Kenny ******* Powers

England having an absolute nightmare.

Looks like this test won't last 3 days.

Maroon Sailor

England having an absolute nightmare.

Looks like this test won't last 3 days.

Plenty batting still to come

There is but it cannot see this lasting through until Tea on Saturday, maybe even done by Lunch!

Kenny ******* Powers

Plenty to come but it's more the way they are batting that worries me. Pietersen hasn't played much recently. Bell looks out of form, not convinced by Bairstow as yet and Prior can't be expected to perform his heroics every game.

Hope they prove me wrong.

Maroon Sailor

Ricky Ponting is 157 not out in his final first class innings for Surrey against Notts

Maybe his retirement is a tad premature - still capable of scoring runs

As I really only watch the ashes in cricket... how many overs is played to complete an innings... or can they keep playing until all out?

Maroon Sailor

As I really only watch the ashes in cricket... how many overs is played to complete an innings... or can they keep playing until all out?

Keep playing until all out. A team can declare though.

There are 90 overs scheduled to be bowled per day.

Unlimited overs.

Maroon Sailor

Cook and Pietersen have basically dropped anchor this afternoon.

End of the 2nd day

Eng 215

Aus 280

Eng 80-2 (43 overs)

Cook 37 not out

Root 5

Trott 0

Pietersen 35 not out

England lead by 15 runs

Harry Palmer

Cook and Pietersen have basically dropped anchor this afternoon.

Someone had to though, there's still 3 days left (potentially) so plenty time to try and build a decent lead.

Cheers for the 2 replies above. I caught the last couple hours of play today, alot slower but england basically have a full day tomorrow to get 200+ runs to give themselves a good chance.

Plus Australia could crumble again and you cant see a 11th in line getting another 98 score

Cheers for the 2 replies above. I caught the last couple hours of play today, alot slower but england basically have a full day tomorrow to get 200+ runs to give themselves a good chance.

Plus Australia could crumble again and you cant see a 11th in line getting another 98 score

Don't know why they're moaning so much about Trott's wicket, thought he was clear out.

Just saw it on the highlights. Nothing showed up on hot spot, but I have a feeling he might have just about touched it.

They normally have a side on hot spot which might have helped but apparently that wasn't recording because Root got out the ball before and they were expecting him to appeal to tv so they were setting up the replays and not recording the Trott ball!

Just saw it on the highlights. Nothing showed up on hot spot, but I have a feeling he might have just about touched it.

They normally have a side on hot spot which might have helped but apparently that wasn't recording because Root got out the ball before and they were expecting him to appeal to tv so they were setting up the replays and not recording the Trott ball!

Yeah, i imagine that's something they'll be trying to ensure isn't repeated in the future!

All their claims, though, were based on an apparent movement of the ball between two screen shots from the ball passing the bat and when it hit the pad. I reckon that could have happened without contact with the bat. I may be wrong but i think it was clear out.

Geoff Kilpatrick

More ammo for the BCCI then not to use DRS :down:

England effectively 15-2 going in to Day 3. Captain's innings required.

More ammo for the BCCI then not to use DRS :down:

England effectively 15-2 going in to Day 3. Captain's innings required.

It's not so much DRS' fault, more like bad 3rd umpiring.

Just saw the Trott and Agar dismissals again and the boy has made a balls up of them both.

I thought the Trott one was a harder call, but the stumping was clearly out

Maroon Sailor

It's not so much DRS' fault, more like bad 3rd umpiring.

Just saw the Trott and Agar dismissals again and the boy has made a balls up of them both.

I thought the Trott one was a harder call, but the stumping was clearly out

That stumping decision cost England 150 runs !

Bet the 3rd umpire didn't think that was going to happen. Could yet decide this match.

ToadKiller Dog

England get apology from ICC and the inventor of the hotspot for the operator fault missing the side on hotspot .

As that wrinkly old Rangers supporting no-hoper Rodney Stewart once said, tonights the night (NZ time). It will be decided on day 3 and I am confident it will be decided in England's favour. The batting is strong most of the way down and Aussie have used up their luck.

A 10 year old on debut batting at 11 scoring 98! Honestly delighted for him but give us a break.

England miles ahead by close of play.

As that wrinkly old Rangers supporting no-hoper Rodney Stewart once said, tonights the night (NZ time). It will be decided on day 3 and I am confident it will be decided in England's favour. The batting is strong most of the way down and Aussie have used up their luck.

A 10 year old on debut batting at 11 scoring 98! Honestly delighted for him but give us a break.

England miles ahead by close of play.

Australia also had six batsmen out for two or fewer runs. Two or three having a decent innings could make up for the 98 (and even the 81 not out).

Sun just coming through down here. Looks it will be a good day for batting, and i think England will bat most of it and end on a lead of 200-250 which should be more than enough once Swann starts to turn it round corners.

Australia also had six batsmen out for two or fewer runs. Two or three having a decent innings could make up for the 98 (and even the 81 not out).

Not to mention the fact that the Aussies didn't actually bowl all that well in the first innings, with the majority of wickets coming early in the day the session before lunch today could be crucial!

Harry Palmer

Pietersen gone for 64, could be a crucial breakthrough.

121-3

Harry Palmer

Oh dear...

Cook gone for 50

131-4

Lead of 66 runs.

It looks like England might need a "surprising" innings, like Agar's, to stay in this.

It could still be finished today.

Maroon Sailor

Lunch on the 3rd day

Eng 157-4

Cook 50

Root 5

Trott 0

Pietersen 64

Bell 20 not out

Bairstow 13 not out

A lead of 92

Geoff Kilpatrick

If the Shermanator fails to make a 50 here, he should be emptied.

England are paying the price for dropping Compton, in my view.

Maroon Sailor

If the Shermanator fails to make a 50 here, he should be emptied.

England are paying the price for dropping Compton, in my view.

Paying the price for some dodgy 3rd umpire decisions !

Maroon Sailor

If the Shermanator fails to make a 50 here, he should be emptied

Nearly dragged on there just as I was reading your post

The McGowans Babysitter

The way Australia have batted recently another 80-100 runs for England will be enough. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Archived