To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

Percival King

To demonstrate how, in their world, they are bigger/better/more successful than us, they focus on everything other than what any reasonable person would focus on - results, silverware, head-to-head record, league positions - and it's blatantly obvious why they do that.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I said it in a previous post, we get £6m every season from our benefactors and FOH.  Also, for Foley's £6m he gets a 25% stake in Hibs, Anderson puts in £4m a year for no stake.  The only people who have put money into Hearts over the past decade in return for a stake in the club are the FOH pledgers, and we now own the club.

Also, it doesn't matter how much money someone is prepared to put into a club, if the proper footballing structure is not in place then they just end up throwing good money after bad, just look at how much Chelsea and Man Utd have spent in recent years, yet both look unlikely challengers for a top 4 spot, let alone getting close to becoming title challengers again.

Chuck £6m at Hibs with their recent record in the transfer market and it's highly likely they'll spunk most of that away and still be relying on Hanlon and Stevenson as they get closer to their 40's.

How can so many people not understand this ? This guy is putting in about the same as we pull in every year through FOH and benefactors , and there is zero guarantee how much more will come their way . I would start to worry if they had an agreement for 10 million a year or something , but this really is not a big concern . Even if they also get lots of loans , they are just narrowing their pool that they can take them from 

There is zero about this that I want at Hearts :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Percival King said:

To demonstrate how, in their world, they are bigger/better/more successful than us, they focus on everything other than what any reasonable person would focus on - results, silverware, head-to-head record, league positions - and it's blatantly obvious why they do that.

Wee team syndrome. 

1971fozzy
34 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I said it in a previous post, we get £6m every season from our benefactors and FOH.  Also, for Foley's £6m he gets a 25% stake in Hibs, Anderson puts in £4m a year for no stake.  The only people who have put money into Hearts over the past decade in return for a stake in the club are the FOH pledgers, and we now own the club.

Also, it doesn't matter how much money someone is prepared to put into a club, if the proper footballing structure is not in place then they just end up throwing good money after bad, just look at how much Chelsea and Man Utd have spent in recent years, yet both look unlikely challengers for a top 4 spot, let alone getting close to becoming title challengers again.

Chuck £6m at Hibs with their recent record in the transfer market and it's highly likely they'll spunk most of that away and still be relying on Hanlon and Stevenson as they get closer to their 40's.

without a doubt the best most accurate post I’ve ever read on here. Bang on. 👍👍👍

54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How can so many people not understand this ? This guy is putting in about the same as we pull in every year through FOH and benefactors , and there is zero guarantee how much more will come their way . I would start to worry if they had an agreement for 10 million a year or something , but this really is not a big concern . Even if they also get lots of loans , they are just narrowing their pool that they can take them from 

There is zero about this that I want at Hearts :lol: 

Absolutely, bud.

So they are just going from living on Celtic's cast offs to Bournemouths. Is that basically it?

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So they are just going from living on Celtic's cast offs to Bournemouths. Is that basically it?

That's about the crux of it.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

That's about the crux of it.

But previously the manager at least had a say. Now it is like the Romanov years without the fun, quality or success.

:vrface:Oh Hibs.

1971fozzy
40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But previously the manager at least had a say. Now it is like the Romanov years without the fun, quality or success.

:vrface:Oh Hibs.

exactly how I see it. Like sooks  I’d never want this for us.  We will make in Europe what he’s maybe putting in , and for a chunk of their club too. This won’t end well for them.  

PaddysBar
15 minutes ago, PHSCAndy said:

He’s spot on. A total investment of £6m will make zero difference to hibs on field performances, especially as it’s going to be spent on infrastructure. 

Getting players from other clubs can be good but as Hibs are near the bottom of the Bournemouth pyramid, which players are they going to get. 

Another major question is how much say  does the manager have in who comes in?

How much say does the club have n who goes out?

All sounds very dodgy to me. 

132goals1958
23 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

He’s spot on. A total investment of £6m will make zero difference to hibs on field performances, especially as it’s going to be spent on infrastructure. 

Getting players from other clubs can be good but as Hibs are near the bottom of the Bournemouth pyramid, which players are they going to get. 

Another major question is how much say  does the manager have in who comes in?

How much say does the club have n who goes out?

All sounds very dodgy to me. 

Far too many imponderables about this investment for me. Taking fan rivalry and baiting opposition out of the equation they could be sleep walking into something that will come back to haunt them. Really surprising they don’t see a red flag about the proposed arrangement. I still get shivers down the spine as to how we could have ended up under Vlad. The difference with us was he was the only show in town at the time and we were dead in the water without him. The odds at the time were swayed towards liquidation. Maybe it’s an age thing but I don’t have an unhealthy bitterness towards them as is so evidenced on social media these days. I have a few friends that support them and we enjoy the usual banter which is invariably weighted in my favour. Hibs could and should have considered our blueprint of fan ownership. They should be worried why the Gordon family appears to be cooling their interest. Absentee landlords based thousands of miles away with large portfolios of investments covered by bonds and floating charges. Whatever could go wrong. 

Section Q
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Big game today.

Maybe the day for £700,000 Dylan Vente. And the new signings.

😁😁😁

I have been saying the very same to a few hibs mates this week.

They are putting my opinions down to jealousy and fear. 

Feels like circa 2005 

Edited by Rods

Vlad Magic
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Big game today.

Maybe the day for £700,000 Dylan Vente. And the new signings.

Scored an own goal.

Money well spent.

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mind the gap 

Yup!

16 points ahead of the Vermin who are on yet another “Gap” year.

Hibs coming back from 2-0 down to draw against Killie who are chasing us for 3rd.

Please never ever change Hibs :rofl:

PS - Mind the gap!!

Wee Mikey

Did Killie 'Killie it", or what?

Brilliant result for us, methinks.

How red is McInnes' pus now?

Hearts007
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Did Killie 'Killie it", or what?

Brilliant result for us, methinks.

How red is McInnes' pus now?

tippinn-point.gif.936a787941ebfeedcb4d11d4cc63da7f.gif

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, D4nny_ said:

Hibs coming back from 2-0 down to draw against Killie who are chasing us for 3rd.

PS - Mind the gap!!

Took Killie going down to 10 men to give them the lifeline.

That gap, though. Mathematically, there's still a chance they could catch us up by the time of the split.

:biglaugh:

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, D4nny_ said:

PS - Mind the gap!!

Yeah, perfect result 😁

34 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Took Killie going down to 10 men to give them the lifeline.

That gap, though. Mathematically, there's still a chance they could catch us up by the time of the split.

:biglaugh:

19 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Yeah, perfect result 😁

Best rivals in universal football :rofl: 

Wee Mikey

Who is gonna walk 500 miles now?

I await some funny replies ...

See that h1b5' numpty, the fella who regales H1b5?

'Up ye', to ye, ya bassa ...

Hopefully, no more crap other than H1b5 continuing to H1b5 it.

Edited by Wee Mikey

John Findlay

I see Vente scored today.....................for Kilmarnock.

Mikey1874
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Great header from the cross by Armstrong 

3 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

tippinn-point.gif.936a787941ebfeedcb4d11d4cc63da7f.gif

:lol:

An underrated and underused smiley on here.

Mikey1874

Did look like a foul on Vente for the OG. But never a red card so maybe evened up.

Quality result for the Jambos.

Arthur Morgan
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rocky stays for another week as DR Congo reach the quarter finals. 

Damn it! 

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Damn it! 

Pray to god he doesn't pick up an injury!

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Pray to god he doesn't pick up an injury!

He will have picked up a ton of splinters 

Dallas Green

Their nickname for Boyle honestly makes me feel sick whenever I see it written down. 

"Boyler" :rat:

cameron79

Their nicknames in general are horrendous. Boyler, Nissy, Porto, Skag-heid. Whenever I see them I usually wince too.

1 minute ago, cameron79 said:

Their nicknames in general are horrendous. Boyler, Nissy, Porto, Skag-heid. Whenever I see them I usually wince too.

Hard to imagine having to regard diving cheats like Martin Boyle and useless fuds like Lewis Stevenson as your heroes :rofl:

Most of their most recent "icons" are jail-worthy neds. Absolute scumbag club who idolise scumbags and losers.

Only Hibs would have stand out players called 'Nish' and 'Fish'

17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rocky stays for another week as DR Congo reach the quarter finals. 

stuck on the bench wearing the number 15 jersey 😂

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, cameron79 said:

Rat boy?

There's a thread on .net right now titled "Enjoy him while he is here"....... about Will Fish. Surely a wind up?

On 27/01/2024 at 20:19, John Findlay said:

Probably where he'll end up after Hibs tbf

Mikey1874

Hibs and Aberdeen fans on social media just now are giving great entertainment.

Just seen Hibs fans celebrating apparently signing Beck from Liverpool. Missing the slight problem that he can't.