Jodi Jones murder re-examined

Sten Guns

Carl Fredrickson
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Anyone else seen the rumours they’ve arrested someone else in connection with JJ murder?

Havent heard that. Would be very surprised as I doubt the police are looking for anyone else unless some substantial new evidence came into play 

Can someone be arrested for a crime when someone is already serving a sentence?

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• McGlynn The Money

• Tommy Brown

• haveyouheard1874

McGlynn The Money
51 minutes ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Says the likes of you in a matter of fact way as if you know it all,, you would be a dream ticket on a jury for the prosecution  

I have also  mentioned  in  a previous post there is certainly some doubt , for me anyway .. never ever said Luke was innocent but verdicts can and have changed in the past and will continue to do so IMO

Also ,i have posted how gutted i was for Jodi and her family as it must be a living nightmare from them, but you can continue to be the  Judge, Jury and Executioner  in that deluded way you portray add nausea on line

Certainly not saying I know it all my friend. Having served twice on juries I know that there's a lot more evidence than what gets reported in the media.

Verdicts can of course change but I don't think that's the case in this instance. I'm not sure why but his mum, a kid on criminologist, two "colourful" ex cops and a local slaver didn't put a very convincing argument forward in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Anyone else seen the rumours they’ve arrested someone else in connection with JJ murder?

Where you hearing this? 

haveyouheard1874
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Certainly not saying I know it all my friend. Having served twice on juries I know that there's a lot more evidence than what gets reported in the media.

Verdicts can of course change but I don't think that's the case in this instance. I'm not sure why but his mum, a kid on criminologist, two "colourful" ex cops and a local slaver didn't put a very convincing argument forward in my opinion.

Fair enough 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Havent heard that. Would be very surprised as I doubt the police are looking for anyone else unless some substantial new evidence came into play 

I’ve no idea tbh bud. Social media bolloks likely. 

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Could it be someone who helped the convicted killer? Maybe for the sake of argument, someone who helped the murderer destroy crucial evidence by burning it or something like that.

haveyouheard1874
4 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I would think so 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Could it be someone who helped the convicted killer? Maybe for the sake of argument, someone who helped the murderer destroy crucial evidence by burning it or something like that.

No idea bud. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

A WhatsApp group chat bud. It’s likely nonsense. 

It is very soon after those programmes but someone might've came forward with something.  I suppose WhatsApp will be like Facebook when it comes to rumours.   

haveyouheard1874
30 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Sure there is evidence that Lukes family had a wee bonny soon after the killing 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

A WhatsApp group chat bud. It’s likely nonsense. 

Imagine, IMAGINE.  I had an involvement in the trial, just the logistics of it, the wall where she was found was recreated full scale and the trial held in a huge room that isnt a court room.

The person they couldn't name was a very strange one, they were happy to name everyone else!

Edited by Armageddon

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Imagine, IMAGINE.  I had an involvement in the trial, just the logistics of it, the wall where she was found was recreated full scale and the trial held in a huge room that isnt a court room.

The person they couldn't name was a very strange one, they were happy to name everyone else!

Cryptic pal...

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve been told it’s total nonsense. It’s a guy who was referred to very loosely during the programme. However, he is now being hassled by social media  stirred up by the persuaders in the programme. I don’t know the chap in question, but it is well known amongst his peers that he has absolutely no connection to the crime.

Very sad how people can affect other people’s lives by suggestion without any due cause or decent thought.

Police Scotland statement during the programme did say the case was closed and a person convicted, he'll be out in 3 years I'm sure.  The conditions his mum was living in was something else!

haveyouheard1874
23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’ve been told it’s total nonsense. It’s a guy who was referred to very loosely during the programme. However, he is now being hassled by social media  stirred up by the persuaders in the programme. I don’t know the chap in question, but it is well known amongst his peers that he has absolutely no connection to the crime.

Very sad how people can affect other people’s lives by suggestion without any due cause or decent thought.

Correct but sadly a reality 

Remember the Wimbledon common murder... police hounded that guy  and then some 

Only when it came to light yrs later that he was  found to be  innocent  and  thankfully  exonerated  , yet  not even an apology from the OB  even after all this time  .. Basically you can be innocent but dragged away or guilty and walk 

Edited by haveyouheard1874

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The conditions his mum was living in was something else!

She's been rehoused since the programme was filmed.

haveyouheard1874
7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

She's been rehoused since the programme was filmed.

A bit sick but she looked well worth a rattle in her day 😛

41 minutes ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Correct but sadly a reality 

Remember the Wimbledon common murder... police hounded that guy  and then some 

Only when it came to light yrs later that he was  found to be  innocent  and  thankfully  exonerated  , yet  not even an apology from the OB  even after all this time  .. Basically you can be innocent but dragged away or guilty and walk 

Colin Stagg received an apology and £700k of compensation in 2008

haveyouheard1874
1 minute ago, andrewjambo said:

Colin Stagg received an apology and £700k of compensation in 2008

Yep but it took the incomitance and all in there powers to do so  but you are correct and fair enough 

Neither the prosecution nor the defence made any properly strong arguments during the trial, which is why it ended up being the longest single-defendant trial in Scottish history.

The Polis made a complete tit of the investigation from the very start.

The media whipped up all manner of hysteria and there was no way that guy was ever going to get an impartial jury in an Edinburgh court.

You have to remember that this was 2003 and anti-Goth hysteria was rife both globally an in Edinburgh itself.

Goths had been banned from Princes St gardens and Lothian Buses FFS.

The entire case was handled badly by everybody involved and although, on the balance of probability the right person was jailed, that's not a high enough standard of proof for any serious crime, nor does it provide closure to the bereaved family.

This is one of those cases where there will always be questions and doubts on both sides and the fault lies squarely at the door of the Police.

7 hours ago, Cade said:

Neither the prosecution nor the defence made any properly strong arguments during the trial, which is why it ended up being the longest single-defendant trial in Scottish history.

The Polis made a complete tit of the investigation from the very start.

The media whipped up all manner of hysteria and there was no way that guy was ever going to get an impartial jury in an Edinburgh court.

You have to remember that this was 2003 and anti-Goth hysteria was rife both globally an in Edinburgh itself.

Goths had been banned from Princes St gardens and Lothian Buses FFS.

The entire case was handled badly by everybody involved and although, on the balance of probability the right person was jailed, that's not a high enough standard of proof for any serious crime, nor does it provide closure to the bereaved family.

This is one of those cases where there will always be questions and doubts on both sides and the fault lies squarely at the door of the Police.

Or the person who killed Jodi, and helped to cover it up by his mother. 

10 hours ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

A bit sick but she looked well worth a rattle in her day 😛

Thank god I’m no the only person who thought that 😂

11 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Reading this morning that they have pulled the 2nd episode online due to it naming someone it shouldn’t have 

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Reading this morning that they have pulled the 2nd episode online due to it naming someone it shouldn’t have 

I'm watching it on My5 now.

8 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I'm watching it on My5 now.

It was from yesterday’s papers and it does say they were going to have to remove the blunder before they could show it again so I’m assuming they have removed whatever it was 

13 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

No, the rumour is that the suspect the P.Is believe was most likely, was a family relation of JJ and it was his spunk in the condom.

McGlynn The Money
23 minutes ago, theshed said:

Just shows the shambolic nature of the people behind the programme. Scary to think that thousands of clowns watched that nonsense and have decided he's innocent on the back of it, crowdfunding and signing petitions in the process. 

Nutters.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No, the rumour is that the suspect the P.Is believe was most likely, was a family relation of JJ and it was his spunk in the condom.

if this turns out to be the case and it is his semen then why would this line of inquiry not have been followed up?

That place seems like a good secluded spot for couples and others to have sex so couldn't it just have been a randy couples throwing away their dirty deeds?

14 minutes ago, theshed said:

It was from yesterday’s papers and it does say they were going to have to remove the blunder before they could show it again so I’m assuming they have removed whatever it was 

Yes, there was text blurred out on a computer screen showing other possible suspects.

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

if this turns out to be the case and it is his semen then why would this line of inquiry not have been followed up?

That place seems like a good secluded spot for couples and others to have sex so couldn't it just have been a randy couples throwing away their dirty deeds?

There's little doubt in my mind that it would be a secluded area which young people would think was ideal for enjoying themselves, in a way that they wouldn't be able to in their parent's homes. There were probably many more condoms lying around at the time, but just not exactly where poor Jodie was found.

It was one of the least relevant pieces of bombshell evidence produced by the 3 sleuths, along with the girl driving the car whilst not being aware of anything going on at the side of the road. 

For a programme dedicated to showing up the police for their questionable handling of the investigation, they didn't cover themselves in much glory either. So many holes in their theories for them to be considered strong.

For those saying the documentary was very one sided, isn't that the point? The documentary makers are of the belief that there is doubt in the case and have commissioned the programme on that basis.

I haven't watched it and I'm not getting invited in the either side debates on here. What I will say though is people should have a look at the innocence project in America. It's a charity dedicated to freeing innocent people who are locked up for crimes that they didn't commit. The number of people they have helped and are helping now is staggering. The false convictions are full of both police and prosecutor corruption. It's taken years and "countless" appeals to get some of them out.

Yes I know its America but its surely not a stretch to imagine the same thing happens here as well as other western countries. It wouldn't take long to dig up some cases online. 

I'm not saying anything about this particular case, I'll leave that to others, all I'm saying is that corruption and miscarriages of justice are not uncommon. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I think that was the alibi surrounding the matter. 

This is just social media talk. Folk seen the name of the "other suspect" on screen, hence why ch5 have had to edit the episode. 

15 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

You made me laugh there.

I have this opinion of you that your ancestors dunked women accused of being witches to see if they drowned. If they didn't, they must be witch  so burned them at the stake.

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

You made me laugh there.

I have this opinion of you that your ancestors dunked women accused of being witches to see if they drowned. If they didn't, they must be witch  so burned them at the stake.

Och not at all. I'm well aware that the police make mistakes and get things wrong and many innocent people have been jailed wrongly.

I genuinely don't think that's happened in this case though, certainly not on the back of this "documentary". The two PIs made the Keystone Cops look respectable (that's before we get into why they left the police), the mother is a nutjob who's doing anything to try to get her son out of jail, the criminologist is an attention seeker who has tried to pin the crime on virtually every other male living within a 50 mile radius.

As for the guy who was accusing the deceased Mark Kane, his connection to the case is interesting to say the least.

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Och not at all. I'm well aware that the police make mistakes and get things wrong and many innocent people have been jailed wrongly.

I genuinely don't think that's happened in this case though, certainly not on the back of this "documentary". The two PIs made the Keystone Cops look respectable (that's before we get into why they left the police), the mother is a nutjob who's doing anything to try to get her son out of jail, the criminologist is an attention seeker who has tried to pin the crime on virtually every other male living within a 50 mile radius.

As for the guy who was accusing the deceased Mark Kane, his connection to the case is interesting to say the least.

This has always been the crux for me from the initial sentencing.

I don't believe the police have made mistakes. A lot worse than that.

They have done a downright appalling inept inquiry, completely unworthy of such a callous crime.

7 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Care to share?

14 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

15 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Rumour is false.

The program didn't name more than one person so a few of the other comments on what people have surmised from the programme are also not probable.

The condom was supposedly found some 50yards away from the area (almost the width of a professional football pitch) for example.

There's a reason a lot of the other suspects were so quickly dismissed.

There is way way more to it than the documentary made out.

Maroon Sailor
26 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Rumour is false.

The program didn't name more than one person so a few of the other comments on what people have surmised from the programme are also not probable.

The condom was supposedly found some 50yards away from the area (almost the width of a professional football pitch) for example.

There's a reason a lot of the other suspects were so quickly dismissed.

There is way way more to it than the documentary made out.

That's why people should take documentaries like this with a pinch of salt especially when you have dumb and dumber in the guise of PI's.

McGlynn The Money
33 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Care to share?

Scott Forbes is his name I think. Type that and Jodi Jones case into Google and see what comes up. A good insight into his character.

Watched the documentary this morning and it makes some strong arguments. It had zero balance whatsoever though, there was not a single argument for Mitchell actually being guilty. With no attempts to not be one sided it is hard to give it much credence.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Watched the documentary this morning and it makes some strong arguments. It had zero balance whatsoever though, there was not a single argument for Mitchell actually being guilty. With no attempts to not be one sided it is hard to give it much credence.

Correct. Was looking forward to this until I realised it was a channel 5 documentary! 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Scott Forbes is his name I think. Type that and Jodi Jones case into Google and see what comes up. A good insight into his character.

Exactly what I said earlier when I was talking about people leeching off this case and trying to keep it going.

Guilty.

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/luke-mitchell-witness-wanted-50k-968845

Daily Record from 2008, unsure if I can copy the text here as it also names who condom man is said to be. None of this is startling new evidence as depicted in the C5 documentary, its been around for years.

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

This has always been the crux for me from the initial sentencing.

I don't believe the police have made mistakes. A lot worse than that.

They have done a downright appalling inept inquiry, completely unworthy of such a callous crime.

Can you give examples of how a murder enquiry should work?

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Exactly what I said earlier when I was talking about people leeching off this case and trying to keep it going.

Guilty.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/luke-mitchell-witness-wanted-50k-968845

Daily Record from 2008, unsure if I can copy the text here as it also names who condom man is said to be. None of this is startling new evidence as depicted in the C5 documentary, its been around for years.

:spoton: my good men.

haveyouheard1874

Just watched part 2 still plenty doubt for me 

She passes a polygraph test  as does Luke when that and other stuff  was put to them 

It surely has to go back to court for me