Things you've always wondered about but couldn't be bothered to find out

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

been here before
2 hours ago, superjack said:

How come I always need a shite as soon as I've put toilet duck in the pan?

Probably because you're cooking toilet duck.

Try putting it down the toilet instead.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• redjambo

• FWJ

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, superjack said:

How come I always need a shite as soon as I've put toilet duck in the pan?

The same reason you get an itchy eye as soon as you start a job that gives you dirty hands. 

il Duce McTarkin
On 15/09/2022 at 18:09, Greedy Jambo said:

Why do men have nipples?

Somewhere to put the crocodile clips.

12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Why did swearing become a  thing? And why is it such fun? 

1. ****ed if I know.

2. Because it's both big AND clever.

10 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Why did swearing become a  thing? And why is it such fun? 

People like to swear because it proves that they don't have a poor vocabulary.

On 16/09/2022 at 16:23, JudyJudyJudy said:

where do missing odd socks go ?

My spaniel eats them, thus generating extortionate vet bills.... So in a way, odd socks turn into vet bills. 

On 02/09/2022 at 13:09, Tazio said:

I remember my ex wife went to Beirut for New Year to visit family. Like a lot of Christian Lebanese families they had a house in the city and another in the mountains above it in the family village so they could escape the heat of the summer and the snow of the winter. They went to the house in the hills for the bells and sure enough at midnight many dafties in town dug a gun out from somewhere under the stairs that they had, just in case, and fired it in the air at midnight. Quite alarming for her as she didn’t expect it. 
I’m not sure if anyone had a bullet land on them though. 

They used to do that in Fauldhouse with shotguns.... Quite the spectacle.

Dick Dastardly
58 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

People like to swear because it proves that they don't have a poor vocabulary.

Swearing can be very creative though! 

A Boy Named Crow
On 27/10/2022 at 01:56, Mikey1874 said:

I'd like to think the crane operator is just cutting about being a dick, lifting ships out the water for no good reason, making them late for stuff!

If you were working a Saturday to Sunday 12 hour night shift when the clocks went back, would you get paid double time for the extra hour you work? Could the company say you clocked on at 22,00 and clocked off at 10.00 therefore working just 12 hours. Same applies for spring, if you were working a similar shift and clocked on at 22.00 and off again at 10.00, would the company pay 11 or 12 hours?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, JWL said:

If you were working a Saturday to Sunday 12 hour night shift when the clocks went back, would you get paid double time for the extra hour you work? Could the company say you clocked on at 22,00 and clocked off at 10.00 therefore working just 12 hours. Same applies for spring, if you were working a similar shift and clocked on at 22.00 and off again at 10.00, would the company pay 11 or 12 hours?

Not sure, but I don't get paid for working on 29th February.

19 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I'd like to think the crane operator is just cutting about being a dick, lifting ships out the water for no good reason, making them late for stuff!

Hopefully the Somalis don’t invest in one. 

Jambo_jim2001

I'd be more worried about the ship,they are designed to float,no fly😨. Wonder what damage lifting will do to the ships structure integrity 🧐😳

SectionDJambo
12 hours ago, JWL said:

You should just work your normal length of shift in both scenarios. When I worked nightshift, I didn't change the time on my watch until I left the building on the Sunday.  

Unless you've agreed to stay on for the extra hour, as paid overtime, when the clocks go back, of course.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On 02/09/2022 at 10:52, JWL said:

Another random one. When you see these nutters, usually in some Middle Eastern or African war zone, firing live rounds randomly into the air, why are more people not killed or injured when the bullets fall back down to the ground?

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

On 25/10/2022 at 20:55, Daktari said:

My spaniel eats them, thus generating extortionate vet bills.... So in a way, odd socks turn into vet bills. 

interesting but i havent got a spaniel :) 

53 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Should you wash chicken breast before cooking it?

Would you wash any other breast before using it? 😐

4 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Would you wash any other breast before using it? 😐

I don't wash them, but i'm sure some people do, same with lettuce...

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The only reason not to wash chicken is that any splashes of water could spread whatever plague the uncooked chicked contains, i believe. 

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The only reason not to wash chicken is that any splashes of water could spread whatever plague the uncooked chicked contains, i believe. 

Yeah, i always use a plate to cut chicken on, rather than have a chopping board infested with it, then usually boil the kettle and pour water over it and the knife. 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, i always use a plate to cut chicken on, rather than have a chopping board infested with it, then usually boil the kettle and pour water over it and the knife. 

You pour boiling water over the chicken? 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

You pour boiling water over the chicken? 

I'm sure chinese takeaways boil their chicken, but no. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm sure chinese takeaways boil their chicken, but no. 

they simmer their chicken in not quite boiling water

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they simmer their chicken in not quite boiling water

I've had some slimy chicken from them in the past like, to the point were you're questioning if it actually is chicken. 

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've had some slimy chicken from them in the past like, to the point were you're questioning if it actually is chicken. 

Probably rabbit. Or cat. Or maybe seagull 

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Where does water drain to in a fridge? 

Usually there is a drain pan at the bottom of the fridge. The water accumulates there then simply evaporates into the air over time.

Dick Dastardly
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Usually there is a drain pan at the bottom of the fridge. The water accumulates there then simply evaporates into the air over time.

Yeah, i know there is a drain just didn't know where it went after that! 😂 

4 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not a chance. Cooking it properly will kill any bacteria, and we're not in the USA, so our chicken isn't covered in chlorine before it's packaged. 

I honestly fail to see why anyone would do this. Would you rinse your mince as well? 

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've had some slimy chicken from them in the past like, to the point were you're questioning if it actually is chicken. 

:greggy: 

32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:greggy: 

I usually say where, but i thought i'd change it up a bit since i'm not actually sure what i'm doing. plus it gives you something to do. It's win for you and it's something to do for me. 

13 hours ago, Cade said:

Correct answer. This is usually purposefully aided by the collection tray being above the fridge motor.
Milk spillages into this are not pleasant.  

On 28/10/2022 at 22:33, JWL said:

As a 12 hour day/night shift worker for over 27 years,I've never been paid the extra hours work.

16 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I usually say where, but i thought i'd change it up a bit since i'm not actually sure what i'm doing. plus it gives you something to do. It's win for you and it's something to do for me. 

Thanks for thinking of me.  👍