Hearts Fans Stay Steadfast - Do Not Renew

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

It seems as if there are a lot of blokes on here that, if you kept on shagging their missus but promised not to do it again, but kept on doing it, would let you off.

Any renewers got a fit wife?

Yes I have.

Opps my mistake.. thought you said fat wife.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well for my part, I'm easily pleased. So long as we appoint a manager who satisfies the jan 1st statement, and allow him to do his job as they said they would in the jan 1st statement, thats fine by me.

But if they appoint ANOTHER vlad puppet, that ain't fine by me. And if Vlad keeps interfering, that ain't fine by me.

I don't think thats being unreasonable.

but vlad will... if a manager you like wants a player asks vlad for the money vlad gives him the money thats vlad interfering ;)

Even Billy Reid or Gus Macpherson. Anybody I suppose, would be better than a Mad Vlad McMad puppet.

You have taken this too far.

You have taken this too far.

I have been impressed with his team this year.

Put together on buttons, and has played good football while taking a lot of points from us.

...Is your stance then predicated on the notion that a manager with full responsibility for team selection should inevitably lead to consistent success on the pitch?...

You seem to be missing the point.

It's not about consistent success, it's about accountability.

If VR wants to interfere and play Football Manager then fine, i'd still support the team.

But let him sit in the dug-out and take the stick from the fans during the games that Shaggy has to put up with. Let him face the media after every game and justify his decisions, his tactics, his shape.

Let him face the fan's on the street that want to know why he keeps picking dross and has better players sitting in the stands.

He wants to pick the team, fine. Show some balls and be accountable.

Guest JamboRobbo
It really shouldn't be such a struggle.

Is your stance then predicated on the notion that a manager with full responsibility for team selection should inevitably lead to consistent success on the pitch?

Nope, but it's my stance that appointing a manager and letting him manage, has been proven by empirical evidence over a long long period of time to be the best way to give your team the best chance of acheiving success at football.

If the manager fails, he gets fired and someone else who has shown potential gets a chance instead.

Amongst other things, the problem we have is, the manager (Vlad) fails, but it's the puppet (e.g. Rix, Ivanasuaskas etc) that gets fired.

Not read through the whole thing as I know it will just be folk having digs at each other.

I just don't see the positive in trying to convince fans to not renew. I see where folk are coming from with with holding their money for as long as possible.

But like I said on another thread people have told JR79 to distinguish Romanov from Hearts. Now people need to do the same here. By getting a season ticket you are supporting Hearts and giving Hearts the money.

There has been a thread on here over the last few days about those renewing season tickets.

This is a thread for those dedicated life-long Hearts supporters who are still withholding handing over cash to Vladimir Romanov.

Whether you are totally disgusted with the shameful and disrespectful way the Club and our supporters have been treated by this man and feel you cannot pay out hard earned money any longer for a lie, whether you are awaiting a REAL response to the infamous January 1st statement before deciding or whether you want to wait and see whether a REAL manager is allowed to settle into the job without interference from Vladimir Romanov...

DO NOT WAVER. STAND FIRM.

Have the courage of your convictions to believe that YOU can make a difference by signalling to Romanov that you are no longer prepared to tolerate his behaviour.

Don't be put off by stories of "steady" streams of people renewing at the ticket office. WE ARE HAVING AN EFFECT.

DO NOT BLINK FIRST.

STAY STEADFAST. The future of Heart of Midlothian may depend on it.

I aint blinkin, I always was going to renew and I am going to in the next few days - I love Hearts more than hate Romanov (not that I hate him). It was the same with Pieman, I loved Hearts more than I disliked him.

jamborich
Nope, but it's my stance that appointing a manager and letting him manage, has been proven by empirical evidence over a long long period of time to be the best way to give your team the best chance of acheiving success at football.

If the manager fails, he gets fired and someone else who has shown potential gets a chance instead.

Amongst other things, the problem we have is, the manager (Vlad) fails, but it's the puppet (e.g. Rix, Ivanasuaskas etc) that gets fired.

Not always, George Burley

You seem to be missing the point.

It's not about consistent success, it's about accountability.

If VR wants to interfere and play Football Manager then fine, i'd still support the team.

But let him sit in the dug-out and take the stick from the fans during the games that Shaggy has to put up with. Let him face the media after every game and justify his decisions, his tactics, his shape.

Let him face the fan's on the street that want to know why he keeps picking dross and has better players sitting in the stands.

He wants to pick the team, fine. Show some balls and be accountable.

He show's no ball's in anything he does,either get's one of his muppets to do it for him or hides away.

Vlad has never once that I can think off came out and said anything other than blame other people,FFS he even got Charlie Mann to say it wasn't him that fired Pressley,he said it was a "mistake" and knew nowt about it.

Even his 1st jan statement suggests it was "previous managers and coaches" faults for the mess we are in.

He doesn't turn up for games,misses AGMs,cannot communicate to fans/media/SFA/SPL,he has no balls.

Hopefully now that Hearts seem to be getting the message that we are not all sheep, he will have to see the errors of his way's and publicly admit he was/is wrong and say sorry to everyone he has tried to make an arse off.

boabyarsebiscuit

Hear what the OP is saying and I'm a bit torn about the renewal situation as, unlike the guy above, I genuinely do hate Romanov. I will not criticise anyone who chooses not to renew, but with 2 STs, and the intention to buy a 3rd, I'd be daft not to take the discount on the 2 I currently hold.

I'm signing up for the Away "scheme" as well. Awaydays are the dogs' b's.

Guest JamboRobbo
Not always, George Burley

duh. Obviously I was talking about how a football club should be run, not how ours is being run.

Manager acheives success, he stays.

Manager fails, he goes.

It should be that simple.

el_jambo74
There has been a thread on here over the last few days about those renewing season tickets.

This is a thread for those dedicated life-long Hearts supporters who are still withholding handing over cash to Vladimir Romanov.

Whether you are totally disgusted with the shameful and disrespectful way the Club and our supporters have been treated by this man and feel you cannot pay out hard earned money any longer for a lie, whether you are awaiting a REAL response to the infamous January 1st statement before deciding or whether you want to wait and see whether a REAL manager is allowed to settle into the job without interference from Vladimir Romanov...

Have the courage of your convictions to believe that YOU can make a difference by signalling to Romanov that you are no longer prepared to tolerate his behaviour.

Don't be put off by stories of "steady" streams of people renewing at the ticket office. WE ARE HAVING AN EFFECT.

DO NOT BLINK FIRST.

Why not just leave it to others to decide for themselves instead of trying to push your own agenda?

I really can't see how it's been proved empirically. Ignoring the troubles at Gretna, every other SPL team has a "real" manager but (probably) only one will win anything, so by definition the rest will not. Tangoman is a "real" manager. Do the Sheep think they've been successful? Don't think so. Has Gus been successful? Or Yogi?

I'm sorry but there is no single criterion for success or for a protype manager/management set-up otherwise every game would be drawn (assuming we had fair referees) and we'd all finish equal in the league.

jambovambo

Oh, for Heaven's sake.

We all know what JamboRobbo is saying.

We need a manager.

Because football teams have managers.

Success is not necessarily about winning the league.

Success is also about getting results commensurate with your wage bill, or even better, doing better than your wage bill would suggest.

Remember the points per wage spend thread.

Lay off JamboRobbo.

Guest JamboRobbo
I really can't see how it's been proved empirically.

By the good managers repeatedly winning things wherever the go, and the poorer managers rarely winning, and the teams that try not bothering with a manager MASSIVELY underacheiving.

Appointing a manager does not result in automatic success. But appointing a manager, and making him accountable, will result in getting more out of the resources at our disposal than we would without a manager, or if we fail to get enough out of the resources at his disposal, we can appoit someone else who can get more.

For the past 3 years, we've spending 10M+ a year in wages. We've been finishing below teams that spend 3M a year and less. That in itself, shows how much we are under acheiving on the park for the resources at our disposal.

The People's Chimp
I really can't see how it's been proved empirically. Ignoring the troubles at Gretna, every other SPL team has a "real" manager but (probably) only one will win anything, so by definition the rest will not. Tangoman is a "real" manager. Do the Sheep think they've been successful? Don't think so. Has Gus been successful? Or Yogi?

I'm sorry but there is no single criterion for success or for a protype manager/management set-up otherwise every game would be drawn (assuming we had fair referees) and we'd all finish equal in the league.

what a boringly pedantic post.

It really shouldn't be such a struggle.

Is your stance then predicated on the notion that a manager with full responsibility for team selection should inevitably lead to consistent success on the pitch?

Even in the SPL it's not entirely impossible :rolleyes: to spot instances of teams employing such managers who are entirely inconsistent in their results.

Oh dear. The trotting out of the fallacy that because not every club that has a manager actually wins a trophy every year, having a manager is not entirely necessary. It'll be pitches and a ball next.

Still, haven't seen it for a couple of weeks.

Jamboelite

I dont think there is any right answer here gentlemen if we hang on we may deprive the club funds with no change and so it ends up becoming depremental or we renew and give the club much needed revenue only for it to go into the pocket of a man who has no care for our opinion as customers.

Having a go at each other for whatever way you go isnt the answer and im at present unsure what to do on my ST purchase in terms of hanging on or just renewing.

jambovambo

I reckon it could be proved empirically that what this man has been doing to this club for over two years now is tearing the support apart.

Fact.

End of.

ArmiyaRomanova

Nope, sorry, I can't let that go unchallenged. How can you 'prove' anything with empirical evidence? It's the understanding behind the evidence that's crucial. C'mon now... I hope you were joking, it wasn't clear.

Imagine a situation in which, say, 100 similarly-financed teams played an entire season, with 50 teams employing traditional managers and 50 managed by 'committee'. If the 50 teams with managers emerged on top, then I'd say there was irrefutable evidence supporting the argument that employing a manager is the better choice. But this hasn't happened, and is highly unlikely to. Unless you know of something similar?

There aren't enough teams managed the way we've been managed to state unequivocally that it's a certain route to under-achievement - although it hasn't worked well for us, and it is time for change.

jambovambo
Nope, sorry, I can't let that go unchallenged. How can you 'prove' anything with empirical evidence? It's the understanding behind the evidence that's crucial. C'mon now... I hope you were joking, it wasn't clear.

Imagine a situation in which, say, 100 similarly-financed teams played an entire season, with 50 teams employing traditional managers and 50 managed by 'committee'. If the 50 teams with managers emerged on top, then I'd say there was irrefutable evidence supporting the argument that employing a manager is the better choice. But this hasn't happened, and is highly unlikely to. Unless you know of something similar?

There aren't enough teams managed the way we've been managed to state unequivocally that it's a certain route to under-achievement - although it hasn't worked well for us, and it is time for change.

To borrow a term from golf, I'd go for the percentage shot up the middle of the fairway ...

Manager acheives success, he stays.

Manager fails, he goes.

It should be that simple.

Oh c'mon JR get with the programme ! We can't have a manager being a success, I mean at the first chance he will be offski along the M8 or down the M1 like a shot. We need to get a nobody who no other club will ever want and who wont betray us and leave for the evil lure of money.

Paranoid, who the Romanov's ? surely not.

ArmiyaRomanova
Oh dear. The trotting out of the fallacy that because not every club that has a manager actually wins a trophy every year, having a manager is not entirely necessary. It'll be pitches and a ball next.

Still, haven't seen it for a couple of weeks.

I think you'll find that you've trotted out that particular fallacy.

Every time the SPL has been won it has been won by a team with a real manager and not a system of emperor and supplicants.

Every time a team in the SPL has been run with a system of emperor and supplicants, playing players in the shop window rather than trying to win the games etc - us and Dundee in the Caniggia/Sara phase - it has been an utter disaster.

Now you might want more evidence that the emperor/supplicant model might be a success if more teams tried it - but I don't think that any other teams would be so stupid to try it.

Guest JamboRobbo

Can you tell me any team managed the way we've been managed that have been successful?

In the absence of ANY evidence that an unconventional approach is a good idea, if that unconventional approach is proving unsuccessful, it would seem a much better option ar the very least to try the conventional approach and measure success using that method as a comparison against the unconventional method which is clearly failing at the moment.

We've only tried the conventional approach for 3 months during Vlads reign. During that period, we were top of the league and undefeated.

I can't understand how any Hearts fan can argue that Vlad continuing to pick the team is the way forward?

jambovambo

JR - I think now you are the victim of a continuous wind-up, because the stances being taken on this thread are getting ridiculous.

Maybe time to let this thread slip down the list a bit, or ... if someone could maybe get the thread back on track ?

Guest JamboRobbo
JR - I think now you are the victim of a continuous wind-up, because the stances being taken on this thread are getting ridiculous.

Maybe time to let this thread slip down the list a bit, or ... if someone could maybe get the thread back on track ?

Aye, you're probably right.

I can't believe what I'm reading - Hearts fans arguing that appointing a manager is not a good thing to do, or is not essential.

I'm starting to think either people are paid to be on here, or have been brainwashed. :P

jambovambo

I can't believe what I'm reading - Hearts fans arguing that appointing a manager is not a good thing to do. I'm starting to think either people are paid to be on here, or have been brainwashed. :P

..or they're yanking your chain, for sport.

DO NOT BLINK FIRST.

How in the World could that assist? He does not give a **** about any of this or us. It will just end up hurting players, do you want that?:evilno:

Guest JamboRobbo
..or they're yanking your chain, for sport.

possibly. fair enough I'll leave it.

jambovambo

"How in the World could that assist? He does not give a **** about any of this or us. It will just end up hurting players, do you want that?"

In my view, this renew-or-don't renew debate is all about long-term v short-term.

There's that saying "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got".

I think the short-term view is "I'll renew - never gave it a second thought - else it's the shops with the wife - I'm a Hearts fan - haven't missed a game for years - want to sit with my mates ... harming the club financially if I don't ... etc".

I think the long-term view is "I might have to make hurtful sacrifices for the greater good of my club ... this guy VR needs a hard message to buck his ideas up ... if I have to pay more and be inconvenienced, so be it ... I want my club back because it's not the club I know ..." etc

Both views may be valid, but only one is going to bring change.

There.

That's how.

Ridiculous they are. There appear to be people on this thread suggesting that because not every club that has a manager is successful, having a manager is not necessarily the way to go.

Perhaps these people can point out any league or cup competition in which it is possible for every team to be successful.

If they're unable to do so, I really don't know what their point is.

ArmiyaRomanova
Can you tell me any team managed the way we've been managed that have been successful?

In the absence of ANY evidence that an unconventional approach is a good idea, if that unconventional approach is proving unsuccessful, it would seem a much better option ar the very least to try the conventional approach and measure success using that method as a comparison against the unconventional method which is clearly failing at the moment.

We've only tried the conventional approach for 3 months during Vlads reign. During that period, we were top of the league and undefeated.

I can't understand how any Hearts fan can argue that Vlad continuing to pick the team is the way forward?

Which part of "it hasn't worked well for us, and it is time for change." didn't you understand?

Ridiculous they are. There appear to be people on this thread suggesting that because not every club that has a manager is successful, having a manager is not necessarily the way to go.

Perhaps these people can point out any league or cup competition in which it is possible for every team to be successful.

If they're unable to do so, I really don't know what their point is.

I think that the general idea must be that there is the opportunity for a paradigm shift in how football teams are managed.

Perhaps only comparable to the change from the 2-3-5 football formations in the 1960s.

We should be grateful to be at the forefront of this grand change. Soon everyone will be doing it. We Don't Need A Manager. A Manager of No Importance.

sandyseymour
Enough is enough. I have been totally behind Vlad up until 4 months ago. Frail, Malofeev etc have not got a fricking clue. Up to this season I have bought 2 season tickets to follow the Hearts. Being from the sticks means I have to drive to the games so I don't have any pre match routines with my mates. Me and my 2 laddies alternate going to the games. I run a business and have a very active and social life which means that when I go to Tynie, it is really putting following the club to the fore.

I am so disillusioned with things right now that I have been giving my ST's to a mate so he can take his young son to a few games. I have alot of things I can do on a Saturday, but I want to be there.

I will not be renewing until we have the promised manager and I find the split in the support to be heartbreaking over this. I totally agree with the OP. We all should do a bit to send a meassage. A message, that's all, to the regime in charge. To blindly renew, unless you want to keep seats, is unforgiveable. If things stay the same I will pick and choose the big games. Don't anyone dare say that i am a fairweather fan for this. I still love my club and always will. I support it in many ways, but if we have the chance to show a message, let's do it.

To blindly renew, unless you want to keep seats, is unforgiveable

I'm renewing and don't worry I won't be seeking you or anyone else's forgiveness (and I don't care where I sit) :evilno:

jambovambo
Which part of "it hasn't worked well for us, and it is time for change." didn't you understand?

Please please stop.

Let's get back on track with the discussion of the thread posted by the OP.

:mw_offtopic: we have been for about 100 posts.

jamborich

I can't believe what I'm reading - Hearts fans arguing that appointing a manager is not a good thing to do, or is not essential.

I'm starting to think either people are paid to be on here, or have been brainwashed. :P

JR if Bobby Williamson became our next manager and was given full authority on team affairs would you be happy.

Guest JamboRobbo

The part where people are arguing with my simple point.

Appoint a manager. Let him manage.

If you agree with that, then we're in agreement on the way forward for our club.

Guest JamboRobbo
JR if Bobby Williamson became our next manager and was given full authority on team affairs would you be happy.

Would you?

I wouldn't be over the moon, but I've little doubt he'd acheive a hell of a lot more with 12.49M quid in wages than Vlad did, so it'd be a step in the right direction from where we are now.

jambovambo

Happier, yeah, than with the status quo.

And that's "status quo" as in the well-known Latin phrase, not some 60-something jean-clad rockers ... hell, wait a minute ...

I think that the general idea must be that there is the opportunity for a paradigm shift in how football teams are managed.

Perhaps only comparable to the change from the 2-3-5 football formations in the 1960s.

We should be grateful to be at the forefront of this grand change. Soon everyone will be doing it. We Don't Need A Manager. A Manager of No Importance.

Yes, come to think of it there was someone on here about a year ago suggesting that having a manager was old hat and that nobody who was anybody on the continent would dream of letting a manager select the team.

Unfortunately, examples of this mass movement requested were not forthcoming.

I feel it unlikely that we will ever be able to compare the results of manager vs committee on the scale suggested on this thread as being necessary for drawing conclusions on their relative merits. Any club owners or boards thinking of taking the pioneering step into management by committee must surely look at HMFC, shudder and go back to the drawing board.

jambovambo
Yes, come to think of it there was someone on here about a year ago suggesting that having a manager was old hat and that nobody who was anybody on the continent would dream of letting a manager select the team.

Unfortunately, examples of this mass movement requested were not forthcoming.

I feel it unlikely that we will ever be able to compare the results of manager vs committee on the scale suggested on this thread as being necessary for drawing conclusions on their relative merits. Any club owners or boards thinking of taking the pioneering step into management by committee must surely look at HMFC, shudder and go back to the drawing board.

... Mugabe-style "management by committee" ...

sandyseymour
The money he has thrown down the swanny, he does not care about it...the debt is piled against HMFC not Vlad. if we do not renew and he looses a couple of million through ticket sales and merchandise, then he has less money to take out of the club! the less he can take out the more that will **** him off.

Let me see now .....Vlad owns Hearts and bank. Hearts owes bank 38mill+. therefore Vlad is in debit 38mill +. But you say he is taking money out of the club??????:rolleyes:

jambovambo
Let me see now .....Vlad owns Hearts and bank. Hearts owes bank 38mill+. therefore Vlad is in debit 38mill +. But you say he is taking money out of the club??????:rolleyes:

Oh-oh.

Here we go.

THAT discussion again ... cue "who owns the debt?" again.

The Original Post was FJ saying "Don't renew - hold firm".

I agree with that.

chrisyboy

You have very shory memorys, we would have gone bust without mad vlad.

So is this is whats going to happen everytime we have a crap season.

I will allway supports hearts.

Go home you glory hunter.

I reckon it could be proved empirically that what this man has been doing to this club for over two years now is tearing the support apart.

Fact.

End of.

This is the truest trueism on this board

I've mentioned this before and never had a response from those that still back Vlad.

The fact that the person who owns Hearts has been so divisive as to create such a split support - and I dont accept it is an equal split, it appears to be 80:20 in favour of us sane people - is damning of itself

People that support Vlad have become so entrenched that the defences have start to lose grip on reality

People arguing that a manager is not that important

People arguing that the level of owner interference at Hearts is normal

People arguing that they have seen very poor Hearts teams before

However, we are split and split badly with very entrenched positions

That is not healthy for any organisation

Only one man is responsible for that split, and the fact he has caused this split is damning in itself.

And even those that support him must concede this

Cliffundo

Oh ...simple as that is it?

ok Smart arse! how about this... bednaer fee Gordon fee ...so lets say we deduct ?12 mill for arguments sake, that leaves us with around ?26 mill .. the ground is worth probably more now when you consider he actually purchased additional land and also the projected planning permission would help to increase potential value.

now how much has vlad invested from his own pocket? nothing because hearts have had all the debt lumbered onto them... so if vlad sells up what could he realisticly achieve? quite a fair packet! as you said...he owns the bank!

jamborich
Would you?

I wouldn't be over the moon, but I've little doubt he'd acheive a hell of a lot more with 12.49M quid in wages than Vlad did.

Enough for you to renew your season ticket

Archived