To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel

"Also I have not counted any season where we have not been in the same division."

Enjoyed his but why not include different divisions. It just means one team is well above the other. 

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cookieboy
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

For all the anoraks out there:

I know that we love to ram our derby superiority up the vermin at every chance but I wondered how we compared in terms of our relative league position over the years so did a bit of research.

I did this by decade using London Hearts as my source and found that since league football began in season 1890-91, Hearts have finished ahead of Hibs in 7 decades, Hibs have finished ahead in 4 decades and we have equal amount of finishing ahead twice. Hearts are also ahead this current decade. To make things simple I have used my starting point for each decade as a season starting in 9 and ending in 0, so for example the 60s started with our Championship title in 59-60.

Also I have not counted any season where we have not been in the same division. Additionally the 2010s, where we finished behind by 5 seasons to 3, were skewed by our relegation season in 2013-14. In that season we technically finished 12 points behind Hibs but only through being deducted 15 points so we were in reality three points above them making that decade another draw on 4 each.

Again working in Hibs favour I have included the 1940s wartime league standings where teams could feature guest players. People like Matt Busby played quite a few times for them. However even in the decade of Hibs greatest success, the 1950s when they won back to back titles in 51 and 52, we finished ahead 6 seasons out of the 10. More surprising for me though was that we finshed ahead 7 seasons in the 1960s (not going to dwell on the 70s!)

In total we have finished ahead of Hibs in 67 seasons (68 if going by actual points won in 2013-14) to their 51. Unless I can live into my late 70s, early 80s the chances of them being ahead by the time I pop my clogs are pretty much zero!

In conclusion, KEEP ON FTH!

:greatpost::leveinnaturalorder:

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I know that we love to ram our derby superiority up the vermin at every chance but I wondered how we compared in terms of our relative league position over the years so did a bit of research.

I did this by decade using London Hearts as my source and found that since league football began in season 1890-91, Hearts have finished ahead of Hibs in 7 decades, Hibs have finished ahead in 4 decades and we have equal amount of finishing ahead twice. Hearts are also ahead this current decade. To make things simple I have used my starting point for each decade as a season starting in 9 and ending in 0, so for example the 60s started with our Championship title in 59-60.

Also I have not counted any season where we have not been in the same division. Additionally the 2010s, where we finished behind by 5 seasons to 3, were skewed by our relegation season in 2013-14. In that season we technically finished 12 points behind Hibs but only through being deducted 15 points so we were in reality three points above them making that decade another draw on 4 each.

Again working in Hibs favour I have included the 1940s wartime league standings where teams could feature guest players. People like Matt Busby played quite a few times for them. However even in the decade of Hibs greatest success, the 1950s when they won back to back titles in 51 and 52, we finished ahead 6 seasons out of the 10. More surprising for me though was that we finshed ahead 7 seasons in the 1960s (not going to dwell on the 70s!)

In total we have finished ahead of Hibs in 67 seasons (68 if going by actual points won in 2013-14) to their 51. Unless I can live into my late 70s, early 80s the chances of them being ahead by the time I pop my clogs are pretty much zero!

lovely.

N Lincs Jambo
32 minutes ago, Rudi the Cocker Spaniel said:

"Also I have not counted any season where we have not been in the same division."

Enjoyed his but why not include different divisions. It just means one team is well above the other. 

I did think about it but decided to keep it simple with us playing each other and the same teams in the league.

11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

That's genuinely funny.

The only thing I can think of to top that would be if this poor fella is your old boss:-

Screenshot_20240118_083020_Google.jpg

Nah, that’s not him.  I think he was more the getting home sharp type than the staying to the bitter end type. 

Percival King
3 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Well done, great post. But they have a bigger stadium which apparently trumps everything you've said.

That's us a little closer to Real Madrid thanks to Atleti's Copa del Rey win tonight.

Now a 79 win gap to our 62.

Reel them in Hearts. 😀 

On 18/01/2024 at 23:34, martoon said:

That's us a little closer to Real Madrid thanks to Atleti's Copa del Rey win tonight.

Now a 79 win gap to our 62.

Reel them in Hearts. 😀 

Hoping to live at least another 10 years, much to the annoyance of my mrs, that’s a potential 30-40 games. Let’s do it.

1 hour ago, sac said:

Hoping to live at least another 10 years, much to the annoyance of my mrs, that’s a potential 30-40 games. Let’s do it.

:yas:

indianajones
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Wait what- we’ve benefitted from VAR 🤣🤣🤣

Unreal eh? 

Took us half a season to get a penalty. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
9 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

The seethe is beautiful 😈

Screenshot_20240123-220857.png

If they were in third place then Scottish football would be a great tough league.

Losers 🤢🤮

Jamstomorrow
59 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Feel free to get it right up ye, ya bunch o' fuds!

Australis

3rd is looking better and better.

The not so Dandy Don's, miles behind and the wee team filth so easy with their same formation for everyone to suss out, before the game has started.

Shooter McGavin

14 points ahead of them with our brand of big physical s***house clogger hoofball…

:sweeet::clyay::pleasing::vrwow::Shanks::pleasingao:

Class of 75

There's delusion and then there is Hibs delusion. Absolutely off the scale. Hope they get relegated 

Jambo in Bathgate

Montgomery could send sheep to sleep. Long may he be their manager. 

Daveandal
10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That's incest, surely.

Why... why did I watch that.

iantjambo
11 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

One guy on .net seemed to be almost pining for Wee Lee :rofl:

Jambo in Bathgate
49 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

One guy on .net seemed to be almost pining for Wee Lee :rofl:

😂😂😂

On 23/01/2024 at 22:21, kingantti1874 said:

Wait what- we’ve benefitted from VAR 🤣🤣🤣

Just what I was thinking 🤣🤣 

Probably the team most shafted this season by VAR! 

Mikey1874

Quite a lot of views by Hibs fans on the issues.  If only Monty would listen.

- the 2 in Central midfield Levitt and Newell basically not doing anything and being outnumbered and out run

- Youan and Vente play too deep

- too open defensively 

- don't get the ball to the forwards somehow 

- new players look like they haven't played in months

- players not good enough to play the system

Section Q
3 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

But he has improved his players and given the club an identity..........apparently...!

On 23/01/2024 at 22:18, hmfc1984 said:

Mango man obvs not been paying attention. VAR has worked against us more than for us, this season. They just love to make shit up don't they?!

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Quite a lot of views by Hibs fans on the issues.  If only Monty would listen.

- the 2 in Central midfield Levitt and Newell basically not doing anything and being outnumbered and out run

- Youan and Vente play too deep

- too open defensively 

- don't get the ball to the forwards somehow 

- new players look like they haven't played in months

- players not good enough to play the system

All 3 literally haven't 😄

They need bodies ready to hit the ground running, in defensive areas. What do they do? Sign 3 attacking players with about 5 games between them this season. 

It's amazing how that whenever Hearts are third or win a derby or, in any way, do well, the dotnut mantra is always the same:

"Scottish fitba's shite, ken"?

Everytime.

It's Hibs that are shite. With rare exception, they have ranged between shite and mediocre since the latter part of the 70's. 

Shite, mediocrity and rarely winning derbies is their lot.

Little wonder they hate reality over there.

37 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Mango man obvs not been paying attention. VAR has worked against us more than for us, this season. They just love to make shit up don't they?!

It's what that bitter shower have done for decades to make themselves feel better.

Their history book bares no actual resemblance to reality and facts and begins with "once upon a time."

Bitter deluded and broken arseholes to a man.

8 minutes ago, suds66 said:

It's what that bitter shower have done for decades to make themselves feel better.

Their history book bares no actual resemblance to reality and facts and begins with "once upon a time."

Bitter deluded and broken arseholes to a man.

That's exactly how each of Alan Lugton's trilogy should start.

The Brothers Grimm had nothing on him.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

But he has improved his players and given the club an identity..........apparently...!

Yep and he’s signed class players! They must have 5 teams worth by now. 😂