Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AC Mallin_51

Their tendencies to celebrate draws against us makes more sense after seeing this. 62 games 😂😂😂 they’d need to win every league derby for the next 16 years 

gordon simpson

you got to laugh at wee teamers who go on about hibs being Edinburgh's  team, 

they talk more waffle than Wee Lee and that itself is something special   

Fantastic.

It's high time our dominance received the attention it deserves. 

Never give Hibs a day off from their torture, Hearts. 

Geddyalexneil
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Come on Hearts we have teams to overtake Derby wise. The next nearest is 18 more. We could catch up in a few seasons if we put our minds to it!

I very rarely click on a DR link but anything that highlights who own Edinburgh football wise has to be looked at!

Arthur Morgan

I think the Dundee derby has a bigger win margin than ours? That's not on the list.

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Their tendencies to celebrate draws against us makes more sense after seeing this. 62 games 😂😂😂 they’d need to win every league derby for the next 16 years 

Hold on, this assumes theyre top 6. Recalc please

1 hour ago, gordon simpson said:

you got to laugh at wee teamers who go on about hibs being Edinburgh's  team, 

they talk more waffle than Wee Lee and that itself is something special   

Little snippets you get which make you think its embedded too.

The interview with Rowles and Miller before the last derby, Miller said casually when talking about Scottish football how Rangers and Celtic are out in front but how he was told its then neck and neck between Hibs and Hearts. I mean!!! Who tells them this??? Its easy to check!

But its how we're treated. The media have it as an even contest too, every derby they do all they can to bum up hibs record. The bbc preview of the last derby had hibs trying to maintain their excellent derby record or words to that effect. Every time they get a win, its them having levelled the field!!!

Meanwhile, there's a thread on dotnut celebrating Mickey "2 derby wins in 26" Weir.

Tbf, he played a fulsome part in one of the most one-sided derbies in the World.

Edited by martoon

48 minutes ago, martoon said:

Meanwhile, there's a thread on dotnut celebrating Mickey "2 derby wins in 26" Weir.

Tbf, he played a fulsome part in one of the most one-sided derbies in the World.

3rd most 1 sided derby in world 🌎 football IMG_20240117_174713.thumb.jpg.75e17784694ecd968789ab69ab6bb5eb.jpg

AC Mallin_51
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Hold on, this assumes theyre top 6. Recalc please

😂😂

34 minutes ago, Marvin said:

3rd most 1 sided derby in world 🌎 football IMG_20240117_174713.thumb.jpg.75e17784694ecd968789ab69ab6bb5eb.jpg

4th according to that list.

I await the thread on partyplanners.net with their new found achievement. 

43 minutes ago, tian447 said:

4th according to that list.

I await the thread on partyplanners.net with their new found achievement. 

Yep it is, bad eyes 👀 🤭 still not bad 😁

gorgie rd eh11
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

The interview with Rowles and Miller before the last derby, Miller said casually when talking about Scottish football how Rangers and Celtic are out in front but how he was told its then neck and neck between Hibs and Hearts. I mean!!! Who tells them this??? Its easy to check!

But its how we're treated. The media have it as an even contest too, every derby they do all they can to bum up hibs record. The bbc preview of the last derby had hibs trying to maintain their excellent derby record or words to that effect. Every time they get a win, its them having levelled the field!!!

Yeah 7 Hearts wins 5 draws and 1 hibs win in the last 13.

It’s neck and neck.

4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It’s neck and neck.

They celebrate draws mind.

Maple Leaf

Is there anything more sad than losers who think that they're winners?

It's the Hibs way.

11 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

We really should be giving them a goal or two start. 

:fth:

A H1b5icap...:thumbsup:

I remember explaining 22 in a row to my old boss’s son. 

Him: Hibs are better than Hearts. 
Me:Lol. 
Him: ????

Me: when I was your age, we went the equivalent of your entire life unbeaten against you lot. 
Him: Nah, that’s not true. It can’t be true. It’s not true, is it dad? Dad? Why does your face look like that dad? Dad?

25 minutes ago, CMc said:

Me: when I was your age, we went the equivalent of your entire life unbeaten against you lot. 
Him: Nah, that’s not true. It can’t be true. It’s not true, is it dad? Dad? Why does your face look like that dad? Dad?

Fresh pain .

Hope you enjoyed it.

😆

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It’s neck and neck.

Yes but if you count the draws as wins (like they do) then it’s 7-6 in our favour so, it’s nearly a level playing field no 🤷‍♂️

pettigrewsstylist
44 minutes ago, CMc said:

There is nothing more rewarding than teaching youngsters. 

iantjambo
16 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Probably the same type of people that sit and work out what the league table would look like if we didn’t have Shanks.

iantjambo
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Yes but if you count the draws as wins (like they do) then it’s 7-6 in our favour so, it’s nearly a level playing field no 🤷‍♂️

And don’t forget the ones where they win the singing.

It’s absolutely fantastic that there’s a Bolivian team on that list called “the strongest” by the way :rofl:

31 minutes ago, Ked said:

Fresh pain .

Hope you enjoyed it.

😆

TBF, I went on to say that it wasn’t too late for him, that he could still turn his back on his family and their allegiance to the Lochend Failure Cult, and could probably adapt to being a successful, productive, well adapted member of society as a right-thinking Jambo by the time he got to P3. 

It was the look on his dads face though. Past, present and future trauma all playing out as he contemplated his own past and the future he had inflicted on his son, all tied up in one miserable moment of the present. Hibs failure transcending space and time. 

He was too glum to even consider sacking me for being a wide wee 💩. 🤣🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

When i was on the train going to the last semi I was looking at social media on my phone and there were lots of Hibs fans saying they had 'taken over' Glasgow city centre with photos of small numbers of them outside pubs. Got out the George Square exit at Queens Street and all you could hear was Hearts fans singing. They were heavily outnumbered in Glasgow city centre despite them pretending otherwise online.

iantjambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When i was on the train going to the last semi I was looking at social media on my phone and there were lots of Hibs fans saying they had 'taken over' Glasgow city centre with photos of small numbers of them outside pubs. Got out the George Square exit at Queens Street and all you could hear was Hearts fans singing. They were heavily outnumbered in Glasgow city centre despite them pretending otherwise online.

They are a strange little bunch aren’t they? :lol:

1971fozzy
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

they are broken every time they play us, and especially at Hampden. They were maybe in Glasgow city centre dressed as seats ?  
Something they do in their thousands every game at Easter Road and Hampden when they get there

Edited by 1971fozzy

highlandjambo3
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

they are broken every time they play us, and especially at Hampden. They were maybe in Glasgow city centre dressed as seats ?  
Something they do in their thousands every game at Easter Road and Hampdenwhen they get there

I heard that google maps crashed when the huge volume of people that had never visited hampden before sought directions.

Edited by highlandjambo3

18 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

More on this

Not sure why they have missed out the Tyne/Weir derby which is the closest at 54-53 to Newcastle?

AC Mallin_51

Thing is it’s not just the 62 extra wins it’s the amount of hidings or games of significant importance that we’ve won. They’ve the 6-2 and the millennium derby. Being born in the 90s I can’t think of any other time they’ve gave us a pasting. Whereas for us there’s been 5-1 in the league 4-0 in the league, 4-1 in the league, two 3-0s just last season. Then there’s the 4 derby wins at Hampden, something they’ve never been able to achieve. One whilst being a division below and had much less preparation for, a 4-0 semi final win and of course who could forget, a 5-1 cup final win in the first all Edinburgh final for 116 years (which they try to convince themselves doesn’t matter anymore) 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Marvin said:

Be nice to get a % on that rather than a number.

Wee Mikey
57 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Until the millennium it was never a level playing field at Albion Place Stadium.

Even with a 6' 3" slope end-to-end, surely an advantage for the home team used to playing on it - as per Livi & Killie with their plastic abominations - Hearts prevailed handsomely.

A bigger pitch than Tynie to boot, which clearly suits their expansive, silky, Brazillian-esque, not to mention 'flair football' ... a bit like how Hampden is equally suitable for them v Hearts.

Oh, wait!!! Their record v us at Hampden surely MUST be a world #1 for derby rival encounters in 🏆 competitions.

Over to the dedicated stats guys for confirmation of that.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12191625.time-up-for-slope-graced-by-the-best-with-easter-road-pitch-due-to-be-levelled-lawrie-reilly-recalls-when-hibs-loved-playing-down-the-hill/

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, CMc said:

That's genuinely funny.

The only thing I can think of to top that would be if this poor fella is your old boss:-

Screenshot_20240118_083020_Google.jpg

I reckon the Sheffield and Edinburgh derby are comparable in that there are two similarly sized clubs from the same city.

The difference, however, is that the Sheffield derby has the stats that should be expected of such as an evenly balanced rivalry:

46 United wins

42 Wednesday wins

43 draws

The Edinburgh derby doesn’t: 

149 Hearts wins

87   Hibernian wins

101  draws

The fact that our stats are up there with unbalanced rivalries like Barca vs. Espanol, is astonishing.

And feckin brilliant.

Little wonder the Hibby must fall back on hotels, windaes and a freak result from half a century ago for his derby bragging rights.

Long may it continue.

Edited by martoon

Really get annoyed by these stats.  Not that they are wrong as of course they are factual.  My issue is that it undersells our dominance.  The overall head to head (East of Scotland, Festival Cup etc) is even more one sided.  I believe it is 84 in total now in all head to head battles.

gordon simpson
8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

they win the most seats over us 

9 hours ago, CMc said:

TBF, I went on to say that it wasn’t too late for him, that he could still turn his back on his family and their allegiance to the Lochend Failure Cult, and could probably adapt to being a successful, productive, well adapted member of society as a right-thinking Jambo by the time he got to P3. 

It was the look on his dads face though. Past, present and future trauma all playing out as he contemplated his own past and the future he had inflicted on his son, all tied up in one miserable moment of the present. Hibs failure transcending space and time. 

He was too glum to even consider sacking me for being a wide wee 💩. 🤣🤣🤣

So definately enjoyed you cad

😄

cookieboy
10 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Probably the same type of people that sit and work out what the league table would look like if we didn’t have Shanks.

surely they don't 🤣

N Lincs Jambo
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Really get annoyed by these stats.  Not that they are wrong as of course they are factual.  My issue is that it undersells our dominance.  The overall head to head (East of Scotland, Festival Cup etc) is even more one sided.  I believe it is 84 in total now in all head to head battles.

For all the anoraks out there:

I know that we love to ram our derby superiority up the vermin at every chance but I wondered how we compared in terms of our relative league position over the years so did a bit of research.

I did this by decade using London Hearts as my source and found that since league football began in season 1890-91, Hearts have finished ahead of Hibs in 7 decades, Hibs have finished ahead in 4 decades and we have equal amount of finishing ahead twice. Hearts are also ahead this current decade. To make things simple I have used my starting point for each decade as a season starting in 9 and ending in 0, so for example the 60s started with our Championship title in 59-60.

Also I have not counted any season where we have not been in the same division. Additionally the 2010s, where we finished behind by 5 seasons to 3, were skewed by our relegation season in 2013-14. In that season we technically finished 12 points behind Hibs but only through being deducted 15 points so we were in reality three points above them making that decade another draw on 4 each.

Again working in Hibs favour I have included the 1940s wartime league standings where teams could feature guest players. People like Matt Busby played quite a few times for them. However even in the decade of Hibs greatest success, the 1950s when they won back to back titles in 51 and 52, we finished ahead 6 seasons out of the 10. More surprising for me though was that we finshed ahead 7 seasons in the 1960s (not going to dwell on the 70s!)

In total we have finished ahead of Hibs in 67 seasons (68 if going by actual points won in 2013-14) to their 51. Unless I can live into my late 70s, early 80s the chances of them being ahead by the time I pop my clogs are pretty much zero!

In conclusion, KEEP ON FTH!

33 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

For all the anoraks out there:

I know that we love to ram our derby superiority up the vermin at every chance but I wondered how we compared in terms of our relative league position over the years so did a bit of research.

I did this by decade using London Hearts as my source and found that since league football began in season 1890-91, Hearts have finished ahead of Hibs in 7 decades, Hibs have finished ahead in 4 decades and we have equal amount of finishing ahead twice. Hearts are also ahead this current decade. To make things simple I have used my starting point for each decade as a season starting in 9 and ending in 0, so for example the 60s started with our Championship title in 59-60.

Also I have not counted any season where we have not been in the same division. Additionally the 2010s, where we finished behind by 5 seasons to 3, were skewed by our relegation season in 2013-14. In that season we technically finished 12 points behind Hibs but only through being deducted 15 points so we were in reality three points above them making that decade another draw on 4 each.

Again working in Hibs favour I have included the 1940s wartime league standings where teams could feature guest players. People like Matt Busby played quite a few times for them. However even in the decade of Hibs greatest success, the 1950s when they won back to back titles in 51 and 52, we finished ahead 6 seasons out of the 10. More surprising for me though was that we finshed ahead 7 seasons in the 1960s (not going to dwell on the 70s!)

In total we have finished ahead of Hibs in 67 seasons (68 if going by actual points won in 2013-14) to their 51. Unless I can live into my late 70s, early 80s the chances of them being ahead by the time I pop my clogs are pretty much zero!

In conclusion, KEEP ON FTH!

Good read 👍

N Lincs Jambo
17 minutes ago, One five said:

Good read 👍

Thanks 🙏 👍