D.Utd to sue McCurry

Das Root

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr. Bapswent

Superb

I dont imagine they will get anywhere with this.

But to legally, and publically force evidence to be aired about grievances with the refereeing and the OF can be nothing but a good thing.

Hopefully, in the end, it will be shown that the OF DO get a bias in thier favour.

An interesting potential step forward in the fight for some sort of justice in Scottish football.

Rudolf's Mate

Especially liked the

television pictures which appear to show McCurry saying to Rangers' Nacho Novo, "Good goal, Nacho"

The biggest shock was that McCurry didn't run up to the govan stand to celebrate!!!

John Findlay
Superb

I dont imagine they will get anywhere with this.

But to legally, and publically force evidence to be aired about grievances with the refereeing and the OF can be nothing but a good thing.

Hopefully, in the end, it will be shown that the OF DO get a bias in thier favour.

An interesting potential step forward in the fight for some sort of justice in Scottish football.

If this ever gets to court and I seriously doubt it. DR sales must be low in the Dundee region at present.

My money is on the SFA getting Donald Findlay in as their defence QC and the judge being either a ST holder at Celtic Park or Ibrox.

John

Chad Sexington

They don't have a hope in hell unfortunately.

The Weegia will start to close ranks on them now as well. Just like they did against us.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that McCurry has been caught saying "Nice goal Nacho" either.

Brian McClair spilled the beans in his book about the linesman at the St Mirren game shouting over to him "We've done it Brian" when he'd heard the score from Dens.

It's been going on for ever.

I don't see it getting any further than when we were kicking up a stink, but we live in hope.

The courts, with evidence, is certainly the way to go.

I would imagine that McCurry is also consulting legal advice for a claim against Levein.

Suggesting that a referee congratulating a player for a good goal is evidence against that referee being fair is absolutely preposterous.

Please let this run

A fitting legacy for Thompson to leave behind if it gets anywhere

The minimum we need is refs from outside Scotland IMO

I presume Vlad will back United on this.

If this ever gets to court and I seriously doubt it. DR sales must be low in the Dundee region at present.

My money is on the SFA getting Donald Findlay in as their defence QC and the judge being either a ST holder at Celtic Park or Ibrox.

John

The DR site lists Craig Levein as one of it's columnists. I'd assume they'll give him an even hand as he's not going after Rangers, just McCurry.

I would imagine that McCurry is also consulting legal advice for a claim against Levein.

Suggesting that a referee congratulating a player for a good goal is evidence against that referee being fair is absolutely preposterous.

But did he say the same to De Vries? Evidence would pile up on a day where a penalty was not given, a good goal chalked off, a head butt not properly carded, a last man challenge let slip by and on top of that he's congratulating the team shown the bias on a goal scored.

Nobody might see you sticking the knife in but if caught with it in your hands you will have to prove you didn't do it more than them prove you did.

Dr. Bapswent

John

I agree.

But anything to publically and more important OFFICIALLY lodge a complaint against the state of refereeing in favour of the OF can do nothing but good to highlight the problem, and potentially bring back some status quo to the way games are refereed.

Unfortunately, i think its even more unlikely that if it did go to court, any decision would be favourable to the forces of righteousness and good and therefore you would here nothing but 'the courts proved there was no case to answer', referees are fair, from both the OF and the SFA afterwards.

Make no doubts, this is a case both sides of the OF, and the SFA will be united in wanting to fail. It is in thier interests to keep this out of the courts and to discredit it as much as possible.

With that in mind i think it is doomed to failure, but if the other option is to continue to roll over in silence about this issue, I for one give it my full support.

Guest JamboRobbo

McCurry should go for it I say. Getting this into the courts will be the last thing referees want, as they'll no longer be able to us fear of being fined/suspended to prevent others having the freedom to say what they think.

Once again Levein has gone about this in exactly the wrong way.

How can he 'prove' that McCurry cheated?

His comments are just as stupid as when he said that 'McDonald had made 97 mistakes'. Not able to be proven.

The only way in which Levein could prove that McCurry is a cheat is if he has evidence that he is a cheat. Re-runs of normal football decisions (albeit bad decisions) and a comment to a player congratulating him on a goal is not that evidence. For someone who thinks very highly of himself, Levein is not very bright.

Guest JamboRobbo
For someone who thinks very highly of himself, Levein is not very bright.

I get the impression you don't like him much. :P

But anything to publically and more important OFFICIALLY lodge a complaint against the state of refereeing in favour of the OF can do nothing but good to highlight the problem, and potentially bring back some status quo to the way games are refereed.

Precisely - its the publicity of the issue that is important

John Findlay
I agree.

Unfortunately, i think its even more unlikely that if it did go to court, any decision would be favourable to the forces of righteousness and good and therefore you would here nothing but 'the courts proved there was no case to answer', referees are fair, from both the OF and the SFA afterwards.

Make no doubts, this is a case both sides of the OF, and the SFA will be united in wanting to fail. It is in thier interests to keep this out of the courts and to discredit it as much as possible.

With that in mind i think it is doomed to failure, but if the other option is to continue to roll over in silence about this issue, I for one give it my full support.

Dont get me wrong I am for anything that highlights the cheating in favour of the OF.

I think Dundee United doing it on their own is a no no. Now if 9 other clubs in the SPL went into court with Dundee United it would make a statement. They probably wouldnt win as I think a court of law would regard the evidence as purely circumstantial but, 10 together is stronger than 1 on their own.

John

I get the impression you don't like him much. :P

If he fails to prove that McCurry is a cheat then I think he should get a life ban from Scottish football.

Guest JamboRobbo
If he fails to prove that McCurry is a cheat then I think he should get a life ban from Scottish football.

And if he manages it, he should get a lifetime service award.

hearts_crazy

I really hope this goes through, make an example of the fecker, ruin the biased winker, it's high time something was done about these barstewards. Utd are quite right to do this BTW, losing that game has put paid to their Euro challenge thereby potentially costing them millions. Tell you what, financially shafting just one ref would make all the others think twice about cheating.

Go on Utd take him all the way, take the shirt off his feckin back.

Dr. Bapswent
Once again Levein has gone about this in exactly the wrong way.

How can he 'prove' that McCurry cheated?

His comments are just as stupid as when he said that 'McDonald had made 97 mistakes'. Not able to be proven.

The only way in which Levein could prove that McCurry is a cheat is if he has evidence that he is a cheat. Re-runs of normal football decisions (albeit bad decisions) and a comment to a player congratulating him on a goal is not that evidence. For someone who thinks very highly of himself, Levein is not very bright.

I disagree.

I think Levein is a very smart cookie.

I dont think this case has anything to do with winning.

Its about highlgihting the issue, shaming the SFA, making a point.

Not about winning. And they have done exactly that, its in the paper, were talking about it. You can bet others are too.

Well dont Levein and Utd.

Dr. Bapswent
Dont get me wrong I am for anything that highlights the cheating in favour of the OF.

I think Dundee United doing it on their own is a no no. Now if 9 other clubs in the SPL went into court with Dundee United it would make a statement. They probably wouldnt win as I think a court of law would regard the evidence as purely circumstantial but, 10 together is stronger than 1 on their own.

John

Very much.

And surely this is a rallying call to other clubs to get on board?

Not shy away from the issue?

I cant think of any other better, public way of putting this issue out there.

Mark_Mywords
Precisely - its the publicity of the issue that is important

At the very least, it will highlight the problem with UEFA.

John Findlay
Very much.

And surely this is a rallying call to other clubs to get on board?

Not shy away from the issue?

I cant think of any other better, public way of putting this issue out there.

Every club outside the OF should be harassing the media with a show of support for Dundee United. Unfortunately they wont but they bloody well should be.

John

Seymour M Hersh

John

Although the standard of refereeing on Saturday was criminal the law suit would be a civil one so unlikely that DF would be involved.

And if he manages it, he should get a lifetime service award.

I think that the chances of proving this are slim to none. But I agree, if there are refereeing cheats then they should be rooted out. But my guess is that Levein will be forced into a very embarassing climbdown.

John Findlay
Although the standard of refereeing on Saturday was criminal the law suit would be a civil one so unlikely that DF would be involved.

You never know. He will do anything for a few bob ;)

John

Dr. Bapswent
At the very least, it will highlight the problem with UEFA.

Damn right.

UEFA should hopefully be embarrassed that the integrity of Scottish football is being threatened wirth court action.

Brilliant.

John Findlay
Damn right.

UEFA should hopefully be embarrassed that the integrity of Scottish football is being threatened wirth court action.

Brilliant.

Uefa wont care unfortunately. They turned a blind eye to the recent corruption scandal in Italian football. If corruption was proved in Scotland Uefa, wont touch it with a barge pole.

John

Record Sport also understands that several people at Dundee United, including manager Craig Levein, have seen television pictures which appear to show McCurry saying to Rangers' Nacho Novo, "Good goal, Nacho" midway through the first half after the Spaniard had put his side 2-0 up.

:evilno::omg_2:

colinmaroon

Oh, I do hope so!!!

There's little chance of a court action concerning Utd's complaints, but if that cheating excuse for a ref took action for defamation - - - !!!!

"Opening a can of worms" and "Hoist by his own petard" are phrases that spring to mind!!!

Oh, I do hope so!!!

There's little chance of a court action concerning Utd's complaints, but if that cheating excuse for a ref took action for defamation - - - !!!!

"Opening a can of worms" and "Hoist by his own petard" are phrases that spring to mind!!!

As I've said, the chances of Levein finding evidence to support his claim are slim to none. McCurry's lawyers would make an absolute mess of Levein's claims in my view.

The Old Tolbooth

Is it just me or is anyone else concerned about refs going out in a blaze of hun glory before they retire?

Andy Davies blatantly cheated by awarding der hun a penalty which effectively handed them the league title, thus guaranteeing his lodge membership for years to come, and now McCurry has done the same by cheating us in the league cup semi final (albeit we deserved to lose that one anyway) when Mr Untouchable handled the ball, right in front of him and he allowed the goal to stand!

Then on Saturday, McCurry blatantly made sure that United were never going to get anything from that game, knowing full well that he retires at the end of the season, and that it will all blow over and there will be no repercussions, it's like a competition to see who can retire causing the most controversy! He's probably made sure of appearances at sportsmans days out as a speaker for the next 30 years at every hun club in the land after than performance!

I really hope Craig and Eddie (sounds like a rap duo) take this all the way to the European court of human rights if they can, it's a disgrace!

Jambo Martin
I think that the chances of proving this are slim to none. But I agree, if there are refereeing cheats then they should be rooted out. But my guess is that Levein will be forced into a very embarassing climbdown.

Like the last time with the Hibee ref??

The SFA tried to throw the book at him but in the end he won!

Hagar the Horrible

Dundee Utd and CL both get my full backing even if we did not get any help from anybody after Davisgate

But the best that can be hoped for is for them to take it so far, then when the SFA try and fine them again CL refuses to pay again? Remember it was the Pieman who paid last time (to keep his SFA job) and the SFA backed down over the fine being doubled twice?

What you hope to happen is that the officials now back down but why would they Rangers are untouchable? This needs to happen to Hibs and Aberdeen and then it wont just come over as paranoia, then see if they can be brought to order?

The other 10 sides in the SPL need to grow some Jacobs and support DU and CL in this?

A DU plays typical opinion:-

"You get to the point where you feel like giving up and walking off the pitch.

You're not going to do that, obviously, but you just get so despondent with

it all. Sometimes when you come to Ibrox or Parkhead, you expect it to be like that.

It's in your head already that big decisions will go against you.

When we were last at Parkhead, we didn't play that well, but there were a

lot of strange decisions went against us. It could just be paranoia from teams

coming to Glasgow, I don't know."

If that is the view of a typical non OF player, then the fans must all be of the same

opinion and as such should support each other? Next time the team should just walk off the pitch? and a sit in of away fans!

As I've said, the chances of Levein finding evidence to support his claim are slim to none. McCurry's lawyers would make an absolute mess of Levein's claims in my view.

You don't know though, who's to say McCurry doesn't get a brown envelope every so often, or a trip on a certain private jet.

Nobody thought they'd pin anything on anybody in Italy and once done there were points deductions, relegations and more.

Even if it is just a wake up call to the other SPL teams that they don't have to bend over and take it from the OF that's a good enough start.

Plus I'd like to hear McCurry + linesman defend their decisions properly, not just a sh*tey wee paragraph on that pointless Whistleblowers site.

Civil Jambo

Well done Utd for having the stones to speak up after that disgraceful cheating by the rev mike mccurry, bout time! come on now SFA how do you defend that! and can we have our money back for the fines for claiming that the refs are cheats here when it clearly displayed for everyone to see!!!

Well done Utd for having the stones to speak up after that disgraceful cheating by the rev mike mccurry, bout time! come on now SFA how do you defend that! and can we have our money back for the fines for claiming that the refs are cheats here when it clearly displayed for everyone to see!!!

That's a good point, he's a minister isn't he? Get a bible in the feckers hand and see if he wants to face eternal damnation to protect Dave and Der Huns ;)

You don't know though, who's to say McCurry doesn't get a brown envelope every so often, or a trip on a certain private jet.

Nobody thought they'd pin anything on anybody in Italy and once done there were points deductions, relegations and more.

Even if it is just a wake up call to the other SPL teams that they don't have to bend over and take it from the OF that's a good enough start.

Plus I'd like to hear McCurry + linesman defend their decisions properly, not just a sh*tey wee paragraph on that pointless Whistleblowers site.

Absolutely. If Levein can find evidence such as that you mention, then he will have a strong case. And he will be doing all of us a service.

Of course it is very likely that he doesn't have any evidence.

Civil Jambo
That's a good point, he's a minister isn't he? Get a bible in the feckers hand and see if he wants to face eternal damnation to protect Dave and Der Huns ;)

Yes his day job is a minster ...........i wonder if that clouds his judgement..........................well is that doesnt the fact hes cleary a true hun does!

super_vlad
Is it just me or is anyone else concerned about refs going out in a blaze of hun glory before they retire?

Andy Davies blatantly cheated by awarding der hun a penalty which effectively handed them the league title, thus guaranteeing his lodge membership for years to come, and now McCurry has done the same by cheating us in the league cup semi final (albeit we deserved to lose that one anyway) when Mr Untouchable handled the ball, right in front of him and he allowed the goal to stand!

Then on Saturday, McCurry blatantly made sure that United were never going to get anything from that game, knowing full well that he retires at the end of the season, and that it will all blow over and there will be no repercussions, it's like a competition to see who can retire causing the most controversy! He's probably made sure of appearances at sportsmans days out as a speaker for the next 30 years at every hun club in the land after than performance!

I really hope Craig and Eddie (sounds like a rap duo) take this all the way to the European court of human rights if they can, it's a disgrace!

Totally agree with what you are saying, but this will never go to court ! Re-read the DR, not quotes at all from anyone at the club ! Its just the lazy media trying to show that they are not bias towards the OF, None of the papers had the guts to print the truth over the weekend, they all just used Leveins quotes and left it at that !

The problem with refs will not go away until we get rid of the sfa! There has to be a complete uphaul of the current system ! There has to be public accountability of refs ! WHY THE FECK IS THERE NONE ALREADY ! Atleast in england refs are judge by INPENDANT PEOPLE ! why does this not happen up here !

Geoff Kilpatrick

The problem United will face is that the SFA can sanction them for pursuing this outside of football. United, therefore, would be better suing the SFA as McCurry's employer, IMHO.

SectionDJambo

Nice to be able to watch this from being well out of it for a change. Interesting to see what happens. The only thing about Craig here is though, that he has made huge play on several occasions this season about how the refs were honest guys with a difficult job to do and he would not criticise them. Remember how he felt sorry for Freeland after he managed to sent 3 Hearts players off - one of them after he had been assaulted by Wilkie who got off without any punishment. They got a penalty from that one as well. No mention of "bottle" or "cheating" then. Now that they have suffered in a couple of high profile games, the pretence has come crashing down.

The Glasgow press will form ranks around the Uglies and the GFA on this one and brainwash all the armchair experts that the provincial clubs are paranoid and jealous of the might OF. That is what has happened before and it will happen again.

The D.R. said: "...he(McCurry) made a string of wrong decisions that went against United...".

What struck me about that statement is the absence of the word "allegedly".

Even the Daily Hun reports the ref's incompetence as factual rather than debatable.

Hilary Briss

Fair play to United.

Mind you, the DR would have reported it differently if "Mad" Vlad had made such a move.

Guest JamboRobbo
Fair play to United.

Mind you, the DR would have reported it differently if "Mad" Vlad had made such a move.

Agree, it'd have been treated differently if it was Mad Vlad.

Why?

Have you ever read the boy who cried wolf?

The Old Tolbooth
Agree, it'd have been treated differently if it was Mad Vlad.

Why?

Have you ever read the boy who cried wolf?

I agree, the papers treat nutters like, erm, nutters!

They treat creditable people with credibility! (unless it's against the old firm)

I really hope Craig and Eddie (sounds like a rap duo) !

Close

Charles and Eddie

Look into my eyes

Can't you see they're open wide

Would I lie to you baby

Would I lie to you (oh yeah)

Don't you know it's true

Girl there's no one else but you

Would I lie to you baby yeah

Archived