Goodwillie

jayjay

Big ChipButty

I'm with you Dr Bapswent on this, two cheeks of the same arse, however, I detest Rangers more than Celtic, and by a long way.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of my mates are huns and they quite like hearts because we hate Celtic almost as much as them.

Erm no. As already said; two cheeks of the same arse.

I really hope you are wrong because that's not the way we should be conducting ourselves.

But it is the way we conduct business and has been for some time. The way we treat people - our own players, potential signings, staff, local businesses - is actually appalling and I have to say, one thing, as well as the small issue of continued existence, I'm looking forward to should we find new ownership, is the club being run properly day to day. I'm not talking the finances, but simply where we have the courtesy to let people know where they stand. We ain't very stakeholder-orientated and that gotta change!!

Now I'm not saying the thing with Goodwillie's true (though Jay Jay deserves some rope), but it wouldn't be surprising. Not surprising if we still want him but an oversight saw us forget to get in touch and not surprising if we decided against and just thought, ah well eff him. Either way it'd be the usual mixture of arrogance and ineptitude.

Bit of a rant from nowhere, I realise!!!

Bindy Badgy

I hate Celtic as much as Rangers fans.

However, I also hate Rangers as much as Celtic fans.

I like to spread my hate around.

I'm with you Dr Bapswent on this, two cheeks of the same arse, however, I detest Rangers more than Celtic, and by a long way.

Having lived in London and now overseas I so often get the old, so if you're Hearts then that means you shout for Rangers! It drives me daft. One of my mates (from Leicester) gave me this last week and got ranted at for quite some time (I was lashed). 99.9% of non-OF fans, Hearts, Hibs, everyone... hates both those (&*%^s!!!!! is my usual response!

When I'm more coherent, my usual is to say I hate them deep-down the same as institutions or clubs. You reach a level of loathing that you can't surpass and they both hit that threshold so it is physically impossible to hate one more than the other. As a team, I may hate one more than the other because of the players or management they have at any one time. Celtic 11/12 were infinately more detestable than Rangers just because of the way Lennon was behaving, even though Rangers had McCulloch, McGregor, Weir et al.

BobbyJenkins

But it is the way we conduct business and has been for some time. The way we treat people - our own players, potential signings, staff, local businesses - is actually appalling and I have to say, one thing, as well as the small issue of continued existence, I'm looking forward to should we find new ownership, is the club being run properly day to day. I'm not talking the finances, but simply where we have the courtesy to let people know where they stand. We ain't very stakeholder-orientated and that gotta change!!

Now I'm not saying the thing with Goodwillie's true (though Jay Jay deserves some rope), but it wouldn't be surprising. Not surprising if we still want him but an oversight saw us forget to get in touch and not surprising if we decided against and just thought, ah well eff him. Either way it'd be the usual mixture of arrogance and ineptitude.

Bit of a rant from nowhere, I realise!!!

Not aimed at you but I doubt John Murray woudl forget or simply not contact a player hes in negotiations with, assuming hes dealing with it. Just doesnt add up to me.

Not aimed at you but I doubt John Murray woudl forget or simply not contact a player hes in negotiations with, assuming hes dealing with it. Just doesnt add up to me.

You'd think not but the ineptitude of our club does know no bounds!!

What generally seems to happen with signings is that the club hierarchy (Serge I suppose) tell the underlings (Murray, Lockie, whoever) they can do something, so they go do that thing - agree terms with a player for instance. But it needs signed off and that's always where delay comes - getting stuff signed and sealed. So we're forever getting agreements made and then losing out. Happened with Mehmet and Gomis a couple of seasons back.

Situation is a bit weird at the mo, but if Murray is simply waiting on approval or they're worried about the SPL inquiry, then surely the best course of action is to stay in touch with the player and be honest, no?

I'm aware that I'm assuming truth in what I've seen on here, and actually know heehaw of what's really going on, but only for the sake of this post!

What worries me is that football isn't that big a community and players talk. You can only piss so many people off. That goes for the local community and businesses too - we miss a lot of sponsorship etc because we treated so many like mugs. Even the guy who used to provide the catering at Riccarton never got paid. You might say that's just one guy, but knowing that, who would want to step in and do other business with the club.

As I say above, I really hope if and when we start the new dawn, we're run bloomin properly. Not cos I want us to be cuddly, but it's business sense.

BobbyJenkins

What generally seems to happen with signings is that the club hierarchy (Serge I suppose) tell the underlings (Murray, Lockie, whoever) they can do something, so they go do that thing - agree terms with a player for instance. But it needs signed off and that's always where delay comes - getting stuff signed and sealed. So we're forever getting agreements made and then losing out. Happened with Mehmet and Gomis a couple of seasons back.

Situation is a bit weird at the mo, but if Murray is simply waiting on approval or they're worried about the SPL inquiry, then surely the best course of action is to stay in touch with the player and be honest, no?

I'm aware that I'm assuming truth in what I've seen on here, and actually know heehaw of what's really going on, but only for the sake of this post!

What worries me is that football isn't that big a community and players talk. You can only piss so many people off. That goes for the local community and businesses too - we miss a lot of sponsorship etc because we treated so many like mugs. Even the guy who used to provide the catering at Riccarton never got paid. You might say that's just one guy, but knowing that, who would want to step in and do other business with the club.

As I say above, I really hope if and when we start the new dawn, we're run bloomin properly. Not cos I want us to be cuddly, but it's business sense.

Aye thats probably how it goes, waiting on the nod or otherwise from the board etc I just find it unbelievable that Murray, again if its him, wouldnt at least keep player/agent aware of the situation, no contact whatsoever seems utterly bizarre and a wee bit like made up nonsense.

However, as you say, were not exactly run in a proper way.

tartofmidlothian

I abandoned thread on this one a few days ago. How's it been going?

Aye thats probably how it goes, waiting on the nod or otherwise from the board etc I just find it unbelievable that Murray, again if its him, wouldnt at least keep player/agent aware of the situation, no contact whatsoever seems utterly bizarre and a wee bit like made up nonsense.

However, as you say, were not exactly run in a proper way.

DG informed Hearts when negotiations were ongoing of his impending holiday and that he wanted something sorted out potentially before he went.

As of yesterday morning he hasn't heard back from hearts. This came from someone very very close to DG.

Now whether Hearts have change their mind due to financial worries etc I have no idea but they HAVEN'T informed the player If they have.

Call me optimistic but I got the feeling whilst talking to my mate a Deal was still possible as he hasn't went and signed the deal on the table from UTD and he was adamant he wanted something done before his holidays.

If he was that keen to have something sorted he,d have signed for UTD.

I,ll hear more on Saturday if nothing has been done by then.

And just to add further fuel to the fire he also told me it Was Goodwillie OR Boyd and not both. I'm not sure whether this is significant or has changed in any way.

DG informed Hearts when negotiations were ongoing of his impending holiday and that he wanted something sorted out potentially before he went.

As of yesterday morning he hasn't heard back from hearts. This came from someone very very close to DG.

Now whether Hearts have change their mind due to financial worries etc I have no idea but they HAVEN'T informed the player If they have.

Call me optimistic but I got the feeling whilst talking to my mate a Deal was still possible as he hasn't went and signed the deal on the table from UTD and he was adamant he wanted something done before his holidays.

If he was that keen to have something sorted he,d have signed for UTD.

I,ll hear more on Saturday if nothing has been done by then.

Good man Jay Jay. As I say, if it's worry about SPLinquiries, tax payment etc, then just keep the laddie informed and ask if he's willing to hold on a week or so. He could just as easily turn round and sign for someone else having heard nowt. You wouln't blame him.

Is there a conspiracy theory that we want to be in for him but actually know we won't sign him!!?!?!? Not from Lockie etc, but you do sometimes have to wonder from the high heid yins. "Yeh, go agree what you want with who you want" with no intention of signing off on it....

Anyway, when Saturday comes mate!

I hate rangers far more than celtic.

Two cheeks of the same arse is a perfect quote though, and rangers is the cheek that hasn't been wiped properly...

FWIT I believe most of the claims on here from those who do seem to be in the know to an extent i.e goodwillie was targeted, talked to and was receptive to coming (no pun intended) however our legendery problem of getting answers from Lithuania has scuppered it to an extent that other financial issues have now overtaken the signing players process.

Or am I not giving them enough credit and as others have suggested have Serge and his cronies only one intent and thats to prize enough out us time and time again while giving the management enough fuel to allow them to believe they are being allowed to do there jobs?

Whatever happens should it be admin, the L word or anything else I just pray it happens and this regime sods of and allow whatever owners that will run us correctly to do that just that. I have no doubt we the fans would contribute again but not to this current lot been there done that and it aint working

Who actually calls the shots at present as I honestly aint got a clue and why would anyone without a Hearts supporting

Background even consider coming here at present and even if they did support Hearts why would they.

I dont have the answers but the cure can and will start with the current regime giving us a break and sodding off but alas there still are financial issues that go on and on and on, grrrrrrr

oh ah grantona

Jim spence has tweeted that utd won't do a deal for him today but very hopefull by end of week.

With Locke away and us looking up sh1t creek I doubt he will be our player.

Another decent player missed. We are beginning to look excellent candidates for relegation IMO

Jim spence has tweeted that utd won't do a deal for him today but very hopefull by end of week.

With Locke away and us looking up sh1t creek I doubt he will be our player.

Another decent player missed. We are beginning to look excellent candidates for relegation IMO

If the deal was to happen which I highly doubt, it would be John Murray that deals with the negotiations so wouldn't really matter if Lockie was here or not.

Cardiac Rucksack

He's not likely to sign anything prior to coming home from his holiday. Jim spence, as much as I think he's a decent journo, tends to put a massive positive spin on all things utd.

Clerry Jambo

Spence re-iterates Goodwillie wants to come back to Scotland, therefore bumping Blackpool and to Tannadice

Stumbling block wages that Utd would have to pay but chairman apparently going to push the boat out........

ToadKiller Dog

United Chairman has given Blackburn a deadline of tonight to decide . A bit arrogant of him not sure Blackburn will like that .

jamboinglasgow

Ooft. Guess Stephen Thompson's take-it-or-leave-it has spectacularly backfired.

Yup, putting a deadline on transfer, just under a month before pre-season starts, with other clubs putting offers in. Thompson didn't think this through did he.

Russian Hats

Maybe we could be back in? Surely we can offer more percentage of wages than united? (Even though we are struggling financially).

One of my orc mates attempted to play the cousins card (ie the non-existent Protestant link)... I have never came so close to hitting somebody for pure ignorance and stupidity

Hate Rainjurs (rip) and the reincarnation The Rangers more than i hate any other team, just everything about them is pure scum

With regards to goodwillie, Now that Dundee utd are out the box, that really just leaves us and Aberdeen, surely Edinburgh is a better place to live than Aberdeen? I mean i know that sounds snoby or whatever but im clasping at straws here haha!!

Yup, putting a deadline on transfer, just under a month before pre-season starts, with other clubs putting offers in. Thompson didn't think this through did he.

Or maybe he did!

He's the one going to press when he's already agreed a fee with Derby for Russell saying that Celtic are still in with a shout, do you reckon Johnny doesn't fancy it down there and United desperately need the cash?

john brownlee

..your another one that should really put after every post IMO have you been to Riccerton.... the canteen was a van out side and the coffee bar up stair is run and owned buy the uni..and has a cash till.. I would like you to name the companies and staff that are treated IYO so badly and while your at it name a lost sponser... My son would not sponser Heart of Midlothian so many times a season if he was treated as you said........And the last thing I want Heart of Midlothian is to be run like a bunch of blooming flowers. Just one more thing, do you Think all these boys football teams would keep coming to entertain us at half time if they were treated as badly as you say these boys clubs pay a lot of money to be there. Either get some proper facts or names before you post your next opinion..........

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Most of my mates are huns and they quite like hearts because we hate Celtic almost as much as them.

Do we? I can't stand Rangers same as Celtic. They are one and the same and are a blight on our game.

Hawick Jambo

Well I believe in equality, so I hate Rangers in all their versions as much as I hate Celtic. I actually detest them more than even Hibs who I just feel pity for. Imagine all that money spent on going to SC Finals....

As for DG I hope he comes to Hearts and I enjoy JJ's posts on this site

oh ah grantona

Do we? I can't stand Rangers same as Celtic. They are one and the same and are a blight on our game.

We hate Celtic more than rangers hate Celtic fact and its same vise versa if we could be successful us and them would be the bigger rivalry.

Celtic are by far our most hated team then rangers then a face off between hibs Dundee at st liedown

Alba gu Brath

We hate Celtic more than rangers hate Celtic fact and its same vise versa if we could be successful us and them would be the bigger rivalry.

Celtic are by far our most hated team then rangers then a face off between hibs Dundee at st liedown

Who is this 'we'?

Huns/Celtic = two cheeks, same errse.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

:lol: You aren't the official spokesman for all Hearts fans!

NewYorkJambo

Thanks for clearing up who we should dislike most. I wasn't sure until you told me......

Sergio Garcia

I hate Rangers more than I hate Celtic due to growing up during 9 in a row and their fans being bad winners.

Theres decent fans of both teams but I have met many more arses that support Rangers than Celtic.

Speak for yourself. I detest them both equally.

...a bit disco

What's not to hate?

0912bigobnn6.jpg

On the other hand...

George-Galloway2.jpg

United Colours of Scum.

beijingandrew

In the theme of this thread: What do people hate more out of I can't believe it's not butter or margerine?

...a bit disco

In the theme of this thread: What do people hate more out of I can't believe it's not butter or margerine?

I'm neutral on the subject myself.

It's all about the olive spread for me.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What's not to hate?

0912bigobnn6.jpg

"They're really not that different from us... "

Crikey!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Crikey!

The OF really are a different breed from most of us, there's such a high ratio of them who really aren't normal people!

Fermit the Krog

Crikey!

In that one person is making an arse of himself amongst hundreds behaving themselves?

Agreed.

Broomie Hearts

celtic are utter scum from top to bottom.

got rangers and hibs kin folk so i dont mind them much.

goodwillie would be a good signing.

...a bit disco

In that one person is making an arse of himself amongst hundreds behaving themselves?

Agreed.

:lol:

Long may you post Igor.

Archived