Jodi Jones murder re-examined

Sten Guns

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, andrewjambo said:

It puts a massive hole in the Corinne Mitchell/Sandra Lean position that no DNA of Luke's was found at the scene.  

Exactly. They don't mention that funnily enough.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• McGlynn The Money

• Tommy Brown

• haveyouheard1874

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It's two high court appeals, a high court judgement to say it cannot go to the supreme court. One miscarriage of justice Scotland appeal. They've all failed so there are alot of learned people a lot thicker than the Kickback Poirots

:spoton:

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, graygo said:

As many appeals as are required if there is still doubt, you can't put a price on justice 

Where is the doubt? Apart from the murderer himself saying it wasn't him, his completely impartial mum and a "criminologist" sitting on a TV programme talking to her car door?

17 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Where is the doubt? Apart from the murderer himself saying it wasn't him, his completely impartial mum and a "criminologist" sitting on a TV programme talking to her car door?

:notsure:

McGlynn The Money
23 minutes ago, graygo said:

:notsure:

Those women really are nuts. And as for the " private investigators"...

Yet people are buying it!

:cornette: :cornette_dog:

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

The trial had to be restarted as it turned out that one of the jurors knew one of the witnesses against Mitchell. Which only reinforces Mitchell's defences claim that the trial should not have been held in Edinburgh.

Fair point, although I know someone  who Donald findlay objected to as a juror as he was from dalkeith

25 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Those women really are nuts. And as for the " private investigators"...

Yet people are buying it!

:cornette: :cornette_dog:

Yip, they're the only ones with doubts.

:cornette_dog::cornette:

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Exactly. They don't mention that funnily enough.

You really think the CPS had the accused's DNA, locating him to the crime scene, but weren't allowed to use it !?

McGlynn The Money
8 minutes ago, felix said:

You really think the CPS had the accused's DNA, locating him to the crime scene, but weren't allowed to use it !?

Not what I said and not what happened. Read back on the case.

McGlynn The Money
16 minutes ago, graygo said:

Aye, them as well. And that's it.

:cornette::cornette_dog:

10 minutes ago, andrewjambo said:

This BBC page from 2004 supports that assertion:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4098795.stm

It's almost as if the folk who believe the version of events put forward by that convicted murderer, his interesting mum and the car door criminologist don't have a clue what they're on about it.

2 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Stop repeating the car nonsense. 

Her research means she know a lot of the case details than you will ever.

32 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

It's almost as if the folk who believe the version of events put forward by that convicted murderer, his interesting mum and the car door criminologist don't have a clue what they're on about it.

Still sticking with the "only three people have doubts" line?

McGlynn The Money
14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Stop repeating the car nonsense. 

Her research means she know a lot of the case details than you will ever.

Yes, but not as much as the jury who found the murderer guilty.

The car thing just adds to the bizarreness of the whole episode. She's almost as deranged as the insane mother. Is there a male alive or dead in Dalkeith that they haven't tried to pin it on one wonders.

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Still sticking with the "only three people have doubts" line?

I thought I was the one who couldn't count?

:oohmatron:

20 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I thought I was the one who couldn't count?

:oohmatron:

I'm sure you can count, seem to struggle a wee bit when it's more than 2 though.

:cornette::cornette:

3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Well I am shocked. The programmes seemed so professional and well made, with all of the participants being of impeccable character...

Well I am shocked. According to you only the mad mum, the crazy car lady and Mitchell himself have doubts about the case and yet that page has a link to an online petition with nearly 10,000 signatures demanding a full independent inquiry.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Not what I said and not what happened. Read back on the case.

Apologies. Your response "fair point" to a post which said DNA found on accused trousers/victims bra was "not admissible in court" probably should have pointed out was admissible in court , but dismissed as innocent. That better ?

1 hour ago, andrewjambo said:

This BBC page from 2004 supports that assertion:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4098795.stm

It's interesting that "innocent" DNA was found on LMs clothes, but no blood, or signs of struggle. 

McGlynn The Money
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Well I am shocked. According to you only the mad mum, the crazy car lady and Mitchell himself have doubts about the case and yet that page has a link to an online petition with nearly 10,000 signatures demanding a full independent inquiry.

Which one are you? The potty parent or the car park cuckoo?

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, felix said:

Apologies. Your response "fair point" to a post which said DNA found on accused trousers/victims bra was "not admissible in court" probably should have pointed out was admissible in court , but dismissed as innocent. That better ?

Oh, go on then.

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's been done on this thread already.

The trial has been done already. The appeals have been done already.

I'll go with them, not a "documentary" featuring a cast of characters who would look more at him in that bar in Star Wars.

15 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Which one are you? The potty parent or the car park cuckoo?

The potty parent?  Do you think she deserves to go what she has?  

Give the woman a break, she's not done anything.  

Who wouldn't be affected by what she has been through? 

You might think he is guilty but she isn't. 

McGlynn The Money
12 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The potty parent?  Do you think she deserves to go what she has?  

Give the woman a break, she's not done anything.  

Who wouldn't be affected by what she has been through? 

You might think he is guilty but she isn't. 

I take it all back, she's completely innocent...

5 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I take it all back, she's completely innocent...

What has she done apart from stand by her son who in her eyes isn't guilty.  

Tell me what she is guilty of doing? 

Edited by Auldbenches

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Extraordinary. Channel 5 is one of the most high-quality, professionals stations going and I’m amazed that they’ve made a horses arse of a story they were trying to leech off

51 minutes ago, felix said:

It's interesting that "innocent" DNA was found on LMs clothes, but no blood, or signs of struggle. 

I guess it's possible that he attacked her in a way where there wasn't a struggle.

There's evidence that he went home and had a fire possibly disposing of evidence like his clothes and jacket which was never found.

AlphonseCapone
17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Extraordinary. Channel 5 is one of the most high-quality, professionals stations going and I’m amazed that they’ve made a horses arse of a story they were trying to leech off

Aye like you didn't watch Family Affairs..  

McGlynn The Money
41 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

"In her eyes isn't guilty" is one way of putting her behaviour.

Was there not a court case over a couple getting poisoned by fumes in one of her caravans too? I'm sure one of them died.

SectionDJambo
29 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Assuming that her son is guilty, she has tried to give him a false alibi. Her other son is said to have given cause for doubt that the alibi was true.

I have no informed opinion on the guilt of her son, but he was found guilty in a court of law, which I know has happened wrongly to others in the past. 

The Channel 5 programme would have carried more credibility if it had fully explained the circumstantial evidence, against Luke Mitchell, given to the court, instead of just dismissing it all. People have been convicted of murder when the body of the victim hasn’t been found. It’s not unusual to convict on circumstantial evidence.

Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

"In her eyes isn't guilty" is one way of putting her behaviour.

Was there not a court case over a couple getting poisoned by fumes in one of her caravans too? I'm sure one of them died.

I haven't heard about the last incident you mention.   What do you expect her to do if she thinks he is innocent.   I felt for her as she is also a victim in this, though not as much as the jones family.  

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Assuming that her son is guilty, she has tried to give him a false alibi. Her other son is said to have given cause for doubt that the alibi was true.

I have no informed opinion on the guilt of her son, but he was found guilty in a court of law, which I know has happened wrongly to others in the past. 

The Channel 5 programme would have carried more credibility if it had fully explained the circumstantial evidence, against Luke Mitchell, given to the court, instead of just dismissing it all. People have been convicted of murder when the body of the victim hasn’t been found. It’s not unusual to convict on circumstantial evidence.

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I haven't heard about the last incident you mention.   What do you expect her to do if she thinks he is innocent.   I felt for her as she is also a victim in this, though not as much as the jones family.  

I agree.with what SectionDJambo said. A

Just now, SectionDJambo said:

If she has deliberately protected him knowing he is innocent then she deserves a sentence of some sort.  She isn't the only one who thinks he is innocent and lots can see why she is supporting him.  

She hasn't been convicted of perverting the course of justice so we can't accuse her of lying, that just comes across as you being biased.  

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

If she has deliberately protected him knowing he is innocent then she deserves a sentence of some sort.  She isn't the only one who thinks he is innocent and lots can see why she is supporting him.  

She hasn't been convicted of perverting the course of justice so we can't accuse her of lying, that just comes across as you being biased.  

I’m assuming that you meant if he was guilty in your first sentence.

As for your accusation that I’m biased, I find that a bit hypocritical since you have given a more definite opinion of his innocence than I have of his guilt. I said I have no informed opinion either way, but you had asked what his mother may have done wrong.

I will say that I won’t form an opinion on the guilt or innocence of Luke Mitchell from a programme which contained some crazy one sided theories, with absolutely no balance.

On 19/02/2021 at 20:19, Tazio said:

A truly impartial documentary is a rare thing. I’d be interested to see who the advisers are on this. 

Well this turned out to be quite right. 

3 hours ago, graygo said:

A million people believed Elvis never died in 77 and a billion people think we never landed on the moon.  Millions of people think Covid is a hoax.

The world is full of nutters and non believer's. 

haveyouheard1874
15 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

A million people believed Elvis never died in 77 and a billion people think we never landed on the moon.  Millions of people think Covid is a hoax.

The world is full of nutters and non believer's. 

Correct 👍

McGlynn The Money
44 minutes ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

State of some on here Re the case,, criminal 🙃

Not as criminal as someone murdering their 14 year old girlfriend.

AlphonseCapone

Emotions obviously high on this one, not only due to the circumstance but proximity. It's fairly easy for folk around here to spot how biased the channel 5 documentary seemed to be, but makes you wonder about all these other ones like Making a Murderer etc whether they're as blantly biased and folk in wherever that was, Milwaukee?, look on in amazement at how many folk worldwide are convinced of Steven Avery's innocence. 

haveyouheard1874
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Not as criminal as someone murdering their 14 year old girlfriend.

Says the likes of you in a matter of fact way as if you know it all,, you would be a dream ticket on a jury for the prosecution  

I have also  mentioned  in  a previous post there is certainly some doubt , for me anyway .. never ever said Luke was innocent but verdicts can and have changed in the past and will continue to do so IMO

Also ,i have posted how gutted i was for Jodi and her family as it must be a living nightmare from them, but you can continue to be the  Judge, Jury and Executioner  in that deluded way you portray add nausea on line

haveyouheard1874
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Emotions obviously high on this one, not only due to the circumstance but proximity. It's fairly easy for folk around here to spot how biased the channel 5 documentary seemed to be, but makes you wonder about all these other ones like Making a Murderer etc whether they're as blantly biased and folk in wherever that was, Milwaukee?, look on in amazement at how many folk worldwide are convinced of Steven Avery's innocence. 

I still think there is a case Re Bambers innocence, reckon the McCann's never done there kid in but done  ferk all to protect her,, just opinions and takes in these type cases ,,that you can never give a matter of fact reply and take,, well IMO

Edited by haveyouheard1874

haveyouheard1874
12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

OJ Simpson walked and for me that was a slam dunk if ever