To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

cosanostra
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

A great strategy, expand the stadium to create even more empty seats.

Back in the day when I still had to work for a living, a Hibee colleague of mine would always go on about them having a few hundred bigger capacity than us, like that made them a bigger team.  I'd point out 2 things, Killie have a bigger capacity than both of us, that doesn't make them a bigger team, and our average attendance exceeds Hibs.

Not convinced that Killie have a higher capacity than us or the tramps. Where did you get that from?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Killie have a bigger capacity than both of us

They don't.

DG_HMFC
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Not convinced that Killie have a higher capacity than us or the tramps. Where did you get that from?

According to Wiki, their capacity is just over 18k.

Tynecastle has 19,852 seats.

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

According to Wiki, their capacity is just over 18k.

Tynecastle has 19,852 seats.

Pretty sure their capacity is lower than that now; they lost quite a bit of the end stand when they put offices in.

Just googled it; now just over 15000

Edited by XB52

12 hours ago, RobNox said:

A great strategy, expand the stadium to create even more empty seats.

Back in the day when I still had to work for a living, a Hibee colleague of mine would always go on about them having a few hundred bigger capacity than us, like that made them a bigger team.  I'd point out 2 things, Killie have a bigger capacity than both of us, that doesn't make them a bigger team, and our average attendance exceeds Hibs.

Hibs have always had a bigger capacity than us. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. They don't have much to shout about after all.

Turkishcap

Depending on results they may need just one stand for remaining games.

martoon
35 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Hibs have always had a bigger capacity than us. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. They don't have much to shout about after all.

Aye.

File it along with all the other hollow boasts like the view of Arthur's Seat ER used to have, swashbuckling fitba', discovering Brazil...

Edited by martoon

wentworth jambo
42 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Depending on results they may need just one filled in corner for remaining games.

FTFY

Percival King
19 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye.

File it along with all the other hollow boasts like the view of Arthur's Seat ER used to have, swashbuckling fitba', discovering Brazil...

It's kind of nice that Hibs have difficulty accepting their place, I like it, it makes being a Jambo that bit more enjoyable and fun. Imagine if they just accepted their place in our relationship based on the commonly acknowledged ways of judging success e g. trophies, league placings, head to head record. Of course, that will change next season now that their multi million pound investment has them on the cusp of being the Scottish Man.City.

Turkishcap

One off them discussing Bair from Well, thought they didn't  need bottom six players.

3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

One off them discussing Bair from Well, thought they didn't  need bottom six players.

With any luck, after Saturday, they'll have a whole squad of bottom six players.

Edited by Boof

Arthur Morgan
30 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

I would take Bair if we lose Shankland. Tbh I would take him even if we keep Shankland. He would a good foil to him, a bit like Simms in terms of physicality. 

On 10/04/2024 at 15:51, Gav M said:

there's another thread about a foley interview on skysports, talking about Bournemouth and building up infrastructure etc. some of them belive this will be what they are in for and are talking about having to expand the ground because they feel they are at the % mark where growth is possible if there is more space! talk of filling the corners and/or adding upper sections to existing stands!

Whilst I could take the piss and suggest you could fit about half a stand into the windy gaps between their mismatched stands, there's a reason their stands aren't symmetrical. They have limited space they can build into - hence why two stands taper at one corner to protect zoning and building restrictions. 

Obviously, they are not remotely threatening their capacity but they probably can't increase the stadium size as easily as they seem to think, even if it is just conjecture or wishful thinking.

I do like that the hibs fans are expecting annual cash injections from Foley, the same Foley  who said this of his/BK's investment in Hibs: " This is going to be fun. It's not a big investment for us. It's going to be a fun investment.”

The £6 mill for shares was earmarked for "player development & infrastructure". It's intended as a one-off, they are going to be very disappointed if they expect bumper transfer pots. The best  they can hope for is that they get some Bournemouth players capable of getting them out of the bottom six :P 

49 minutes ago, Boof said:

With any luck, after Saturday, they'll have a whole squad of bottom six players.

:biggrin:

db211833
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I would take Bair if we lose Shankland. Tbh I would take him even if we keep Shankland. He would a good foil to him, a bit like Simms in terms of physicality. 

Maybe but he has a bit of a Connor Salmon feel about him. One season is all he has. 1 in 34 for StJ and 3 in 37 for Vancouver. Certainly wouldn't spend much on him.

Arthur Morgan
6 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Maybe but he has a bit of a Connor Salmon feel about him. One season is all he has. 1 in 34 for StJ and 3 in 37 for Vancouver. Certainly wouldn't spend much on him.

He's only 24 though, still fairly young for a striker. Connor Salmon was 29 when he joined us. 

db211833
10 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

He's only 24 though, still fairly young for a striker. Connor Salmon was 29 when he joined us. 

Not sure that's important.  Good strikers score when they are 21, 22, 23. He would be a mistake. 

Daveandal
12 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Not sure that's important.  Good strikers score when they are 21, 22, 23. He would be a mistake. 

The problem is its a gamble... that could backfire spectacularly BUT if he has another season like he is having me might be out our price range. 

For what's it worth its a no from me but be losing sleep over it. Better than Brophy at this moment in time.

db211833
12 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

The problem is its a gamble... that could backfire spectacularly BUT if he has another season like he is having me might be out our price range. 

For what's it worth its a no from me but be losing sleep over it. Better than Brophy at this moment in time.

Agreed, I wouldn't complain if we did sign him and I would support  him. Certainly wouldn't spend much on it though. 

And if we did sign him I'd love to come back here and eat a pile of humble pie if he did well.

Edited by db211833

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Depending on results they may need just one stand for remaining games.

….yeah for the visitors. 
“just sit where you want”

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

He won’t be a bottom 6 player come Saturday night. 😜

He’d be the one taking a step backwards joining that bunch of losers.

They are pretty erratic much like their new hero Foley.

They are building up another myth/comfort blanket quite quickly.

The blanket is they will have access to premier league players due to being part of the BK group.

Nobody has the heart to break it to them that every club in Scotland can loan players from premier league teams. Just everyone else has a pick they are now fastened to Bournemouth. 

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, db211833 said:

You don’t know that he would 100% be a mistake. Look at Simms this season for example, wasn't scoring at all for Coventry then all of a sudden he's banging them in. 

The “ battle for the top six “ . Basically three guinea pigs fighting over a mouldy piece of carrot

The Natural Order though I suppose

11 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

You don’t know that he would 100% be a mistake. Look at Simms this season for example, wasn't scoring at all for Coventry then all of a sudden he's banging them in. 

I agree with you here . He would absolutely be a risk but then what player is not 

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The “ battle for the top six “ . Basically three guinea pigs fighting over a mouldy piece of carrot

The Natural Order though I suppose

😂

buzzbomb1958
2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

And he was Lillian Gish

whodanny

Talking about natural order, our women have beaten the hobbits 2-0 tonight. They played with 10 women from the 20th minute just to give the hobos a chance  too.

Arthur Morgan
41 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

And he was Lillian Gish

Absolutely 😂

db211833
5 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Simms has a 1 in 3 record in senior football at all clubs. Bair had a 1 in 30 record outside of this season.  Apples and pears I'm afraid. 

5 hours ago, whodanny said:

Talking about natural order, our women have beaten the hobbits 2-0 tonight. They played with 10 women from the 20th minute just to give the hobos a chance  too.

Natural Order clearly is not exclusive to the men's team

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, db211833 said:

Simms has a 1 in 3 record in senior football at all clubs. Bair had a 1 in 30 record outside of this season.  Apples and pears I'm afraid. 

You can't just write him off because of a slow start to his career. You are speaking as if you are absolutely certain he's not good enough 😂

DG_HMFC
9 hours ago, Rods said:

They are pretty erratic much like their new hero Foley.

They are building up another myth/comfort blanket quite quickly.

The blanket is they will have access to premier league players due to being part of the BK group.

Nobody has the heart to break it to them that every club in Scotland can loan players from premier league teams. Just everyone else has a pick they are now fastened to Bournemouth. 

I'm sure we signed Alex Cochrane when they had some sort of link with Brighton? Won't make any difference whatsoever.

Fact is, they are a bottom 6 club who just lost at home to St Johnstone :lol: 

Those world class players they've acquired are something else.

3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'm sure we signed Alex Cochrane when they had some sort of link with Brighton? Won't make any difference whatsoever.

Fact is, they are a bottom 6 club who just lost at home to St Johnstone :lol: 

Those world class players they've acquired are something else.

I don’t think there are getting it’s a hindrance not a help. 

We have had loanees from Bournemouth (Hill) we have also had loans from Brighton , Everton, Liverpool, Man City, Man United and Wolves.

It’s better to have options in my book. 

hereford_hearts
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240413_102715.jpg

Does that figure include the thousand of tickets handed out to schools, not used, but still counted as attendance? 

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

Does that figure include the thousand of tickets handed out to schools, not used, but still counted as attendance? 

It does.

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

And he was Lillian Gish

My auld grandad used to say “ I’m away for a Lillian Gish”.  😂😂 i didn’t have a clue who she was but I do now . A ground breaking actress 

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

My auld grandad used to say “ I’m away for a Lillian Gish”.  😂😂 i didn’t have a clue who she was but I do now . A ground breaking actress 

Yip I got that from my auld man the first time he said it was at a Midweek cup game against Ayr Utd away from home he told me not to move cos he was away for a Lillian Gish ( not that I could move as we were penned in like cattle )🤣🤣We won the game after extra time 2-1 with the winner being scored by my favourite player at the time Donald Ford I believe 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yip I got that from my auld man the first time he said it was at a Midweek cup game against Ayr Utd away from home he told me not to move cos he was away for a Lillian Gish ( not that I could move as we were penned in like cattle )🤣🤣We won the game after extra time 2-1 with the winner being scored by my favourite player at the time Donald Ford I believe 

Lovely story to share 👍

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240413_102715.jpg

Is the Hibs attendance empty seats or bums on seats

buzzbomb1958
26 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Is the Hibs attendance empty seats or bums on seats

That’s how many needles were found under the seats after the game😀

redjambo
14 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

That’s how many needles were found under the seats after the game😀

I'm stunned by that. I assumed that most of them shared needles.

been here before

Ahhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

94 minutes :lol: Nick must stay.

Hibsed it again.

Hahahahahahahahah

We can draw the fixtures now :rofl:

:Robbie:

scott herbertson

That's just so funny

Wasn't going to have a drink tonight, but a bottle of Guiness west Indies porter beckons