• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• redjambo

• FWJ

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do so many cyclist persist in cycling up hills at about 2mph, when they'd be quicker getting off and pushing the bike?

• 1 month later...
Samuel Camazzola

With many businesses that were established by someone called William, their name is often represented within the legal name as Wm. 'Wm Low', is an example from a previous generation. 

Are there any other names that were/are given this treatment?

16 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

With many businesses that were established by someone called William, their name is often represented within the legal name as Wm. 'Wm Low', is an example from a previous generation. 

Yes. Jas. for James as an example. 

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yes. Jas. for James as an example. 

👍 

This seems to be a feature of a previous era. Do you know if it was adopted due to character restrictions/limitations? 

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

👍

This seems to be a feature of a previous era. Do you know if it was adopted due to character restrictions/limitations? 

Wouldn’t be limitations as such, more that it would just be cheaper when employing the services of a signwriter

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Why's it only shavers that come with the two pin plug?

Pain in the backside when travelling to remember to pack another adapter.

Safety, you aren’t allowed 3pin sockets to be installed in bathrooms (which would allow you to plug anything into the bathroom socket) the 2 pin sockets are only useable for thing like shavers and electric toothbrushes  

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Why is it a Stag do and a hen do?

Why not a Stag do and Doe do?

Or a Rooster do and hen do?

It's a Stag and Doe in Canada.

been here before
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Geo. 

For Dode.

And Chas.

For Charles of course.

Edited by been here before

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Wouldn’t be limitations as such, more that it would just be cheaper when employing the services of a signwriter

👍 

Why is it when you go up to a bar your natural instinct is to want to out your foot up on the footrail (is that a real word) that goes round the base of the bar and if one is absent it's bloody annoying!?

56 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Why is it when you go up to a bar your natural instinct is to want to out your foot up on the footrail (is that a real word) that goes round the base of the bar and if one is absent it's bloody annoying!?

It's because it's 'manly', like the irresistible urge to use a poker to stir an open fire. (Note, using a poker on an electric fire is not however 'manly'. It's 'stupid')

I P Knightley
On 28/12/2022 at 22:11, Ribble said:

Safety, you aren’t allowed 3pin sockets to be installed in bathrooms (which would allow you to plug anything into the bathroom socket) the 2 pin sockets are only useable for thing like shavers and electric toothbrushes  

If 3 pin sockets are dangerous, why isn't everything in the house 2-pin?

Sorry for the wheedling; I know I could Google it but that would be against the spirit of the thread. As with my next question. 

I P Knightley

Who is this Andrew Tate chap?

Until a couple of weeks ago, I'd never heard of him. Then i found out that Piers Moron has been having fantasies about him only just before Twitter went haywire for him trolling Thunberg and all of a sudden he's arrested for noncing. 

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I like getting my whisky slid along the bar and gobbing into the spittoon. Best bit is when a brawl breaks out and I twat someone over the back with a chair before being sent backwards through the saloon doors. 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Does Jonno The Jambo still post on here? I've missed his musings. 

no, iirc he had enough of this place and had his account closed

Dick Dastardly
28 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Who is this Andrew Tate chap?

Until a couple of weeks ago, I'd never heard of him. Then i found out that Piers Moron has been having fantasies about him only just before Twitter went haywire for him trolling Thunberg and all of a sudden he's arrested for noncing. 

The first i saw or heard about him was when he got arrested. I've only ever seen the video with the pizza boxes and I've made up my mind he is guily of everything everyone says about him. That dressing gown is a disgrace to humanity. Burn the nonce. 

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Sorry for the wheedling; I know I could Google it but that would be against the spirit of the thread. As with my next question. 

I think it’s to differentiate between voltages. The 2 pin plugs are 110v while the standard 3 pin plugs are 240v.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

no, iirc he had enough of this place and had his account closed

Shame. His posts often brought a chuckle. On Twitter, he had Tam McManus on strings until he was blocked! 😂 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, been here before said:

'Terms and Conditions'

Is there a difference between a term and a condition?

A term is the amount of time you serve in prison, and the condition describes the state of your arsehole upon your release.

4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I assumed it was the "you could plug anything into a 3 pin socket" and because its a bathroom with loads of running water/moisture/people in baths they don't want folk plugging in devices that aren't typically required in a bathroom.

• 3 weeks later...

How come, whether I'm wearing an old or a new t shirt, how come I always have the same amount of fluff in my belly button?

Surely with an older top, there should be less fluff as the material is worn.

I honestly feel I could make a vegan friendly king size quilt every week.

henrysmithsgloves
13 minutes ago, superjack said:

How come, whether I'm wearing an old or a new t shirt, how come I always have the same amount of fluff in my belly button?

Seemingly affects hairy folk more🧐...is this you?👀😁

download.jpeg

th?id=OIP.vX6d694I3JxzpdXndnFxPwHaFg&pid=Api&P=0

Why do bath towels have these bare strips ?  What's the point ?   You buy a luxury bath towel for its soft fluffiness, not for a 3-inch wide strip of scratchy non-absorbent material .

They're also a bit dangerous when you're drying your dangly bits and you forget where the  bare strip is.

Ouch !!  😲   

30 minutes ago, superjack said:

Looks like someone's already thought of that business opportunity -

th?id=OIP.VV-PsZ-FZOBQI_SYYey61wHaEK&pid=Api&P=0

1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Seemingly affects hairy folk more🧐...is this you?👀😁

download.jpeg

Only on my belly, back and arse.

47 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I'll need to check the patent register, just in case.

58 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I remember we discovered a lad we were at school with had been doing this for some reason he couldn’t adequately explain. 

henrysmithsgloves
37 minutes ago, superjack said:

Only on my belly, back and arse.

I'll need to check the patent register, just in case.

🤣🤣👍 fluff tartan....

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

th?id=OIP.vX6d694I3JxzpdXndnFxPwHaFg&pid=Api&P=0

Why do bath towels have these bare strips ?  What's the point ?   You buy a luxury bath towel for its soft fluffiness, not for a 3-inch wide strip of scratchy non-absorbent material .

They're also a bit dangerous when you're drying your dangly bits and you forget where the  bare strip is.

Ouch !!  😲   

The bare strip is there so that you can more easily peg the towel on a washing line without sqishing the lovely fluffy bits.*

*I just made that up, but it might be true.

That thing you do
On 02/11/2022 at 12:24, Smithee said:

That's just disgusting, it'll be all dry. You don't eat cereal without water.

I eat it with yogurt and Baileys is good with cereal.

On 01/01/2023 at 12:39, I P Knightley said:

I like getting my whisky slid along the bar and gobbing into the spittoon. Best bit is when a brawl breaks out and I twat someone over the back with a chair before being sent backwards through the saloon doors. 

Drinkers like you get on my thrupnys.

I just like playing my piano, the amount pianos I went through last year was bloody ridiculous.

11 hours ago, superjack said:

Oh yuck 🤢 body navel fluff ! Boak 

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

fact of life.

I know but it’s awful to

see ! 😂 even worse if you are close up to it 😂 passion killer 

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Looks like a new strain available in an Amsterdam coffee house. " Navel Fluff" one for the navel gazers 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Why is the name of the city of Kingston-upon-Hull shortened to ‘Hull’?  We don’t call Newcastle-upon-Tyne ‘Tyne’ or Stoke-on-Trent ‘Trent’ ?

8 hours ago, FWJ said:

Why is the name of the city of Kingston-upon-Hull shortened to ‘Hull’?  We don’t call Newcastle-upon-Tyne ‘Tyne’ or Stoke-on-Trent ‘Trent’ ?

Wasn't there some official renaming of K-u-H as just Hull  a decade or more ago ?  On google maps, its just Hull. 

The "Hull" refers to the River Hull, so perhaps there was once a town called Kingston near its confluence with the Humber........ so maybe its just down to the passage of time and how people  gradually shortened it to Hull   ?

It does seem odd though.   N-u-T seems to still officially appear on maps as such, but most people just call it Newcastle - even though there's another Newcastle  (under-Lyme) in England !!

9 hours ago, FWJ said:

Hull has been traditionally anti-royalist. Founded in the late 12th century as Wyke on Hull by the monks of Meaux Abbey, it was purchased by Edward I who renamed it Kings-town upon Hull. However, during the Civil War the town declared support for Parliament and refused entry to Charles I who then besieged it.

Some slanted background: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/mar/20/hull-royal-wedding-no-street-party

oh feck, the beer is working too well, i could swear i read this exact conversation last week.

Sober captain from now, unless someone wants me to tell them the huns score next week when we skelp them three nil.

57 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

dog, his girlfriend is a cow, clarabelle cow

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The lad’s a pervert!

I'm quite surprised milky used such language about another blokes bursd, need for name calling like that.

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm quite surprised milky used such language about another blokes bursd, need for name calling like that.

she is too busy milking him for everything he has got