheat and in fact is good refereeing. Players respect them for it.

Not giving a blatent penalty, disallowing a perfectly good goal and not sending off a player for headbutting an opponent is terrible refereeing.

For McCurry to hide behind his linesman is a disgrace.

As for Utd winning any legal argument. That would be really difficult.

As some have said, hopefully this wont be swept under the carpet as is the norm. Gordon Smith to resign me thinks, he's been a joke since he took over at the SFA.

The consistency of these "mistakes", and the teams they appear to "accidentally" benefit.

That might be suspicious but it is not proof.

If Levein is going to try to use something like that, he will be taken to the cleaners.:)

coppercrutch
Not really to honest. As was said above, act like a nutter, get treated like a nutter.

Vlad got the reaction his constant ranting and raving deserved.

Levein got the reaction that a respected and well spoken and articulate person deserves.

Would you please give it a break !!

Vlad has said some stupid things. There is no doubt about that. However his comments about the cheating in the game from the OF and the SFA were spot on.

Who cares 'how' he said them or in what 'manner'. He said them when all around were too scared too. The least we could have done as a support would have been to back him on that ONE PARTICULAR POINT. Many fans did not.

I personally do not have much time for John Hughes. However when he came out with his blasts at refereeing I put that to one side and quite happily backed him on that ONE PARTICULAR POINT.

Maybe you and a few others could do the same. You shouldn't let your (no doubt reasonable) dislike of Vlad get in the way of this one point.

We all know for a lot of things Vlad has been a ******. However when it comes to his abuse of the OF and the SFA he is a legend. If you think otherwise you must support the Huns or the Tims.

:)

Chad Sexington

As some have said, hopefully this wont be swept under the carpet as is the norm. Gordon Smith to resign me thinks, he's been a joke since he took over at the SFA.

Agree 100%.

The man is clown. Every time he opens his mouth I cringe. His incompetence has been staggering.

Of course he'll hang on to his position. He's part of the OF dynasty that runs our sorry excuse of a game.

I don't see anywhere that says United plan to sue McCurry for being a cheat.

It seems they are suing because his "geniune" mistakes have potentially cost them a shedload of cash.

In any other profession, a **** up by an employee of a company can potentially cost the company a lot of bucks because of geniune mistakes. Look at the DPA issues when someone leaves a laptop on a bus etc.

Don't see what Dundee United (who are suing, not Levein) have to prove in that case other than McCurry made a Noel Hunt of it.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Who gives a flying what Romanov did or didn't do? This is nothing to do with Romanov. This is Dudndee Utd's fight and all Hearts fans should support them if you believe the Old Firm are treated more leniently by referee's.

Anyway, Vlad cocked it up big-time by going straight for the jugular - he flat-out accused them of paying bribes to referees with no evidence presented whatsoever.

Also, the reason Vlad isn't taken as seriously by the Scottish establishment is because he actually had a chance to smash Old Firm dominance ON THE PITCH, where it counts a million times more, and deliberately sabotaged it for reasons nobody yet understands. If he didn't care about beating them on the pitch it sounds silly, hollow and paranoid when he goes on about being cheated both off it and by referees.

colinmaroon
Agree, it'd have been treated differently if it was Mad Vlad.

Why?

Have you ever read the boy who cried wolf?

Yes, and from memory, it's a story of a boy saying there was a wolf there when there wasn't!

Again from memory, Vlad said that the GFA and the referees were 'corrupt' - which I believe is exactly what's being said in relationship to Utd's being cheated on Saturday!

If I'm not mistaken, the things that happened to Hearts that Vlad was talking about, including Davisgate etc. were just examples of exactly what happend on Saturday,

Ergo - there was a wolf!!!

Vlad deserves a lot of stick for the things he got wrong!

He did not get this wrong!!!

Hagar the Horrible

Coco, i think you are missing the point?

Yes Refs can make mistakes, they are human? and there have been some realy bad howlers? But when ever ever has one cost the OF a trophy, Its not just the big decisions that cost games its the lots and lots of small ones? OF players get let off more, than the rest we are all just there to make up the numbers? Rangers winning the league was clearly seen as far more important than DU qualifying for Europe, the same decision happened to us 3 years ago and will again and again.

Even if they are all just honest mistakes then fine, but i cant recall that many complaints in my lifetime?

Whats more to the point even if its not true the perception is that it is and that is damaging the game? It is now down to the SFA to prove they are innocent rather than we prove they are guilty!

If it can happen in Germany and Italy it can happen here.

The real horror is that just consider we are proved right? Well I for one want Rangers/Celtic and the SFA to return my money fo every season ticket i have ever bought? and thats why it will never be proved, but at the very least just stopped?

Yes, and from memory, it's a story of a boy saying there was a wolf there when there wasn't!

Again from memory, Vlad said that the GFA and the referees were 'corrupt' - which I believe is exactly what's being said in relationship to Utd's being cheated on Saturday!

If I'm not mistaken, the things that happened to Hearts that Vlad was talking about, including Davisgate etc. were just examples of exactly what happend on Saturday,

Exactly.

I just wish he had managed to get it across in a more eloquent manner.

That might be suspicious but it is not proof.

If Levein is going to try to use something like that, he will be taken to the cleaners.:)

Coco, Serious question, Are you a Referee???

You seem to stick up for, what to EVERYONE else outside of Refereeing circles is quite blatant, CHEATING...I can understand people make mistakes, But how many mistakes go AGAINST the S C U M from Glasgow???

If I made as many mistakes in my Job I wouldn't last very long!!

Yup, Vlad may be many things but he's absolutely right in his claims about refereeing in this country. His methods of communicating this opinion leave a little to be desired, but cultural differences and things being lost in translation can account for much of that.

The media here treat him like a nutter but it's nothing to do with having cried wolf in my opinion. They treated him like this from the start.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all pans out and I really hope that for once, the other non-OF clubs do the right thing and lend their support where they can. Whether its right or wrong, Eddie T and Levein command more respect than our lot do and if they can't get the other clubs to speak up, I don't honestly think anyone ever will.

Basically it's a cushy job for a ref, you can control the outcome of any game no matter how it's going simply by awarding or not awarding as you see fit and then hold your hands up after and say 'oooops, sorry guv, honest mistake eh?' and a swift pat on the back will follow, a wee cuddle and a 'never mind, evens itself out'.

Strangely enough you rarely if ever see them doing that after Rangers or Celtic have lost to a wrong decision or more eh? :rolleyes:

I don't see anywhere that says United plan to sue McCurry for being a cheat.

It seems they are suing because his "geniune" mistakes have potentially cost them a shedload of cash.

In any other profession, a **** up by an employee of a company can potentially cost the company a lot of bucks because of geniune mistakes. Look at the DPA issues when someone leaves a laptop on a bus etc.

Don't see what Dundee United (who are suing, not Levein) have to prove in that case other than McCurry made a Noel Hunt of it.

That's entirely true, hence why insurance companies make a bundle from professional indemnity.

Hope McCurry's kept his premiums up to date :P

Cant believe that Loser McCurry said that to Novo.

It was such a shocking performance by a ref that its very ironic hes incharge of the final V My home team Queen of the South.

Another biased game from a s*** ref.

This has to Stop.

I got told today Rangers have never lost a game when McCurry has been in charge?

The problem is that legally the SFA / SPL are a closed shop

So whilst there may be proper channels a club can go down to "get stuck into" a referee, these channels will invariably lead to wagons being circled around a referee to ensure that, even if there are mistakes, they are made inert by the procedure by which they are adjudicated

One of the biggest procedural farces being the review of a decision initially by the person that made the decision himself, with no right of appeal

Whilst I can accept that you cant open up sporting regimes to the general laws of the country they are domiciled in, I dont find it acceptable that the basic rights of natural justice and bias can be so blatantly ignored.

At the very least there needs to be an indepedent football arbitration board in Scotland where all appeals are referred

To have a ref review his own mistake with no right of appeal is nonsense.

To have a panel that may contain people affiliated to clubs who may benefit from the increased suspension of a player of a competing club is nonsense

To have a footballing panel rule upon work permits where a competing team may benefit from a player applying for a permit is nonsense

On a wider scale to have a set up where at least 75% (IMO) of referees of the professional game supported the top 2 clubs in the country and regularly have them officiate in games involving these teams is nonsense.

Whatever people think of McCurry in this instance, the above examples clearly lead to the possibility of bias and corruption and no matter what anyone thinks the SFA / SPL could relatively easily set up a system which removes a huge proportion of the potential bias that currently exists in Scotland

IF THEY WANTED TO....

Coco, Serious question, Are you a Referee???

You seem to stick up for, what to EVERYONE else outside of Refereeing circles is quite blatant, CHEATING...I can understand people make mistakes, But how many mistakes go AGAINST the S C U M from Glasgow???

If I made as many mistakes in my Job I wouldn't last very long!!

No I am not a referee.

I think that referees make a lot of mistakes. But I don't have any evidence that any of the referees are cheats - if they do then they should be hounded out. Anyone got any evidence?

Guest JamboRobbo

Vlad has come out with the "we were cheated line" at times when we were hard done by, and also at times when we haven't been all that hard done by. Hence the boy who cried wolf.

If he'd just stuck to commenting on the really bad decisions, he'd be listened to. But he used to babble and complain over and over about every little thing. Initially the media made headlines from his comments. Eventually they got bored, and he was relegated to smaller columns, then eventually pretty much ignored, cause he was coming out with the same rubbish over and over regardless of what actually happened.

The reason Levein and Thomson command a bit more respect, is cause they have been around the game for a fair while and only come out with this when it is a clear, exceptional and blatant case, rather than coming out with stuff like this all the time to try and deflect attention from their on park failings like Vlad does.

No I am not a referee.

I think that referees make a lot of mistakes. But I don't have any evidence that any of the referees are cheats - if they do then they should be hounded out. Anyone got any evidence?

Gotta love the 'source' type posts ;)

If anybody had any evidence do you think they'd post it on an internet chat forum? No. So why the instance on asking?

The SFO have been investigating football bungs for a while, even had a jaunt round Greyskull not so long ago, maybe they've got a few titbits worth looking at, nobody knows, certainly not anybody who posts on here.

Gotta love the 'source' type posts ;)

If anybody had any evidence do you think they'd post it on an internet chat forum? No. So why the instance on asking?

The SFO have been investigating football bungs for a while, even had a jaunt round Greyskull not so long ago, maybe they've got a few titbits worth looking at, nobody knows, certainly not anybody who posts on here.

The allegations are being made on here.

The allegations are being made on here.

Allegations....discussion.....you say tomato....etc. If half the threads required a thesis to back them up JKB would be a far quieter place.

Allegations....discussion.....you say tomato....etc. If half the threads required a thesis to back them up JKB would be a far quieter place.

Anyway, I was really talking about Levein's allegations - which he should now have to prove.

50% of the Scottish footballing public support 1 of the old firm!!!:mad:

50% of all referee's imo, must then favour 1 of the old firm.:cool:

I think that it is important to have some evidence.

McCurry has completely demolished the supposed 'evidence' of Levein's rant.

If there are cheats in Scottish football refereeing I completely support the effort to get rid of them. But you need proper evidence.

He hasn't demolished anything : he's made himself look a fool though. Why didn't he consult his linesman at the time of the first incident ? Why didn't the linesman raise his flag ? Because they BOTH bottled it.

Even worse , by his own admission , he had a clear view of the second BUT allowed himself to be overruled by a linesman. You couldn't make this up.

It's just not credible.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Yup, Vlad may be many things but he's absolutely right in his claims about refereeing in this country. His methods of communicating this opinion leave a little to be desired, but cultural differences and things being lost in translation can account for much of that.

The media here treat him like a nutter but it's nothing to do with having cried wolf in my opinion. They treated him like this from the start.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all pans out and I really hope that for once, the other non-OF clubs do the right thing and lend their support where they can. Whether its right or wrong, Eddie T and Levein command more respect than our lot do and if they can't get the other clubs to speak up, I don't honestly think anyone ever will.

Got to disagree. The proper media (not guys like Nicholas, Young, Provan, Walker) treated him like a nutter since the day Burley was sacked and not before. It's difficult to argue with their opinion of him.

Cant believe that Loser McCurry said that to Novo.

It was such a shocking performance by a ref that its very ironic hes incharge of the final V My home team Queen of the South.

Another biased game from a s*** ref.

This has to Stop.

I got told today Rangers have never lost a game when McCurry has been in charge?

Ryan,

This might just work out in Queen's favour.

McCurry might just be very wary of any decisions he gives Rangers.

Might end up being a case of 2 wrongs eventually make a right. Which they don't.

But if you referee games honestly, fairly and consistently then you have nothing to hide from, or apologise for when you make a genuine mistake.

No I am not a referee.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1467560,00.html

http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=690194

http://www.majorwager.com/forums/mess-hall/38220-english-referee-suspended-over-online-racing-syndicate.html

http://www.voanews.com/english/archive/2006-05/2006-05-13-voa12.cfm?CFID=296552604&CFTOKEN=44462277

http://www.radio.cz/en/article/53545

It can happen in Germany, Portugal, England, Italy and the Czech Republic.........but not Scotland, right?

yvonnejambo

Levein will certainly face a probe of his own because of his astonishing outburst after the Ibrox match.

This quote from the paper just fuels the OF bias, why is 'astonishing' that a manager is extremely peed off when refs get to do whatever to help the OF. Could you imagine if it had been the other way round? I know it wouldnt happen but just try and imagine. It would be the end of the the ref forever and i doubt it would be reported that it was an astonishing outburst by walter smith. :evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno:

Vlad has come out with the "we were cheated line" at times when we were hard done by, and also at times when we haven't been all that hard done by. Hence the boy who cried wolf.

If he'd just stuck to commenting on the really bad decisions,

Yeah lets forget the 'smaller' decisions. I think VR has got more of a case by complaining about all decisions wether we have been really hard done by, or shafted just a wee bit.

I thought you would have been of the stance that Utd and Levein should be keeping their gobs shut until they sort out their own disciplinary record (nearly as bad as ours and Hibs) and start winning games, then they may have a point?

I'm caught in two minds re the Utd case.....................on one hand i think it is something they should take further (but just shouting the odds when it has really got bad does not help their case imo) and on the other hand i feel like saying fk them, they hid away like the rest of Scottish football when VR first tried to bring this issue to the forefront, so hell mend them.

50% of the Scottish footballing public support 1 of the old firm!!!:mad:

50% of all referee's imo, must then favour 1 of the old firm.:cool:

No, according to Gordon Smith it's 90% that support one or other of the Old Firm. If that really is the case it tells you all you really have to know about the integrity of Scottish Football - in my opinion.

Only a Game

I am sorry to say that he was the referee when we beat them 4-2 earlier in the season.

True, but hearts were awesome that day and nobody could have stopped us winning. In that match he tamely put up with constant moaning from Weir and Thomson without booking either. He also let MacGregor off with a challenge that could only be termed an assault on Clum - straight red was the correct decision follwed by a lengthy ban.

He was also the ref that allowed Bazza's basketball manoeuvre that cost us a chance of a LC final. I think his excuse later was that he had had time to think about it and decided that Jose had handled the ball seconds earlier and it should have been a penalty. WTF! After Rangers scored their second he then went a booking spree of Rangers players for not a lot - presumably to demonstrate his even-handedness.

I am sorry to say that he was the referee when we beat them 4-2 earlier in the season.

Only a Game
True, but hearts were awesome that day and nobody could have stopped us winning. In that match he tamely put up with constant moaning from Weir and Thomson without booking either. He also let MacGregor off with a challenge that could only be termed an assault on Clum - straight red was the correct decision follwed by a lengthy ban.

He was also the ref that allowed Bazza's basketball manoeuvre that cost us a chance of a LC final. I think his excuse later was that he had had time to think about it and decided that Jose had handled the ball seconds earlier and it should have been a penalty. WTF! After Rangers scored their second he then went a booking spree of Rangers players for not a lot - presumably to demonstrate his even-handedness.

I'm only playing devils advocate here because I do think there's something rotten about our referees in terms of their bottle and their competence. But I think McCurry also gave us a "soft" penalty that day as well.

Couldnt remember that he was the LCSF referee also and if thats correct he certainly either bottled that one or just gifted them a goal that everyone knows that we, or any other team playing against the OF, would not have got.

I disagree.

I think Levein is a very smart cookie.

I dont think this case has anything to do with winning.

Its about highlgihting the issue, shaming the SFA, making a point.

Not about winning. And they have done exactly that, its in the paper, were talking about it. You can bet others are too.

Well dont Levein and Utd.

I agree with this. To take a referee to court would either never happen or be unlikely to result in any positive outcome given that hard evidence of cheating (taped conversations / phone calls etc) would be needed. The problem is that the refs in Scotland just have it engrained in them. I don't think Smith or Strachan will be phoning up refs, the refs are all just rangers or celtic fans so they give them the decisions because of that. What Levein has done has highlighted the issue. If it wasn't for his outburst at the end of the game nothing more would've been said about it - how much coverage did aberdeens disallowed goal get for example?

I'd like to see foreign referees in the spl. When i watch OF european games it always makes me laugh/cringe when their players go down looking at the referee for a foul. Lennon, sutton, hartson, petrov were all bad for this, i;m sure there are plenty of rangers players who do it too.

JamboRossi79
I'm only playing devils advocate here because I do think there's something rotten about our referees in terms of their bottle and their competence. But I think McCurry also gave us a "soft" penalty that day as well.

Couldnt remember that he was the LCSF referee also and if thats correct he certainly either bottled that one or just gifted them a goal that everyone knows that we, or any other team playing against the OF, would not have got.

Soft ???? That was as stonewall a penalty as you are likely to see.

Ivas skinned Hutton and Hutton took the bait and took him out. Penalty no question.

JamboRossi79

I counted 11 times Thomson was asked by McCurry to come to him and he didn't eventually the ref gave in and went to him.

Not to mention the no action taken against first Adam for deliberately knocking the ball out of Banks' hands (the kind of stuff you won't even see in junior footie) it was truly bizarre.

Another incident in the semi was Whittakers' forearm smash off the ball on Miko, no action taken and he took out Miko again and got booked that time.

I could only be bothered to read the first one. But I presume that they all had evidence.

If anyone has any evidence other than refereeing mistakes in Scotland then they should forward it to the SFA so the referees concerned can be hounded out as they should be.

We_are_the_Hearts
I could only be bothered to read the first one. But I presume that they all had evidence.

If anyone has any evidence other than refereeing mistakes in Scotland then they should forward it to the SFA so the referees concerned can be hounded out as they should be.

Wake up Coco! Do you believe they are genuine honest mistakes? Deary me..................................................Me thinks your personal dislike for Levein is getting in the way here;)

Wake up Coco! Do you believe they are genuine honest mistakes? Deary me..................................................Me thinks your personal dislike for Levein is getting in the way here;)

They might or might not be honest mistakes. Unless Levein can prove that they are not honest mistakes he has no case.

And I'm delighted that he is going to be hammered!:)

Just a point that annoyed me at the time of Mr Davis.

The reaction of the media then (as well as SFA) was..."how dare you suggest our refs/linos could be dishonest/corrupt".

Now what I could not understand then, and still can't, is that in every walk of life of officialdom there is some form of corruption. Whether it be money changing hands, nepotism favouritism etc, why not in Scottish football?

When there has been enquiries over refs in so many countries, why only in Scotland is a shocking idea that refs are bent, or showing favour?

At the time we asked for an independant enquiry, and were pilloried. Why?

Were they scared what might come out? Surely if there is nothing to hide they should be happy to allow enquiries to make sure the game is clean and stays clean?

They close ranks like a bunch of naughty kids in a class who all refuse to speak up when a teacher asks "who did that?".

I can't PROVE they are corrupt, but there is enough suggestion for proper enquiries.

Here in Scotland I seriously doubt that the problem is deliberate cheating, money changing hands or anything of that sort.

Rather the problem is one of unconsious bias, a kind of "when in doubt" mentality. This may not result in the OF winning / drawing any particular game but over a season it will undoubtedly make a big difference to the number of points they have. (IMO)

A secondary effect could be the number of yellow and red cards handed out to other sides as frustration creeps in when they see that justice is not being seen to be done on the park.

So my vote goes with foreign referees for all games involving the OF and if Dundee Utd's case against McCurry hastens that then so much the better.

One word of caution. If McCurry were to lose this case (which he won't) then the ball is well and truly up on the slates. No-one will want to referee any game in case the losing side takes the hump and he gets his house taken away !

Archived